Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

This series is milked to no end omg. Wonder if that call is going to be related to Won's ex now. I'm trying to be positive here, but really? Despite that sex scene being drawn pretty nicely I read it with a straight face. Really, I've gotten more excited over a kiss in other mangas than this here lol. And yeah, that constant Won-ah was rather cringey than anything else. You expect me to believe Seju has fallen so fast for a girl she doesn't know that long? It's kinda like they're shoving it to our face.
I would say that at least Dowon and Seju was better than Sumin and Sungji, but seems like the latter is starting to shake now.

last edited at Aug 15, 2019 11:43PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Which part of some recent chapters told you guys that Seju has fallen in love with Dowon though? I totally honestly dont see it? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL Why are you guys keeping on saying Seju has loved Dowon? LOLLLLLLLLL

All I can see is Seju IS trying to get over Sumin by getting closer to Dowon, clearly those sex scenes gave away that, lollll. No one cries while having sex with someone they love except maybe their partner is too good that makes him/her cry out of estacy, lolllllllllllllllll

It is true that pace is fast, lolllllllllllllll, but what do you expect? Write another story as long as WDTFS's main story? lollll. This is just side story, I dont have that kind of expectation. The fact that there are still more chapters about SejuxDowon after this and how they want to invest more to build their relationship is already a wonder to me, LOLLLLLLLLL, I thought this chapter would jump right to 3 or 5 years later and describe how they adapt each other after 5 years and also using that momentum to start the side story about SuminxSungji (5 years later side story)

It's also true that some scenes are anticlimactic, but well I dont expect them to write an awesome story about Seju anyway, at least they have efforts to give Seju happiness and some worthy moments with her mother. Story about Seju could've been ended when she left Seoul with loneliness and scarred heart anyway.

To me, there are two things they have currently achieved for this side story and Seju

• It is not easy for Seju to get over and forget Sumin completely. Sumin will always be there in Seju's heart and it will take time for Dowon to reach deep in Seju's heart no matter how many times they have sex. This is what I really like, Seju accepted everything and everyone around her, but that doesnt mean she has gotten over Sumin, lollllllll. The main story lacks of that since Sumin got over Seju like nobody's business is such a turn off, lolll.
  • Give Seju's closure about her mother and also give Seju's hopes for future with someone even though she herself are not even sure how long it will take for her to be completely happy.

What do you expect more about a side story? Some dramatic events to prolong the story to countless of chapters?

last edited at Aug 16, 2019 12:26AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I at least expected (hoping) that they would know when to stop? Like ok, we had the happy ending last chapter. Now they're dragging this more? It gets to a point of it being annoying.

Also saying that Seju was crying over Sumin is a bit baseless, unless we actually have proof. They tried so hard making Seju over Sumin all these chapters. They didn't even talk to each other in that company speaking.
According to this whole development of the story, Seju was more than likely crying about how nice it felt for someone to treat her this nicely. Won-ah is a very endearing way to call her, so it's safe to say she's already very fond of her.

Also In case they start with the Sumin thing again, this will be a way worse development at this point.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

At this point I think the possibility that indicates “less terrible writing” is that Seju is indeed totally over Sumin, as apparently shown in the Seoul chapter, and that she was crying because she is being treated nicely.

It just feels extremely out of place because it was so fast, in a disjointed manner — like, Seju and Won still seemed very distant just before the crazy bro situation, with Seju having flashbacks of Sumin during sex and whatnot; cut to drama; Seju totally changes behaviour in a week; and now she likes Won a lot?

Also Won has literally zero personality development at this point. She makes all the criticism about Sungji lacking development seem like nitpicking in comparison.

joined Feb 18, 2018

I at least expected (hoping) that they would know when to stop? Like ok, we had the happy ending last chapter. Now they're dragging this more? It gets to a point of it being annoying.

LOL same. They need to forget about this shitty side story and move on, it’s already a bad mark on their track record.

