last edited at Jun 13, 2020 12:14PM

Tumblr_mzaza8zjq71rl3wh7o1_1389554720_cover
joined Jun 8, 2020
Marry

classic yuri is the best!

Untitled-1
joined Jan 6, 2020
Reqsyse

^yeesh, lower your expectations. ive checked, theres a couple nsfw ones and thats it. even considering the ones not scanned, theres not much of these two. weird, since theres clearly no shortage of fanart.

Download%20(1)
joined Apr 6, 2020
Souta

CRACK PAIRING ALERT

Download%20(1)
joined Apr 6, 2020
82170246_p0

I love how Reimu's just like: "get the fuck off me", while Aya's like: "i am not going to let go until i get what i came for"

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017
79962387_p0

this pic always struck more as Yachiyo not being afraid/accepting of Iroha even as she looks terrifying with the demon bird attached to her hair.

Oh is it her doppel? Clearly I've never seen it before. That gives the picture a touching context then. The look on Yachiyo's face and the way she's holding her is gentle despite the unsettling circumstances.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017
Tales

Anybody have any quick thoughts on the game outside of the yuri subtext? Like would its gameplay/story make it a worthwhile investment/use of time.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017
81943524_p0

I don't know why I always do this to myself, but I'll cave and add this to my to watch/read list for the yuri. I don't even know anything else about the story.

StormBreaker1320
joined Mar 1, 2014
81943524_p0

The comedic spin-offs are written by Masaki Tsuzuki, the creator of the entire series. This includes Vivid Life which is where Nanoha and Fate are at their most domestic and actually have a lot of moments.

Long story short, the comedic spin-offs, and NanoFate, are canon.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018
Tales

^
It's one of the best Tales games for sure, my personal favorite alongside Tales of the Abyss. The story itself isn't amazing with a somewhat generic world and pretty undercooked villains, but the heroes and themes more than make up for it. The main character in particular, Yuri (ironic name, I know), is nothing like your average JRPG protagonist in that he's mature, sure of himself and extremely willing to dirty his hands for the greater good. The main theme of the game is about the nature of justice as Yuri clashes with his best friend/rival Flynn due to him tending to act outside the (corrupted) law to make things right while Flynn aims to reform the law by climbing up the ranks from the inside. I find it pretty compelling.

Gameplaywise, it's mostly standard Tales fare with some interesting flourishes to the battle system that let you do insane combos, though it takes a pretty long time to open up like that. If you're not familiar with the series, you explore towns and dungeons, there's a not-to-scale overworld between areas and battles are action-focused in real time. There are many sidequests and the main game itself is pretty long at around 50 hours, so there's quite some value there. The Definitive Edition goes on sale rather often on the various consoles and PC so I think it's especially worthwhile if you can find it for $30 or less.

joined Jun 1, 2016
Tales

The story spams across three arcs giving you at least 60 hours of game time. (maybe more maybe less, depending if you take your time grinding and doing the side quests).

The Main cast is probably the best in the tales series. The MC Yuri(his actual name btw) is probably one of the best protagonists anywhere. Everyone in the party has their own unique personalities that bends well together to make for great storytelling throughout the game along with funny witty banter between them.

There are a lot of side quests with many unique npcs. Their missions are not just some typical 'can you do me a favor and I'll give you a reward'. They have their own sub-plots that continously build up on atop of each other that
you don't even do them for the rewards, you do them just to see what happens next....and also for the rewards

Gameplay wise its not the smoothest tales game. Movement in battle is kinda stiff, the lock on is linear so if the enemy moves slightly to the side you miss (its why I mostly use Rita, the mage of the party, for her AOE), you have to buy items to be able to do certain things within your party (ex: switch characters mid battle). Its not bad, just takes some getting used too.

Overall I'll give this game a 8 and definitely worth a buy if you like jrpg

last edited at Jun 13, 2020 3:37PM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Blind

FWIW the premise and the design of the protagonist made me hesitant at first, but I gave it a try and now I'm totally in love with the game. You can skip it, but you'll be missing out on something great. And pancakes.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
57634889_p0

Honestly, why do people wonder if they're dating? Of course they're not dating.

They're married.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016
81943524_p0

@StormBreaker1320 That's true, but I would also like to mention that even if all that was written by a different official author it would still be canon.

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014
52278056_p8

Fanartists keep drawing new art of LL regularly so it's likely going to be the case for at least a few years. It left enough of a mark in anime fandom, it seems.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013
Blind

I don't hate the protagonist, I said I want a female protagonist because I want doujins and fanarts to pop out like that.... I don't have good reflexes but I saw the play-through in youtube and it was very fun

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014
Esbsgqbuuaie_wd-orig

Most of the ships in Overwatch are pulled from a hat. PharMercy is almost entirely because they make an effective combo with Pharah's jets and Mercy's glide and tether. I'm still waiting for my Orisa X any other character ship

joined Jun 5, 2018
10yen

Well, Mary would just get doubles in a few days anyways, so I guess renko really was the more unfortunate one here

Carmilla%20reading
joined Sep 15, 2015
Ewrlan1umaekobt-orig

I'm accepting fanfiction of Tendou & Kaoruko duo being mischievous together while Kuro is flustered and Futaba know they're plotting together but she can't help it cuz it's Kaoruko.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017
79962387_p0

So it really is her doppel. That's neat.

joined May 4, 2013
Eamdm1mu0aaumav-orig

My sweet gay children.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
63222186_p0

I love these gosh darn dorks so much.

^^I prefer her natural hair color too, but black is still nice.

^^^Kasumi's got some pretty big boobs.

Penncdtepve.jujkz
joined Jul 26, 2019
82170246_p0

That Reimu's face tho

This topic has been locked.