Forum › Kimi no itami wo kizamu basho discussion

5078c11faafb542156639addbfc83dc4440cf9d2_hq
joined Apr 22, 2018

.... I like it it's good... I mean yeah it's kinda bitter sweet for me at least.. It's just more like.. Wow in the near future how many more piercings is she gonna have for more painful moments to come

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

.... I like it it's good... I mean yeah it's kinda bitter sweet for me at least.. It's just more like.. Wow in the near future how many more piercings is she gonna have for more painful moments to come

Who is to say it will stop with piercings?!

joined Jul 20, 2016

I know someone who is numb as her

joined Aug 21, 2017

Is there a medical term of this kind of disorder?

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Next level me?

last edited at Oct 4, 2019 2:00AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

fauce posted:

Sociopath.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

fauce posted:

Sociopath.

i don't think so.

Sociopaths do have feelings, but they prioritize their own, or view other people feelings only in relation to their own.

Example: if the parents of a sociopath were to die, they'd be sad and feel pity for themselves.

The MC here, I think, is portrayed as, even if her parents were to die, she'd be unable to feel anything.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

It's just run-of-the-mill apathy. Some people just don't care about most things, and that's just fine. They aren't sick or anything.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nya-chan posted:

fauce posted:

Sociopath.

i don't think so.

Sociopaths do have feelings, but they prioritize their own, or view other people feelings only in relation to their own.

Example: if the parents of a sociopath were to die, they'd be sad and feel pity for themselves.

The MC here, I think, is portrayed as, even if her parents were to die, she'd be unable to feel anything.

I was actually half joking. The way she can't sympathize with others and needs to pierce herself to feel any stimulus is pretty reminiscence of sociopaths though.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Dissociative Disorder: It comes in many flavours :/ usually identity-related but not always. Childhood trauma is usually involved.
Or PTSD, or just plain depression? Anyhow she's not healthy and self-harm won't make things better :/

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Dissociative Disorder: It comes in many flavours :/ usually identity-related but not always. Childhood trauma is usually involved.
Or PTSD, or just plain depression? Anyhow she's not healthy and self-harm won't make things better :/

Something tells me it's about her mom since the last panel of page 7 strangely focuses on a boy and his mother rather than Yuuhi, who was the one talking in that panel.

Maybe this story is implying when she realizes she loves Yuuhi but Yuuhi doesn't love her back she will finally understand pain.

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

Something tells me it's about her mom since the last panel of page 7 strangely focuses on a boy and his mother rather than Yuuhi, who was the one talking in that panel.

Maybe this story is implying when she realizes she loves Yuuhi but Yuuhi doesn't love her back she will finally understand pain.

On this page https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/new?quote_id=518191&topic_id=16049 she was upset that yuuhi's crush rejected her so it is unlikely, I think she is going to find more ways to mutilate herself later in life.

last edited at Feb 13, 2020 1:17AM

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

She might have alexithymia. Her trouble identifying emotions and intentionally "matching to [her] surroundings" may also be linked to autism in females. (wow I searched this up and found a lot of new info, this one is for you guys).

I reccomend this article that contains both for those who want to learn more:
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/people-with-autism-can-read-emotions-feel-empathy1/

Tldr: Alexithymia is a psychological condition in which people can identify and relate to another person's feelings, but cannot identify the specific emotion. (e.g. they know they feel bad, but they don't know if they're sad or angry)This condition is slightly more common to people with autism, and usually causes anxiety and depression in autistic and non-autistic individuals.

(the end of my essay, please enjoy)

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

She might have alexithymia. Her trouble identifying emotions and intentionally "matching to [her] surroundings" may also be linked to autism in females. (wow I searched this up and found a lot of new info, this one is for you guys).

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/people-with-autism-can-read-emotions-feel-empathy1/

Tldr: Alexithymia is a psychological condition in which people can identify and relate to another person's feelings, but cannot identify the specific emotion. (e.g. they know they feel bad, but they don't know if they're sad or angry)This condition is slightly more common to people with autism, and usually causes anxiety and depression in autistic and non-autistic individuals.

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Piercing tropes (like getting a new piercing for an event or for the pain) get me every time I swear.

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

Damn, I feel the same sometimes, like my grandma basically forgot everything and both my mother and sister were crying and like are still feeling emotionally disturbed but I just didn't feel anything. I cried once but I was just really matching my mother and sister and I think I kind of forced myself to feel sad? Like I do feel emotions at most things and get sad or angry at stories and things, but I don't really feel saddened by loss or when other people feel loss. I'm just pretty much apathetic to when someone dies or leaves my life.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nice. Would be nice if her only feeling of love would eventually be requited as well, she certainly deserves this much in her life.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

So she does feel something. She just doesn't express it.. emotively. As a replacement she pierces herself. Interesting.
She feels shock when she finds her friend is not at school and feels joy when her friend his happy, she has empathy or she understands the concept, she just can't feel or express it.

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 7:13AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.