Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

That's why I am not a shipper.

fair enough there´s two types of people in this world the people who ship and the people who doesn´t and that´s fine

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Hey, random question, but do you guys have any tips for sleeping earlier when you have developed a pattern for sleeping late?
Like, I literally cannot fall asleep until 3:00 or 4:00 AM, which sucks when I have morning classes.

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 2:54AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Hey, random question, but do you guys have any tips for sleeping earlier when you have developed a pattern for sleeping late?
Like, I literally cannot fall asleep until 3:00 or 4:00 AM, which sucks when I have morning classes.

Pull an all-nighter and then finally give in to your exhaustion around the time you actually want to go to sleep. Doing that enough times usually works(take it from someone who had night shifts).

If that is too extreme for you, you gotta adjust slowly. Always go to bed just a little earlier and a few weeks later it should work out.

joined May 8, 2017

^I'll try the second option. I wish I have enough willpower to do the first option tho.
Thank you so much for the advice, Bugdevil! I appreciate it.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

joined May 8, 2017

Why can't my college professors actually teach? They just read off presentation slides. And when they assign projects in class, they don't explain it clearly. There was one assignment that had two conflicting grading rubrics and requirements, so I had to guess which one was the right one. My high school teachers were better than most of my professors.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Why can't my college professors actually teach? They just read off presentation slides. And when they assign projects in class, they don't explain it clearly. There was one assignment that had two conflicting grading rubrics and requirements, so I had to guess which one was the right one. My high school teachers were better than most of my professors.

Whoa. And here I thought high school was gruesome.

joined May 8, 2017

^ I actually miss high school now lol

Edit: And for one project, our professor handed us an example to model our assignment off of. Except there were errors on it and it didn't follow the grading rubric. When we told the professor about these flaws, she told us that the example was "kind of not good" and that we really shouldn't use it as a reference.

And then there's the project for another class that was due around an hour ago. My group followed the teacher's instructions perfectly. When I went online to submit it, I noticed that at the bottom of the submissions page, it mentioned that if we don't include links to our website, we would get a zero. And I was like "whaaat? what website. The teacher didn't mention a website." I texted my group and another student from another group, and they all said that the teacher never mentioned a website. The student from the other group said that his group already submitted their assignment. Maybe the professor copied the course rubric onto the assignment page and he's actually going to grade it another way that's different from the course? IDK. I already submitted the assignment before the deadline, but I'm really anxious. Plus, that guy didn't post the grades for other assignments, so I don't even know my full grade yet. It's so frustrating.

last edited at Oct 1, 2019 1:30AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

I know I'm super-late, like, I noticed it several weeks back, but forgot about it, and only noticed again today, but I saw a certain someone's uploader mark was replaced with the staff mark. I'm sorry for being super-late with this, but congrats on your promotion, @OrangePekoe!

last edited at Oct 1, 2019 3:58PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I know I'm super-late, like, I noticed it several weeks back, but forgot about it, and only noticed again today, but I saw a certain someone's uploader mark was replaced with the staff mark. I'm sorry for being super-late with this, but congrats on your promotion, @OrangePekoe!

Oh, thank.

In addition to what BugDevil said, I also think habits are good tools to change your behaviour. Breaking them is hard, but making them usually isn't (as long as they're easy). Before bed I usually get away from the PC for like an hour+, get some nice hot tea, chill with the pets and read or draw for a while. Then self care, then sleep. I find it much, much easier to sleep early when I have some set routine like this before sleeping. Dunno how realistic it'd be for you, though.

joined May 8, 2017

OrangePekoe posted:

In addition to what BugDevil said, I also think habits are good tools to change your behaviour. Breaking them is hard, but making them usually isn't (as long as they're easy). Before bed I usually get away from the PC for like an hour+, get some nice hot tea, chill with the pets and read or draw for a while. Then self care, then sleep. I find it much, much easier to sleep early when I have some set routine like this before sleeping. Dunno how realistic it'd be for you, though.

That sounds like a really good plan. I think this will be a really good start to fix my schedule and habits and give myself an hour of peace before I go to sleep. Thanks for the advice, OrangePekoe! I appreciate it!

