Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Holy smoke, that reveal in the latest chapter!

So as it turns out, Seju's mother was actually murdered by that asshole brother!

last edited at Jul 15, 2019 7:51PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

So as it turns out, Seju's mother was actually murdered by that asshole brother!

The one that gave Sumin the horrible scar up her arm? Cuz I mean, really, most of the brothers have shown themselves to be various flavors of asshole....

last edited at Jul 15, 2019 8:23PM

joined Apr 3, 2019

Did I ever say I list out all the reasons for anyone to like Dowon? I only gave proofs why Seju is interested in her, all the little things have happened in the story that other folks point out, not my feelings for anything.

Also, all the possibilities that Dowon is acting/ playing games with Seju/ or even the assassin in disguise that want to kill her lol have come across my mind, BUT, these aren't related to the reasons why Seju finds her attractive at all. I hope you understand that :)

I think if we could find Dowon likable / trustworthy enough, we would find it believable as to why Seju couldn't resist it. I thought you tried to justify Seju's action this way, but you just wanted to tell what the story was telling. The author said so, so that's it.

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

The one that gave Sumin the horrible scar up her arm? Cuz I mean, really, most of the brothers have shown themselves to be various flavors of asshole....

No, It isn't Saehyun (the brother who gave Sumin the scars on her arms). It's the 3rd oldest brother (whose name is still unknown) that Seju met up during the family meeting in ch71. He's probably the one, who also hired that female assassin to strangle Seju in ch76 in order to teach her a lesson

last edited at Jul 15, 2019 8:33PM

joined Jul 13, 2019

Also, a random thought, but this series would also have worked as a dating sim game ahaha. Where Sungji or Sumin can play as the main and can choose which path they can go into. I would also have loved the idea of a Seju-Sungji route lol. Maybe then the family drama would be in place...

Idk I’m just weird like that.

Nah you’re not weird, I would have loved that too actually lol.

joined Jul 13, 2019

Lol I came to put a positive comment about the manhwa here, but I see these childish people duking it out for hundreds of pages haha. Bye~

joined Apr 3, 2019

Has the brother gotten poorer or something? Instead of hiring an assassin, he came by himself to murder Seju. I know the author had to let us know who killed Seju's mom, but that's kinda funny.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Storytelling downhill from here. So Seju's siblings, who are all filthy rich, bother themselves with committing crimes by their own hand rather than hiring people to do it? Because I actually thought Saehyun had hired people to beat up/scar Sumin and showed up only at the end to deliver the message...but clearly no one cares about being arrested or any type of scandal here lol. The dude literally was holding the rope with his own bare hands rather than at least using gloves (!). Then walks off as if nothing happened lmao

Also, what did he mean by "It's been 4 years"? At least we know who killed her mom I guess...

RIP WDTFS, good while it lasted.

last edited at Jul 15, 2019 9:53PM

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Eh, I think it was ok. Rushed and weaker - yes. I didn’t want to see this assassin and family drama from the start, lol. And now it’s two combined. I hope this will be getting over soon and Seju’s brother who was involved with her mom do the revenge thing. Team Gaji do love to torture Seju, lol.

joined Apr 3, 2019

I'm wondering why the author didn't develop Seju x Dowon relationship from here first rather than going straight to Seju trusting / opening up to Dowon. Is it because the author had to give fans fan services asap.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Lol I came to put a positive comment about the manhwa here, but I see these childish people duking it out for hundreds of pages haha. Bye~

Same here. I came to talk about the big reveal, but whoa, there are people in this thread who are even more quarrelsome than the anti-Incest or anti-Age gap campaigners. I'll simply see myself to the door...

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

But Team Gaji do develop relationships between Do Won and Baek Seju, it’s not the end. It’s just I want more of that then tying up what was hinted in main story about mother, murder and Seju’s mad family. And its shame that people didn’t want to leave positive comments after quarrel above, I’d love to see them. But it's understandable, lol.

joined Feb 18, 2018

I'm wondering why the author didn't develop Seju x Dowon relationship from here first rather than going straight to Seju trusting / opening up to Dowon. Is it because the author had to give fans fan services asap.

I think it’s because the series is actually gonna be short, and they didn’t want to make the revelation that the mom murdered right in the beginning. So they had to hold people’s attention with some action.

