Forum › A Divine Love Alone discussion

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

W t f .....huh? That's it?!?

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

The author's note at the end..."I felt like it would be better to leave things vague."
NO THAT WAS A HORRIBLE IDEA

The artwork was good, the characters were likeable, and the plot was sorta going somewhere....and then bam no explanation and closure to this series and the author decides to end this series with Kotori's smile...........I don't even know if this is considered yuri because I feel like everyone has a platonic relationship.

The last chapter felt like a cliffhanger and now I feel super dissatisfied. щ(ಠ益ಠщ)

10/10 would read again -IGN (sarcasm)

joined Jul 20, 2011

I loved this manga, as far as it goes. I wish it hadn't been abandoned midway through the story, though.

AUTHOR
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Y U NO FINISH MANGA

Scan0008
joined Apr 24, 2013

the hell with this ending, fucking NTR everywhere ; A ;

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

It looks like this manga got cancelled, and the author had to try to find a way to put an end to it. This wouldn't surprise me, anyway. Cancellation seems to be the fate of a lot of yuri manga lately.

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

We spent 9 chapters building up a story and then suddenly all the threads are cut with no resolution what-so-ever. The way this manga was going i was prepared for at least another ten chapters to get more into each of the individual threads and ties between the characters that had already been established as well as to properly resolve the conflict of understanding between Kotori and Hiwa cause effectively we have just been showed the surface of these characters and their feelings for/relationships with each other with no real understanding of their depth and suddenly we're told "it's the final chapter" and we get this... it's so jarring, i feel so unfulfilled!

I kinda hope this was cancelled before the Mangaka could finish cause that's the only excuse i could accept for such a non-ending.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

What? WTF was this? This was a terrible ending. Literally almost nothing got settled. And WTF happened with the original girl? She just disappeared into oblivion at some point in the series and, yeah, she was there, BUT LITERALLY NOTHING MORE THAN THAT. SHE WAS LITERALLY JUST THERE. Are you serious? Wasn't she the original love interest and yet she got left behind like that? AT ONE POINT THE GOD EVEN SAID SHE LOVED HER. BUT NOW ITS ALL ABOUT THAT NEW GIRL!? WTF is this? Like I would've been a little bit more okay with this, had the God AT LEAST SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HER, but she didn't. SERIOUSLY. WTF IS THIS? Not to mention, we HAVE NO IDEA what happens to the gods in the future. Do they just stay there forever? But they were in training? Did she really keep chasing the girl? LITERALLY NOTHING WAS SETTLED. WTF IS THIS? No, this was a terrible ending. 9 thumbs down. I literally grew 7 extra limbs just so I could give more thumbs down

LMFAO. Welp, did your limbs go back to normal? if not there's a pill for that. :-D

with all the yuri publications being cancelled, where ever shall I get my Yuri fix?

last edited at Aug 9, 2014 3:50PM

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

What? WTF was this? This was a terrible ending. Literally almost nothing got settled. And WTF happened with the original girl? She just disappeared into oblivion at some point in the series and, yeah, she was there, BUT LITERALLY NOTHING MORE THAN THAT. SHE WAS LITERALLY JUST THERE. Are you serious? Wasn't she the original love interest and yet she got left behind like that? AT ONE POINT THE GOD EVEN SAID SHE LOVED HER. BUT NOW ITS ALL ABOUT THAT NEW GIRL!? WTF is this? Like I would've been a little bit more okay with this, had the God AT LEAST SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HER, but she didn't. SERIOUSLY. WTF IS THIS? Not to mention, we HAVE NO IDEA what happens to the gods in the future. Do they just stay there forever? But they were in training? Did she really keep chasing the girl? LITERALLY NOTHING WAS SETTLED. WTF IS THIS? No, this was a terrible ending. 9 thumbs down. I literally grew 7 extra limbs just so I could give more thumbs down.
It's not the worst ending I've ever seen, I've read way too many for that to even be possible, but it sure as hell is among the worst. Like WTF was even the point of giving us 10 chapters if you were just gonna end it like this?

chill friendo think about it like this its better than a pointlessly sad ending and honestly I rather liked though I wish it wrapped up some more of its loose ends

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

it feels like I'm the only one who liked the ending :(

joined Mar 30, 2012

There's no ending! .. but that's okay, they're all ... sort of happy :D

Download
joined Aug 8, 2013

That's it? THAT is the ending!? As the Angry Video Game Nerd would say: "That's bullsh*t!"

Gorgeous%20ruka
joined Jan 13, 2014

Ummm....no

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

it feels like I'm the only one who liked the ending :(

For real, you are probably (literally) the only one... MY FEELS ARE STILL MESSED UP FROM THIS AND I DON'T KNOW IF I'LL EVER RECOVER.

Images%20(6)
joined Nov 16, 2013

Dat ending tho....

Hana
joined Jun 20, 2014

.....i'm confused.
it ended just like that?! .___.;

106516%20(1)
joined Mar 20, 2014

We spent 9 chapters building up a story and then suddenly all the threads are cut with no resolution what-so-ever.

