Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

Quite a lot of discussions going on o_O The poll looks realistic for those who have read the newest chapter, many have turned to hate Sumin for taking revenge on Seju that way for 10 years. Some even called her Simon LMAO so I'm not that surprised that they only got 4 votes.

I won't take my time to explain much since lurking and discussing in this forum for more than 2 years forces me to realize that each person already has their own opinion, It'll be such a waste of time trying to change that. They'll keep on liking what they like and disliking what they dislike no matter what I might say loll. But at the moment I ship Seju x Dowon because she's cute and fit Seju perfectly, both personality and appearance.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don't especially want anyone specific "to be happy" or for one particular character to end up with any other one--I want to read interesting, well-executed stories. That usually also means focused stories, so that the individual parts hang together, if not at every single moment, at least in the overall big picture.

WDTFS has always had a number of appealing individual aspects, but, for the reasons that have been articulated many times, its overall execution has been very erratic.

last edited at May 11, 2019 3:29PM

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Ultimately, it is up to the author at the end of the day how she wants to tell the story. No stories are perfect. It's impossible for a writer to please everyone. There's always going to be a certain aspect a reader may not like about the story and the characters no matter how well written the others find them.

I'm kind of annoyed with the constant flashbacks of Sumin and Seju's past, mainly because it gives off this negative wave that the character can't see the present and therefore can't move forward to the future. Nonetheless, I'm willing to give the author the benefit of doubt and hope they are there to serve its purposes by the time the story is completely finished. And FYI, I do pay for the series. I actually signed up on Lezhin a while ago and then TappyToon when the series got relocated. It's refreshing for a change to read a yuri series revolving the lives of adult lesbians and their drama.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Okay so I actually went back to read the 3 chapters of One to try to understand why the fact that chapter 111 has flashbacks and chapter 108 had the hooks to the past made me so upset.

Now I know why: if I read the One story so far without a desire for “Seju to be happy” based on the previous story, it’s indeed so weak I wouldn’t even be reading it. At least not until it’s in bulk so I can skim through all of it at once etc

When the flashback was shown, I felt cheated because I finally saw how the authors are using this cheap trick over and over of creating what is actually a weak romance plot but then boosting it up with the dramatic disjoint flashback/hook scenes that show the character in the past or compare to the past. I assume this will be the usual from now on since the main story is over. I think I never liked it but was somehow able to ignore it before during the main story because it had a lot more things going on.

Welp. I suppose the main story plus Paradise were a good enough ride. Dropped.

last edited at May 12, 2019 8:54AM

joined Apr 3, 2019

You really trying to tell me that if it was someone else in Dowoon place, who is simply decent and interested, people wouldn't jump on it the same way they did for Dowoon?
There are lot of teens and underage readers in the sites you've mentioned, who are just happy with simple and cute stuff and don't quite get the rest. To some of them, Seju is just the bad guy and there's nothing more than that.

Some people apparently just paired Seju up with any random woman they could possibly find in the manhwa. They seem to be so unselective when it comes to wanting someone for Seju. What's so great about that caretaker? Seju x Dowon is kinda like Snowwhite x Dwarf imo.

last edited at May 12, 2019 1:09AM

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Fuck SuminxSeju. I don't have the right to change anybody's opinion, but I can't believe some people still "ship" them. Sumin is a toxic ass hoe. She better only stay in Seju's flashbacks or she can choke on a whale cock.

Sumin was never my favourite character in WDTFS, but I didn't blindly hate her either. But as the main story progressed, I found myself loathing her more and more. She ruined SuminJi for me. Near the end of season one, I didn't even care for her tears or that SuminJi got back together. Now, I just want Seju to be happy. I will admit, I don't give a fuck about any other main character or the story itself anymore. (Stopped doing that a long time ago lol.) Sungji isn't interesting enough (I don't dislike her) and Sumin can die for all I care. I can't comment on Dowon, it has been 3 chapters only.

On another note, what is the "connection" between Seju and Sumin y'all are talking about? Didn't Seju resign from the post of president or am I missing something here?