I predict it’s not gonna be more than 20 chapters, maybe not even 15. There isn’t much that can happen from now on: she will help Dowon recover, she has already called her “Dowon-ah” to indicate they are emotionally connected now etc lol maybe the bro will die, because he is now the villain. But not by Dowon’s hands, because that would make her bad.

The real reason of why the storytelling style has changed so much, I think, is that they have to write for the target audience of Kakao.

joined Apr 3, 2019

I predict it’s not gonna be more than 20 chapters, maybe not even 15. There isn’t much that can happen from now on: she will help Dowon recover, she has already called her “Dowon-ah” to indicate they are emotionally connected now etc lol maybe the bro will die, because he is now the villain. But not by Dowon’s hands, because that would make her bad.

Yeah, I also see that the story is ending soon. Maybe three more chapters should be enough because as you have said, there is not much story left to tell, and we can already see their emotional connection. So, it's Seju x Dowon endgame, the most predictable ending.

joined May 6, 2018

Haha I wonder how can they end the murder act of that brother to Seju and her mom, Won's mysterious past of running away from not yet known reason, Seju's past of 10 years of torture and guilt with midget, also the time Seju's brother spent with her mom in the hotel that Gaji said will be shown in details in the 2nd side story One, in less than 5 chapters. Even 10 can't do that. Those above are the main problems Gaji has to solve, not SejuxWon's relationship development.

last edited at Jul 16, 2019 3:13AM

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

But Team Gaji do develop relationships between Do Won and Baek Seju, it’s not the end. It’s just I want more of that then tying up what was hinted in main story about mother, murder and Seju’s mad family. And its shame that people didn’t want to leave positive comments after quarrel above, I’d love to see them. But it's understandable, lol.

Exactly. There are still loose ends that need to be addressed to give a proper closure to this story, mainly regarding Seju's mother and Wonnie's past. After that, perhaps the fate of that evil brother, and the relationship progress between Seju x Dowon. It needs at least 5 more chapters to cover all these, maybe even 10. And since Nami's story was canceled a while ago, it is possible Team Gaji had planned on extending this story longer than intended.

Anyway, I was once intrigued by the idea of a dark plot behind the death of Seju's mother, thinking it was possible the family had played their part to murder her out of hatred and greediness. But still, I kind of wish the truth didn't happen that way since it's going to complicate things even further for Seju, who has already been hurt plenty enough from all the drama inflicted upon her. Now poor Seju is going to feel terrible for having hated her mother this whole time, added to the guilt that Won ended up getting hurt for her sake.

Well, it's safe to say she won't be thinking about Sumin for quite a while. In fact, her spitting out the red mitten (the leftover love Sumin had given her) and calling out Won-Ah aloud seems like a metaphor that she's finally letting go of her first love, thus freeing herself from the past. Her attention is going to be directed caring for Wonnie and getting revenge against that brother unless Saehyun decides to beat her to it.

last edited at Jul 16, 2019 3:50AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Was it really a surprise someone from Seju's brothers killed her mom? It was pretty obvious, since they hated Seju and her mom so much. Also being greedy af and not wanting to share their fortune. It couldn't have been Seju's dad or her brother.
The only mystery is still whether that particular brother had an affair with Seju's mom, since there was a scene of him remembering her in season 1. Some people would also theorize that he is actually her dad, but I think that's less possible.

I don't think Dowon will die either.

Season 3 with Dowon's past and her evil ex, while Dowon gets healed by dating Seju. Season 4 that ex moving on with someone new

last edited at Jul 16, 2019 6:59AM

joined Feb 18, 2018

One point is of course that Seju letting go of her first love because she now found out her mother was murdered and her siblings are literally insane, makes no sense. She could just as equally get super upset because everything she went through was basically due to her siblings scheming against her, including very likely the “accident” of Sumin’s parents dying, Sumin being tortured etc. They were probably trying to induce her to commit suicide by destroying her relationship with Sumin.

Maybe because she thinks Won really loves her and defended her so now she jumps to emotionally connecting with Won? I suppose a traumatic reaction can do that, and create automatic trust. So I guess it’s a slightly better reason than “the author said so”. As eee above mentioned it would have been better if this situation had happened in the beginning then.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Was it really a surprise someone from Seju's brothers killed her mom? It was pretty obvious, since they hated Seju and her mom so much. Also being greedy af and not wanting to share their fortune. It couldn't have been Seju's dad or her brother.
The only mystery is still whether that particular brother had an affair with Seju's mom, since there was a scene of him remembering her in season 1. Some people would also theorize that he is actually her dad, but I think that's less possible.

