Forum › Ayame 14 discussion

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

An interesting start. I'm glad that more of this guy's work was translated here, especially since this one's a comedy.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

I'm glad that more of this guy's work was translated here

Amano Shuninta's a woman.

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

gotta love those playground toys

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm glad that more of this woman's work was translated here. =D

In any case, I was hesitant about yet another story about schoolgirls, Amano always has her own take on things. Much the same way Takemiya Jin can go over such well-worn ground and still make it fresh.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Ah, oops.

[anon]_zoku_sayonara_zetsubou_sensei_-_06_[ef044889].mkv_snapshot_14.45_[2013.11.19_22.41.04]
joined Oct 24, 2013

In any case, I was hesitant about yet another story about schoolgirls,

Don't see all the fuss. What matters is how it's written, not so much the setting. Get enough generic manga that all share a similar setting and the setting gets blamed, when it's really the fact that the writing is generic.
All the rest of Amano-sensei's works are about adults anyway, so this is pretty fresh.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Hmm- not bad, but not sure what to think of it yet- it kinda seems like its going to have love polygons- triangles at the least, and thats not my thing. But it was quite different and look forward to seeing more and hopefully proven wrong.

As for schoolgirls being being well-worn ground, i feel just about every setting has been done thousands of times, in ALL media- personally i like the school settings but still- as razzl says- whether its good or not is down to its quality not its originality in my opinion- though a unique take on a theme can add interest.

Also- its middle school setting- i feel the younger school settings arnt done nearly as much as high school. middle schoolers really should behave different and have different concerns etc if its well written.

I wish there were more elementary school set manga too- and i dont mean loli- like ichigo marshmellow - they can be really funny and cute.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Horny teenager MC.

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

I can tell our MC is going to be a sex maniac. Amano's take on school girls is sure going to be interesting!

Zen%20facce
joined Feb 3, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ayame_14_ch01#11 Knew something was strange with how she looked while riding the panda. Guess I was right..xD

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

So it's a story about an eighth grader who wants to jump all her friends. Sounds fun!

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

poor panda

joined Jun 18, 2014

cmon middle schoolers? at least last year of high school or freshmen in college would be better. a bunch of 13 year olds just lack common sense

7/10

joined Feb 15, 2013

cmon middle schoolers? at least last year of high school or freshmen in college would be better. a bunch of 13 year olds just lack common sense

7/10

well it said that they were 14 years old, which means that they would freshman in the US. but i do get your point non the less.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

7/10

I think it's appropriate since that's the age where they are just starting to awaken to sexuality and she seems pretty unfamiliar with/uneasy about it. If they were older that kind of setup would be less plausible (to me at least). And who says they need to have common sense?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Shotout to pandas

joined Aug 19, 2012

The panels could have said they're 18 and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Just pretend they're old if it bothers you that much

Faye_valentine_2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Is this going to be like "feelings we must endure" younger ver? xD

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Lol a 14 year old girl is fucking a college kid (he's 18 +).....

But anyways there is a yuri tag so I'm wondering who Ayame will get with?
Lastly, Amano Shuninta has so many ongoing (or not yet translated) mangas. I hope I don't get confused between them because she loves having many characters.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Sploooosh.....

Subtle... very subtle.

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

I love Shuninta's take on all different kinds of yuri 'settings', the problems her characters face are always real and she's particularly good at developing the growing process they all go through. The story can revolve about anything, and she'd still make it interesting. It's so refreshing, honestly.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

Oh god my sister just turned 14 today now I'm worried ;.; and she is also starting highschool this August. How am I going to deal with this !? At some point shell get a boyfriend too!! This all just hitt me like a train with full force !! I feel like an over protected parent right now ;.;

last edited at Aug 4, 2014 10:18AM

joined Aug 4, 2014

Ayame 14 has a ton of potential. I love how it's got several distinct protagonists (each with their own P.O.V) all going through that critical period of puberty.

I can't wait to see where this goes.

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

Sploooosh.....

Subtle... very subtle.

lol I didn't catch that the first time, clever very clever. Kind of reminds me of that pearl diving scene in Encore hehe

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Sploooosh.....

Subtle... very subtle.

It startled me!!! I was like "DAYUM GURL TH- ooh!"
I want this to be more fun than drama... And hmmm I wonder if I'll finish one of this artist's manga someday.

To reply you must either login or sign up.