Forum › Lappland Pranks Texas discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

It's just a prank bro

joined Apr 19, 2017

[GONE VIOLENT]

joined Jun 23, 2017

Just from a geographical perspective this seems like an odd pairing. Never played the game and probably never will.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Tbf Lappy is actually crazy so sound judgement should never be expected.

joined Apr 16, 2020

Uhh..

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Just from a geographical perspective this seems like an odd pairing. Never played the game and probably never will.

They're just code names, and the characters are from the same city.

Uhh..

Lappland suffers from an illness/infection that will kill eventually her, and it causes various damage to the body over time. So Lappland making a joke about it caused Texas to be upset, because it's a serious matter. A lot of major characters in Arknights have it, and they're still searching for a cure.

last edited at Jun 14, 2020 4:51AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

They're just code names, and the characters are from the same city.

Partially correct, as "Texas" is her family name - it's repeatedly alluded to in her bio. She's hardly the only Operator to use her real name as her codename either, probably helps that like most such she has a technically perfectly legal full-time job.

"Lappland" conversely is clearly a codename; she's a former(?) Mafia-analog assassin from the local Not Italy region ("Siracusa") and folks from there appear to have appropriately themed names like Angelina or the Super Mafia Bros Capone and Gambino in the recent event storyline (who, uh, Lapp is heavily implied to have killed, gratuitously and p much for shits & giggles, in her epilogue cameo appearance...).

Moreover Texas is Columbian by birth (apparently the generic Western Europe/North America equivalent country, as distinct from eg. the British-themed Victoria, Totally Not Imperial Russia Ursus or Not Poland Kazimierz) but is very heavily hinted to have quite the dark past in the Siracusan underworld - the mobster Gambino readily recognised the name and not in a good way - which is where her connection with her near-stalker Lappland apparently stems from. Lapp keeps complaining Texas has "gone soft" as she doesn't murder the shit out of every mofo who crosses her path anymore these days... though she's happy to pick up the slack herself as the two late and unfortunate Mafioso brothers could posthumously attest.

Uhh..

Lappland suffers from an illness/infection that will kill eventually her, and it causes various damage to the body over time. So Lappland making a joke about it caused Texas to be upset, because it's a serious matter. A lot of major characters in Arknights have it, and they're still searching for a cure.

The illness - properly Oripathy (after the magical mineral Originium you catch it from) and colloquially just Infection - or rather the pariah status of most of those afflicted with it is indeed the background driving force of the major conflict in the storyline, with no few hints of even darker undertones that border on lowtier Cosmic Horror...

Good for her Lapp's present employer is at the bleeding edge of medical research on it (she isn't even their worst-Infected patient), and while even they still can't cure it they can largely halt its progress which is sorta important because the disease is invariably fatal untreated.

xxSatsumaChan420xx
Dbd174e7-39d8-417f-8544-a30c85fd6e62
joined Oct 15, 2016

TEXAS :(

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Texasland forever!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Bad Lappy, BAD! rolls newspaper

Imgonline-com-ua-compressed-x85kp90svyulj
joined Jul 21, 2017

We all know that Texas prefer apple pie.

joined Aug 10, 2016

Down Exusiai, go be with Mostima

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

I don't know those characters but i know that "Just a joke" can hurt ppl(in extreme psicologic ways), so everything you say matters because words are powerful. I'm glad that this dounjin showed us this message tbh

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

PRANKING_MY_GF[GONE_WRONG][GONE_SEXUAL][RHODES_ISLAND_CALLED].avi

last edited at Jun 14, 2020 12:28PM

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Considering Lapplands personality and condition, isnt it MORE concerning that she stopped with that kind of joke?

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

Texas has a harem. There's Exusiai, Sora, Lappland, and to some degree Red.

joined Dec 9, 2019

A little context would be great, like maybe lappland got knocked out in a mission and texas had been waiting for her to wake up or something like that

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

FluffyCow and Random already explained above, but Lappland was fine, just sleeping, woke up, and decided to pull a prank. The reason Lappland not recognizing Texas is so shocking is because Lappland has an obsession with Texas. And the reason Texas was so scared is because under normal circumstances, the only way Lappland would forget about Texas would be through something drastic, like her Oripathy getting worse.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Kinda cute in a way.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Well except Applepie is more like a BFF and probably has some kind of weird platonic long-distance thing going with Mostima anyway, she politely but entirely ignores Sora's blatant gay crush, Red gives her (like all Lupos) panic attacks just by being around and she really seems to not want to have anything to do with Lapp if she can help it, since the white wolf is A) homicidally insane B) heavily implied to be something of an uncomfortable specter from an implicitly rather bloody period of her life she'd probably rather forget, given she crossed a nontrivial portion of the known world to get away from it for starters and visibly bristles if someone brings it up (Super Mafia Bro Gambino, again, but then they were already crossing swords anyway)...

TL;DR first is a friend, second she likes well enough as such but has no apparent romantic interest in, third is an Abhorrent Admirer obsessive stalker she'd likely rather not have hanging around at all, fourth is basically a casual stalker (Red's vague-but-unsettling interest being generalised to all Lupo) who scares her shitless... yeah. That's min two counts of Hidden Talent: Trouble With Women of one form or another though which I suppose does narrowly qualify her as a variety of unwilling harem lead. :v

joined Sep 13, 2018

Well except Applepie ... a variety of unwilling harem lead. :v

Tbh Texas seems like someone who's dealing with a lot of shit internally due to whatever the hell made her leave the mafia for Penguin Logistics, and given that I can both imagine her enjoying a slightly romantic relationship with Exusiai, something really casual or w/e. And maybe once she works on opening up and dealing with whatever, I'm sure her and Sora could have some fun together too. Lappland needs the rocks cured in her head/body and context to whatever the fuck their former relationship even was, but I certainly don't mind it currently as like as this whole yandere type deal. Total headcanon here, but personally I'd like to imagine Lappland was paid to be Texas's personal assassin after the former lost her whole family and given an oripathy riddled body that Definitely effected her head, so when Texas left the mafia, the already traumatized and magic-rock diseased Lupo became obsessed with trying to bring back the 'old Texas' for any semblance of her stable-but-awful past returning.

That all said, I wear thick yuri goggles to the point where I even think Waai Fu and Texas have a good rivalmance potential going just from their shit in Code of Brawl, so clearly biased.

Itshappening
joined Feb 13, 2013

Considering Lapplands personality and condition, isnt it MORE concerning that she stopped with that kind of joke?

Was there something new that happened?

joined Jun 15, 2020

I feel my heart cracked. Why are we still here, just to suffer?

All jokes aside. This is probably my favorite ship in the game even tho Lapp probably gonna die a painful death and everything will end horribly if doctor can't find a cure in time.
Plus, Texas with her extreme self-conscious, probably going to ignore Lapp until it's too late.

It's pretty damn depressing but I still love it.

last edited at Jun 15, 2020 4:10PM

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Was there something new that happened?

Just the last panel.

joined Aug 10, 2016

A little context would be great, like maybe lappland got knocked out in a mission and texas had been waiting for her to wake up or something like that

most context you really need is just to know the characters' backgrounds, specifically Lappland. She has a disease that's slowly destroying both her body and her mind, so her just waking up normally like that one day and forgetting everything is a real possibility.

To reply you must either login or sign up.