Forum › The End Of The World And A Witch's Love discussion

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Oh no. They've ended up in hell. Japanese highschool.

joined Mar 24, 2011

pg15: should be "zubinden"

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Is there a name for stories where every person who isn't the main character is a complete sociopath/bully/jerk?

There's two words: lazy writing.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Noice

F0c1c7ea6c0d24b021d03256f2c658f6
joined Oct 9, 2019

This is getting interesting

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

"Hey, you can revive little animals? So you are basically a white mage? Burn the witch!"

Who would react that way. e-e

joined Oct 10, 2016

This manga confuses me. I have no idea what to expect.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Starting to feel like witches deserve every bad thing that happens to them.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Starting to feel like witches deserve every bad thing that happens to them.

Seems like everyone in this world except Mari deserves bad things happening to them. Even Alice's initially motives were based in exploiting Mari for her own benefit.

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

The bird just fucking flying into the window and dying again had me on the floor laughing. almost could finish the chapter

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

Please stop referring to this as "lazy writing". Just call it what it is: "Bad Writing", thank you :)

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Yeah, someone who could revive the dead with a touch would either be declared a messiah or burned as a deceiver not just written off as “gross”

last edited at Feb 12, 2020 11:51AM

Somehow I get the feeling that Alice & Mari are going to change everything in their world for the better.

(but that's just my opinion)

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Please stop referring to this as "lazy writing". Just call it what it is: "Bad Writing", thank you :)

I initially did but I changed it to lazy because it's more specific as to the nature of the badness.

joined Jul 14, 2018

Hey mom, I’m home!

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Mari revives animals
Everyone: "Ew gross"

Mari uses magic inadvertently and has no clue what's going on
Mari's mother: "yOu rUiNed mY liFe!"

I swear to god, there is no sign of intelligence anywhere.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, either they will prevent the End Of The World in the title, or bring it forth.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

MagiMaki posted:

"Hey, you can revive little animals? So you are basically a white mage? Burn the witch!"

A lot of people sadly. People are dumb and superstitious even in the modern day.

My%20melody%20heart
joined Jul 5, 2018

Okay this has my full attention, little witch academy who?

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

MagiMaki posted:

A lot of people sadly. People are dumb and superstitious even in the modern day.

Maybe, but superstitious hostility is generally rooted in religious doctrine and Japan's dominant religious traditions are practised rather loosely by most people and don't really stigmatize magic as a concept anyway. Most teenagers who aren't hyper religious would find actual magic pretty cool I suspect and if anything jealousy would be the source of conflict. Teenaged me would have thought Mari was the single coolest person to ever live.

Captura
joined Feb 7, 2018

Oh, she can revive animals... gross?.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

majere posted:

Maybe, but superstitious hostility is generally rooted in religious doctrine and Japan's dominant religious traditions are practised rather loosely by most people and don't really stigmatize magic as a concept anyway. Most teenagers who aren't hyper religious would find actual magic pretty cool I suspect and if anything jealousy would be the source of conflict. Teenaged me would have thought Mari was the single coolest person to ever live.

Considering how heavily Japanese culture desires conformity above everything else, I rather doubt it. People get bullied over the stupidest shit just because they're a tiny bit different than everyone else.

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

Kinda reminding me of The Witch's Hammer, plus Little Witch Academa. Liking it so far, terrible people & all.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Of course the Three Stooges are more afraid of their angry teacher than the sexy literal demon they summoned.
So the dark scary place is... Japan?

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Oh, she can revive animals... gross?.

Wait til' they find out she may be a yuri. That'll really set them off

last edited at Feb 18, 2020 2:55AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.