Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

If you look at what Shizuka was up to with Mio from the very beginning (I started re-reading the series from the start recently) she not only doesn't lose any to Kaoru in the seductress departement but also actually goes much further onscreen. This has made me idly wonder who's actually been absorbing mannerisms from whom between the two of them, not that it was particularly important story-wise.

joined Apr 6, 2019

I had the feeling that Shisuka was a bit off from the second volume: I realized that she was the only character that wasn't blushing even in the most extreme situations. Expecially here https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch40#4
the face that she was making made me super unconfortable. Then, When we meet Kaoru and her together, I saw her blushing for real for the first time and that broke my heart. Then I started denial. Then I realized Shizuka was doing the same. Practically, I think she likes Mio, but it mostly looks like she's trying her best to "forget" or go over Kaoru using Mio. It's also clear that she won't ever go back with her, and she is really doing her best, and that's what makes me hurt the most. There isn't actually anyone "bad". There's no one to be guilty. We know we can't even think about Kaoru as bad. But Mask-senpai is the evidence, for Shizuka, that she was right all along to think that their feelings weren't of the same strenght. Even though she was always told she was her number one, she didn't feel like that because Kaoru seemed disinterested in how her behaviour made her feel (she wasn't oper to dialoge nor try to compromise).
In my opinion, Shizuka feels angry with herself, not with Kaoru, for being hurt so much and not being able to go on.

I think your analysis is spot on.
Psychologically, it's solid and sound; and from a narrative perspective, it fits all the facts and explains them in a coherent fashion.

I agree: there are no "bad guy" characters in this manga; all of them are nice girls struggling with complicated feelings, sometimes forced to make difficult decisions and often way over their heads, that's all.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

random posted:

If you look at what Shizuka was up to with Mio from the very beginning (I started re-reading the series from the start recently) she not only doesn't lose any to Kaoru in the seductress departement but also actually goes much further onscreen. This has made me idly wonder who's actually been absorbing mannerisms from whom between the two of them, not that it was particularly important story-wise.

If you check, you see that Shizuka was actually a bottom when she was with Kaoru. In the Scanlating group we were talking about the possibility that Shizuka was actually copying Kaoru's behaviour to seduce Mio. Also in the pool scene from here on https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch68#7 you see that Kaoru has gone quite further. It still makes my heart hurt to see how much she's blushing...

joined Jul 26, 2019

In a sense today even kaoru wants shizuka to really fall in love with someone else and hopes that she will do it with mio.
What could help her is that kaoru is really a "serious" relationship with another girl because as long as kaoru is just flirting, shizuka still has hope.

joined Jun 28, 2018

Mari kissing that bite mark on her shoulder was so, so, so goddamn cute. Her demeanor and expression makes it so obvious how much she actually loves and cares for You and it's fantastic. I absolutely love this damn manga and I'm kinda pissed at myself for not reading through it sooner.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

DerMetzger posted:

Mari kissing that bite mark on her shoulder was so, so, so goddamn cute. Her demeanor and expression makes it so obvious how much she actually loves and cares for You and it's fantastic. I absolutely love this damn manga and I'm kinda pissed at myself for not reading through it sooner.

Mari is thirsty but Yuu is a closet lesbian :/
Okay saying it better, I think Yuu is insecure of Mari's feelings, in the way that she likes her just because she likes to top her.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Also, there're some chapters to be uploaded (seven I think?)

joined Jul 26, 2016

Yuu is insecure about a lot of things. Mari's working to gradually fix some of that, starting with her sociability issues.

It's probably noteworthy that whenever Mari gets insistent about such things Yuu will more or less without fail give in (after due griping and heel-dragging natch) - indicating she fundamentally trusts Mari's better judgement on what's good for her and will defer to it.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Doctor_Hoot posted:

I had the feeling that Shisuka was a bit off from the second volume: I realized that she was the only character that wasn't blushing even in the most extreme situations. Expecially here https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch40#4
the face that she was making made me super unconfortable. Then, When we meet Kaoru and her together, I saw her blushing for real for the first time and that broke my heart. Then I started denial. Then I realized Shizuka was doing the same. Practically, I think she likes Mio, but it mostly looks like she's trying her best to "forget" or go over Kaoru using Mio. It's also clear that she won't ever go back with her, and she is really doing her best, and that's what makes me hurt the most. There isn't actually anyone "bad". There's no one to be guilty. We know we can't even think about Kaoru as bad. But Mask-senpai is the evidence, for Shizuka, that she was right all along to think that their feelings weren't of the same strenght. Even though she was always told she was her number one, she didn't feel like that because Kaoru seemed disinterested in how her behaviour made her feel (she wasn't oper to dialoge nor try to compromise).
In my opinion, Shizuka feels angry with herself, not with Kaoru, for being hurt so much and not being able to go on.

I agree that there is no cartoon villain in the story, but damn, that's some hardcore wishful thing there. Like yeah, hmmm, do I starve myself until my girlfriend takes me back, or not? Such a difficult choice. They're all just innocent little puppies with no agency of their own, aren't they?

