Forum › Dear my... discussion

473a2eb411ff7fe55f43b145b0e4fdc1
joined Oct 15, 2018

It's been so long since the last Honoka x Umi only doujin.
I can't believe this ship is so rare when it's so cute and the main ship for Honoka, the protagonist.

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

It's drawn fine, plot is cliche though.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Finally a Honoka x Umi, bloody rare these days aye!

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

There hasn't been a love live doujin in a while...

joined Feb 23, 2016

Damn this is wholesome

Zigv3uyqlg0hih2ixcp8saivs99g-ehejzp51vcc89w
joined Feb 8, 2018

I can't believe this ship is so rare when it's so cute and the main ship for Honoka, the protagonist.

Same goes for me, for example I don't really get popularity of KotoUmi. Their relationship in the anime didn't seem like this at all (at least to me).
Honkers x any of them on the other hand... :D

Profile%20pic
joined Jan 6, 2015

a HonoUmi doujin on Umi's birthday, what more could i ask for? :')

though simplistic, this is a good take on their relationship. may umi never stop being an anxious, overthinking mess u_u

!? !? !? !?
!? !? !? !?
!? !? !? !?

joined Jan 5, 2018

This was cute

Image_push%20(3)
joined Nov 2, 2019

So this time the roles have reversed. And unlike Umi, Honoka had the courage to do it.

I love these two and really regret that we have so few doujins with them.

Same goes for me, for example I don't really get popularity of KotoUmi. Their relationship in the anime didn't seem like this at all (at least to me).

I feel the same way. For Kotori Honker is most close person, so why KotoUmi?

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

So nice.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

The various media have different continuities, but the anime does pretty strongly hint that Umi has a thing for Kotori(who in turn is hinted at having a thing for Honoka, who in turn is explicitly established as having a thing for bread). Given that Honks is easily the least likely to enter a relationship(she's dense enough that she'd misunderstand anything short of being Frenched - and even then she might not get it), pairing them together makes sense.

Shows you're part of the mafia.

Aren't they?

Image_push%20(3)
joined Nov 2, 2019

The various media have different continuities, but the anime does pretty strongly hint that Umi has a thing for Kotori(who in turn is hinted at having a thing for Honoka, who in turn is explicitly established as having a thing for bread). Given that Honks is easily the least likely to enter a relationship(she's dense enough that she'd misunderstand anything short of being Frenched - and even then she might not get it), pairing them together makes sense.

This is as ridiculous as NikoMaki in anime.

last edited at Mar 16, 2020 12:44AM

B6c1f04788d8af2d84ea30189c7c22cee271b73a1364905957
joined Nov 10, 2017

It's not ridiculous. Even I'm aware how close NicoMaki was in the anime hence those two being one of the most if not most popular ship and they were teased together very often.

Image_push%20(3)
joined Nov 2, 2019

It's not ridiculous. Even I'm aware how close NicoMaki was in the anime

In manga they are.

hence those two being one of the most if not most popular ship

It's other think. EriUmi is very popular too, despite of it's a crack.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Particular reason to that ? I don't know much of LL universe.

Image_push%20(3)
joined Nov 2, 2019

Particular reason to that ? I don't know much of LL universe.

Particular? No, I don't see any. But in this fandom talking to each other is enought reason to ship (well, not only this one), and even talk about canons, so...

473a2eb411ff7fe55f43b145b0e4fdc1
joined Oct 15, 2018

It's not ridiculous. Even I'm aware how close NicoMaki was in the anime

In manga they are.

hence those two being one of the most if not most popular ship

And anime too for NicoMaki. You might not see it but it's pretty blatant for most others.
From the top of my head S1 for many people they were shipped because people enjoyed their interactions with one another and S2 pushed them very much more.
But keep in mind they were already popular together before the anime.

last edited at Mar 16, 2020 6:48PM

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

then explain this

Image_push%20(3)
joined Nov 2, 2019

And anime too for NicoMaki. You might not see it but it's pretty blatant for most others.
From the top of my head S1 for many people they were shipped because people enjoyed their >interactions with one another and S2 pushed them very much more.

In the final of the first season, when Honoka give up with idols, Maki did the same. She didn't support Nico with her new band. She just returned to the piano. So yeah, I not see it.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I mean, no ship is canon so they ain't gonna push any one of them in the anime very clearly.

B6c1f04788d8af2d84ea30189c7c22cee271b73a1364905957
joined Nov 10, 2017

From the top of my head S1 for many people they were shipped because people enjoyed their >interactions with one another and S2 pushed them very much more.

In the final of the first season, when Honoka give up with idols, Maki did the same. She didn't support Nico with her new band. She just returned to the piano. So yeah, I not see it.

NicoMaki is clearly seen in the anime. I'm not going say it's canon as opposed to being pushed.
The girls had their reasons to leave but once you go into Season 2 does NicoMaki get pandered plenty.
Not that it didn't stop newcomers to the series to ship them in the first season and it was teased with Kotori serving them a single drink for two for Nico and Maki.

last edited at Mar 17, 2020 4:04PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Are we back to all this again.

NicoMaki is off topic so take it to that tag if you wanna go on about them. I'd rather not have to start deleting things to clean up the discussion, so off you go now.

Uminekononakukoroni05-00%20-%20copy
joined Mar 25, 2019

this is so good and overwhelming, nice job

To reply you must either login or sign up.