Forum › Posts by Yayahyeah202

Yayahyeah202
joined Sep 4, 2014

However, what's the difference between "That music was downright atrocious" and "I'm not a fan of music played that way"? Both are valid opinions but mean very different things. I'm not asking for cleanly drawn words of perfection, I just gave a gentle but clear reminder to just make sure what you say is what you mean.

If the 'content' of the comment affects you on a personal level then you will always find 'fault' in it despite it being a joke or not. It will still 'strike a nerve' and 'make you' respond aggressively regardless of how it is worded.

I'm sorry, I just can't let this one go. You completely begged the question with this one, and then also proceeded to provide false information. The way things are worded always has, and always will completely change the look of a claim.
I won't leave a paragraph but stop trying to defend what you did. You screwed up by writing something you didn't mean. Okay. Happens. I do it a lot too. Accept it in a mature way and learn from it. It wasn't a big deal until I raised the third eye within you and you started trying to act like you weren't at fault and made me out to be some sort of bad guy even though you were simply a medium who I never addressed directly.

Okay, let me put it simply to refute that 'providing false information' claim you just made.
(Excuse my language)
"I want to shove my big fat cock up your Mum's tight wet pussy" as opposed to "I want to make sweet love to your drop-dead gorgeous Mum". Both are worded quite differently (one full of vulgarities and the other drizzled with sugary words) but are going to affect you personally because of the subject- your Mum, more specifically sex with your Mum. Regardless, if anyone said either I will probably still deck them.
And relax, no one is trying to 'make you the bad guy' here. Maybe you are overanalysing the other comments as well as the joke I made. You need to calm down and stop justifying everything, if you misunderstood/misinterpreted a comment or a joke, that's fine. No need to bite the person's head off even AFTER they provided you with their reason for the misunderstanding. > > >

Yayahyeah202
joined Sep 4, 2014

However, what's the difference between "That music was downright atrocious" and "I'm not a fan of music played that way"? Both are valid opinions but mean very different things. I'm not asking for cleanly drawn words of perfection, I just gave a gentle but clear reminder to just make sure what you say is what you mean.

If the 'content' of the comment affects you on a personal level then you will always find 'fault' in it despite it being a joke or not. It will still 'strike a nerve' and 'make you' respond aggressively regardless of how it is worded.

And also be careful. I never said that THEY provoked my aggressive attack on society. If anything blame society's close-minded prejudgements for that. Their words just struck a nerve and had nothing to do with them as a person.

In response to ^ this, could you actually blame society for being 'fearful' and 'repulsed' by the mere thought of incest*? With countless cases of incest popping up in the media and other credible sources, incest is now synonymous to abuse, rape, paedophilia and dysfunctional family unit. Rarely does incest occur under 'normal' circumstances and if it does occur, there is almost always a stumuli involving at least one of the above factors. So I don't understand why you are bothered by 'society's' view on incest when in actuality they are simply looking out for each other. It's human instinct to support and help the vulnerable, neglected and abused. Then again not ALL incest relationships need that kind of intervention but I'm speaking for the majority here. And I'm afraid not enough information is provided about the subject as it is considered taboo and therefore 'unhealthy' incestuous relationships are allowed to continue and destroy innocent lives.

(*The incest I am referring to are between immediate family members, incest between first/second cousins are excluded due to them occurring fairly commonly in some cultures and are socially accepted).

Yayahyeah202
Your Fault discussion 09 Sep 20:58
joined Sep 4, 2014

Stop me if I'm wrong but there is only one person suffering here, no ?

Three actually. All of them are suffering in their own ways, be it emotional or physical.

Yayahyeah202
Happy End discussion 09 Sep 08:37
joined Sep 4, 2014

Am I the only one who is not bothered by the ending?
If this is not a 'happy ending' then how would you have it if you're the author?
I think this is one of the best way for them to continue their relationship without being stigmatized by society (if they choose to be open about it).
But I also think the story was a little rushed and the pregnant scene was quite irrelevant. Makes you think the cycle of incest is endless. Lol.

