Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Lol, so is that a forehead blush or did she just head butt her to get away?
Guess we will never know

Happy holidays to the empire!

Edit:
Whoops, didn't notice that it's the remnants of the original blush.
Answered my own question!

last edited at Dec 24, 2019 11:58AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

We broke through the 100 pages with comments! this should justify an anime xD

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Chapter 190 is a good one because it has all my favorite girls.

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

Honestly this Kaoru x Mask chapter is one of the best chapters in this manga.

Especially the feelings with Kaoru, the tears and such. Hope Bou-chan will fell for Kaoru

last edited at Dec 24, 2019 4:31PM

joined Mar 18, 2018

This...

...It's to real

last edited at Dec 24, 2019 3:22PM

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

I really found Mask's Binge eating episode really interesting, I would have never expected it

joined Jul 19, 2014

Is there any doujin?

joined Jul 26, 2016

Is there any doujin?

yes :U

Hibiki's face i can't even lmao

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

taesu99 posted:

Is there any doujin?

just in my head

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Thanks so much for the holliday uploads!!!!

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Is it just me or is Yuu really pretty now? She always was but now shes just gorgeous. Maybe its just the art style improving.

She is becoming more and more gorgeous every chapter she appears in it seems. Recently when I see Yuu appear my heart skips a beat lol, her beauty combined with Mari's cuteness and how their relationship works just gets to me in a good way

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

I really found Mask's Binge eating episode really interesting, I would have never expected it

Ikr, it's not just a romantic setback that can make you heartbroken, the distress of feeling like a failed artist can do it too. I loved how the mangaka chose to illustrate it by making her react in a stereotypically "disconsolate ditched girlfriend" manner.

Inai hou ga ii ningen
joined May 23, 2018

Kaoru is a fucking goddess

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Wasn't a big fan of Kaoru till 189. I mean I get that she's been a part of pushing the story along for Shizuka (and possibly Honoka and Hibiki), but till now she's been more of a plot device than an actual character to me.
But with this she's changed, reborn by Bouchan.
Kaoru has become a playful scamp, instead of being a cruel player. Looking forward to more of her now.

joined Jun 28, 2018

Question for one of my darling Chads...

What's the current chapter total? Is it 207 or are there more?

Also, sorry if this has been asked semi-recently. Not 100% up to date with the entirety of this discussion, lol...

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

DerMetzger posted:

Question for one of my darling Chads...

What's the current chapter total? Is it 207 or are there more?

Also, sorry if this has been asked semi-recently. Not 100% up to date with the entirety of this discussion, lol...

207 has been released (and it's alredy done), we're waiting for ch208 that should come out soon

joined Jan 3, 2020

Yikes, I just caught up with all the recent stuff, and I strongly dislike the way things played out between Mio and Shizuka. The thing that bothers me the most is that in their confrontation, Shizuka -lied- about her feelings for Kaoru. Mio obviously saw through it, but it really bothered me that she decided to lie on top of everything else even after being caught. Then, to make matters worse, she flips the conversation to be about how unfair Mio is being for speaking her mind instead of just giving in immediately. The worst part is that this tactic is successful, and thought that Shizuka has when entering the room "I'm sure Mio will forgive me because Mio is kind" ends up being correct. She suspects Mio will be such a pushover that they can get back together, and she's right.

In fact, Mio begins to blame herself for the anxiety attacks in the next two chapters caused by Shizuka's betrayal. On top of that, Shizuka hasn't given any promises or even really tried to set her mind at ease. Even simple reassurances like "I promise I won't leave you or kiss other people" would go a long way. She's also not bothered to explain Kaoru to Mio (sure Mio hasn't asked, but she should volunteer that now).

I hoped there was going to be some more development here where Shizuka actually had to take some responsibility for some of the huge amount of emotional trauma she has dealt to this girl, but apparently no, we're going to treat it like Mio's fault for having the unmitigated gall to trust the word of somebody she loves.

The fact that the latest Mio chapter is a kiss montage with everything fully back to normal irritates me strongly. I want them to stay together, but I feel like Shizuka needs to understand just how badly she hurt this girl first. She clearly doesn't.

