Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Dooo eeeettt https://imgur.com/gallery/JyHnG (you can download the whole album if you click on the 3 dots at the end o the post next to the share links)

Wow, that is a nostalgic gallery. I can remember looking at some of these like 7-8 years ago when I first started. Good stuff!

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Do you all listen to music while reading books or manga and, if so, what kind of music?

joined Jan 14, 2020

Sometimes. Usually to drown out outside noise rather than to set a mood for reading. Sometimes just brown noise or water sounds 'music'. Otherwise, stuff without English lyrics, because those would be distracting. Anime songs and soundtracks, classical, Celtic, Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack, sometimes Latin or Arabic or such.

last edited at Jun 19, 2020 2:30AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I also sometimes do, usually finding some calming instrumental music. Luckily, on Google Play Music, where all the music I download goes, I've made a playlist for exactly that kind of music.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Oh man! I found an awesome channel today

I listen to yt vids like this rather than music most of the time. I listen to music while gaming on pc/console.

Please, I have ideas for at least 50 mangas. 10 have at least somewhat completed story. I just need to finally learn how to draw...

Do it! 50 manga will take a loooooong time and not publishing them would be a waste. Or I guess you could pay for an artist. I personally want to put my stories online when I feel better and get some privacy.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/69619155
SAO GGO Karen x Elsa
I spent 2 hours looking for F!MC x Kureha from fatal bullet. No results. FECK.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

Dooo eeeettt https://imgur.com/gallery/JyHnG (you can download the whole album if you click on the 3 dots at the end o the post next to the share links)

Thanks! It'll definitely come in handy.

Rye posted:

Oh man! I found an awesome channel today

Wait, you didn't know about Philosophy Tube? Last time we talked about bread channels, Peko added to the list and I mentioned to her she forgot about him, so she edit him into her post I believe (the power of too much free time stares). I guess you could miss the edit. There's actually few more that I know that weren't mentioned there. And yea I used to listen to stuff like that in background all the time, when I was doing something that I didn't need to focus on, to have my mind occupied with something as well as to not let it stagnate.

Please, I have ideas for at least 50 mangas. 10 have at least somewhat completed story. I just need to finally learn how to draw...

Do it! 50 manga will take a loooooong time and not publishing them would be a waste. Or I guess you could pay for an artist. I personally want to put my stories online when I feel better and get some privacy.

Yea, I want to post them online and ideally e-beg earn my living using patreon. I was considering collaborating with someone but ignoring the fact finding such person is hard enough on it's own, I'm not really keen on idea of working together with someone, especially since ironically I'm pretty perfectionist, so I'm not sure if someone else could do it exactly the way I envision it. And I do want to learn how to draw, always did, so it's not like I'm forcing myself to do it alone. Ideally if I managed to pull it off, I'd want to support myself as a artist and finally stop having to work jobs I hate. And yes, my biggest pain is that I might not live long enough to make all of those, which pains me greatly, but as long as 1 manage to make the 1 I care the most about, I'll probably be able to die happily.

Also I kinda didn't mention it but

I have 4 somewhat connected stories planned out if anyone is curious. 2 are full yuri, 2 are mainly adventure.

If you feel up to it, I'd be more than happy to read what you got.

Also also

if I ever actually get to making it a reality by getting rid of this never ending depression and anger

I relate to this on spiritual level

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Nev, we're like, the same person lol. But I actually had got a decent job because well..my dad made the company. I thought about all that too which is why I suggested a collab. I agree the begging patreon route is the best way to go if you're going to make a living out of this, or else you'd be doing it for exposure XD.
Good luck!

Wait, you didn't know about Philosophy Tube? Last time we talked about bread channels, Peko added to the list and I mentioned to her she forgot about him, so she edit him into her post I believe (the power of too much free time stares). I guess you could miss the edit. There's actually few more that I know that weren't mentioned there. And yea I used to listen to stuff like that in background all the time, when I was doing something that I didn't need to focus on, to have my mind occupied with something as well as to not let it stagnate.

Oh yeah! I remember that discussion. I was definitely not paying attention LOL. It happens when you're sleep deprived for 4 months.
Guess I'll share TheraminTrees instead...uh trigger warning? Maybe? I wish he uploaded more often.

If you feel up to it, I'd be more than happy to read what you got.

Not yet! I'm not ready blush
I lost like the 1st 30% when my old pc died, I don't have anything to share rn until I write it down again.

last edited at Jun 19, 2020 10:04AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

Nev, we're like, the same person lol.

Haha xD

But I actually had got a decent job because well..my dad made the company.

Oh that's really neat!

I agree the begging patreon route is the best way to go if you're going to make a living out of this, or else you'd be doing it for exposure XD.

Exactly! xD

Good luck!

Thanks and same!

Oh yeah! I remember that discussion. I was definitely not paying attention LOL. It happens when you're sleep deprived for 4 months.

Pats

Guess I'll share TheraminTrees instead...uh trigger warning? Maybe? I wish he uploaded more often.

From stuff I can personally recommend Lindsay Ellis is very good for left leaning analyze of media, but also great analyze of media in general and Pop Culture Detective is very eye opening about how media can reinforce some toxic stereotypes and behaviors. Both update very rarely though.

Not yet! I'm not ready blush
I lost like the 1st 30% when my old pc died, I don't have anything to share rn until I write it down again.

I actually meant more you simply summarizing your ideas x3 (though I guess that'd technically spoil your stories)
Sorry to hear that ;/ That really sucks.

last edited at Jun 19, 2020 10:49AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Oh that's really neat!

Really neat for my eldest brother since he inherented the company, he did earn it tho the poor fecker is always tired. I'm still kinda broke. No nepotism here.