Yayahyeah202
joined Sep 4, 2014

It was a joke in very poor taste and your comment actually sounded very serious. If you were not being serious with you post, then I sincerely apologize for any personal insults you took from my post. But it was less of a post against you as an individual and way more of a post against society as a whole.

Do be careful in the future about what words you use. You could have said similar, and it would be totally fine.
Of important side note...we don't know what "love" this story is about. I'll spare you the details, but love itself is actually a pure thing. If it has anything bad to it, it isn't love anymore but rather a different emotion controlling the person. It's not simple, and it has a dark edge, and shoot I don't even particularly care if the end of the story isn't purely "happy", but like I said there are two main paths for this story to take at this point, and one actually does make the romance itself very emotionally involved.

Not particularly sure where the "name calling" complaint came from. I never called you a name, so don't worry.

I don't believe I've worded the joke poorly since it was supposed to be black humour and the intention was mockery and sarcasm. But I'll make sure to put acronyms at the end of every non-obvious jokes next time to avoid misinterpretation.

As for the story, I agree it is too early to define Mikage's feelings for her sister as romantic in nature. At this stage it is more of her deluded version of love, created by unpleasant childhood experiences with her father and the absence of a mother's love. It is understandable that Mikage's love for her sister is incestuous because it was 'normalised' years ago when her father began his abuse. The story diverging off into a 'romantic path' is plausible if she is able and willing to break away from her dark past.

On the other hand the postscript was not personally directed at you but also to people who have the propensity to insult (intentional or otherwise) and cause unnecessary hostility and misunderstanding. If you want to be specific, "name calling" may not be the correct term to be using, let's just say inimical adjectives you used in your comment.

last edited at Sep 6, 2014 10:11AM

Yayahyeah202
joined Sep 4, 2014

The difference being you fucking the carbon copy of half of your dad's and mum's image. And chances are you also want sexy time with your parents. So ah, awesome foursome anybody?

^ This. It is this kind of idiotic thinking (and the fact the English language doesn't have a word for a platonic or pure incestuous relationship) that is making it difficult for people to accept their true feelings at a given point, thus leading them to a skewed vision of love.

No one is a carbon copy. Not even identical twins. So there goes that argument.

She loves someone. Great. Cool. Happens to be her sister. Great. Cool. Big fucking whoop.

For a simple joke I didnt expect to garner such negativity from a rather rigid-minded individual.
Such strong antagonistic words you use to describe someone who had an opinion not similiar or same as yours.
The choice of words I used, 'carbon copy', is to describe someone who is very similar looking or shares physical characteristics of their predecessors, without getting into biological details.
You've raised some good points but the story we are discussing isn't about 'pure', 'platonic' or 'romantic' sibling love. The mangaka is portraying a very disturbing and twisted sort of 'love' from a deeply troubled and possibly sexually abused pubescent girl. The story has a really dark undertone and is not meant to be read like a simple romance story (which I get the feeling you are doing, but that's okay, I'm not judging).

P.s. I respect eveyone's views and I don't condone name calling, so please refrain from doing so in such a public and opinion-friendly forum. Thank you & Peace.

last edited at Sep 5, 2014 12:21PM

Yayahyeah202
joined Sep 4, 2014

Hm... not necessarily a real redeeming point (though often put like that in manga), but I assume the father blamed her (quite harshly, from the look of his pose) for the mother's death. Perhaps he also told her "you're just adopted anyway", if those of you who fear (blood related) incest are lucky. ^^

I wouldn't read it, if it's not incest ^^.

Yayahyeah202
joined Sep 4, 2014

i hope they are not blood related…

Yeah, gotta watch out for inbreeding in your science babies.
What the fucking difference does it make?

The difference being you fucking the carbon copy of half of your dad's and mum's image. And chances are you also want sexy time with your parents. So ah, awesome foursome anybody?

last edited at Sep 4, 2014 11:40PM