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

This is the reason I was calling people here snowflakes earlier lol This is just a story about fictional people who are highly problematic, it’s not a therapy session. I don’t care if they are “toxic” (I guess that’s the umbrella term nowadays for “relationship that needs work, between morally dubious humans ”??), I am going by what would be the most interesting and best quality story. For example if I go read Kodama, do I want sweet relationships between healthy characters? Of course not. So why would I be reading this for some kind of Disney happy ending? Seju and Sumin are by design a couple of assholes, who both acted as assholes to each other, to Sungji and to other women the entire story from beginning to end. Heck Sumin was an asshole even to her best friend in high school. Get over it lol

Seju and Sumin are the only interesting characters in WDTFS and in my view all the great intense scenes, or heartfelt romantic scenes, involve them. The scenes with other characters are weak which is why Team GJ tries to boost it up with flashbacks. As for the characters themselves, Sungji needs no more comments. Dowon has a nice design but personality-wise I would call her a “useful idiot” so far. As though her existence was merely crafted to heal Seju, just like what Sungji eventually became.

In the end, I don’t understand why anyone would read a manga just to see a character “be happy” no matter the story quality. Like, they are not even real. Do you want your toys to be happy too? In that case we don’t need a story or to pay any money, just ask Team GJ to draw a picture of Seju smiling with her new gf. Jeez.

But yeah sad situation. I am gonna drop the manga for now and maybe read the entirety of One when it’s done because of the whole vibe of “let’s throw Seju in this highly artificial situation so the fandom can be happy”. I had expected another charged, realistic story which is what makes WDTFS special and what Team GJ is best at. Not “Romance in Lala Land” with some flashbacks to add fake depth.

last edited at May 12, 2019 8:52AM

joined May 6, 2018

Interesting. So basically Sumin and Seju are both well-developed characters so they need to end up with each other for god’s sake? How about Hermione and Ron then? Why should 2 damaged people end up together to begin with? Where is the must here? And to me, only Sumin’s fucked up personality seems to make her a little bit more interesting. Her background, her status, many others are too mediorce.

You can’t be the representative of readers just because you pay for the story either. Don’t think that I don’t pay, then again, people all have many reasons why they want to pay for a certain story. For example, even when WDTFS was finished on Lezhin, I still paid for a quite number of old chapters that I’ve read on other free sites just because I want to know if there is some information that was mistranslated, so that I can catch up with some new details. I’m also paying on Tappytoon with the same reason. I’m trying my best to gain access on Kakaopage to read the latest chapter as soon as it got released, not knowing whether or not Seju will have a happy ending. I just want to see her face, simply because of that, which also means I will stop paying once Team Gaji moves to Nammi, Dawoon, Sumin Sungji side stories. Many people read the story for the same reason as me, only because it is about your favorite character. I don’t fucking care if it is boring, sad, desperate, satisfied,… If there is Baek Seju, I will raise up both my hands. You of course have your own reason too, but remember that your reason only takes a small portion of the fandom. Both yours and mine, are small. It's not that easy to become a representative of anything.

When I said I read the story because I want to see Seju happy, it is just simply what it is. Team Gaji decided to write an extra for her and they also said it would be quite long, Paradise is just an prologue of it. So that means her story doesn’t end there, they could just simply end her life at chapter 91, but hell no, they didn't. Team Gaji wouldn't waste their time on her story if it doesn't make her happy. What's too unclear about it? What's your so scared of? I wasn’t that much surprised when flashbacks about Sumin appear once again lmao, because it’s not like Seju can forget all about Sumin in one or two days, it would be too damn weird if they don’t mention a bit about her to be honest.

If you don’t like the way they write story or too scared or frustrated that the ending might end up crashing your ship, you’d better drop it. Because Team Gaji will surely disappoint you, as Seju x Sumin has never been their canon from the beginning. The message of the story they want to tell is healing, that no matter how much broken your past relationships were, you still have another chance to fall in love once again.

Some people apparently just paired Seju up with any random woman they could possibly find in the manhwa. They seem to be so unselective when it comes to wanting someone for Seju. What's so great about that caretaker? Seju x Dowon is kinda like Snowwhite x Dwarf imo.

