Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

I know we are way past 'Paradise'. And I am not trying to stir up any sumin x seju ending… But I am just really curious about this scene from Chapter 104.
https://imgur.com/m7M9Adg

Can someone explain what does this say/imply? LOL

Looks like Seju's stepmother or sister in law was trying to set her up with a blind date. Sumin could have sworn she saw her girlfriend when dining out with her parents.

Obviously, Seju has no interest for a husband and decided to skip the appointment, which earned her a slap across the cheek from her stepmother / sister in law for making her look bad.

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

They DO end up as lovers though.

You know, that explains a lot...Readers are only happy when it’s vanilla “will you be my girlfriend?” endings...

I think you should use spoilers tags lol.

Don't they end up as only sex friends? Cause the other girl said "I'm fine with whatever relationship we have rn." Am I missing something? I am genuinely curious.

last edited at May 17, 2019 10:01AM by Nezchan

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

She is fine with whatever because her mind is totally focused on the pet girl. And the pet girl has legit obsessed over her since they were teens. They are super jealous of each other and never touched anyone else. What else is needed? Only the words “I love you” have not been said, because denial is their friend.

last edited at May 17, 2019 11:32AM

joined Feb 18, 2018

JFC how do I use spoiler tags

last edited at May 17, 2019 10:27AM

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

== blah blah == Don't keep any space between the symbols and the words, like I have done here.

Only the words “I love you” have not been said, because denial is their friend.

Yes, that's why people didn't like it, some people need everything spelled out for them

last edited at May 17, 2019 10:33AM

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

I kinda started really like the story now, when it between Seju and Won. This girl was created for Seju? Sure, like Sungji was doomed to be with Sumin. It was inoffensively funny to see that someone thought that there really can be another outcome. Art is great from the start but over time characters are better drawn, especially Seju. Beautiful women.

PS Pet aesthetic was good and I don't think that a continuation of it is needed

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

But Sungji actually had a plot around how she got together with Sumin lol Unlike now, where it's like...throw these 2 individuals into an island completely alone, and show only interactions between them even though we already know they will be together. Anyone can write that, they might as well just cut to the chase and show the final sex scene.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

But Sungji actually had a plot

But she didn't. She just fall for Sumin for no reason in first chapters, because it’s love story what did you expect. If there will be enough chapters for slowburn progression, then relationships between Seju and Won can be really good. Right now it’s too early to say, but start of WDTFS was no better. The WDTFS story structure done one thing better than your typical korean yuri weebtoon - introduced "bad" ex-girlfriend from the get go. And her story was the most ingesting for me. Yes, I'm very biased, lol. And sorry for my english.

last edited at May 22, 2019 2:35AM

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Who knows. There could be a twist in the end where Seju and Wonnie won't end up together, but they'll remain as good friends who can trust and rely upon one another like they are sworn sisters. The bonds of sismance could be even greater than romance. One doesn't necessarily need a lover to find peace and happiness with their life.

As much as I'm enjoying the sweet and innocent moments so far between them, I would like to see how they'll handle the bad time together. Overcoming a conflict situation does bring the couple closer and lets us know their relationship will actually work out, after all, no matter what drama throws at them. Sumin and Seju failed in that regard ten years ago, whereas Sumin and Sungji succeeded.

last edited at May 22, 2019 9:53AM

joined Apr 3, 2019

Who knows. There could be a twist in the end where Seju and Wonnie won't end up together

I do not think the author would choose that road though. I think they know that many readers want to see Seju moving on with other partner, or at least being able to find herself a bed buddy. Also, it would be sad to not draw Seju naked or her sex scene at all.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Also, it would be sad to not draw Seju naked or her sex scene at all.

Their current publishing platform Kakao doesn't allow explicit sex scenes containing nudity. So that dream certainly won't come true, at least not in the manhwa itself.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Who knows. There could be a twist in the end where Seju and Wonnie won't end up together, but they'll remain as good friends who can trust and rely upon one another like they are sworn sisters. The bonds of sismance could be even greater than romance. One doesn't necessarily need a lover to find peace and happiness with their life.

Good lord. Just no. That would be an even worse outcome than having a super non realistic story like right now, and also very unrealistic to boot since Won IS hot lol

As far as lack of realism goes, I would much prefer an ending in which Seju finds out her family killed her mom, finally gets fed up with being a pushover of life and hires assassins to eliminate everyone that ever did her wrong, including Sumin and Sungji. This would be incredibly satisfying.

