Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Yeah... I put off deleting this comment over in the Whispering You a Love Song forum, and then re-posting it here a bit too much.

Oh, look, a third sister. Wonder if she got friend zoned as well. Speaking of which, cooking-senpai should be paired up with one of the sisters. That'd make one less loose end.

I'm all for yuri but I don't think everyone is gay! is always the way to go xP sometimes you just need a friend!!!

Don't ask me why, but this post reminded me of a certain clip from one OSP's Di-VINEs videos (literally, parodies of vines, that feature various mythological figures or characters from literature), in this case, the one with Apollo, Achilles and Protoclus.

There, deleted from a different thread and posted here.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Does anyone here listen to synthwave music?

Skulltroop_far_wht
joined Jun 3, 2018

Yes. Stuff like "The Midnight", "Gunship", "Dance With the Dead", "Le Matos", "Oscillian" and many others. Quickly became my go-to genre some years ago.

joined Oct 22, 2018

What even is synthwave?

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Hell yeah, stuff like this is straight fire

joined Oct 22, 2018

If you see a 2 to 3 milimeter sized ant and you just so happen to live either in the western coastal states of the US, or in Europe, or in Japan, or in the South Island of New Zealand, or in the southern half of Australia, then you see a member of the largest ant colony in existence.

And all because some 19th century folk from the Parana river valley accidentally brought some argentine ants to Madeira and New Orleans...

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Yeah. I listen to it whenever I want to relax. This youtube channel has some great synth/vaporwave stuff.

joined Oct 22, 2018

@SF

Kyouko & Sayaka have been together for so long they can communicate telepathically.

I remember there being this show a few years back on TV (I'm not sure if the TV station in question was Serbian or Montenegrin, but I think it was the former), and each time they put a section showing a family (het married couple and their son and daughter) through various years in the latter half of the 20th century in Yugoslavia. In one of the episodes, which was put to take place (I think) somewhere in the early-mid 80's, I vividly remember that the TV that family was using said "In the future, we may even be able to speak telepathically.", when then the daughter turned to the mom and asked telepathically "Mom, aren't we already communicating telepathically", and the mom replied "Only us women and only amongst us. The men are so blockheaded that they are yet to evolutionarily develop the ability of telepathic communication.".

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Huh, interesting, you think you might know what the show is called?
(Sorry for the late reply, busy with school and Fire Emblem)

joined Oct 22, 2018

Huh, interesting, you think you might know what the show is called?

It was years ago, and it's no longer airing. I forgot the name of the show, but I don't think you could find it in any language but Serbian even if I remembered how the show was called.
Sorry

Gfkenr4j2k-2
joined Aug 7, 2019

Ah yes, another one of the forums that I am just discovering today.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Why do so many mods around here have a god complex? Banning people for absolutely nothing? This is getting ridiculous. I would have written a rant, but I don't even have the energy to waste on that.

Not like you can contact mods directly, so I can't even ask what the heck they are thinking. These forums are so mismanaged and full of bias. If I wanted to see people abuse their power I'd go to HongKong. sigh

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BugDevil posted:

Not like you can contact mods directly, so I can't even ask what the heck they are thinking.

You can.

last edited at Nov 24, 2019 9:34AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Why do so many mods around here have a god complex? Banning people for absolutely nothing? This is getting ridiculous. I would have written a rant, but I don't even have the energy to waste on that.

You think the mods here are acting like gods. My, are you lucky that you have never developed a taste for Polandball... Several of my favourite series of comics over at the Polandball subreddit got axed because the mods decided that those comics weren't appropriate, despite not breaking any of the rules.
Even years later, I'm still salty about that.

last edited at Nov 24, 2019 10:22AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

BugDevil posted:

Not like you can contact mods directly, so I can't even ask what the heck they are thinking.

You can.

