Forum › Sakana no Miru Yume discussion

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

Seeing as this was in the Tsubomi magazine, this manga probably isn't finished...right? (Please, let me be wrong.)

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

if it does have an ending, i imagine it will be super rushed.

joined Mar 30, 2014

well
that was a surprise ??? i dont know what to think about it,but it's getting more and more interesting !

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Been trying to get into this story... but everything feels so disjointed, feels like a bunch of incomplete one-shots sloppily stapled together...

joined Mar 23, 2013

I suppose that's where the issue comes up then because I saw what you were trying to say after the fact, but you gotta use different language that doesn't make the comment seem serious. For that matter, just don't make the joke anyway. It seemed you were giving a harsh and illogical beat-down of incestuous relationships everywhere and that struck a nerve in me that coaxed me to respond as aggressively as I did.

I don't agree with your sentiment here, censorship is always a bad thing.
Also, he did not cause you to write as aggressively as you did, you did. We are all responsible for our actions, something that is lost in the 21st century I guess, personal responsibility is on the decline.

A quote on the matter - “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

If a person gives another person the finger, he is not responsible for the other's action. Some might ignore him, some might get ticked off, some might confront him verbally, some might even pull out a gun and shoot him in the face. In all cases, he is not responsible for the other's response.

Then I am all on your side for that. But again please be aware that everything I said was a comment at your words, which I also mentioned were simply poorly worded, so nothing I said was against you at all.

The point of communication is not so you can be understood, but so you CAN'T be MISunderstood.

This is true. On the other hand not everyone is willing to change their method of communication to accommodate everyone and everything. This is just reality.

last edited at Sep 10, 2014 3:22PM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

looks like its aiming to avoid the sister end :( guess its time to re-watch candy boy.

at least this is better than Happy End.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I personally enjoy the route it is taking...nothing against incest, but it just really didn't seem like it was a healthy relationship. I need to reread the series though. Pacing feels really weird, but maybe it will make more sense reading it in one go.....

Scan0008
joined Apr 24, 2013

i don't understand what's that little sister thinking anymore, she just admit she loves her onee-chan then she say she's glad that she give her first kiss to her friend.
really, which one does she like? / OAO \

Ghostface-scream-decal__33749.1511159183
joined Feb 1, 2013

I'm still full on with Tomoe x Kujou, even if it might not happen, I fancy the pairing :3

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I suppose that's where the issue comes up then because I saw what you were trying to say after the fact, but you gotta use different language that doesn't make the comment seem serious. For that matter, just don't make the joke anyway. It seemed you were giving a harsh and illogical beat-down of incestuous relationships everywhere and that struck a nerve in me that coaxed me to respond as aggressively as I did.

I don't agree with your sentiment here, censorship is always a bad thing.
Also, he did not cause you to write as aggressively as you did, you did. We are all responsible for our actions, something that is lost in the 21st century I guess, personal responsibility is on the decline.

Again, I repeat myself. Careful on word choice. I am not asking for censorship. A world of communication like 1984 is not my end goal in the slightest. However, what's the difference between "That music was downright atrocious" and "I'm not a fan of music played that way"? Both are valid opinions but mean very different things. I'm not asking for cleanly drawn words of perfection, I just gave a gentle but clear reminder to just make sure what you say is what you mean.

And also be careful. I never said that THEY provoked my aggressive attack on society. If anything blame society's close-minded prejudgements for that. Their words just struck a nerve and had nothing to do with them as a person.

Bleh. Communication debates. I don't want this on a forum post on DR.

On a more relevant note I'm a little letdown by this chapter. A bit of OOC vibe I got. Not actually sure why to be honest. I think it has to do with the glaring fact that after all the development between the sisters there still is better chemistry between their partners in this chapter than each other. Hmm.

joined Apr 26, 2014

Can't imagine how it turn out, it's going even more interisting.
Good work for all who provide this, please keep it on XD

joined Jan 8, 2014

I think im super excited to see this become a series of discovering a healthy relationship instead of this so far disturbing incest...

Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

let me confirm this, Takayanagi cried and refused to continue further because she knew Mikage only use her as a replacement of her sis, right? The last chapter is pretty confusing..

joined Aug 1, 2013

let me confirm this, Takayanagi cried and refused to continue further because she knew Mikage only use her as a replacement of her sis, right? The last chapter is pretty confusing..

You got the jist of it. Except Mikage wasn't using her as a replacement. She was only going along with it because she wanted to make Takayanagi happy. Takayanagi refused to continue because Mikage didn't feel the same way and was doing it for the wrong reason. Thus, she gets upset and Mikage feels bad because she was only trying to make her feel good, but realized it was just hurting her, blah, blah, blah.

I'm really not rooting for the incest route for this one. It just doesn't feel right.

Unfortunately I already know how this ends

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

well, Mikage-chan definitely has issues. I half feel like she doesn't value herself (re: comment about father using her as a replacement for the mother and how she is willing to let Takayanagi "use" her).

that said, at least this 3-way love interest doesn't reek of "Happy End," and it will be good for both sisters because it forces each to sort out their "real" feelings for one another.

for example, I'm not so sure Mikage loves her sister in a romantic way. maybe she does, maybe she doesn't. I think that because of their family dynamics, her view of what is/is not love is warped. however, this is my opinion and I am always of the mind "wait and see." now, it was interesting what Mikage said after Takayanagi cried. was that a "real" feeling/sentiment, or was it a "I need to make others happy" feeling/sentiment? again, we will need to wait and see how Mikage handles this situation.

with respect to Tomoe, she is in the same situation as her sister, and pretty much expresses the fact that she doesn't know what love is. when Kujou-san subtly confesses to her, I think this 'shock' will be good for her. will the confession be a like or a dislike?

so as another poster said, things are certainly getting more interesting.

last edited at Sep 11, 2014 7:55AM

joined Mar 30, 2012

Things are getting clearer.... errrr ... or maybe not? It's still good so far though despite being a bit confusing.

Art11a
joined Feb 3, 2013

but still, takayanagi is a good change for mikage. at least mikage started to realize that it's important to think about others. she might gonna consider giving some space to tomoe instead of always pushing her sister to the edge.

i usually just fine with incest yuri but in this manga, i think mikage is more of possesive rather than in love with tomoe because she has always depended on her since she was small. kinda like imprinting.

i'm more rooting her relationship with takayanagi and tomoe with her friend kujou. she seemed strating to fall in love with her in here http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sakana_no_miru_yume_ch08#15

well, despite that, i think i'm okay too if in the end, tomoe still ends up with mikage. just hoping that mikage won't maintain her possesive and yandere attitude to tomoe

Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

You got the jist of it. Except Mikage wasn't using her as a replacement. She was only going along with it because she wanted to make Takayanagi happy. Takayanagi refused to continue because Mikage didn't feel the same way and was doing it for the wrong reason. Thus, she gets upset and Mikage feels bad because she was only trying to make her feel good, but realized it was just hurting her, blah, blah, blah.

I'm really not rooting for the incest route for this one. It just doesn't feel right.

Ooh.. I see.. Then the thing she just realized is that her sis don't want to do the same as what she just did?

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

if it does have an ending, i imagine it will be super rushed.

My thoughts exactly....I feel like we aren't even close to reaching any solution to their incest love.
I hope it's good at least sigh

joined Sep 11, 2014

I hope the ending isn't anywhere near Happy End's ending, because that would be disappointing.

joined Sep 4, 2014

However, what's the difference between "That music was downright atrocious" and "I'm not a fan of music played that way"? Both are valid opinions but mean very different things. I'm not asking for cleanly drawn words of perfection, I just gave a gentle but clear reminder to just make sure what you say is what you mean.

If the 'content' of the comment affects you on a personal level then you will always find 'fault' in it despite it being a joke or not. It will still 'strike a nerve' and 'make you' respond aggressively regardless of how it is worded.

And also be careful. I never said that THEY provoked my aggressive attack on society. If anything blame society's close-minded prejudgements for that. Their words just struck a nerve and had nothing to do with them as a person.

