Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

joined Apr 20, 2013

Useless chapter of useless les

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I still think it should end up polyamorous but y'all know my inclinations. I think everything should.

Same!

When you're poly it's hard not to see that as a resolution to a lot of love triangles lol

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

I still think it should end up polyamorous but y'all know my inclinations. I think everything should.

Same!

When you're poly it's hard not to see that as a resolution to a lot of love triangles lol

I guess I just don't see it here. Neither of them have any interest in Izumi.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Same!

Polyamory end are a rare treat because it's something who can't be thrown like that to resolve a triangle with nobody hurt, might say it's even a cheap way to end a love triangle. I'm rarely a fan of polyamory ending and frankly speaking i don't see it happening here because of Izumi's attitude. I'm not sure she want to share her princess with anybody.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ If you ask me, she should learn to cope with her princess not actually being hers, getting over it, and then finding some other girl like, for example, Iroha

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Same!

Did you ever read Ephemeral Asterism off "I'll Send Her Home on the Last Train"? The ending isn't quite explicitly polyamorous but like, it's inches away from being there, and it resolves a love triangle. I'd never actually read it through before, always starting it then going "looks too angsty and it'd just make me sad" but... I read it yesterday and it was so perfect.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Akazawa Iroha for example?

You get my drift

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Same!

Did you ever read Ephemeral Asterism off "I'll Send Her Home on the Last Train"? The ending isn't quite explicitly polyamorous but like, it's inches away from being there, and it resolves a love triangle. I'd never actually read it through before, always starting it then going "looks too angsty and it'd just make me sad" but... I read it yesterday and it was so perfect.

I did! And yeah, it feels like the author didn't quite think of poly as a valid conclusion even though it would've made perfect sense as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe it just comes off as a cop-out for some people? I've also seen people argue that all parties need to be into each other mutually, which isn't how it's worked out for me.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Same!

I guess I just don't see it here. Neither of them have any interest in Izumi.

I will definitely admit that it'd take a lot of work for that one. Izumi's attitude is pretty possessive, although I wonder how much of that would abate if she wasn't extremely starved for romantic attention.

Really, I think I just want Izumi to date everyone.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I personally wouldn't like a poly ending. There is always something very romantic when it's just 2 people involved. When there is a third or more persons involved, there's always the risk of someone feeling left out, or developing jealousy...

I say nay...

Izumi is better off with Azakawa. Leave Kuro and Shiro (literally Yin and Yang) for one another hehe

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Same!

I did! And yeah, it feels like the author didn't quite think of poly as a valid conclusion even though it would've made perfect sense as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe it just comes off as a cop-out for some people? I've also seen people argue that all parties need to be into each other mutually, which isn't how it's worked out for me.

In my experience it's really easy to fall for someone when someone you love loves them. Just makes it a lot easier for me. So even if that's not where it starts, that is where it could end up. Also, I thought Ephemeral Asterism was less not quite polyamorous and more, the author doesn't have the words or concepts needed to describe polyamory and this is what they arrived at. Reminds me of early trans works in that way, it's close, but they're kind of missing the context around how something works, so this is just what they thought of. That's just an assumption though, perhaps with no basis in reality. Anyway, in my experience a lot of people that say they don't like polyamorous endings or that it's unrealistic just kinda don't like polyamorous people and are frequently dickish about it anyway, so I usually don't bother with them. Calling it a cop-out is kinda bullshit to me, to go against decades of established tradition in order to do something different is hardly the easy or cowardly way.

Edit: also (to the other person) saying that relationships with 2 people are more romantic than polyamorous relationships, when I could count the number of manga I've read that have actual polyamory on one hand, and the number with 2 people getting together is literally every other romance manga, is just kinda being a dick about polyamorous people. It's not less romantic or less loving to love multiple people. It just isn't. You can personally dislike it, but to call it less romantic is just bias.

last edited at Jan 3, 2020 8:49PM

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Edit: also (to the other person) saying that relationships with 2 people are more romantic than polyamorous relationships, when I could count the number of manga I've read that have actual polyamory on one hand, and the number with 2 people getting together is literally every other romance manga, is just kinda being a dick about polyamorous people. It's not less romantic or less loving to love multiple people. It just isn't. You can personally dislike it, but to call it less romantic is just bias.

