Forum › Rock it, GIRL!! discussion

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Oh man I started reading this when I was a teen. I'm so glad I finally got to read the ending and now I'm crying a bit.

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 12:19AM

joined Aug 10, 2016

man, rereading this again to remember everything mostly just reminded me how depressing it is and how abused the MC gets by literally every character.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

man, rereading this again to remember everything mostly just reminded me how depressing it is and how abused the MC gets by literally every character.

This is one of the main reasons why I'm glad it ended because the Mc really never deserved the abuse she got. It almost seemed gaslighting when Saira would cry but I do feel like there should have been more to their relationship. But I think for a Manga that was made a long time ago it's alright. I do feel like it could be improved upon if they ever made a similar Manga to this one.

joined Aug 10, 2016

Well the ending, while you could tell how it was rushed and large swaths of drama arcs of older women trying to prey on the main two girls got cut, was a nice way to wrap it up after all these years of this just being "that really good looking rock n roll yuri series where MC gets treated like shit by everyone and endured a Berserk tier hiatus".

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Generally confused by a couple things, but an ending is better than no ending at all.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

okay this author definitely isn't good at writing a very straight-forward coherent story but I loved this and a lot of its beats. I just wish it could have had a few more chapters to make it feel less rushed.

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

This work would be perfect with teensy bit of corrections. It was fun, interesting, beautiful, not really hard to follow except for several places, but the timeline was original and cool. And gosh, MC in a suite, so hottttt...
But it’s old. And it lacks couple of things. It feels like the author rushed to finish it. If only they would put a bit more of their soul into this manga.

joined Dec 30, 2018

Hello?!?!? It's back baby!!!

Ao3
joined Apr 23, 2019

Kinda hard to follow with all the jumps and quick ass development of relationships

joined Oct 5, 2016

This would've been a lot better if the author had cut out about like half a dozen plot threads.

Like there's good ideas in here but it's all so messy and cluttered and nothing gets developed, it never gets any time to just do like basic character and relationship building.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

after the time skip that felt like....it was just a bunch of "next chapter" previews D: which sucks cause the story outline was interesting.

3922b6fc-91bc-46dc-8bbb-25b4c3b6bbb2-min%202
joined Jun 30, 2017

I literally remember reading this like 7 years ago kinda crazy how I’ve basically gone through my entire teen years in the time it took to finish this :,)

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Overall I liked it, but it did feel as though there was a bit too much crammed in too few pages.

and the person the singer went to see on their own, with the whole twister thing

I was very confused about this as well. I think that was the same person as the president...? Which kinda makes me wonder what or if anything happened with the president in the first place...? (other than twister, that is lol.) I don't know, it was confusing.

Anyway, it was interesting and I really liked the character designs, they were distinctive and cool (and cute, the protagonist at least).

But I was left with a few questions unanswered. Like, has Seira been wearing mascara/eyeliner ever since she was ten ? Or am I supposed to think she isn't wearing any now? This was obviously one of the most prominent issues of this manga, almost ruined the experience for me tbh... Like, I can understand having a bit of a rushed ending and mysterious twister activities and subplots that barely got any time to be explored, but you can't be all wishy-washy about eyeliner.

titiwithmilk
4888529%20_49b062906260ad84b9c4ba29a3fc40d1
joined Jul 25, 2014

rereading this after years~

dammit this manga is so underrated ( ´・ω・)

joined Apr 6, 2021

This was a mostly enjoyable experience to read, and it had some great moments, but there are some very big unfortunate problems that this series had. The time skip came out of nowhere, and after that the story became very difficult to follow and a lot of plot points were introduced that went nowhere. Not to mention how rushed the ending felt. The time skip in general really annoyed me cause it literally happens halfway through the series and we miss pretty much everything important and just jump to “she’s leaving the band”. Then they go back in time to explain some of that, but it feels super disjointed. The story really needed about 5 more chapter to flesh out the characters a bit more, and have a bit more of a payoff for all the plot points introduced. Seira’s backstory especially needed more time, because while it did a great job deepening her character, as well as giving her some well deserved sympathy, it could have used a bit more resolution in the end. But I’m still glad I read it, and it’s definitely not a bad investment of your time lol

last edited at May 29, 2021 1:02AM

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

there are a lot of questions unanswered but it brought me tears. i loved it.

last edited at Jul 31, 2021 12:25AM

D5164b27-cfaa-445d-9e4d-39ed256e1b0a
joined Mar 4, 2021

Just want to point out that there are several pages skipped in this translation (according to the raw), those are 6 pages at the end of ch6 + post script, and 7 pages at the start of ch9, if anyone would like to know. Anw thanks a lot to 0mniessence for picking this up! This was one of the uncompleted manga that I had always kept at the back of my mind, because the early parts delighted me so much.

Tumblr_338965de880627681ecd916bc458a939_84d98ad7_500%20(1)-min
joined Feb 4, 2022

Ahhh, definitely wished this was more fleshed out, but I still enjoyed it even with all its weirdness!

Kaname was still being herself after the 3-year timeskip but now looks cooler. It was also cool to learn about Seira and her background in finding Kaname out on a whim at night during Kaname's street performances.

I loved Kaname and Seira's interactions the most bc they are adorable ;___; and Seira saying that she only wants to sing Kaname's songs that she writes for her despite Kaname feeling like she is limiting/narrowing Seira's voice in the songs she writes. Ahhh Seira definitely fell first and the hardest towards Kaname ^-^

Also! The last chapter being named "Whole Lotta Love" in regards to their first song they both (Kaname and Seira) agree on playing/knowing is "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zepplin was a nice touch~

last edited at Aug 10, 2022 3:27PM

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Just want to point out that there are several pages skipped in this translation (according to the raw), those are 6 pages at the end of ch6 + post script, and 7 pages at the start of ch9, if anyone would like to know. Anw thanks a lot to 0mniessence for picking this up! This was one of the uncompleted manga that I had always kept at the back of my mind, because the early parts delighted me so much.

Ahhhhhh!!! No kidding. Sans the postscript, they're on MD's versions. I'll update them here in the morning. I think the YH version of chapter 6 may just have less pages, unfortunately.

Edit: Chapter 9 is updated

last edited at Dec 19, 2022 10:45PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.