Forum › KiLa KiLa discussion

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

I really dug this one it was a little sterotypical but also kind of orignal I liked how she slowly fell for mari and over all chose to be with her

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Apr 24, 2014

Ahh so cute!! ω<)/"

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Does anyone else think Takemiya Jin's stuff is getting a bit less hard-edged lately?
Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. But I mean, the black-cat-white-cat thing was so cute it could have been Morinaga Milk!

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Does anyone else think Takemiya Jin's stuff is getting a bit less hard-edged lately?

This chapter was actually published in 2010, which is why I sometimes think it would be useful for Dynasty to list the original publication date instead of/in addition to release date of the scanlation. Though I should probably get around to posting a timeline for all the Takemiya works...

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

The lust bar got me XD now to wait patiently for the sequel.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Was i the only one thinking it was a "Kill la Kill" story because of the name?? i figured it wasn't because i saw the author, anyways Amazing work as always Takemiya sensei :,)

I...

It was literally the first post :(

Dynasty02
joined May 25, 2013

Love is sweetest when you least expect it. Sigh~~

last edited at Sep 8, 2014 6:36AM

joined Jun 27, 2013

This was a perfect story, I don't even need a sequel (though I wouldn't mind having one either) :P

Sonya
joined Aug 22, 2014

That was cute :3

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I felt the opposite, there's a lot of Takemiya's work featuring a insecure girl with an assertive one
It was kinda nice, i guess, but i honestly think she stays in her comfort zone a little too much

Nothing wrong with becoming incredible at one style. Blacksmiths had to iron out over one thousand swords before their work was good enough for them to be considered recommended for even low infantrymen (thankfully the life of a mangaka is a bit more cost effective than that).

What she does change is the plot, the flow, the outcome, the feel of each story. Her previously scanlated oneshot was an angst-filled 'reality slaps you in the face' style while this was, although not a polar opposite, completely different in its own right.

Besides it can be a good thing to be a "go to" for something. Like if she does only stick to her typical insecure-assertive style matchups, then whenever I want to read something like that I'll turn to her. If I want to read something of a different nature, I'll read someone else who's better at it. She's been spending her training efforts on her art style, since it came across as a bit underdeveloped and sloppy at times in her earlier works. It's come a long ways.

And to be honest, and this is a more personal thing, I like Takemiya for her master of plot control. I've been hard-pressed to find a story that I didn't love.

Img_20130506_204324
joined May 6, 2013

A kiss would be good. <3

joined Jul 8, 2013

I'm not a huge fan of Takemiya Jin because she used to do a lot of these super overly dramatic series that often ended up in ways that made me want to stab somebody. But when Takemiya Jin tries to do these happy go lucky, for once everything is alright with the world series, they are just top-class and fantastically wonderful. And recently Takemiya's been doing more and more of these series so i'm just on cloud nine. I feel so much better after that bullshit ending to Happy End and oh my fucking gawd now I'm thinking about it again and FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. gotta go reread this chapter now.

last edited at Sep 9, 2014 7:35PM

300129l_-_kopie
joined Jul 27, 2013

A kiss would be good. <3

( ˘ ³˘)❤

last edited at Sep 8, 2014 6:22PM

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

I'm not a huge fan of Takemiya Jin because he used to do a lot of these super overly dramatic series that often ended up in ways that made me want to stab somebody. But when Takemiya Jin tries to do these happy go lucky, for once everything is alright with the world series, they are just top-class and fantastically wonderful. And recently Takemiya's been doing more and more of these series so i'm just on cloud nine. I feel so much better after that bullshit ending to Happy End and oh my fucking gawd now I'm thinking about it again and FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. gotta go reread this chapter now.

Takemiya Jin is a woman.

He/she's lost it, so don't bother correcting him/her.

joined Apr 6, 2013

Aw so cute and it was kind of original, I didn't get the feeling I read the same kind of story hundreds of times before :D
This should be made into a series. Or at least have a sequel.. >\<

I felt the opposite, there's a lot of Takemiya's work featuring a insecure girl with an assertive one
It was kinda nice, i guess, but i honestly think she stays in her comfort zone a little too much

Yeah, a lot of Takemiya works have a girl falling in love with a different person then they started liking at first, normally they fall for their friend who helped and supported them in their crush.

She seems to favor friends becoming lovers over anything else, so while its different from the Sempai infatuation fics that plague Yuri, its pretty common ground for Takemiya.