At least she's much much greater than Sumin. Do you think I would pair her up with Seju when her personality is like Nammi, Sumin, Sungji or even the assassin?! Do you think Seju would randomly talk and smile with Dowon for no reason? She's already different from others the way she treats Seju. Not any random woman for your information.

last edited at May 12, 2019 9:53AM

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

In the end, I don’t understand why anyone would read a manga just to see a character “be happy”

Well I'm extremely sorry, not everybody reads a manga to write pretentious holier-than-thou analysis about it. Some people read for the sake of reading, some people read because they like the art, some people read they root for a character. And just because Seju is a fictional character doesn't mean I can't feel any sort of affection for her.

[...] Disney happy ending [...]

Who said I wanted that lol I couldn't care less about romance or happy ending. The only reason I am still reading WDTFS because I want to experience Seju's journey of being genuinely happy again. I don't care how she achieves it, alone or with someone else. I also don't care if it's a "bad end", as long as Seju is happy and Sumin or that trash Nammi stay tf away from her.

[...] couple of assholes [...]

Seju is an asshole. Sumin is psychopath who needs a therapist ASAP. Forget being "toxic", that's actually complementing her.

She single-handedly ruined 10 years of Seju's life. Yes, Seju cheated on her, her brother cut her up, and I wholeheartedly condemn them for that, but instead of breaking-up and moving on like a mentally stable human being, or like, calling the cops or something, Sumin decided it would be a great idea to stick around and have her "revenge". Seju is also at fault, but she grew up without experiencing any sort of love and affection, and it is understandable why she has a hard time moving on from the only person she was loved by in her whole life. But I can't except any lame excuses for Sumin, she is just an abomination of a human being. She deserves to live the rest of her life in misery. I don't care if her character is "interesting", I would be very much glad if she got ran over by a truck.

[...] relationship that needs work [...]

...Um...what? Sumin mentally abused Seju for TEN FUCKING YEARS just to satiate her sadistic pleasure of seeing her hurt. Every single time Seju was in pain she always had an amused expression. She didn't even apologize when they parted! Just a simple "bye bitch". And you still think they could work? No offense but, is that like your...kink or something? Seeing two people ruin each other's lives? If that's how you are irl then I feel very sad for your partner. It's better if you drop this story now, rather than whining every after release on "why Seju and Sumin should end up together and are the most interesting couple in the universe." You're ruining it for the rest of us. Also SEJUMIN WILL NEVER BE CANON.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I think some people don't understand this. The problem is not people wanting Seju and Sumin together again.
It's the fact that there have already been 110 chapters of them together/their past/whatever. It's not easy to immediately like someone who is a new character, just because they seem to be nice.
This has nothing to do with Seju and Sumin getting back together. But in some way reminds me of Hibike where Kumiko ends up with Shuichi. You can't just develop a relationship for years and then finally get to the point of clearly showing how toxic Sumin is, so them parting makes more sense.
If you are a fairly new reader then this might have less impact I guess. Because all these chapters came out in the span of like 3 years? So that's a lot of time to be already invested for a reader who has been following this for years. It has less of an effect if you binge read it.

And let's not forget that yeah, Sumin was cruel to Seju but she also had some pretty valid reasons for hating on her as well.
Is hating on Sumin the new Seju is a bitch? This feels the same as some Sungji fans who were hating on Seju some years ago.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Agree with MacySan completely. I am totally fine with Seju or Sumin having other partners, if those partners are as well developed or at the very least, seem to make realistic sense of being with them for more reasons than being doormats who put up with their crap, or it just being a new enough relationship which has not triggered their asshole side yet.

In other words: I thought we were going for “look at this problematic relationship between these 2 complex human beings, and how they recover by finding 2 other complex people who they are compatible with, and this is the difference.” OR “look at this problematic relationship between these 2 complex human beings and how they mature to find each other again”.