Also saying that Seju was crying over Sumin is a bit baseless, unless we actually have proof. They tried so hard making Seju over Sumin all these chapters. They didn't even talk to each other in that company speaking.
According to this whole development of the story, Seju was more than likely crying about how nice it felt for someone to treat her this nicely. Won-ah is a very endearing way to call her, so it's safe to say she's already very fond of her.

Also In case they start with the Sumin thing again, this will be a way worse development at this point.

The makeout scene sucked tbh. Again I am not sure why they jump straight to sexy scenes when this time they cannot even show it fully; why instead not spend a chapter with them getting to know each other? Lol why are Seju and Sumin the only couple with romantic dialogue conversations in this story, getting to know each other, while the other 2 say hi and have sex and we are supposed to just go along with it like that’s love? Lolll

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

Lol seems like some failed to see that Team Gaji indicates Seju is the one who has been trying so hard to use sex to escape from reality (which is a toxic method she had been doing with Sumin for these 10 years) and also run away from the pain she got after knowing the truth about her mother's death. First time is Sumin, now it's her mother or might even be because she was touched for being treated nicely. Meanwhile Won is the one who is showing her sex is not a way to erase or hide your pain. So that from now on they will learn how to love and be loved in a right away, and just take it slow. Don't push yourself so hard for something out of reach. It's just as simple as that...

last edited at Aug 16, 2019 2:45AM

joined Dec 9, 2014

Lol seems like some failed to see that Team Gaji indicates Seju is the one who has been trying so hard to use sex to escape from reality (which is a toxic method she had been doing with Sumin for these 10 years) and also run away from the pain she got after knowing the truth about her mother's death. First time is Sumin, now it's her mother or might even be because she was touched for being treated nicely. Meanwhile Won is the one who is showing her sex is not a way to erase or hide your pain. So that from now on they will learn how to love and be loved in a right away, and just take it slow. Don't push yourself so hard for something out of reach. It's just as simple as that...

How does this contradict the fact that the series has been dragged, or that maybe some people are not much into the Won x Seju development?

joined Apr 3, 2019

This series is milked to no end omg. Wonder if that call is going to be related to Won's ex now.

If this story were longer, I would want it to be a call from someone informing about Dowon's parents' death. Just wanna see if Seju has learned something.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Well but Won is not showing her anything, given that rather than — god forbid — talking/spending time together, they did go straight to sex for a 2nd time lol I don’t think Team GJ is thinking so hard about the story tbh

joined Feb 18, 2018

This series is milked to no end omg. Wonder if that call is going to be related to Won's ex now.

If this story were longer, I would want it to be a call from someone informing about Dowon's parents' death. Just wanna see if Seju has learned something.

Oh jeez that’s like extreme Deus Ex Machina. It’s probably a call telling her Won was hired by her bro. It’s unfortunate, I thought Won was going to be an assassin and have a lot of scenes related to that :( it was my height of hopes for the story

joined Apr 3, 2019

Oh jeez that’s like extreme Deus Ex Machina. It’s probably a call telling her Won was hired by her bro.

Since they called at night time, I would guess it's about something more serious.

It’s unfortunate, I thought Won was going to be an assassin and have a lot of scenes related to that :( it was my height of hopes for the story

Dowon is kinda a helpless character imo. At first, I found her boring since she was like Sungji 2.0. Now, I find her pitiful since it seems she is just another young Sumin.

joined Jun 6, 2016

I think fans need to stop their delusional theories and accept the fact that wdtfs author doesn’t plan a “complex/meaningful/mature” storyline since the beginning , it’s more enjoyable that way lol.

Afterall it has been proven WRONG so many times. Just like the red gloves, fans create something out from nothing. The author went to the most predictable road , enjoy the art and that racy sex....

In fact, yes, Seju has magically fallen in love with Dowon. (Just wait, time will tell with the new chapters) unfortunately, I still hope I’m wrong...

last edited at Aug 20, 2019 9:35AM

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

I wouldn't go as far as saying Seju has fallen in love with Wonnie. As a matter of fact, I'm not quite sure what to define their current relationship. A master and her pet? Convenient sex partners? Whatever it is, they don't seem to behave anything like lovers just yet.

