Forum › Your True Color discussion

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

._. I liked it at the start, but was disinterested at the end.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Hm, this is kinda interesting, it feels like they went a bit too half-hearted on making Sumika a shitty person, she's just a little spoiled, and she already actually wants to be better. It's a sorta premise I'd expect in an Adult Life manga and to have an actress who's actually a repugnant and terrible person, not someone who's just a bit spoiled and clueless, but actually trying to do well. I don't think it's bad, I just think it's interesting how it didn't match to my expectations.

Yeah, at the very least let her smoke or something, right? Maybe have a meth lab?

I have a feeling that the majority of this work isn't really going to be about Sumika's flaws. Addressing all of Ito's baggage about loving an ideal instead of a person is probably the big obstacle here.

IDK, I wasn't saying it was bad, it's just that once I realized the premise, I expected way worse, and I thought the way those expectations were immediately not filled was kinda weird.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I like how people’s reactions to a first chapter become a kind of fortune-telling/divination-by-chosen-detail—one glimpse of a partial set-up and a vision of the entire future story unfolds before the reader’s eyes.

I hate the part in this one where the protagonist’s ribbon will get caught in a piece of machinery and she goes into a coma, and the idol waits patiently by her bed for months, but when she wakes up: amnesia.

Fb_img_1519001452689
joined Feb 14, 2018

oooh training in etiquette nice

17862791_1495602197151021_8222829330647011179_n[1]
joined Jun 22, 2013

I hate the part in this one where the protagonist’s ribbon will get caught in a piece of machinery and she goes into a coma, and the idol waits patiently by her bed for months, but when she wakes up: amnesia.

That's how mafia melodrama works

In all seriousness, if that spoiler is true I'll be dropping this. I don't want trashy soap-opera writing with my yuri

last edited at Jan 12, 2020 2:11AM

Jarnan
joined Sep 18, 2017

I read the title and think of Cyndi Lauper, and I'm pretty sure it's plenty ironic. Which gives me mild amusement.

Images
joined Sep 30, 2018

I don't know why the MC doesn't seem to think that her idol have flaws too. I like this manga, tho it has a different angle(which is the yuri ofc) because of how it tackles idol-to-fan relationships. It is so important for fans to understand that their idols aren't the totality of the person they seem to be and they have their imperfections too. A lot of fans end up hurting and hating their idols when they find unpleasant things about them. In the modern day, a lot of idols have been driven to emotional instability because of the discrimination they receive from people and fans.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Too early for me to form any real opinion over this, other than it gives me Skip Beat vibes for reasons.
I'm confused by this page where Ito was called a giant by kids but looks to be about the same size/height as every other female we see. Unless she was fat when she was younger, but giant is a weird word for kids to use in that case. I'm probably overthinking it and she was fat.

Have you been forced to watch General Hospital once a week lately, too?

Imgonline-com-ua-resize-vwt1kupzlnws
joined Jul 8, 2018

The hell is this? So overdramatic lmao. I'm completely underwhelmed, and I actually liked this artist's other stuff.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I thought this was going to be something about masochists for some reason.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I like how people’s reactions to a first chapter become a kind of fortune-telling/divination-by-chosen-detail—one glimpse of a partial set-up and a vision of the entire future story unfolds before the reader’s eyes.

Your'e forgetting the incurable disease the protag now suffers from that doesn't seem to do anything specific except to make them incredible lethargic at times and pass out. Oh, and it will randomly kill them eventually, maybe.

Anyway I think this is a pretty interesting dynamic already developing

Ayuyu
joined Dec 20, 2016

Have read until the chapter 7, there should be aaangst and drama tags.

If you like the psychological drama in Still Sick, I think you'll like this one too.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Sumika's flaws really aren't jarring enough to justify the MC's level of disillusionment with her. The idea that she's a terrible person because she's somewhat thoughtless and self-absorbed is a pretty big reach.

Chloeprice%20(2)
joined Jun 8, 2015

waaaah can't wait for next chapter

Hana
joined Jun 20, 2014

this will probably go with MC realizing she cannot make her idol become her 'ideal' and breakdown or the idol gets fed up with the MC's BS and then distancing themselves...but somehow they will end up together in the end after realizing they miss each other's company and accept each other.

last edited at Jan 12, 2020 6:49AM

Diredead
joined Jul 1, 2019

art is good but i'll just wait for the next chapter if it's going to be worth reading since not every 1st chapters of a manga can be executed well

last edited at Jan 12, 2020 7:08AM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Well wtf ... gonna continue this but i hope she’s gonna accept her for not being the sumika she thinks she is though... gotta respect her personality

Smk_compress
joined Jan 16, 2017

This'll be... interesting. Rather strange circumstances, and can't really get a feel for how the characters are but.. eh. I like Fuyume Saya's work, so here's hoping its good

joined Aug 16, 2018

Well, The start is good and a bit common tbh but this really caught my interest because I love this kind of manga story

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Can't fully judge it yet, but looking forward to more!

last edited at Jan 12, 2020 10:35AM

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Ngl, after her ribbon was torn and Sumika pulled on her sleeve next I was expecting it to tear too and the scene to devolve into a catfight

This is some questionably dramatic shit, she's gonna tell her idol how to be her idol, this is a new one for me

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I'm guessing the one showing her true colors is actially the MC.
Anyway, with a title like that, I'm already having issues viewing it on a positive light, as I can't help but compare it to The Real Her.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I thought this was going to be something about masochists for some reason.

You're thinking of "The Real Her"

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm guessing the one showing her true colors is actially the MC.
Anyway, with a title like that, I'm already having issues viewing it on a positive light, as I can't help but compare it to The Real Her.

Is the original title single or plural, though?

Singular might suggest someone finding out who they themselves really are (many a would-be Goth has discovered that they don’t actually look so great in black).

The “showing your true colors” idiom is an allusion to pirates or privateers sailing under a false flag, only to break out their actual flag once they begin the attack on the unsuspecting victim.

Unnamed%20(1)
joined May 12, 2015

Hmmm.... I'm not liking the MC yet but we'll see how the story goes.

To reply you must either login or sign up.