As much as I'm enjoying the sweet and innocent moments so far between them, I would like to see how they'll handle the bad time together. Overcoming a conflict situation does bring the couple closer and lets us know their relationship will actually work out, after all, no matter what drama throws at them. Sumin and Seju failed in that regard ten years ago, whereas Sumin and Sungji succeeded.

Lol the issue is that according to Team GJ, couples can only succeed if one of the 2 is a freaking doormat who asks no questions and is ready to jump into sex and move in together right after they got cheated. What a great lesson!

Apparently Sumin and Seju are in the wrong for having some pride and personality like most real couples.

last edited at May 22, 2019 12:11PM

joined May 6, 2018

They still draw sex scenes but since Kakao doesn't allow adult content so these parts are censored. For example, I'm sure there was a steamy sex between Sungji and Sumin in chapter 108 because its length was way shorter than other chapters. Or a naked Seju in the living room after taking a bath that forced Dowon to turn her head away in chap 110. We know they removed it. Luckily, we still have a chance to see them on Tappytoon.

last edited at May 22, 2019 12:08PM

joined Apr 3, 2019

Also, it would be sad to not draw Seju naked or her sex scene at all.

Their current publishing platform Kakao doesn't allow explicit sex scenes containing nudity. So that dream certainly won't come true, at least not in the manhwa itself.

Not a problem on TappyToon.

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Who knows. There could be a twist in the end where Seju and Wonnie won't end up together

I do not think the author would choose that road though. I think they know that many readers want to see Seju moving on with other partner, or at least being able to find herself a bed buddy. Also, it would be sad to not draw Seju naked or her sex scene at all.

True enough. It's pretty doubtful the author would disappoint the Seju fans with anything other than the lovers route.

Their current publishing platform Kakao doesn't allow explicit sex scenes containing nudity. So that dream certainly won't come true, at least not in the manhwa itself.>

TappyToon has mature versions though. So it might be possible the explicit scenes will be released there instead.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

I think TappyToon only translates the raws provided to them by Kakao, since that's the case with Her Shimcheong. I hope that's not the case for One, cause I definitely want to see Won naked...

last edited at May 22, 2019 12:28PM

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Good lord. Just no. That would be an even worse outcome than having a super non realistic story like right now, and also very unrealistic to boot since Won IS hot lol

As far as lack of realism goes, I would much prefer an ending in which Seju finds out her family killed her mom, finally gets fed up with being a pushover of life and hires assassins to eliminate everyone that ever did her wrong, including Sumin and Sungji. This would be incredibly satisfying.

What, you want Seju to go mad queen?

That'll be an even worse ending than the Game of Thrones finale lol.

Lol the issue is that according to Team GJ, couples can only succeed if one of the 2 is a freaking doormat who asks no questions and is ready to jump into sex and move in together right after they got cheated. What a great lesson!

Apparently Sumin and Seju are in the wrong for having some pride and personality like most real couples.

Sumin felt pretty bad for cheating on Sungji. And unlike Seju, she did not try to shift any blame whatsoever on Sungji, making it sound like it was her fault too. Perhaps that's why Sungji was willing to be more forgiving to grant her another chance. Seju, on the other hand, chooses her words poorly and as a result, she blew her chance.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

You have some strong bias there.

Sumin only explained in the right way because Sungji gave her a chance to. Sungji was much calmer, not punching and kicking, and was actually willing to listen and have a conversation. The dialogue is even indicative of that..Sumin is just running after Sungji until Sungji HERSELF asks Sumin if she is following her because she wants to apologize, say she is sorry etc. And Sumin says yes and explains herself.

Different reactions from the person being cheated on also lead to different reactions from the cheater. Sungji was willing to look at Sumin in a forgiving manner from the very start even though the situation was much more severe: cheating long-term with someone both know after giving Sungji a relationship ring, and emotional cheating on top of that; unlike Seju’s case where it was clearly a drunken hookup after a big fight where a breakup was implied by Sumin herself. And why did Sungji react with preemptive forgiveness? Well sorry but the only explanation is because she is a doormat lol

I know why Sumin was much more unwilling to forgive though: since she idealizes Seju, she can only see Seju as goddess or the devil incarnated, nothing in between. Only people who are “ordinary” are allowed to make mistakes, and Sumin makes it clear throughout the series that no matter if she loves or hates Seju, she is unable to see Seju as ordinary and has a HUGE inferiority complex towards her (thus the overly prideful reaction to the cheating, self destruction etc). It’s like dating someone who you believe to be way out your league: if they make any mistake, your already fragile ego is crushed because it confirms your fear that you weren’t good enough.

last edited at May 22, 2019 2:48PM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

What, you want Seju to go mad queen?