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

that´d be true if we were talking about canon character from the novel like kumiko and reina from euphonium, people knew that there was no way that they´d end up together, because in the novel kumiko ends up with tsukamoto, but it´s a different case with dekomori she was tacked on the story, there´s no source material for her, writters don´t have a storyline to follow, they can writte anything they want. If at the end of the novel nibutani were to find a boyfriend like kumiko that´d be a different story because in that case the writtes have to follow the novel, but i don´t think that´s the case so at this specific case the source material doesn´t really matter

Nibutani is the lynchpin here. Her ending in the novels decides what KyoAni can do. Therefore Dekkomori's side doesn't matter. She could even be openly gay for Nibutani, it would change nothing.

I mean we all know that no there´s no way nibutani and dekomori end up together(mostly because at this point the franchise is over) but that has nothing to do with the source material, like @TheLostLight already said that just how kyoani works being maid dragon the only exception. That being said the anime does have strong subtext that´s a fact, there´s strong evidence that nibutani and dekomori may or may not be in love, but come on dude we work with less than that nico and maki barely talk at the anime the subtext between yui and azu-nyan is barely noticeable if you don´t use your yuri goggles. If your logic is "if is not on the source material fuck it " you´re pretty much skipping 30% of this site content

That's why I am not a shipper. I only give credence to pairings that have solid support in the actual series. Subtext is not always good subtext. I can look at a Love Live image and say "Ha that's cute". Do I ship it? Of course not. Never gonna happen and completely OOC. Those shows are bait.

Now when I look at something like Demon Girl Next Door on the other hand, the subtext is very straightforward and ramps up over time. Confirmation is lacking of course, but it's a work in progress. I don't really ship the characters so much as I predict where the author will go with them and what the intention is. Authorial intent supersedes wishful thinking of the fans. There are also series like Neptunia which have subtext and it is clear what the devs actually intent romance wise, but are shackled by their need to sell games and thus cannot proceed with that intention.

NibuDekko is a dead end on all levels. Even if I think the subtext is there and it is quite obvious the anime team at least was genuine in their attempt to give this subtext, I also know they just did it to give Nibutani more substance and have more cute girls in the show. They saw that the dynamic was lacking something and inserted Dekkomori to supplement that. As a friend for Rikka and as a foil for Nibutani she works wonders and is not intrusive on the source material. As a romantic interest however she becomes more problematic.
Exactly because this is KyoAni I can never believe that this was ever intended to go anywhere beyond teasing.
Wait a minute... how can someone listen to "Garasu no Hanazono" and not ship Eli and Nozomi?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Wait a minute... how can someone listen to "Garasu no Hanazono" and not ship Eli and Nozomi?

Because a song is a song.

joined Oct 22, 2018

The same way someone can listen to Uskudara Giderken without being too fond of the Ottomans.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016
Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Tsk. And next you gonna say that parfait is some kind of dessert.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Let's not go crazy here. Parfaits are a lifestyle!

joined Oct 22, 2018

Let's not go crazy here. Parfaits are a lifestyle!

But that IS going crazy. But I'm the guy who has 3 almost an hour long each history documentaries downloaded on my phone, so who am I to judge.

joined Oct 22, 2018

While reading that one teacher x teacher yuri manga, I remembered a brief conversation here about IRL shippers, and I gotta say, on the last panel of this page the dark-haired pony-tail sensei really is one I can relate to.

Note that am unsure whether making this post was a good idea, mostly because of how it ended up for me last time.

last edited at Oct 5, 2019 5:43AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay, you know what? This is a place for off-topic discussions, not a place to keep dragging on stupid arguments you can't just walk away from. This discussion, and indxeed this whole site, isn't the place for this sort of acrimonious debate.

I'm deleting the last couple of messages and telling you to drop it and walk away, a skill you really need to work a lot harder on.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Okay, you know what? This is a place for off-topic discussions, not a place to keep dragging on stupid arguments you can't just walk away from. This discussion, and indxeed this whole site, isn't the place for this sort of acrimonious debate.

I'm deleting the last couple of messages and telling you to drop it and walk away, a skill you really need to work a lot harder on.

OK... what'd I miss in the last 6 hours?

joined Oct 22, 2018

Has anyone of y'all ever heard of that one Buddhist Greek Kingdom in India?

joined Oct 22, 2018

OK. I knew one could get wasted on alcohol-spiked chocolate, but not on your average cooking chocolate. farts

last edited at Oct 9, 2019 11:13AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

@50srefugee

Buraboo!

This last sentence from a post you've made in the YagaKimi thread made me think of that one video "Sound of Ancient Languages", more specifically the sample of Assyrian therein.

To reply you must either login or sign up.