Instead we are getting “look at this problematic relationship. Now look again. Now look again. Now look again. Is it painful enough yet? Do you hate one or the other enough yet? Ok cool, here is a doormat for you to ship your fav asshole with.”

last edited at May 12, 2019 10:53AM

joined May 6, 2018

I don't force anyone to like the new character either, I also spent quite a time to adapt to all these new things. I also had started reading the story since Seju cut her hair to get Sumin back in her life so I guess I'm not that of a new reader to be too oblivious in these kinds of arguments.

Whether or not Sumin and Seju get back together isn't the problem, but the problem is some asking too much on how the story should go when you're not even the author, you can't just force them to get rid of something when it's what they want to tell. You shouldn't expect Sungji x Sumin to become a much more interesting couple to finally let us know that they have some better points over Seju x Sumin, to at least show us that this canon make more sense than the failed one Seju x Sumin. Sungjimin may not be my taste, or your taste but they're still the best ship in the eyes of most WDTFS readers. Then the biggest problem is, we're focusing too much on the same topic over again when Team Gaji already moved on to another story about Seju's life with someone else. What do you expect when it's just 3 chapters, just a small flashbacks and you felt disappointed already? Just 3 chapters and you want to see something great in Dowon? Tell me what did you see in all three characters when you had only read the first 3 chapters of the main story? Do you even think that Seju would become this pathetic? Do you even think that Sumin could be this broken? or Sungji could be this angelic?

The main point is, only 3 chapters and you got disappointed too quick.

By the way, I'm not saying it's you who want Sumin Seju together again MacySan.

last edited at May 12, 2019 11:05AM

joined Feb 18, 2018

In the end, I don’t understand why anyone would read a manga just to see a character “be happy”

Well I'm extremely sorry, not everybody reads a manga to write pretentious holier-than-thou analysis about it. Some people read for the sake of reading, some people read because they like the art, some people read they root for a character. And just because Seju is a fictional character doesn't mean I can't feel any sort of affection for her.

[...] Disney happy ending [...]

Who said I wanted that lol I couldn't care less about romance or happy ending. The only reason I am still reading WDTFS because I want to experience Seju's journey of being genuinely happy again. I don't care how she achieves it, alone or with someone else. I also don't care if it's a "bad end", as long as Seju is happy and Sumin or that trash Nammi stay tf away from her.

[...] couple of assholes [...]

Seju is an asshole. Sumin is psychopath who needs a therapist ASAP. Forget being "toxic", that's actually complementing her.

She single-handedly ruined 10 years of Seju's life. Yes, Seju cheated on her, her brother cut her up, and I wholeheartedly condemn them for that, but instead of breaking-up and moving on like a mentally stable human being, or like, calling the cops or something, Sumin decided it would be a great idea to stick around and have her "revenge". Seju is also at fault, but she grew up without experiencing any sort of love and affection, and it is understandable why she has a hard time moving on from the only person she was loved by in her whole life. But I can't except any lame excuses for Sumin, she is just an abomination of a human being. She deserves to live the rest of her life in misery. I don't care if her character is "interesting", I would be very much glad if she got ran over by a truck.

[...] relationship that needs work [...]

...Um...what? Sumin mentally abused Seju for TEN FUCKING YEARS just to satiate her sadistic pleasure of seeing her hurt. Every single time Seju was in pain she always had an amused expression. She didn't even apologize when they parted! Just a simple "bye bitch". And you still think they could work? No offense but, is that like your...kink or something? Seeing two people ruin each other's lives? If that's how you are irl then I feel very sad for your partner. It's better if you drop this story now, rather than whining every after release on "why Seju and Sumin should end up together and are the most interesting couple in the universe." You're ruining it for the rest of us. Also SEJUMIN WILL NEVER BE CANON.

You just make my point clearer that a lot of readers here cannot even separate real life from great fiction meant to entertain you in a particular way. No sweetheart, I have my shit together in real life you don’t need to worry lol Have you ever played shooting games, watched crime movies? Do you watch GoT? If you think Daenerys is brilliantly written and find the show entertaining, is that because you are into burning people? That reasoning is so wtf lol

Unfortunately there are very few stories in which I can read realistic women being both shitty and loving to one another without the need to impose some artificial “moral of the story”. Dark romances and so on. WDTFS had that and that’s what I love about it, but I guess readers are all about happy PC endings. God bless Kodama seriously, as she is the only author I know who is unapologetic about what she writes.