Meaning Hiwa's the winner, isn't she? She does her duty extremely well. Doesn't care this is not about the bonds between people anymore. Or, our bond with the mangaka (or the publisher, maybe) may just have been severed.

Anyway, I feel sad. It felt like it was all just starting to get good. I was so shocked to see I'm reading the final chapter.

joined Jan 17, 2014

i need more D: why, why alway me D:

Sam1
joined May 11, 2012

Whelp, that was disappointing. And it started off so well :(
Someone should tell the author that there's a difference between "leaving things vague" and "suddenly ending your clusterfuck of a story without resolving anything".

Klz1234699998m
joined May 15, 2012

if it got cancelled I propose a raid to the publisher that made it cancelled...otherwise to the house of the mangaka..
it seems that nothing happened at all :(

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

Boring ending :v

Untitled
joined May 15, 2014

should this really be tagged yuri? it seems more like just they're all friends

blatant_harvester
Snpl
joined Feb 16, 2013

For anyone wondering about the ending, here's a hint: it ran on Tsubomi.

joined Jul 23, 2013

For anyone wondering about the ending, here's a hint: it ran on Tsubomi.

Yeah, I know right? So much unfair rage against the mangaka. Go blame the lack of financial support from fans towards yuri creators. All recent yuri anime have sold terribly. Tsubomi died. Hirari just died. And we're down to only Comic Yuri Hime, basically. I very much hope the people getting angry were also importing the magazine and/or individual series volumes and supporting the authors who are trying to make yuri manga a commercially viable art form. And for the record, yes I own both volumes of this series + all of Hirari and also started buying Comic Yuri Hime two years ago. It's not that expensive, it's so much cheaper than importing anime which I can understand people maybe not being able to afford.

If things don't improve, yuri manga is going to be limited to a purely doujin market, and that would be awful. We need these more formal platforms for longer serialized works, but if nobody is buying it, nobody can rightfully expect it to just keep coming.

You can be disappointed in the ending. I sure am. But I wish people were at least a little curious as to the business side of anime and manga and understood why things happen the way they do.

In the end it all comes down to money. You've got to support what you love.

last edited at Aug 11, 2014 1:51PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I see your point Abdyn01, but nothing kills this feeling that even if there were 10 more chapters, even a kiss would be too much for this work... Because the history goes like "X girl loves Y girl, Y girls love A girl, A Girl likes C girl, C Girl likes X girl and there's another girl but it doesn't matter anymore" Because the mangaka at the end wanted an open ending without much details... So this feels like "moe up the butt" .

Why I don't buy yuri hime? I can give explanations but at the end is all excuses, everyone could at least buy one friggin manga in their lifetime, maybe I don't have the right to complain but if only those who support the manga can discuss about it, all forums would die, and yes I know that's not what you meant to say but... sigh This was so void... I've read one shots with more exciting and romantic relationships... love relationships. That's why I complain, because maybe the rushed ending didn't change the ending that this autor had originally planned.

joined Jul 23, 2013

I see your point Abdyn01, but nothing kills this feeling that even if there were 10 more chapters, even a kiss would be too much for this work... Because the history goes like "X girl loves Y girl, Y girls love A girl, A Girl likes C girl, C Girl likes X girl and there's another girl but it doesn't matter anymore" Because the mangaka at the end wanted an open ending without much details... So this feels like "moe up the butt" .

I feel the opposite, like the manga being cut short changed it quite a lot. There were more and more character monologues about love and jealousy. There was clearly character drama building up on multiple fronts, including the budding romantic. And just as it got going, it simply ended. This manga is definitely a victim of business circumstances. I don't think it would have gotten overly romantic, but I also think that it was developing very nicely into a slightly romantic series, with a bit of drama but not forgetting its lighthearted atmosphere.

Not that there's anything wrong with a simple iyashikei manga about smiles and hugging. In fact I don't think I would have wanted this series to get much more dramatic than it was getting before the last chapter. We can get that from a bunch of other series.

Why I don't buy yuri hime? I can give explanations but at the end is all excuses, everyone could at least buy one friggin manga in their lifetime, maybe I don't have the right to complain but if only those who support the manga can discuss about it, all forums would die, and yes I know that's not what you meant to say but...

People are allowed to discuss whatever they want. It's not complaints about the work as a whole I'm talking about but those complaining about the terrible cop-out ending or whatever. The problem is when a whole community has absolutely no interest in the production side of things. I get that's not the "fun" part of being a fan. It doesn't dull the pain of a prematurely ended manga. But it does hopefully raise awareness of why annoying things happen in the industry, and particularly about what a HUGELY FRAGILE niche yuri is in "commercially viable" terms. i.e. not just doujin one-shots. We'll always have those, but I really need something more.

As for me, I'm still really happy with the first 9 chapters of the manga. I'll just treat it as an unfinished work... which is really is. Not so different, in some ways, from the countless manga that never receive full scanslations. it's like they just disappear into a hole. Sad, but the unavoidable pain of being into manga, it seems. =/

To reply you must either login or sign up.