What's pretty clear to me is, Seju's the one who has the control of their relationship, which isn't such a good thing given how her past relationship with Sumin turned out when she dictated how everything goes and prioritized her own needs. If she doesn't want to repeat the same mistake, she should learn how to be more considerate of her partner's feelings and be willing to compromise. As for Won, she's such a kind and understanding person, but it's a tad frustrating seeing her being too passive. The girl does need to be more assertive (saying no sometimes) instead of allowing Seju doing whatever she wants (unless she happened to be a masochist who enjoys being used lol). Even Sungjil wasn't a complete pushover, as she doesn't take Sumin's BS all the time and was capable of being mad at her.

joined Feb 18, 2018

lol eikichi you are overthinking this. Isn't it clear yet? The message from Team GJ has always been that True Love(tm) is the teenager-type love where the person "just right for you" is right because they "accept you completely" (aka being a lame pushover). Look no further than Sungji.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Oh jeez that’s like extreme Deus Ex Machina. It’s probably a call telling her Won was hired by her bro.

Since they called at night time, I would guess it's about something more serious.

It’s unfortunate, I thought Won was going to be an assassin and have a lot of scenes related to that :( it was my height of hopes for the story

Dowon is kinda a helpless character imo. At first, I found her boring since she was like Sungji 2.0. Now, I find her pitiful since it seems she is just another young Sumin.

Are you saying young Sumin, Sungji and now Dowon are NOT the same person? They seem exactly the same to me lol As I said in a previous post, Team GJ has only 2 characters in their stories, Nice (Pushover) Girl and Cold (Mean) Girl.

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Well, as a wise person told me once, it's best not to take anything for granted. You'll be much less disappointed that way. I honestly don't know exactly how this story's gonna pan out and how the characters are going to be when it finally ends. It could be a happy ending or another bittersweet one. Who knows...

joined Dec 9, 2014

Well we never know how the story will go, but after 120 chapters I think there's a clear pattern. I really don't expect anything very interesting happening between this couple.
We already have the sex chapters. Just like Sumin and Sungji, where they just ended up being cute and giving fanservice. This is what I ultimately expect from Seju and Won too. And they're already showing the signs of heading to that direction. Aka, their romance developed very fast and we already have sex scenes between them.

On the other hand, there was only one chapter of Seju dealing with her brother (killing him) and that resolved way too fast. Also Seju learning about her mom, that was also resolved really fast. That shows me that the authors are not focused too much on the making something out of these situations (where that was a good opportunity to see Seju and Won bonding), yet we get a full chapter of sex.

joined Apr 3, 2019

Are you saying young Sumin, Sungji and now Dowon are NOT the same person? They seem exactly the same to me lol As I said in a previous post, Team GJ has only 2 characters in their stories, Nice (Pushover) Girl and Cold (Mean) Girl.

Sungji and young Sumin are different imo. One is childish, boring and stupid. The other is innocent, pitiful and soft-hearted. I don't think we can write the same "Paradise" story with Seju x Sungji.

joined Jun 6, 2016

We’re debating in circle, lol

out of all characters of wdtfs, what’s your ranking in the girls?

Me:
1. Seju
2. Sumin
3. Sungji
4. The grey hair who like sungji, and the childhood friend who like sumin
5. The blue hair who like sumin, nami?
6. The ceo latest chapter
7. White hair ex girlfriend
8. The assassin short hair who tried to kill seju & the red haired girl
9. Dowon
10. The glasses girl

last edited at Aug 21, 2019 1:43PM

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

People are free to write out theories or the storytelling they want it to be no matter how logical, rational, irrational, or even nonsense they are.
My ranking:
1. Won
2. Seju
3. Seju's mom
4. Purple haired CEO
5. Seju's brother - Sehyun
6. Nammi
7. Sunhwa