At times I wonder if we are backtracking in time and going back to some kind of Victorian era. Next thing you know only puritan stories will exist. Will I need to learn the language of flowers I wonder? Lmao

last edited at May 12, 2019 11:23AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Yeah it's normal to nw be too fond of Dowoon now because she's still a new character.
My problem with this is that it feels dragged and inauthentic from TG? Were all these extra chapters about Sumin and Seju past really necessary? I think no. They already dragged their story too far imo.
Maybe there will be something pretty new and fresh with Dowoon, but I'll personally only find it ok after the story is over. Because I don't trust TG anymore and I'm speaking from what we've already seen so far for the past 100+ chapters.
Will they even resolve the Seju and Sumin drama properly this time? We can only tell until we see, and I think it's fair to be cautious of them judging by how the story has been so far.

See we can disagree without personally attacking anyone. And I was talking about mei is waifu. Was that really necessary to reply to someone in that tone? This thread used to have decent conversations, it's a shame if it turns out to be children getting triggered and being reactionary.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Again, my point is completely missed. I have never once said that I want "Puritan" stuff? You just don't get it: IDGAF. I don't care about pure stuff, I don't care about "omg look I'm a tumblrina and I find abusive relationships so hot~" bullshit. I don't care about you or anyone's 10 page analysis on " Sumin and Seju iz da OTP bruhhh and anything else is crap". I won't care if TG employs any one of the above plot points. I only care about Seju. I only read this story for her. I want her to find happiness without Sumin. If that means I have to tolerate "pure stuff", then so be it. So, just because you read this to flaunt your Human Psychology degree in Tumblr College of Fuckery on this thread doesn't mean others have to do the same. We have the complete right to read for whatever reason we want.

And yeah, I watch GoT and my situation with that series is the same as this one. I love Arya and I watch that show for her. I kind of skip the other parts ngl. And same as Seju, I won't bat an eyelash to whatever happens as long as Arya is alive.

God, I hate this kind of back-and-forth but some people here just go around looking for fights I swear.

Edit: I am sorry MacySan. It's not my intention to attack people. I have been trying to be polite but my points are being totally ignored in favor of putting imaginary words in my mouth for whatever reason. There's a limit to everything.

last edited at May 12, 2019 11:51AM

joined Feb 18, 2018

BTW I gotta say: for the folks foaming in the mouth here, Sumin in my opinion is brilliantly written as fictional character and protagonist. She is unique and even better than Seju who is now being sanitized unfortunately. I deeply dislike Sumin and can relate to her a lot at the same time, which is precisely why the main story was great for me. She makes you pause and think.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Again, my point is completely missed. I have never once said that I want "Puritan" stuff? You just don't get it: IDGAF. I don't care about pure stuff, I don't care about "omg look I'm a tumblrina and I find abusive relationships so hot~" bullshit. I don't care about you or anyone's 10 page analysis on " Sumin and Seju iz da OTP bruhhh and anything else is crap". I won't care if TG employs any one of the above plot points. I only care about Seju. I only read this story for her. I want her to find happiness without Sumin. If that means I have to tolerate "pure stuff", then so be it. So, just because you read this to flaunt your Human Psychology degree in Tumblr College of Fuckery on this thread doesn't mean others have to do the same. We have the complete right to read for whatever reason we want.

And yeah, I watch GoT and my situation with that series is the same as this one. I love Arya and I watch that show for her. I kind of skip the other parts ngl. And same as Seju, I won't bat an eyelash to whatever happens as long as Arya is alive.

God, I hate this kind of back-and-forth but some people here just go around looking for fights I swear.

You were the one who became outraged at me, MacySan and some others just because we said Seju and Sumin together is the outcome we would like or at least consider it would make a better story than the one we are getting. You think it’s irrational or kink, even though we have provided plenty of evidence.