I don't understand. Abusive relationships exist and are not based on agency but insecurities and a sense of attachment such frail that the person would feel an enormous threat with the abandonment of the partner. Shizuka was strong enough not give in to such extreme behaviour, but she's still having a hard time letting go of her first love. In my opinion, Shizuka is the most realistic character in the whole manga.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

So, we have uploaded other 7 chapters (7 days ago, but they're still not here yet), for the next ones we'll take some more days due to some vacations (but some Chads are still working on them). We'll be back soon!

last edited at Aug 24, 2019 12:15PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Thank you very much Chads! these releases were amazing

Ohh Shizuka's relationship with Kaoru is still really complicated but I'm hoping to see both of them going their own way with someone else to be truly happy(Mio/Mask senpai) 'cuz together it's just not going to work anymore

joined Jul 26, 2019

So, we have uploaded other 7 chapters (7 days ago, but they're still not here yet), for the next ones we'll take some more days due to some vacations (but some Chads are still working on them). We'll be back soon!

Thank you very much !

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

New chapters out!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Shizuka down fucked up now. "I've gone over you, i have Mio now". All that for getting jealous when your ex found love and asking her what the new girl had more than you. Man since Kaoru have her eyes on Mask-senpai, Shizuka is uber jealous for no reasons. Really hope Mio don't forgive her too quickly, what Shizuka have done is really stupid. You don't get jealous for your ex if you really love the girl you're going out right now

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yes! a little more of Nao hahaha, the student council makes an interesting trio. Thanks! Also the yaoi and fujoshi antics are great hahahaha.
Also RIP Mio... Not only she found out the truth, she also found out what Shizuka REALLY thinks about her... Seriously, "forced" into a date... I don't think she deserves a second chance.

But I don't get it Dynasty... We're over 10 chapters behind of release here! You know the worse part about that? is that people won't comment individual chapters, they will read all of them once they appear and make a very short impression or just comment the one with the most impact, that sucks imo, because each chapter is really nice, is even worse if when is updated not all of them appear in the front page (and I'm not talking about Recently added), some people might get the wrong impression and only read the last 2 and it's gonna be a mess!

last edited at Sep 2, 2019 10:14AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Also RIP Mio... Not only she found out the truth, she also found out what Shizuka REALLY thinks about her... Seriously, "forced" into a date... I don't think she deserves a second chance.

TBH I doubt Shizuka actually meant or thinks that; she's just panicking and desperately trying to get Kaoru back by ANY means, in this case the crude expedient of throwing Mio under the bus. Which Kaoru unsurprisingly No Sells in its entirety - aside from the fact that Shizuka's never been able to convincingly BS her in the first place she's very much the wrong kind of personality to use those kinds of backbiting tactics on anyway. Way to dig your own grave for nothing, Shiz.

Also, Dynasty forums: now with more black bars than dubiously censored hentai! :v

last edited at Sep 2, 2019 11:40AM

joined Sep 7, 2018

But I don't get it Dynasty... We're over 10 chapters behind of release here! You know the worse part about that? is that people won't comment individual chapters, they will read all of them once they appear and make a very short impression or just comment the one with the most impact, that sucks imo, because each chapter is really nice, is even worse if when is updated not all of them appear in the front page (and I'm not talking about Recently added), some people might get the wrong impression and only read the last 2 and it's gonna be a mess!

That's exactly what i have been thinking this whole time.!!
Every chapter is amazing but people just end up discussing one or two of them:/

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yuri Lover99 posted:

That's exactly what i have been thinking this whole time.!!
Every chapter is amazing but people just end up discussing one or two of them:/

Yeah it's actually pretty frustrating... we're mostly doing this work to share both the manga (which is amazing) and opinions about the chapters. In our group we're talking a lot about them, but even just the fact that they're not even on dynasty and passed so much time doesn't make me really that happy. We're also taking a good speed not to make people wait because we know how it feels, but it's just how it's ending up.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

random posted:

TBH I doubt Shizuka actually meant or thinks that; she's just panicking and desperately trying to get Kaoru back by ANY means, in this case the crude expedient of throwing Mio under the bus. Which Kaoru unsurprisingly No Sells in its entirety - aside from the fact that Shizuka's never been able to convincingly BS her in the first place she's very much the wrong kind of personality to use those kinds of backbiting tactics on anyway. Way to dig your own grave for nothing, Shiz.

Also, Dynasty forums: now with more black bars than dubiously censored hentai! :v

I would like to remark that I think that the forcefull invitation refers mostly, in my opinion, on the fact that it was really formal, meaning that she wold likely confess in a pretty strict way, the "japanese" way.
Also Shizuka said many times she wouldn't go back with Kaoru, she just wants to understan what she's for her. In my opinion she realized that she was never special and her testing weather she's jaelous it directed to that"

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yeah this significant upload lag really just murders any ability to discuss the chapters here.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

New chapters out!

Yay, thank you so much! (≧∇≦)

Edit: Also, I see you decided by yourselves to label 143 with a "Depressing as fuck" tag. Good job! Dynasty taggers will be happy that you saved them some work, hehe. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edit 2: Did you know? You can't cover Dynasty tags with black bars for spoiler hiding. I had to re-edit my previous edit because "Depressing as fuck" (which I first put between ``) was out in the light.

last edited at Sep 3, 2019 2:19PM

joined Apr 6, 2019

Did you know? You can't cover Dynasty tags with black bars for spoiler hiding. I had to re-edit my previous edit because "Depressing as fuck" (which I first put between ``) was out in the light.

Tags pwns Spoilers. :)

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Hey guys, really sorry to have failed you. We'll do our best to improve for the next releases..!

last edited at Sep 3, 2019 3:13PM

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Thank you for the uploading!

last edited at Sep 3, 2019 3:22PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.