From stuff I can personally recommend Lindsay Ellis is very good for left leaning analyze of media, but also great analyze of media in general and Pop Culture Detective is very eye opening about how media can reinforce some toxic stereotypes and behaviors. Both update very rarely though.

I'm familiar with them, yeah.

I actually meant more you simply summarizing your ideas x3 (though I guess that'd technically spoil your stories)

Don't want to spoil anything but I can drop some tags, I guess.
longest story: action adventure, magic, supernatural, drama, comedy, SPAAAACCCEEEEE(sometimes), yuri side couple(s), some het, some yuri, some lgbt in general, NOT isekai lol
shortest story: adventure, action, magic, supernatural, an important tag I don't want to spoil*
lighthearted CGDCT: romance, yuri, comedy, adult life, a bit of adventure and mystery
"generic school romance": yuri, comedy, 4 panel maybe?, dumb protag
A bunch of tags overlap because the stories all connect at points even if it doesn't seem that way. LOL almost spoiled a bunch things, I was having too much fun with the tags XD.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

I'm familiar with them, yeah.

That was only stuff I could add that wasn't mentioned already back then.

Don't want to spoil anything but I can drop some tags, I guess.
longest story: action adventure, magic, supernatural, drama, comedy, SPAAAACCCEEEEE(sometimes), yuri side couple(s), some het, some yuri, some lgbt in general, NOT isekai lol
shortest story: adventure, action, magic, supernatural, an important tag I don't want to spoil*
lighthearted CGDCT: romance, yuri, comedy, adult life, a bit of adventure and mystery
"generic school romance": yuri, comedy, 4 panel maybe?, dumb protag

I see, kinda hard to tell much just from tags x3"

This shit is too funny not to share https://youtu.be/CW3W88Kt2kk

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Any comments on the last of us 2? I can't afford it rn.

I see, kinda hard to tell much just from tags x3"

Some tags can be spoilers. That's why I added the bit at the end.

This shit is too funny not to share https://youtu.be/CW3W88Kt2kk

Hah you can see my comment in the vid.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/52642988
Gintama Kagura x Soyo
I think I already shared this one...

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

Some tags can be spoilers. That's why I added the bit at the end.

Yes, but I meant just tags really tells you nothing about characters and story xP

Hah you can see my comment in the vid.

Oh really? Which one? I don't know the name of your YT account.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Any comments on the last of us 2? I can't afford it rn.

If anybody posts spoilers without proper tags I'm gonna punch ban them. People on the internet really seem to hate it but after the first four hours or so I think it's everything I wanted, while simultaneously being nothing like I expected. Long journey ahead tho!

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Haven't watched the last of us nor the last of us 2, but I'm curious as to how long you plan the bans to be.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

There's so many different ways to interpret the idea of watching a video game........

The length of the ban will depend solely on how annoyed the spoiler makes me! That seems very fair and reasonable, right?

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ About the first part: I assumed it was a movie, not a game.

About the second: Yeah, okay...

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I watched some gameplays of the Last of Us 2. Most of the gamers I watched were shocked when the golf scene happened.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thank you for tagging!

About the second: Yeah, okay...

Hey, it's joke...

Givemeanaccount
Screen%20shot%202022-10-24%20at%208.03.03%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2017

The Last of Us 2, uh? That's cute.

But while all of you are distracted by that, I, a true, epic gamer, am preparing for what will be the undoubtedly the real game of the year.

I preorder it, and no I don't regret it.

last edited at Jun 21, 2020 7:46PM

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

I got lucky today and got me a copy of Mia's new duo unit in FEH. She's my second duo unit after Palla: Sisterly Trio. Not sure how to use my neutral IV version of her, but she's probably going to find a use in one of my teams... somehow?

Please update your SSL certificate. The only way I can visit the site is by adjusting my system clock to a previous day.

last edited at Jun 22, 2020 2:07AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Pfff... Imagine prefering gaming over watching history documentaries on YouTube, and then downloading them AND translating them to your native language.

last edited at Jun 22, 2020 6:44AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

So...the site is going stay like this? SSL warning is mildly inconvenient. Had to swap back to Firefox. which I dont mind but had to re log in

Oh really? Which one? I don't know the name of your YT account.

I have 4 accounts, I commented with the Yurika acc. The one I used to share before. The comment also drowned in since I commented late.

If anybody posts spoilers without proper tags I'm gonna punch ban them. People on the internet really seem to hate it but after the first four hours or so I think it's everything I wanted, while simultaneously being nothing like I expected. Long journey ahead tho!

The length of the ban will depend solely on how annoyed the spoiler makes me! That seems very fair and reasonable, right?

Yikes!

I got lucky today and got me a copy of Mia's new duo unit in FEH. She's my second duo unit after Palla: Sisterly Trio. Not sure how to use my neutral IV version of her, but she's probably going to find a use in one of my teams... somehow?

Ok so:
1 I didnt get her.
2 why did they put her with Lucina instead of Ilyana?!
3 got a dumb Xander on the guaranteed 5* lol

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/75796141
ARMS Min min x Ribbon girl

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

I have 4 accounts, I commented with the Yurika acc. The one I used to share before. The comment also drowned in since I commented late.

I actually saw it, but wasn't sure if it was you. It was good x3

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

@Rye Sorry about you not getting Mia. There's a few units that I want mainly Sothis, Rhea (if she existed in FEH), Edelgard's Legendary unit, and a few others that I can never get but want. In gacha games like this it's often a matter of throwing your premium currency in and seeing where the metaphorical dice land... sometimes you get what you want, sometimes not, and sometimes you get something unexpected (be that good or bad).

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

At long last, High-school is finally done....

Fun Fact: I was a freshman when I first made my account on this site!

To reply you must either login or sign up.