I respect that you simply want Seju to be happy. I think Team GJ will go in the direction you want because it’s much easier to write and most readers have a low bar for storytelling quality. They are giving out vibes of extending the story just to milk it for cash a la Citrus, so this discussion is a waste of time.

last edited at May 12, 2019 11:58AM

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

low bar for storytelling quality

That's exactly what I have problem with: this superiority complex you have just because you think SejuxSumin would the best plot line and others don't. Quality is a subjective thing. You can't decide for others what would be a "better" story, to each their own. So, I agree, this discussion is a waste of time. Let's just say we're both right at our own place and move on. I will also apologize for being rude with you. I had this argument with people irl before, guess I wrongly took out my irritation at you.

That being said, you are right, they are milking the story. Paradise, even though gave us a glimpse of Sejumin's past, was kind of unnecessary. But I won't say the same for One, since it's set in the present and Seju deserves a chance at happiness. And another thing, it's only been three chapters, you can't expect Seju to forget about Sumin so soon. That would be unrealistic.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Apology accepted, I also apologize if I came out agressive.

It’s easy to know if Sejumin is the best (or only) plotline or not: would the other plotlines stand on their own without it? I don’t think so, remove all the flashbacks and you have poor development and weak romance. Compare Sungjimin only (no flashbacks) with another healing story like Pulse and Pulse is much more rewarding, because the focus was actually on the main pair rather than spending a crazy amount of focus on Mel’s relationship with Sue.

Mind you, the first half of the main story actually does stand on its own without flashbacks. If the goal was to show a realistic Sungjimin they should have ended it right after Sumin and Sungji had sex for the first time and never gotten into the rabbit hole of Seju’s backstory. Or focused on Sungji from then on.

On the other hand if you tie in all the flashbacks together only plus Paradise into a single story, they are one heck of a story, and unique. All I have been saying is that I either want the actual present day romance stories to be better developed (if possible same quality as the Sejumin plot), or for Team GJ to bite the bullet and embrace the Sejumin plotline without fears of upsetting readership. As MacySan said, the impression is that the authors objectively want to tell a healing story but subjectively (with the way they write, which is where their feelings come through) are telling a massive hung-up story between 2 assholes who have defined each other in life and should probably just try to work it out, even if they fail.

As for One, I am dropping till it ends because for me 3 lukewarm chapters and the highly contrived scenario (2 people alone in a massive hotel in a super touristic island?) is not a good sign. Reading in bulk is better because I can overlook problems.

last edited at May 12, 2019 12:58PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

OK, this is my question about publication. I was under the impression that WDTFS-proper ended with Sumin and Sungji getting back together. I also (randomly) saw some later chapters that seemed to me to be in the nature of epilogue and/or preview for another story.

(As I said, all the sources I saw were unofficial—right around the time I was considering a Lezhin sub, that brouhaha about them being assholes to their authors happened. So I pretty much lost touch.)

So what exactly are Paradise and One, and where did/do they appear?

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Well, to each their own, it's only 3 chapters so far in One, and I personally don't believe it's a fair judgment to be so dismissive towards the new character when the story hasn't even finished. Chances are, Won could end up being a well-written character who has a demon of her own (which she seemingly does after confessing she ran away) that she needs to overcome, not merely just a plot device to heal Seju for her happily ever after ending.

Nonetheless, I understand the skepticism. As much as I like WDTFS, there are things that could have made the story flow better. For starters, the constant flashbacks of Sumin x Seju should have been cut down. It doesn't seem all that necessary IMHO to keep reminding the readers every chapter or two that they used to love each other tenderly and meant the world for one another. These panels could have been replaced with more meaningful interactions between Sumin x Sungji, showing an even stronger case they're the main couple. As for Seju, if they were going to introduce a love interest to help her move on from Sumin then I felt they should have introduced her during the main story instead, so it wouldn't give this impression that the new girl is just an afterthought. Love Doctor, for example, executed the healing process better for the ex who lost out in the end. At least that ballet dancer girl (forgot her name) was able to make a friend whom she could confide her problems, showing a possible hint they may be romantically involved in the future.