That'll be an even worse ending than the Game of Thrones finale lol.

I personally think Danny was glorious when she unleashed her rage over the city. A moment of peak victory followed by death is worth a lifetime of struggles. If Seju did the same I would definitely be satisfied.

last edited at May 22, 2019 2:38PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

sunbaenim

Their true nature is showing what else? Lol, maybe ban that delulu matsuri too if youre already at it again. But theyre just gonna come back again with their other alt accounts and pretend to be someone else as always ;)

it feels like this sentence was talking about me somehow, lol, such a joke, lol

matsuri_wins
BTW I gotta say: for the folks foaming in the mouth here, Sumin in my opinion is brilliantly written as fictional character and protagonist. She is unique and even better than Seju who is now being sanitized unfortunately. I deeply dislike Sumin and can relate to her a lot at the same time, which is precisely why the main story was great for me. She makes you pause and think.

To each your own, personally, I dont relate to Sumin at all in her actions.

It's undestandable for her to be angry at Seju for cheating but blaming her for the scars she has had, basically blaming everything on Seju, I personally cant relate on that. You can choose a way to release your anger but putting it all on a person you once love is definitely not sth I can relate, lol

Receiving every effing gifts Seju gave her from cars to houses, while being angry at her and also despises Seju at the same time? How the heck people relate to her in these actions? @@

Cheating on Sungji with Seju thinking this is the last time with Seju? What the heck is she thinking doing sth like that. Honestly, this particular event is one of a bunch of events make me personally think the author is just creating a book about sex and cheesy love.

Honestly though, maybe others could say I'm biased, there are two characters who are pretty unique and very different from other comics in this story and they are Seju and Sumin. However, to me, Sumin is unique in a bad way, while Seju is in a good way.

Like, if you reverse their roles in this comic, Seju as protagonist who needs to be healed and Sumin as antagonist, what would happen? With Sumin's actions in this comic, if she is the antagonist, she might not receive a lot of sympathy from readers like she is right now when being the protagonist , while if Seju is the protagonist, I'm pretty sure alot of people will sympathize and forgive her, at least right now, she is still the antagonist but people still like her a lot.

They're both unique. Seju is very unique as an antagonist, but I personally dont think Sumin is in a good way of unique as a protagonist who needs to be healed.

Sumin in my opinion is brilliantly written as fictional character and protagonist

With all of her mistakes and unforgiven actions, I'm not so sure why it's called "brilliantly written"?

To be honest, to me, Sumin has the worst character development among all three. At least, Sungji sticks with her own nature even though I want her to be more, while Seju is becoming a person people like a lot for a reason and for the better or worse, people remember Seju as a bad woman with endless love for her first love. What does Sumin have? Except a dark past because she wanted to torture herself and her ex then after 10 years falling in love with a naive girl for God - knows reason.

Can't believe it took Sumin more than 10 years to able to love someone like Sungji, lol. The part of describing their love is so shallow that I'm always having this thought: Man, does this need to be 10 years to have a Sungji? LOL, if Sumin is this easy to fall in love, 1 year is already enough for her to find a new "the love of her life".

With Sumin, honestly, her development is just about going downfall. From a cool girl to person who I'm not so sure why she is the protagonist and why does she deserve to be healed in the first place?

last edited at May 23, 2019 5:35AM

joined Apr 3, 2019

Can't believe it took Sumin more than 10 years to able to love someone like Sungji, lol. The part of describing their love is so shallow that I'm always having this thought: Man, does this need to be 10 years to have a Sungji? LOL, if Sumin is this easy to fall in love, 1 year is already enough for her to find a new "the love of her life".

It's the case for Seju now.

With Sumin, honestly, her development is just about going downfall. From a cool girl to person who I'm not so sure why she is the protagonist and why does she deserve to be healed in the first place?

She chased healing, so eventually she found one. You can't be healed just because you deserve it.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

sunbaenim

Their true nature is showing what else? Lol, maybe ban that delulu matsuri too if youre already at it again. But theyre just gonna come back again with their other alt accounts and pretend to be someone else as always ;)

it feels like this sentence was talking about me somehow, lol, such a joke, lol

matsuri_wins
BTW I gotta say: for the folks foaming in the mouth here, Sumin in my opinion is brilliantly written as fictional character and protagonist. She is unique and even better than Seju who is now being sanitized unfortunately. I deeply dislike Sumin and can relate to her a lot at the same time, which is precisely why the main story was great for me. She makes you pause and think.

To each your own, personally, I dont relate to Sumin at all in her actions.