Yeah I figured I'd have to go to the Discord for that, but I really don't want to. Though I figure that a lot of mod missile strikes are coordinated from there, so it would at least be interesting to see the process.

If I actually went there I'd just get kicked anyway, knowing these mods.

You think the mods here are acting like gods. My, are you lucky that you have never developed a taste for Polandball... Several of my favourite series of comics over at the Polandball subreddit got axed because the mods decided that those comics weren't appropriate, despite not breaking any of the rules.

I know power abuse is common among mods everywhere, but usually they at least pretend to do it for the sake of keeping the rules. In the end mods are just fallible and petty humans like all of us. I'm not sure whether I prefer the hellhole that is 4chan and Youtube comments sections over biased authority though.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Yeah I figured I'd have to go to the Discord for that, but I really don't want to. Though I figure that a lot of mod missile strikes are coordinated from there, so it would at least be interesting to see the process.

I will not comment on anything else, but regarding this, you would not see any process if you went there. Staff discussions are not conducted in the main chat.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I know power abuse is common among mods everywhere, but usually they at least pretend to do it for the sake of keeping the rules. In the end mods are just fallible and petty humans like all of us. I'm not sure whether I prefer the hellhole that is 4chan and Youtube comments sections over biased authority though.

Your remark on YouTube comments sections hits almost too close to home... I remember the time, well over a year and a half ago, when I was hyperactive in the YouTube comments sections, and it was hell. Even more recent examples, like a back-and-forth argument with some Croatian (not exactly extreme, but not really moderate either) nationalist some weeks ago, and evenmoreso (albeit someowhat older) some toxic comments on a discussion I started on a documentary on Skenderbeg (hoping it would end in a civilized, respectful discussion, and, while most people, myself included, tried our hardest to keep it that way, others let that ever existant hellspawn that [insert any Balkan nation here] nationalism get the better of them)...
An all-too-common occurence this side of the Adriatic sea and Carpathian mountains...

last edited at Nov 24, 2019 4:51PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Can always try IRC too. I hear it's a real hoppin' place these days.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I will not comment on anything else, but regarding this, you would not see any process if you went there. Staff discussions are not conducted in the main chat.

Ah sorry, I was more thinking along the lines of "Hey mods, that person bothers me, please ban them". The coordination with members as it were.

Yeah, but is it also boppin' though?

joined Oct 22, 2018

Yeah, but is it also boppin' though?

Given how few people have said they use the IRC in the most recent Dynasy survey, I doubt it. Not that I'd know for sure, tho, given that I don't use the IRC.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Given how few people have said they use the IRC in the most recent Dynasy survey, I doubt it. Not that I'd know for sure, tho, given that I don't use the IRC.

Well if I had to choose between Discord and a basic IRC I'd 110% choose Discord too. That's a no-brainer.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

BugDevil said :

Not like you can contact mods directly, so I can't even ask what the heck they are thinking. These forums are so mismanaged and full of bias. If I wanted to see people abuse their power I'd go to HongKong. sigh

What happened ?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

What happened ?

Heck if I know honestly. Some mod must be very sensitive. I won't point fingers, because I can't prove who it was. Only assume due to what post it was.

There are other more obvious cases not too long ago too, but like I said, I'm beyond ranting about it now. For the ridiculous stuff that doesn't involve bans you can go back a few pages in this thread too if ya want. There is a good example there.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Nothing new under the sun here, honestly. The banhammer's handling has always be, as far as I can remember, swift and remorseless: some accounts survive, some don't. That being said, still being able to post after a whopping total of almost 4400 comments on barely a year and half is a sign mods here aren't that unrelenting - not as much as we sometimes like to portray them, at least.

The shadow of the banhammer is never far, however, so post carefully and avoid subversive comments and neverending debates about your favorite yuri. Less risk for people congratulating each other under sweet, angst-less doujin!

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I've noticed that thing about bans too. In some certain topics, people got banned without even one warning.

To reply you must either login or sign up.