In response to ^ this, could you actually blame society for being 'fearful' and 'repulsed' by the mere thought of incest*? With countless cases of incest popping up in the media and other credible sources, incest is now synonymous to abuse, rape, paedophilia and dysfunctional family unit. Rarely does incest occur under 'normal' circumstances and if it does occur, there is almost always a stumuli involving at least one of the above factors. So I don't understand why you are bothered by 'society's' view on incest when in actuality they are simply looking out for each other. It's human instinct to support and help the vulnerable, neglected and abused. Then again not ALL incest relationships need that kind of intervention but I'm speaking for the majority here. And I'm afraid not enough information is provided about the subject as it is considered taboo and therefore 'unhealthy' incestuous relationships are allowed to continue and destroy innocent lives.

(*The incest I am referring to are between immediate family members, incest between first/second cousins are excluded due to them occurring fairly commonly in some cultures and are socially accepted).

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

However, what's the difference between "That music was downright atrocious" and "I'm not a fan of music played that way"? Both are valid opinions but mean very different things. I'm not asking for cleanly drawn words of perfection, I just gave a gentle but clear reminder to just make sure what you say is what you mean.

If the 'content' of the comment affects you on a personal level then you will always find 'fault' in it despite it being a joke or not. It will still 'strike a nerve' and 'make you' respond aggressively regardless of how it is worded.

I'm sorry, I just can't let this one go. You completely begged the question with this one, and then also proceeded to provide false information. The way things are worded always has, and always will completely change the look of a claim. There is way more to any given sentence than just the "content" of it. Everyone reacts and responds to its many parts, many just don't know how to define them and feign ignorance of their existence.

I won't leave a paragraph but stop trying to defend what you did. You screwed up by writing something you didn't mean. Okay. Happens. I do it a lot too. Accept it in a mature way and learn from it. It wasn't a big deal until I raised the third eye within you and you started trying to act like you weren't at fault and made me out to be some sort of bad guy even though you were simply a medium who I never addressed directly.

I made a criticism on society's approach towards incest. Don't take it personally. If in fact your joke came across as humorous satire then I would be completely on your side and we wouldn't be having this conversation. This discussion is over...there's nowhere productive for it to go.

And to follow up, no, I don't in anyway blame society for being fearful. I do however strongly criticize it for acting upon that fear and condemning and prosecuting that which is unknown to them.

joined Sep 4, 2014

I'm sorry, I just can't let this one go. You completely begged the question with this one, and then also proceeded to provide false information. The way things are worded always has, and always will completely change the look of a claim.
I won't leave a paragraph but stop trying to defend what you did. You screwed up by writing something you didn't mean. Okay. Happens. I do it a lot too. Accept it in a mature way and learn from it. It wasn't a big deal until I raised the third eye within you and you started trying to act like you weren't at fault and made me out to be some sort of bad guy even though you were simply a medium who I never addressed directly.

Okay, let me put it simply to refute that 'providing false information' claim you just made.
(Excuse my language)
"I want to shove my big fat cock up your Mum's tight wet pussy" as opposed to "I want to make sweet love to your drop-dead gorgeous Mum". Both are worded quite differently (one full of vulgarities and the other drizzled with sugary words) but are going to affect you personally because of the subject- your Mum, more specifically sex with your Mum. Regardless, if anyone said either I will probably still deck them.
And relax, no one is trying to 'make you the bad guy' here. Maybe you are overanalysing the other comments as well as the joke I made. You need to calm down and stop justifying everything, if you misunderstood/misinterpreted a comment or a joke, that's fine. No need to bite the person's head off even AFTER they provided you with their reason for the misunderstanding. > > >

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

To be honest, I probably ship Tomoe and her sister with their respective friends rather than each other. A Tomoe and Kujou ending would be amazing!

joined Apr 26, 2014

Could you also please explain why Mikage feels glad after she gave her first kiss to Takayanagi? How about her feeling to her older sister? It is remain unchanged or Mikage will open up to Takayanagi? #confused

To reply you must either login or sign up.