I'm not stating that my opinion is fact. It's just how I personally perceive it for reasons that are also personal for me. It will just never not rub me the wrong way when I imagine the possibility that someone will end up hurt.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I'm not stating that my opinion is fact. It's just how I personally perceive it for reasons that are also personal for me. It will just never not rub me the wrong way when I imagine the possibility that someone will end up hurt.

Literally the entirety of human interactions give a possibility to hurt someone. I've been hurt in every relationship I've been in, the polyamorous nature of them has had nothing to do with the hurt I've received. Yes, polyamory opens up new ways for people to be hurt in relationships. So do gay relationships, where homophobia and lack of societal acceptance start hurting people, but we'd laugh someone out of the room if they said they didn't like manga where the characters ended up gay because it makes them more likely to get hurt.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

She would probably dating no one by the endof the day thought.

or that it's unrealistic

Not unrealistic but not very common in wetsern society. I don't think polyamory is as easy as you made it sound like. It work require a lot of work of all the parts to not fall off into jealousy as polyamory is high maintenance. In term of manga, Polyamory require also high amount of work to not feel like a cheap way to end a love triangle because the author don't know how to end it. One of recent example i have is Luminous=Blue as the polyamory ending come unannounced and fell a bit flat because it come literally in the last pages as a way to not let any of the protagonist on the side.As for this one (stay on topicat least) Izumi is too much possesive to make a polyamory work in any way. I don't see any credible approach the author can made to make it work.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I personally wouldn't like a poly ending. There is always something very romantic when it's just 2 people involved. When there is a third or more persons involved, there's always the risk of someone feeling left out, or developing jealousy...

I say nay...

Izumi is better off with Azakawa. Leave Kuro and Shiro (literally Yin and Yang) for one another hehe

I agree. And in this manga there's not even a slightest hint there will be any polyamory. Nanaki isn't into Izumi at all.

last edited at Jan 3, 2020 9:23PM

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Literally the entirety of human interactions give a possibility to hurt someone. I've been hurt in every relationship I've been in, the polyamorous nature of them has had nothing to do with the hurt I've received. Yes, polyamory opens up new ways for people to be hurt in relationships. So do gay relationships, where homophobia and lack of societal acceptance start hurting people, but we'd laugh someone out of the room if they said they didn't like manga where the characters ended up gay because it makes them more likely to get hurt.

Okay sis, I'll let you have your opinion and it's valid even if I don't agree at all with comparing it to same sex relationships between 2 consenting adults. Sorry if I sounded insensitive. I'm not too into this topic to go into it any further.

But anyway, I don't think this manga is heading into the polyamory road. And Izumi isnt that likeable either... so far from what we have seen, she is majorly manipulative

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

She would probably dating no one by the endof the day thought.

or that it's unrealistic

Not unrealistic but not very common in wetsern society. I don't think polyamory is as easy as you made it sound like. It work require a lot of work of all the parts to not fall off into jealousy as polyamory is high maintenance. In term of manga, Polyamory require also high amount of work to not feel like a cheap way to end a love triangle because the author don't know how to end it. One of recent example i have is Luminous=Blue as the polyamory ending come unannounced and fell a bit flat because it come literally in the last pages as a way to not let any of the protagonist on the side.As for this one (stay on topicat least) Izumi is too much possesive to make a polyamory work in any way. I don't see any credible approach the author can made to make it work.

In my experience, there was a lot of work up front and then everything settled into a comfortable equilibrium. It absolutely does require tons of communication and honesty about one's feelings though.

I felt like there were hints in Luminous=Blue, but obviously I'm biased to look for them lol.

And I could imagine a scenario where Izumi is being this possessive due to bottling her feelings for too long and being backed into a corner. In that case, the possessiveness could be worked through. However, I agree that it's very unlikely that the author's going for that.