Season 3 with Dowon's past and her evil ex, while Dowon gets healed by dating Seju. Season 4 that ex moving on with someone new

I wasn’t surprised by the revelation. But I was surprised by how they didn’t deviate from the obvious and the dude is painted as merely dumb psycho rather than using more white collar methods lol

last edited at Jul 16, 2019 7:05AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

It would be interesting if Seju's family was actually responsible for Sumin's parents death. But tbh I don't think TG would go this far, because they want to wrap the Seju and Sumin part up. Also taking into account how Sumin resented Seju more after her brother gave these scars, I think she would resent Seju even more if that had happened.

I gotta admit though, when Seju remembered Sumin when she was doing it with Won, I got sad.

joined Feb 18, 2018

I thought her remembering Sumin right during sex was the only more relatable, realistic part of the quasi-comedy plot we have now lol

You are right that if the authors make this connection between siblings being nuts and the parents dying it would add complications, plus the story is likely to end soon (hopefully). But I suppose it’s implied. I had thought about this from the moment they showed this fact in the main story, though at the time I even sensed Seju might have ordered it to get Sumin all for herself.

last edited at Jul 16, 2019 7:19AM

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Not really a huge surprise but still, its not something that anyone in their sane mind would want it to happen. Like god dammit, havent this poor girl suffered more than enough already? How much longer does the author intends to shit all over her?

Both her parents are gone, her first love left her for good after tormenting her for 10 years, twice someone made an attempt on her life. Now she finds out the truth her mother was actually murdered and Won got injured in order to save her. What's next? She gets kidnapped, tortured and raped? O_o

Anyway, don't think Saehyun was Ahn Chahee lover or even crazy that his actually Seju's real father. I believe he simply admires her as a mother figure since she looked after him when he was young and stayed at the hotel.

joined Feb 18, 2018

If Seju’s brother is also her father that’s truly the nail in the coffin.

Seju can get the award “Being X is Suffering”, previously awarded to Homura from Madoka.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Not really a huge surprise but still, its not something that anyone in their sane mind would want it to happen. Like god dammit, havent this poor girl suffered more than enough already? How much longer does the author intends to shit all over her?

There is another way of looking at this, which is, for Seju’s mental health issues it’s actually better that her mom got murdered than that her mom abandoned her by committing suicide. She can now just be angry and get revenge if she wants to, being secure about herself, rather than be begging for love due to feeling like the abandoned bastard child. It’s like rewriting her own story in her head. Selfish but true.

Presumably that was the symbolic meaning of her spitting out the “leftover love” glove.

I must say it’s kinda dumb that she never investigated about her mom independently though. She already know her siblings are criminals. Also she is still on friendly terms with Saehyun despite the fact he tortured Sumin lol What gives?

Both her parents are gone, her first love left her for good after tormenting her for 10 years, twice someone made an attempt on her life. Now she finds out the truth her mother was actually murdered and Won got injured in order to save her. What's next? She gets kidnapped, tortured and raped? O_o

Anyway, don't think Saehyun was Ahn Chahee lover or even crazy that his actually Seju's real father. I believe he simply admires her as a mother figure since she looked after him when he was young and stayed at the hotel.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

I reread new chapter and kinda liked it more, but it felt too short. And Wonnie is like terminator there, lol. Eh, I like this story.

If Seju’s brother is also her father that’s truly the nail in the coffin.

Seju can get the award “Being X is Suffering”, previously awarded to Homura from Madoka.

Yeah, after that I remembered last year’s meme about Seju and suffering, lol. And what so special about strangling? It’s second time already, not to mention that Seju thought to do that herself. I’m not an assassin, but there are some other methods.

And what about 4 years? Her mother is long dead, no? Seju said herself that Won is too young to remember her. There is some connection with Won's parents which now overseas? And her brother doesn’t trust anyone or doesn’t have money on pro to kill her? It’s her brother that borrowed large amount of money from her?
Ok, I'll waiting for more. My simple story about Seju happiness, when, lol.

To reply you must either login or sign up.