Ah, maybe I should have explained better: the part I relate to about her is not her revenge on Seju, but rather the self-destructive way in which she handled the cheating. Trying to go out with a lot of girls, partying a lot, and also her “traumatic” flashbacks whenever she was with some girl etc. Or her initial way of dealing with Sungji more as a plaything, while being surprised and pretending not to like when Sungji was being sweet but deep down softening up because of it. That part is very similar to my gf and I when we first met.

It’s just too bad Sungji in the story became a total Mary Sue though, so I still like Seju and Sumin much better lol

It's undestandable for her to be angry at Seju for cheating but blaming her for the scars she has had, basically blaming everything on Seju, I personally cant relate on that. You can choose a way to release your anger but putting it all on a person you once love is definitely not sth I can relate, lol

Receiving every effing gifts Seju gave her from cars to houses, while being angry at her and also despises Seju at the same time? How the heck people relate to her in these actions? @@

Cheating on Sungji with Seju thinking this is the last time with Seju? What the heck is she thinking doing sth like that. Honestly, this particular event is one of a bunch of events make me personally think the author is just creating a book about sex and cheesy love.

Honestly though, maybe others could say I'm biased, there are two characters who are pretty unique and very different from other comics in this story and they are Seju and Sumin. However, to me, Sumin is unique in a bad way, while Seju is in a good way.

Like, if you reverse their roles in this comic, Seju as protagonist who needs to be healed and Sumin as antagonist, what would happen? With Sumin's actions in this comic, if she is the antagonist, she might not receive a lot of sympathy from readers like she is right now when being the protagonist , while if Seju is the protagonist, I'm pretty sure alot of people will sympathize and forgive her, at least right now, she is still the antagonist but people still like her a lot.

They're both unique. Seju is very unique as an antagonist, but I personally dont think Sumin is in a good way of unique as a protagonist who needs to be healed.

Sumin in my opinion is brilliantly written as fictional character and protagonist

With all of her mistakes and unforgiven actions, I'm not so sure why it's called "brilliantly written"?

To be honest, to me, Sumin has the worst character development among all three. At least, Sungji sticks with her own nature even though I want her to be more, while Seju is becoming a person people like a lot for a reason and for the better or worse, people remember Seju as a bad woman with endless love for her first love. What does Sumin have? Except a dark past because she wanted to torture herself and her ex then after 10 years falling in love with a naive girl for God - knows reason.

last edited at May 23, 2019 8:33AM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

It's the case for Seju now.

Yeah lol they are giving Seju the same type of direction, which is stupid. If all it took for Seju to fall in love again was a pretty face and some muscles, well I am sure she had a lot of options as CEO and probably hottest rich lady in Seoul lol

She chased healing, so eventually she found one. You can't be healed just because you deserve it.

Actually for me, the biggest proof Sumin doesn’t love Sungji in the best way came at the very moment she told Seju, crying, that Sungji had left. The words used here are everything: she says Sungji was a good one, that she thought she could finally work out “with someone” this time etc. I’ve had friends telling me these exact words before. She sees Sungji as someone to place into the role of gf because she really wants one lol That’s the reason she picked Sungji, because she was ready to have a gf now and Sungji happened to be there so she was picked for the role.

Sungji’s words are also reflective of a kind of bittersweet self-reflection about it: she says she never knew having someone just look at her would be so hard. Are these the words of someone who feels loved and feels she was chosen for being special? Not in my world.

And don’t get me wrong, she might be shown to become special in the last side story. But at the end of WDTFS she is definitely a rebound, a means for Sumin to experience again having a gf and nice relationship.

last edited at May 23, 2019 9:07AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ While this basically makes sense, it buys into the “true love” myth that the series seems to be ambivalent about.

I don’t mean “ambivalent” in the sense of “wish-washy,” but in the sense that part of the overall thematic incoherence of this series is that ideologically it seems to be all-in in two mutually exclusive ways:

SejuxSumin = two people “destined” for one another, the very depths of their emotions tearing them apart, whose lives will never be the same again after experiencing what they had together, etc.

SungjixSumin = (to me) more like the real world: two people encounter each other at particular times in their respective lives and they fit in some basic way that allows them to be together (or they fit in certain ways and they are able to adapt themselves to fit with each other in other ways so they can be together).

That’s all bearing in mind that these are fictional constructs who only “truly” love one another if the authors say they do, and if they don’t, they don’t, of course.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Totally agreed, Blastaar. And all-in thematic incoherence is the best way to put it. Whether on purpose or not, I have no idea. That does generate all the buzz though, which maybe is the point?

To reply you must either login or sign up.