Realistically, I think Izumi's going to be used to push the main couple together, and then promptly yote from the story to be sad in the bad girls' corner with all of the other jilted friend characters.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Same!

In my experience it's really easy to fall for someone when someone you love loves them. Just makes it a lot easier for me. So even if that's not where it starts, that is where it could end up. Also, I thought Ephemeral Asterism was less not quite polyamorous and more, the author doesn't have the words or concepts needed to describe polyamory and this is what they arrived at. Reminds me of early trans works in that way, it's close, but they're kind of missing the context around how something works, so this is just what they thought of. That's just an assumption though, perhaps with no basis in reality. Anyway, in my experience a lot of people that say they don't like polyamorous endings or that it's unrealistic just kinda don't like polyamorous people and are frequently dickish about it anyway, so I usually don't bother with them. Calling it a cop-out is kinda bullshit to me, to go against decades of established tradition in order to do something different is hardly the easy or cowardly way.

That's a good point! Now I'm curious if there is Japanese specific language for poly stuff. I also feel like poly gets a bad rep because most people see it through with unicorn hunters and partners trying to switch to poly as means of cheating without cheating.

I also think that for a story like this one, it would kind of hard to set up in the sense that the cast is so young. I know that I had to grow up a whole lot before I could have the communication skills needed to make it work. And as we've seen, not communicating and hiding her emotions are Izumi's two most practiced skills lol

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Same!

That's a good point! Now I'm curious if there is Japanese specific language for poly stuff. I also feel like poly gets a bad rep because most people see it through with unicorn hunters and partners trying to switch to poly as means of cheating without cheating.

I also think that for a story like this one, it would kind of hard to set up in the sense that the cast is so young. I know that I had to grow up a whole lot before I could have the communication skills needed to make it work. And as we've seen, not communicating and hiding her emotions are Izumi's two most practiced skills lol

Oh I don't think actually this one has any chance of ending in polyamory, nor would be well-prepared for healthy polyamory. I was mostly making a tongue-in-cheek comment about how I respond to every love triangle on here. Then I was getting mad when all the random people started insulting polyamory instead of just stating preferences, like they keep doing, which happens all the time, everywhere, and makes me so fucking tired.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Well that was a painful chapter.

joined Apr 1, 2017

Right in the Kokoro

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Go down fighting girl, to the bitter, bitter end

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Oh I don't think actually this one has any chance of ending in polyamory, nor would be well-prepared for healthy polyamory. I was mostly making a tongue-in-cheek comment about how I respond to every love triangle on here. Then I was getting mad when all the random people started insulting polyamory instead of just stating preferences, like they keep doing, which happens all the time, everywhere, and makes me so fucking tired.

I don't think anyone was intentionally dissing polyamory. The one person who said they found it less romantic appeared to just stating their personal opinion on the matter, and worded it poorly originally. I actually happen to agree in that I personally found polyamory less romantic, but then again I think my single very bitter taste of it probably wasn't proper polyamory since the person who was the biggest proponent of it among us was also a manipulative whore dog that I think just wanted an excuse to sleep around without being called a cheater for it. Everyone's different. Some may find polyamory very romantic and others might not. I think that comes down to personal preferences and experiences. Some have had some very positive experiences with it, some very negative and many have no experience with it at all. To each their own.

Any way, back to the story. That last chapter was brutal.

last edited at Jan 12, 2020 3:53AM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Man, does Ajiichi has something against pretty short haired girls or something? Second time she friendzones a pretty short haired girl in her series.

BTW, is it me or did the middle school friend looked more shocked than disgusted when Izumi said that? Like maybe she felt the same way Izumi did and was so shocked when she suggested dating out of nowhere, that her only reaction was that one, i mean she did kept rejecting every guy that confessed to her. Maybe she drifted away from her because she thought Izumi would never feel the same as her. Maybe this is just me pulling my yuri goggles out of my ass.

joined May 19, 2016

I don't think I've ever liked love triangles.

To reply you must either login or sign up.