joined Feb 18, 2018
  1. Seju: marriage material but the type to fight a lot
  2. Sunhwa (she actually had more backbone than Sungji and Won combined — the irony): standard marriage material
  3. Sungji’s childhood friend; chill gal with a personality, also marriage material
  4. Sumin as an adult: bitchy, indecisive and hot, great for a rollercoaster relationship but would marry only if ok with being blamed for every problem in the relationship
  5. Nami: the awesome friend you pair up with to go pick up girls at clubs and hook up with if neither of you scored that night
  6. CEO girl: great as friends with benefits that you have intellectual convos with and can introduce you to more hot successful girls

Everybody else I would pass.

last edited at Aug 21, 2019 11:37PM

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Hell, why not :P

1. Seju: Very successful businesswoman, who will love and cling onto you with a passion like no other. On top of that, she has quite the sexually attractive body with those F cups of hers. Good choice for a wife and sugar mama :)

2. Won: A kind and an understanding gal who's patient, loyal and obedient to those she serves. She has the awareness to sense you're not feeling fine and will fiercely protect you the moment you're in danger. Young, beautiful with a healthy tanned complexion and a lean muscular body befitting a world-class athlete.

3. Sungji: Another kind and an understanding gal who will selflessly comfort you when you're feeling down and respect your boundaries. Also young and beautiful but with an average body. Tends to be naive and childish, but that's the part of what makes her adorable :P

4. Dawoon: Easy-going personality, seems like the kind of chill person you would like to hang out for a drink. Plus she can cook some fancy French dishes.

5. Burblehead CEO aka Wonwuri: Like Seju, she happens to be a very successful businesswoman. An intelligent type, who'll you appreciate spending quality time with as she's capable of holding interesting conversations.

6. Glasses doctor: What more is there to say? She's a hot doctor who can heal you however you like :P

7. Sumin: A grumpy runt who doesn't make a good first impression with her bossy and standoffish attitude. It takes a while for her to warm up to you and she can show her kind side now and then. Nonetheless, she does have a habit of taking you for granted. Above all, you best pray you don't ever wrong her one day as she's capable of being quite vindictive.

8. Nammi: Despite her seemingly friendly and caring personality, she's actually a sly person who enjoys messing around others for her own amusement. If you're after a casual relationship with no strings attached, she'll make a decent sex partner. However, for a serious and committed relationship, she's not a trustworthy and reliable character.

Of course, this list could be subject to change if and when Won's ex (unofficially named as Hunhwa) finally appears in the story.

last edited at Aug 22, 2019 11:50AM

joined May 6, 2018
  1. Seju: I put her on top of my list because she's my favourite character for so many reasons. This woman would definitely be wife material if you can help her change for better and take control of her in some cases.
  2. Won: a girl who can stay true to her kind color even when it seems the whole world has rarely treated her kindly. Strong, calm, restrained, harmless, and doesn't seem to take advantage of anyone or anything.
  3. Sunhwa: she might be childish when dealing with her feelings for Sumin back in schooldays but I prefer her to many other characters and have a feeling that she has become much more mature now, so I would like to see more of her story in the future if there is a chance.
  4. Purplehead CEO: seems like an intelligent businesswoman just like Seju, outgoing and cheerful. I'll be able to engage in some interesting conversations and get to know valuable knowledge from her sometimes.
  5. Sungji: Like purplehead one, hanging out for shopping or for a coffee talk with a beautiful friend like Sungji at weekends would be exciting. And also like Sunhwa, Sungji is more mature than she looks so it'll be fine to ask her for some advice on daily problems.

last edited at Aug 22, 2019 12:15PM

joined Apr 3, 2019
  1. Sumin is kind of realistic, and a kind of person I'm familiar with.
  2. Seju is good sugar mommy material. Let's try to deal with her for financial reason. The other characters are a little too fictional. Can't rank them.
joined Mar 21, 2017
  1. Ponpon the dog or whatever it's name was.

To reply you must either login or sign up.