Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

Well about the Russian girls, mamahuhu has some videos showing them as pretty hardcore lol That might be a Chinese view on Russians though. Again, this is a humor YouTube channel we are talking about, so take everything with a grain of salt...

TBF the parts of Russia the Chinese have direct contact with are that country's remote, sparsely-inhabited "Wild East" frontier with similar background of fierce natives and rugged pioneers - aside from the Cossacks and other at least nominally state-backed vanguards (who were encroaching on Chinese and Manchu territory already by the early 17th century) the vast Siberian frontier also became something of a traditional refuge for runaway serfs. The hand of Imperial authorities was light in the faraway corners of the realm and the locals tended to be more interested in what useful skills you had than asking stupid questions about where you came from...

last edited at Aug 29, 2019 4:28PM

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

I kinda expected this rushed story development before One got released since their previous project - Pets' Aesthetics gave me the warnings that it would just be same when the story looked very promising at first but eventually turned out that nothing could be considered as amazing plot. Not to mention the fact that both Team Gaji (mostly Alggumba - the writer) and Korean readers don't like Seju as much as Sungji and Sumin, since their taste is something fresh, innocent, pure, cute. So this really explains their impatience to write a good, realistic, proper ending for Seju x Won as they just can't wait to move onto Sumin x Sungji's happy life 3 years later and their next project as well.

Yup, from what I could tell, it's mainly only international readers that likes Seju the most. I guess foreigners like us, especially those from western countries, we tend to have a more liberal view, meaning we're more accepting and tolerant towards deeply flawed characters, so someone like Seju could be seen as a lot more interesting. While Sungji on the other hand, I've noticed folks that considered her to be a boring Mary Sue.

In the end, what broke my heart about WDTFS is that it created this incredibly heartfelt and complex relationship between Seju and Sumin, with all its beauty and sincerity and toxicity, and then promptly threw all of it in the garbage in favour of the most stereotypical romances ever. Making it super clear that the complex relationship development was accidental.

It’s like...so painful.

last edited at Aug 30, 2019 12:15PM

joined Apr 3, 2019

Are Seju and her Won Ah going to be eaten by sharks? I'm scared to read the next chapter.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Hey, maybe it's for the best xD

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Lol, now that would be an interesting twist. Wouldn't be surprised if the author did write a hurtful ending just to spite all those foreign fans who likes third wheeler Seju more than the main couple.

Sigh I dont know. Its possible the complex stuff in the main story was really an accident and they never thought about following through it. Maybe Sumin x Seju end game was actually considered halfway through the series but was scrapped since it may not be a very popular idea which the majority of readers would welcome. We may never know...

In any case, I'm gonna find it incredibly hard to motivate myself to read the last two side stories. Both Sangmi (Sumin's lawyer ex) and Dawoon (Sungji's friend) are minor characters at best whose role in the story werent so significant. As for Sumin and Sungji, unless theres a twist, theres nothing else to tell about this couple. Maybe out of the two, I might be a bit more interested in Sangmi x Dawoon since they're an unknown package that could turn out to be a hit or maybe not.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

In the end, what broke my heart about WDTFS is that it created this incredibly heartfelt and complex relationship between Seju and Sumin, with all its beauty and sincerity and toxicity, and then promptly threw all of it in the garbage in favour of the most stereotypical romances ever. Making it super clear that the complex relationship development was accidental.

In my darker moments I suspect that in the main story the authors just liked drawing Seju's tits, and things got out of hand.

(Not that there's anything innately wrong with that, but then you've got to have the courage of your convictions/obsessions.)

joined Feb 18, 2018

LOL that explains all the flashbacks. All about showing Seju's amazing bod.

About the 2 last stories, I would definitely be more into reading about Dawoon since I found her an interesting character. In fact, shockingly, I found her WAY more interesting than Dowon, and her whole story with Sungji, in my opinion, was much better executed than One. And probably the only time in the story when I actually found Sungji cool too since she was shown independently of Sumin.

As for the SuminxSungji story, I legit have no clue what it could possibly be about. A conflict at this point would feel forced. And Sumin giving her a ring and asking her to marry would honestly feel like spitting on the face of Seju's fans, since Seju is not being given that happy of an ending in comparison and would kinda feel like a betrayal of their promise when they were young. A bit like showing Sumin in an even worse light? Better to not show anything deep, just the 2 of them having tea lmao

last edited at Aug 31, 2019 5:54PM

joined Feb 18, 2018

Does anyone have links to the raws?

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Nope, the translated chapter will come out soon anyway. Tomorrow at the latest.

The next side story is Sumin x Sungji. Seems like they cancel the other planned story with Dawoon x Sangmi and want to focus on the main couple instead. Why am I not surprised lol...

joined Mar 21, 2017

They should just scrap everything and start on a new IP. Take what they've learnt from their mistakes through out this manwha and write a new story. They have the capacity to write a complicated story but they need to have it planned properly from the start without leaving parts of the plot feel unresolved etc.

last edited at Sep 6, 2019 10:49AM

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

The author did mention wanting to complete the side stories by end of this year, so its possible TG are thinking of starting a new series next year, hopefully on a platform that allows mature content. Honestly, even if they did make a new IP, I'm not expecting them to change the formula of the couples: the cold indifferent type and the puppy-like innocent one - a pattern we already seen in WDTFS, Pet's Aesthetic and this short story Green Forest. Who knows, they might surprise us with a deeply flawed couple who keeps butting heads with each other yet also make up to one another. But perhaps that's just wishful thinking.

last edited at Sep 6, 2019 11:19AM

joined Feb 18, 2018

The Green Forest story was just BAD. I mean, I didn't even understand why the girls liked each other. I would be fine if they continued Pet's Aesthetic, as long as it's on a platform for mature content. It was super hot.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Well, I liked it, lol. I have a feeling that TG just got tired of this side story. I even will go too far and say that maybe they created Seju this likeable despite her major flaws by accident. They could do so much more with One, but oh, well.
edit: On another thought this drama with fan translation is always tough topic, but the person who left link under author post sure doesn't thought well before doing.
And, not really interested in other side-stories. In completely new story – more likely.

last edited at Sep 7, 2019 4:54AM

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Well, a happy ending at long last for Seju after all the pain and suffering she had throughout the series. She has finally moved on from her past torment with Sumin + her family and can believe in the future with Won by her side. It was a sweet final chapter. Kind of disappointed it wasn't a long story and certain elements in the story wasn't satisfying, but it is what is. If I had to give a rating, probably 7/10.