I can only hope if Team Gaji does make a new project, they would recognize the problems they had in WDTFS so they could create an even better series.

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

@matsuri_wins TG have had some brilliant storytelling moments in this series. I guess they lost it while writing the "ex gf" plot, if I had to see it from your perspective. They have stated it multiple times that Seju is their favourite character. I am guessing the reason the other plots seem undeveloped because plots related to Seju were overdeveloped under the influence of emotions. And that's what some readers, such as you, were upset about.

As it was mentioned in an earlier post, TG should have taken notes from Blooming Sequence. Also had an ex gf with sympathetic background, who ended up having a lot of screen time, like Seju. But unlike Team Gaji, Lee Eul knew how the balance the development of the characters, so the ex gf plot never ended up overshadowing the main couple's plot even though they were both well developed. (And it was their first manhwa series.) These never felt rushed or inadequate. The plots were interwoven but in this case you won't question the progress of the main couple, like you did in WDTFS.

Edit: Ah yes, I was going to mention The Love Doctor. Here the ex has considerably less screen time than the previous two. Rather than spending time showing flashbacks between the doctor and her ex, the story focuses more on the blooming relationship of doctor and protagonist. And that works wonderfully, as we see their progression from discovering one's sexuality (in a completely non-dramatic way) to a fumbling new couple to U-haul lesbians. Unpopular opinion: Love doctor> WDTFS lol

last edited at May 12, 2019 1:33PM

joined Apr 3, 2019

At least she's much much greater than Sumin.

How cool of you to be able to tell this much about Dowon just from reading the first 3 chapters.

Do you think I would pair her up with Seju when her personality is like Nammi, Sumin, Sungji or even the assassin?!

People really did pair her up with every single woman you have listed. It's not new.

Do you think Seju would randomly talk and smile with Dowon for no reason?

Is it out of ordinary for me to not read too much into that part since the only person living in that villa too is Dowon? And how did you know that it really was for a reason?

She's already different from others the way she treats Seju.

You could easily tell that she was created to be nothing but a Seju's gf. That's one of the reasons why I don't like her. The story would end up with another insecure relationship.

Not any random woman for your information.

She's a random woman you just found in the manhwa.

joined Dec 9, 2014

She's already different from others the way she treats Seju.

You could easily tell that she was created to be nothing but a Seju's gf. That's one of the reasons why I don't like her. The story would end up with another insecure relationship.

That's my thing too. I don't want to be nit picky or try to see the negative side, but this is exactly what you've said.
And I agree that she should have appeared earlier in the story if they wanted to make her Seju's gf, because right now it's really obvious why she's there.

Also all this "Seju smiled, so this girl must be special" just reminds me of when authors want to make a character a certain way (for example a very smart character) and they just bluntly say this character is smart, but they don't actually construct it the right way to make it believable. You just have to believe the character is smart because the author said so.
Just like now, you know this girl is supposed to be special because Seju has to move on. Well, maybe they'll add some very good storytelling with that to counter it. But that's why I also said it's too late imo. Because to counter all that flashbacks and development they'd need 50 chapters at least imo.
Or even if they didn't introduce her earlier, they could balance it with less Sumin and Seju flashbacks/development for the past 110 chapters.

Btw I don't think their relationship will be shown to be insecure though. They know they have to stop it there, so we'll get a happy ending with them imo

last edited at May 12, 2019 2:03PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

OK, this is my question about publication. I was under the impression that WDTFS-proper ended with Sumin and Sungji getting back together. I also (randomly) saw some later chapters that seemed to me to be in the nature of epilogue and/or preview for another story.

(As I said, all the sources I saw were unofficial—right around the time I was considering a Lezhin sub, that brouhaha about them being assholes to their authors happened. So I pretty much lost touch.)

So what exactly are Paradise and One, and where did/do they appear?

Paradise is a side story prequel based on Sumin & Sejus relationship before the main story while One focuses on Seju after the main story and is the current side story. Then there is chapter 108 which is based after the main story and kinda comes across as a gag chapter and stars Sumin and Sungji.

last edited at May 12, 2019 5:42PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.