Forum › Us, the end of the world, and the rest of our life discussion

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

So.... if all the humans have disappeared, why haven't the animals invaded the city yet xD Maybe MC should consider raising some kittens before she goes bananas...

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

This is just a oneshot, huh? Sad.

Rather be short and good than long and unsatisfying.

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

Thanos snapped away everyone except the lesbians.

Just imagine a lesbian utopia at the end of the world. ;)

Nooooooo I don't wanna go :'(
There're fanboys too you know :'(

Untitled-2
joined Aug 17, 2014

Oh well, they life till old and die after happy life...

Bitter sweet but... Probably this is the only way

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Maybe i'm dark but I really like the ending. It seems she hasn't convinced herself that everything will be okay and is fighting a losing battle?

joined Sep 6, 2018

This story turns out to be one of my favorites. It has a nice symmetry about it... both characters try hard to keep the other sane in an empty world.

It would be great if this website can collect all the one shots published in a year, which also got highest view count when initially shown, and get them published through some publisher. It would sure be a headache for the editor to get the permissions from all the authors to get the anthology printed in English.

last edited at Jun 4, 2019 2:22AM

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Maybe i'm dark but I really like the ending. It seems she hasn't convinced herself that everything will be okay and is fighting a losing battle?

She's definitely hanging on by a thread. Her relationship with Rii is probably related, especially how it was before everyone vanished and how it changed after. If she did have a husband and child and was already fooling around with her while they were still alive, losing everything but her paramour is all but guaranteed to leave some form of guilt complex.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

This reminds me to that Kim Possible fanfiction, "Alone Together". I think that was the one that got me into KIGO. Except that Kim and Shego were send to an alternate universe where all people vanished at that same instant.

Thanks for the recommendation. Not the perfect story but I loved the hell out of it. Now to wait a few months to re-read it

joined Jun 12, 2019

I wish there was more

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

Man this gave me flashbacks of Girls Last Tour and a lapidot fanfic I read about a year ago called Of Destruction and Rebirth by teamchaosprez.

The fanfic had a apocalyptic setting and it focused on Lapis and Peridot surviving. The story is really good, but the ending destroyed me. I never cried while reading a fanfic ever and its really hard for me to cry. But that story and the way it described the situation hurt me so much that my chest actually hurt and I couldn't focus on work the next day. Hell, a friend of mine came by to ask why I looked so down and then I decided to read out loud the scene in which got me. After I read it to her, her face got red while holding back her tears, she then says "That's the most saddest thing I've ever heard!"

last edited at Jun 21, 2019 1:58AM

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

^ There are chickens, right? We know at least that much.

D'oh! Lolz I totally forgot the chickens. :-) So animals are around, hopefully not packs of dogs or scary predators...

This is just a oneshot, huh? Sad.

Happiness: Sequel! https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/us_the_end_of_the_world_and_after_that

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Hum... so "End of humanity" = "End of the world"?. I'm pretty sure it's different because humans aren't the world.

As far as humanity is concerned, yes.

To reply you must either login or sign up.