Well, I liked it, lol. I have a feeling that TG just got tired of this side story. I even will go too far and say that maybe they created Seju this likeable despite her major flaws by accident. They could do so much more with One, but oh, well.
edit: On another thought this drama with fan translation is always tough topic, but the person who left link under author post sure doesn't thought well before doing.
And, not really interested in other side-stories. In completely new story – more likely.

I don't condone what these few idiots are doing... Why on earth would they think it's such a good idea to post the links under the author's tweet... I don't blame Alggumba for being angry about that, just not the way she's tarring the other foreign fans in the same brush.

I'm hoping this experience doesn't make her paranoid that she won't share any future work to international readers.

last edited at Sep 7, 2019 6:10AM

joined Feb 18, 2018

The last chapter was nice. Mostly because the art is so great and Seju and Won are so good looking, it's hard to not like it when they are just being sweet and talking to each other.

Art: 10/10
Plot: 5/10
Resolution of SuminxSeju: 1/10 (too unrealistic)
Do Won as a character: 0/10.

Won felt like Mary Sue from start to end, though at least she is not as bad as Sungji. She could have been a bodyguard or assassin for sure...it baffles me that after dropping the hints and creating the potential in the story, the author didn't take advantage of that angle to make Won stand out. Won and Sungji feel almost like interchangeable characters with minor differences.

I am still waiting for an adult manga that has problematic but realistic characters like Sumin and Seju solve their differences and end up together.

last edited at Sep 7, 2019 9:36AM

joined Jun 6, 2016

In fact, yes, Seju has magically fallen in love with Dowon. (Just wait, time will tell with the new chapters)

Okay... this series of wdtfs in term on plot or twist is so bland.. we know sumin would cheat on sungji, who end up with who, etc... it’s predictable, if people doesn’t forced what they want into the story.

The ending is better than sumin and sungji, at least they talk it out and not jump to sex.
Is it because of a better writing or because “sex” is more restricted now, so we got this? Whatever the case, I’m glad.

Yet again, I applause with the art and how they tell the story, it’s pretty, just like a movie scene in a drawing.

About the last note... hmm..... people needs to behave on the internet... posting an illegal link in an official site isn’t necessary.

Overall, it’s grade A yuri manhwa, but I don’t feel the hype though... doesn’t get any agony/rush for waiting of new chapters.

Will I read into their new story? Yes, it’s entertaining nevertheless

last edited at Sep 8, 2019 11:19AM

Could've done half the manga with a stencil

joined Apr 3, 2019

So, the characters in wdtfs can talk. I thought they would just make up right after making hot scenes under the water.

joined Feb 18, 2018

I feel whenever Won and Seju talked about their personal stories I actually got engaged in the story, but that didn’t happen often. The story really feels like it was somehow shortened, because the setup of 2 strangers in a hotel seems to convey it would be a slow burn. And if the story had been longer then the hotel could have more people working in there, which is much more realistic.

I wonder how much influence Kakao editors had on this mess.

joined Feb 18, 2018

New chapter is out. Man, this truly has become like the “Friends” of Yuri manga, the uber long series where nothing actually happens that you didn’t know would happen, and yet never seems to end because since you’ve read 123 chapters of it, might as well read one more. Lols

last edited at Sep 20, 2019 2:06PM

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Well, since I already come this far, I might as well see this last side story through to it's very end. Just sit back and enjoy the ride I guess.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Welp so looks like Sunhwa is dead and Sumin is disturbed about it. Maybe Sumin finally learns that she needs to make peace with people she cares about and talk it out before they disappear from her life forever, but I bet that's not what we are gonna get here. Rather it will be the typical "Sumin and Sungji get closer because Sungji will help Sumin through one more of her numerous life mistakes". Ew.

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

I really dont know where this last story is heading lol... another redemption story for midget to yet again get her act together and make things right? Or a heartbreaking story where she splits up with Sungji and decides to be alone?

Whatever it is, please TG. Just finish this story by the end of this year as promised and move onto the next project. Cant milk this series forever

joined Feb 18, 2018

I feel so sorry for Sungji, the girl takes so much crap seriously. It’s been 3 years and Sumin still doesn’t seem to be fully open with her. You know, that’s what happens when people have too much baggage to carry lol Baby dykes beware!

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Yup, here we go again. Sumin is facing another demon from her past and it's up to sweet angel Sungji yet again to rescue her from the darkness. How repetitive and boring. Poor Sunhwa. All those appearances in Paradise, and she was just a stepping stone for Sumin's character development. What a waste...

I'm not a huge fan of Sumin and this chapter certainly isnt helping me to see her in a positive light. If the author intention is to make readers sympathise with her and see her as a soft hearted kid who still cares about her friends, then its failing big time. Like wtf, she didnt give two shits about Sunhwa before, never bothered to contact her after they graduated or bring her up in any of her past conversations with Nammi. Are we suppose to feel bad for her now because all of the sudden she choose to give a shit about her best friend and is devastated by her passing? O_o

To reply you must either login or sign up.