Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

10455963_830638436992044_5645511050433336598_n
joined Jun 27, 2019

I would like to see sister of Yuu, teasing her for "sleepover", and what would she say.

Ahhh!!! Yes, I'd like to see that too! And maybe some heart-to-heart talk between the sisters about relationships and stuff.

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

My heart is burstingg!!!!!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Off-topic nonsense from Svitak, BugDevil, and BD has been deleted.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Guys....eggs.
There's nothing but eggs.

How the fuck did I forget to comment on that egg part?!

OK here it goes:

breaths in
Did Nakatani use that "Nothing but eggs" scene to force in a joke or something?

Eggs, an uncommon yuri motif?

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Eggs, an uncommon yuri motif?

hnn.. not sure about yuri in particular, but dream interpretation has stuff like this to say about eggs:
"Eggs are showing us the possibilities and the potential we have in life; we only need to confront and defeat the fears which might arise. Eggs are also a symbol of our spiritual development, as well as progress and changes in life. [...] If you dreamed about eggs, your dream might symbolize conception, creation, the start of something new, as well as your growth potential."

...since we can rule out pregnancy, it's safe to assume this refers to the prospect of change... and by the amount of eggs, Yuu's subconscious is expecting a lot of change.

As for the (indoor) rain, dream interpratation has the following to say:

"A rain in a dream might also indicate the need to communicate something. If you dreamed about a strong pouring rain, maybe it is a sign of your conscious spiritual growth."
Rain in dreams itself may also hint to negative aspects in one's life (such as depression)...

Since Yuu was not caught in the rain, but just noticed it (and somehow the kitchen was "outside" and they went out where there was presumably no rain), there's also this:
"If you were inside an object watching the rain, such a dream might indicate not allowing yourself to feel your emotions fully. It might also indicate expecting some difficulties in the near future."

((Additionally, hopefully catching the "indoor" aspect of that rain:
"Dreaming of leaking ceiling can carry a very strong symbolism for a dreamer, and it means the dreamer is entering a new phase of life."
and
"Another symbolic aspect of the dreaming of leaking ceiling represents the room in which one the leaking started as a body, while the ceiling represents the head. In other words – your head is full of many thoughts and you can’t handle it all that those things that are suppressing you start with coming out without you having control over them.
The sleeping room represents relationships, the living room symbolizes the heart and the kitchen represents the style of life."

And for completion, I might as well add the open door:
"As far as symbolism of this dream goes, we can say that the metaphor of an open door is this – you are the person who is finally ready to completely “meet” and change yourself, as well as to find more time and patience for people who are close and dear to you, and which in a way and neglected, because you are preoccupied with your obligations.
Alternatively, this dream is a symbol of family support. They do not want to hide you in life and agree with most of the decisions you make."))

Of course, all these dream interpretations here are just snipplets, there are various interpretations and I may have cherry-picked the ones I found most relevant to the story (...e.g. I left those out that hinted at the loss/death of a dear person, job opportunities / dificulties, physical health implications and financial wealth prospects), but I'd say Nakatani did her homework for this one :)

Tl;dr: Yuu's overwhelmed by the changes in her (love) life, there are some odds/fears she has to overcome yet, mainly by communicating her desires (and possibly coming out to her peers and family) and will grow or already is growing spiritually/emotionally for it.

last edited at Jul 31, 2019 12:04PM

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Now, knowing all that, I might try an attempt at construing that dream:

Yuu's comfortably sitting where she is (calmly 'living' with Touko). Touko has a request / desire, presented by her claiming to be hungry (tho, we all know she's actually plagued by thirst...).
Yuu agrees it's time to fullfill said desire, but only finds an overwhelming amount of eggs (change). Touko wonders if they should still move on (trying to consume their..."food"?), pointing out the rain (overflow of thoughts that need to be communicated) in the kitchen (concerning her/their life style?) - which Yuu contemplates was being "outside" (her thoughts and worries are maybe not quite formed yet, and her watching it, as a sort of difficulty to come, also not part of their one-on-one relationship but literal outside influences/odds). Touko then holds the door open (new opportunities await), offering Yuu an alternative (way of looking at things) which they together go through...

...to sum it up, Yuu knows Touko wants to shag move on with their relationship, and Yuu wants that too, but that leads to change and a lot of things Yuu has to confront, but despite or for the time being ignoring that, as long it's with Touko (taking the lead), Yuu happily moves on with her.

Sounds good? Anyone else?

/walloftext.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ I’d add the dream trope of inside/outside ambiguity is very common (certainly in my own dreams).

Jung (rather out of fashion these days, but an important thinker on dreams) always said that elements of dreams might have common suggestions, but their actual meanings were specific to the individual dreamer’s situation, so a trope that might have one significance at one point might have the exact opposite meaning at another time of life, or have a positive charge for one person and a negative one for someone else.

