Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

joined Jul 22, 2016

I realized just now how much I enjoy the designs of all the characters.

Lil-Dumpster-Rat
2020-10-01%20(2)
joined Jul 27, 2019

Damn, they're hot

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

TheYuriTomboy posted:

So, Utena is a switch.

Switch would imply that she enjoys being submissive in BDSM play, which has never been implied.

Right she doesn't seem to enjoy it at all... *rolls eyes*

She obviously enjoy being helpless. She's the sub there.

Doesn't Alice's power have a very strong mental effect that forces targets into the appropriate roles? At least, that seemed to be the case for 2/3rds of Tres.

Looking at the new forces of evil. I think their rank and more likely power is linked to the number of black stars in their body. Both Utena and the veteran leader have the same number of stars.
I am not sure how many stars Kiwi has but Korisu has three.

Update: I was looking at the earlier chapters where Kiwi was introduced, and she does not have any stars in the front of her body nor her back. Maybe these stars are on her shoulders or in the lower parts of her legs.

Depending on how you count them, Utena may have more, with one on each of her eyes, cheeks, and horns giving her a total of Six to the new girl's 4 on her forehead.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Lots of dead magical girls! Ever since madoka it's never been the same, the job's a lot more dangerous than it used to be,

Since Madoka? Sailor Nothing came long before that...

Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

Lots of dead magical girls! Ever since madoka it's never been the same, the job's a lot more dangerous than it used to be,

So like i dont wanna be that person but i gotta remind everyone that the sailor scouts were dying left and right during Sailor Moon and the point of their bodies being simulacra was taken straight from that show too.

Madoka wasn't as strong a shift in setting as it was in framing.

Act
joined Jun 9, 2018

Is one of the girls called Loco or does she have a latino accent?

Doyoulikemykar2
joined Nov 15, 2019

i believe one of them is Magia Loco, it wouldnt be too far from the naming convention

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Niiiice.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

So like i dont wanna be that person but i gotta remind everyone that the sailor scouts were dying left and right during Sailor Moon and the point of their bodies being simulacra was taken straight from that show too.

Madoka wasn't as strong a shift in setting as it was in framing.

I also seem to recall them usually getting better soon after (because Moon is hax and so is Saturn). At that point, I'd argue that death means something [i]very[/i] different. It's a bit like how Deadpool getting his arm chopped off would be taken very differently from the same happening to Captain America or even Doctor Strange (assuming the later couldn't just wiggle his remaining figures and get a new one).

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Man Sailor Scouts' first deaths hit me pretty hard when I first saw it. And then... it became a seasonal thing where dying becomes the norm. Sigh. Queen Beryl was truly a nasty piece of work though I gotta say. Very intimidating as a villain.

So Nero Alice's power is an interesting one. She can play support in either buff and debuff, although I have to question if her magical playtime did cure the cold. If it does, wtf hax. Secondly, how much of sexy nurse time was in Baiser's head or was that a conscious construction on Alice's part? From Alice's POV, does it look like Baiser is in the toy playing an innocent sick patient by herself or full on adult play time also featuring a miniature sexy nurse adult Alice? Is it all purely mental suggestion or...?

Genuine question. How old are these new magical women? They clearly are on a different level than Baiser's happy BDSM fun time troupe as in they actually did hunt down magical girls. The first part of the story does have the ye olde magical girl tradition of simply good vs evil, everybody gets to go home in more or less one piece after a daily/weekly smackdown. Now we have actual possibly very dead people, what do the magical ladies and mascots gain from this exactly?

4a8ddad2-e863-4cd8-bf4c-320b6caa080d
joined Sep 19, 2018

TheYuriTomboy posted:

So, Utena is a switch.

Switch would imply that she enjoys being submissive in BDSM play, which has never been implied.

Right she doesn't seem to enjoy it at all... *rolls eyes*

She obviously enjoy being helpless. She's the sub there.

I specified BDSM play for a reason. She is a dom and a sadist, that doesn’t mean she can’t be verse. Switch is a BDSM term. A top isn’t necessarily a dom and someone who is verse might not be a switch.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

So... is Azul training because what Baiser said snapped her out of it and she genuinely wants to be a better magical girl who won't lose this time, or is she training because she wants to be better to get her new mistress' approval?

joined Mar 25, 2019

wow, it gonna be a long journey...

joined Jul 26, 2016

So... is Azul training because what Baiser said snapped her out of it and she genuinely wants to be a better magical girl who won't lose this time, or is she training because she wants to be better to get her new mistress' approval?

Well Baiser did make it pretty clear she has no time for people who don't put up a credible fight. We'll see if the first is Azul's genuine motivation, or just what she keeps telling herself out of refusal to admit the latter. Odds are she'll end up in bondage either way. :v

minagi mikoto
joined Nov 14, 2014

OK, so I kept seeing this series in the new uploads and I didn't really paid any attention to it, until suddenly and quite randomly I read the first chapter and couldn't put it down until I finished all the eleven chapters so far!

I REALLY want an anime of this (even though it'd be quite embarrassing to watch even on my own xD). There is something about this series that appeals to me so much, that I can't quite put my finger on it. It's not any of the used fetishes as I've read manga with those already and not all of them were to my tastes like this one. Just the way the characters and the plot is handled, especially Utena/Baiser herself is quite interesting to me.

I can't wait for MOAR!

Popte_pop_54
joined Jun 25, 2019

Oh look, 4 more future playthings for Utena

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Polioro posted:

Ohhh, thank you so much then ^^
The chapters already translated here
The chapter who aren't translated yet here
My pulse and mobile camera are shiet. Sorry TT

Oh don't worry. I suck at taking sharp photos too. Either my hand shakes too much or when I tap the button, that's when phone moves. I have no clue how people do it.

I posted it in Tsuki to Suppin thread since I figured it's more appropriate there.

Also sorry it took me so long to do it. I was pretty much dead for past 3 months.

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

"Her breast are strangling me to death!"

Well that's one way to go, I guess

last edited at Apr 24, 2020 5:10PM

joined May 1, 2015

It seems that my previous hunch was right. The more stars you have the stronger you are. That is why Utena and the other leader have more stars than their respective crew. Since Kiwi has no stars, I wonder if she can develop some by training and getting stronger. Could the stars be indicative of future potential. Man this series is so good.
Utena is the best.

joined Aug 10, 2016

So wait, is Utena going to actually kill people now? Or will it be one of those things where it looks like she will, the rest of her friends/the magical girls hold her back, and then the mascot character kills them after Utena lets them go.

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

So wait, is Utena going to actually kill people now? Or will it be one of those things where it looks like she will, the rest of her friends/the magical girls hold her back, and then the mascot character kills them after Utena lets them go.

She might break them and start a harem.

joined Aug 10, 2016

She might break them and start a harem.

that's what it probably will be, but it seems Utena just wants to kill them in that last page so better to be cautious

last edited at Apr 24, 2020 5:28PM

joined Jun 5, 2018

Considering the genre of the manga, shes probably gonna make them go through some kind of bdsm play and then have them succumb to it. Nothing involving killing or stuff.

joined Aug 10, 2016

Considering the genre of the manga, shes probably gonna make them go through some kind of bdsm play and then have them succumb to it. Nothing involving killing or stuff.

we all thought that until last chapter's pile of dead magical girls, so nothing is 100% certain

Jarnan
joined Sep 18, 2017

ah prequel quotes

To reply you must either login or sign up.