The irony of this whole thing is that Shizuka did to Mio the same thing that Kaoru did to Shizuka back in middle school. She fooled around with another girl and showed no value for their relationship. Shizuka broke up with Kaoru for that. Mio forgives her, and she doesn't seem to show enough gratitude for this.

There are ways the author can salvage this story, still. I'm just pretty disappointed that this situation was basically dropped after the talk in Chapter 157.

last edited at Jan 4, 2020 12:56PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

In a way, Shizuka and Mio are one of the closest while still being the most fragile couple... I want them to succeed too but I'll need at least a couple more interactions to feel at ease, and I wonder, what's gonna happen if Mio faces the vampire? I hope this manga continues for at least 100 chapters more! (but considering the amount of screen time that Nao gets, maybe 200).

How are you all dealing with the absence of Teikoku? There's nothing alike out there and most yuri series are monthly

joined Jan 3, 2020

I put a little more thought into it, and I think I understand their relationship a bit more. Mio was in a position where she could have made Shizuka concede things (such as the truth about Kaoru or extracting promises of faithfulness), but she chose to give that up because she wasn't sure how stable her position truly was. That is, Mio believed that most of the affection shown towards her by Shizuka was for Kaoru's sake. If a person like that, who uses people like tools, was confronted by somebody denouncing them strongly for cheating, they would discard the relationship immediately and find a new tool. That's what Mio feared happening in that conversation. She had basically assumed that Shizuka wanted to break up, so she took control of the conversation and tried to use the limited influence she had from being cheated on in order to ensure they could have a date.

I guess the reason Shizuka makes me so angry is because I have felt what it is like to be in a similar situation, and it is fucking awful. When you're in a situation where you seem to care about the other person far more than they care about you and they seem to be far above you, betrayal hits so much harder. If you get anxiety before, you can tell yourself "no, they promised they loved me" or "they find all these things about me interesting too". The part where Mio says 'The first words I thought were "I knew it"' - I felt that way before once as well. Then if you get anxiety after being betrayed like this, those words stop working. They're hollow and false because your experiences have proven to you that anyone is capable of lies and malice.

Maybe my line of thinking is unreasonable, and it wasn't as if the two of them were in some sort of unbreakable union. They had dated once (arguably) and kissed a handful of times. That's not exactly a lifelong pledge of loyalty.

last edited at Jan 5, 2020 3:53AM

joined Apr 17, 2017

I get how you feel, but I think they can fix their relationship. To be fair, Shizuka had been jilted by the pickup artist of the piece, Kaoru. Seeing Kaoru change in response to her feelings for Mask makes me feel like Shizuka and Mio can work things out. Knowing how Mio feels, though, I think she's happy to be able to have Shizuka return her affection again, and doesn't want to rock the boat too hard. I'm sure the author can devise a way to revisit this subject later, in more detail.

But this part of the story was so fraught and emotional I thought for sure the author was building up for a conclusion to the series. Instead, this seems to be only the first sign of relationship strife in the series, like maybe an initial benchmark?

For myself, every time Miyoshi tells Ayano they'll get boyfriends one day, I feel what I imagine is the same frustration and anxiety Ayano feels. That's the relationship that hits me the hardest. If Miyoshi and Ayano have a relationship as fraught as Shizuka and Mio, I don't know if I can stand it.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Sincerely, I'd love to see Mio and Kaoru discuss over Shizuka, and just laughing her off.
Topping Mio is the best Mio <3

I know a bit more of what happened after the chapters published here, but I still have a hard time waiting two weeks for each chapter. Don't worry, we'll upload some new chapters soon!
What I do is create a lot of fanfictions in my head and try to immaginate what will happen, but yeah no other manga actually satisfies me as much as this at the moment.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

So, this is what we decided to do: we don't know yet when the full version of v15 will be out, so we are going to start publishing the other chapters and we'll add cover + table of content + mini extra scenes in another chapter that I will put at the start of the volume. We will probably do the same for the following volumes.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oooh so then, we'll get more sooner than expected? that's great imo! I miss the manga club activities !!
thanks for your continuous hard work!

joined Apr 6, 2019

^ What she said. Thanks to all the scanlator team!

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

This series heals my deep hatred for yuri tropes.

I can go on a little further.

To reply you must either login or sign up.