(All that said, I don’t think you can ever completely separate “eggs” from “fertility” at a symbolic level, for whatever that’s worth.)

The surface level of this dream is of course quite interesting—an imagined domestic future with Touko.

joined Jun 8, 2019

Aaaahhhh~ my heart isn't ready :3

joined Nov 5, 2017

I like how Yuu is is using the book cover even in the dream. It's all about the little details~

joined Apr 23, 2019

I would like to see sister of Yuu, teasing her for "sleepover", and what would she say.

Ahhh!!! Yes, I'd like to see that too! And maybe some heart-to-heart talk between the sisters about relationships and stuff.

Exactly. I was imagining her giving Yuu a ride to destination "Touko-heaven". And talk to Yuu to encourage her, after little bit of teasing, and Yuu blushing. :)
And then I would fall in love with sister, having hearts in my eyes...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Exactly. I was imagining her giving Yuu a ride to destination "Touko-heaven". And talk to Yuu to encourage her, after little bit of teasing, and Yuu blushing. :)

No luck for you, Rei have already a BF.

joined Apr 23, 2019

No shit! Really????

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

No shit! Really????

Did you really read the manga or you just read the last chapters ? Hiro as been introduced in chapter 9 https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch09#9.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Honestly, all I thought when she saw only eggs there was "ah, because they're both girls..."

Which, now that I think about it, brings to mind another important question. Would the kitchen being out in the rain make this a wet dream, then? ;)

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Honestly, all I thought when she saw only eggs there was "ah, because they're both girls..."

Which, now that I think about it, brings to mind another important question. Would the kitchen being out in the rain make this a wet dream, then? ;)

Why do you need to make this even more suggestive than I have?

joined Apr 23, 2019

No shit! Really????

Did you really read the manga or you just read the last chapters ? Hiro as been introduced in chapter 9 https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch09#9.

Of course I knew for her boyfriend. I was sarcastic because you spoke like I'm expecting to have serious relationship with Rei from manga.
Oh, yeah, I'm so disappointed...

Btw, why do you think it's forbidden to fall in love with someone who is already in relationship?
I would say is not desirable to fall in love with someone taken or to act upon it, being potential home-wrecker , but having platonic feelings to them is fine.
I don't see issues here, when you said Rei already has a BF, it does not mean someone else could not fall in love with her (only without expectations), when couple is made for each other it's forbidden to interfere between them, anyhow. But I wish to know why you react so mean to falling in love with someone already taken? It's not sexual desire, to love someone. There are many kinds of love.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

But I wish to know why you react so mean to falling in love with someone already taken? It's not sexual desire, to love someone. There are many kinds of love.

I was sarcastic too btw.

joined Apr 23, 2019

But I wish to know why you react so mean to falling in love with someone already taken? It's not sexual desire, to love someone. There are many kinds of love.

I was sarcastic too btw.

Why?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Is that really necessry to discuss that ?

joined Apr 23, 2019

Then stop interfering when I speak about this manga with someone else.
I won't discuss your private issues with me here
Bye.

last edited at Jul 31, 2019 4:20PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Someone doesn't seem to quite understand how public discussion forums work...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

There is no private matter here, i answer with irony to your sarcasm and you are suddendly mad for no reason.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Lilliwyt and Svitac, please stop, I don't wanna see either of you banned... laying begging

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Yuu is very pure.

Pure gay
Pure lust

It's absurd to think that having sex is somehow impure. I guess eating would also be impure then. Might as well starve.

Jeeeeez. Way to overthink a commonly used phrase. When someone is naive or not very knowledgable about dirty things you call them pure.

I'm kinda late, but...

ahem

You certainly are, because that page was already mentioned. Read the whole convo first.

And she wouldn't call herself "naughty" in this chapter if all she wanted was cuddle, something pretty innocent, I think.

Actually yes, that is literally what happened. That's how you know she is still innocent. She considers that kind of forward thing "naughty".

Sorry to burst your innocence bubble but Yuu was thinking about doing the deed on this scene lol

It's a bit strange Yuu wanted to call Touko by her name in chapter 41 and indeed does it occasionally (when she isn't saying just "senpai") but keeps calling her Nanami-senpai in her mind. Gotta wonder if Nakatani has a reason for this or just sees it as something perfectly normal so far.

Yeah I asked the same thing last chapter. It's definitely an odd little detail. I wonderd if Yuu was not quite ready to accept that they are girlfriends yet, buuuut... I mean Yuu called Touko her girlfriend about 5 times this chapter I so I was wrong lol

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Lilliwyt and Svitac, please stop, I don't wanna see either of you banned... laying begging

I did nothing more than answer a sarcasm with a fact within the subject.

Althought i want to know who is gonna top who ? Touko seem to have take the lead of the top position with this scheme.

last edited at Jul 31, 2019 5:02PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.