Then again that doesn't make it bad, and its fun in its own way.

last edited at Sep 8, 2014 10:19PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Aw so cute and it was kind of original, I didn't get the feeling I read the same kind of story hundreds of times before :D
This should be made into a series. Or at least have a sequel.. >\<

Yeah, a lot of Takemiya works have a girl falling in love with a different person then they started liking at first, normally they fall for their friend who helped and supported them in their crush.

She seems to favor friends becoming lovers over anything else, so while its different from the Sempai infatuation fics that plague Yuri, its pretty common ground for Takemiya.

Then again that doesn't make it bad, and its fun in its own way.

I actually prefer these too, mostly because 90% of the time the best friend will be much more interesting than the token love interest, examples: DNAngel, legend of korra (korrasami will be canon!), final fantasy VII, ect.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Korrasami… lol x)

joined Mar 23, 2013

I actually prefer these too, mostly because 90% of the time the best friend will be much more interesting than the token love interest, examples: DNAngel, legend of korra (korrasami will be canon!), final fantasy VII, ect.

KorrAsami canon? Yeah... no... This is not going to happen ever.

joined Apr 26, 2014

Was i the only one thinking it was a "Kill la Kill" story because of the name?? i figured it wasn't because i saw the author, anyways Amazing work as always Takemiya sensei :,)

no, you were not :)

I really couldn't wait for the next chapter, loves the story XD

joined Jul 8, 2013

I'm not a huge fan of Takemiya Jin because he used to do a lot of these super overly dramatic series that often ended up in ways that made me want to stab somebody. But when Takemiya Jin tries to do these happy go lucky, for once everything is alright with the world series, they are just top-class and fantastically wonderful. And recently Takemiya's been doing more and more of these series so i'm just on cloud nine. I feel so much better after that bullshit ending to Happy End and oh my fucking gawd now I'm thinking about it again and FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. gotta go reread this chapter now.

Takemiya Jin is a woman.

Ah shit. Worst part is that I knew that and I'm just so used to hearing the "Jin" name refer to males that I just kind of subconsciously put "he" there lol.

joined Jul 8, 2013

Takemiya Jin is a woman.

He/she's lost it, so don't bother correcting him/her.

lol WTF is that supposed to mean?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

final fantasy VII

I'll fight you over that one, Tifa wasn't even trying and she succeeded thanks to a certain back stab

Nothing wrong with becoming incredible at one style. Blacksmiths had to iron out over one thousand swords before their work was good enough for them to be considered recommended for even low infantrymen (thankfully the life of a mangaka is a bit more cost effective than that).
What she does change is the plot, the flow, the outcome, the feel of each story. Her previously scanlated oneshot was an angst-filled 'reality slaps you in the face' style while this was, although not a polar opposite, completely different in its own right.
Besides it can be a good thing to be a "go to" for something. Like if she does only stick to her typical insecure-assertive style matchups, then whenever I want to read something like that I'll turn to her. If I want to read something of a different nature, I'll read someone else who's better at it. She's been spending her training efforts on her art style, since it came across as a bit underdeveloped and sloppy at times in her earlier works. It's come a long ways.
And to be honest, and this is a more personal thing, I like Takemiya for her master of plot control. I've been hard-pressed to find a story that I didn't love.

Well you can see it that way, but they way my hard eye see it is as a wasted potential, i do like her drawing style quite a bit (even though it leads to some characters looking identical) and the first couple of times i've read something of hers i enjoyed it, but to witness almost the same insecurity drama and identical settings is a little too much for me, i'd love to see something with her art trying to be a little more different
You're right that in a certain way keeping on one style may be an advantage since there's people around like Morinaga Milk with a grand total of 2 good series, but Jin not only is one of the artists in this reader with the bigger ammount of contents, she's also already shown that she can diversify things even if just a little if she wants and succeed at it, i thought the first chapter of Chouchou Nannan was great and i was looking forward to that, but then the second chapter arrived and once again it became too samey and my hype lowered quite significantly, she may come up with something interesting with that yandere deal in the third chapter but i'm keeping my expectations low for the moment

last edited at Sep 9, 2014 10:46PM

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

I had read this like seven times and it came out almost 3 days ago, i loved this

ps: does anyone else has an obsession with girls with glasses and braids? (Besides madoka)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

final fantasy VII

I'll fight you over that one, Tifa wasn't even trying and she succeeded thanks to a certain back stab

On the other hand Cloud was only with Aerith because he was pretending to be Zack, and she knew it. She was never serious about him from the start.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

final fantasy VII

On the other hand Cloud was only with Aerith because he was pretending to be Zack, and she knew it. She was never serious about him from the start.

Oh absolutely, which is why the best option was always Yuffie! Her Golden Saucer date was the best one challenged only by Barret's date

To reply you must either login or sign up.