Forum › Salad Bowl discussion

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

By the first page, I thought it was the same author as Kase-san lmao.

last edited at Apr 27, 2019 3:16AM

Fb_img_1519001452689
joined Feb 14, 2018

this storys wild

joined Dec 28, 2016

What "slur" is everyone talking about? I didn't notice anything.

joined Jan 10, 2017

It’d be a lot easier to invest in if I didn’t have the sneaking suspiscion that the slur is going to remain a casual component of this world’s “lore”.

I mean, it's not necessarily a "slur". I do think it's a bit out of place though.

joined Jan 10, 2017

People going SJW over the word gypsy.

joined Feb 1, 2018

The text was rather heavy (Especially that monologue) but it seems very unique. Will have to wait and see.

joined Feb 23, 2013

The first splash page reminded me of Lupin the 3rd artwork somehow.

joined May 28, 2018

Didn't see the gypsy problem here.

But anyway, nice, really good, looking forward to the next one.
And i really wanna see that chase scene as a anime, gona be amazingu.

Icon3
joined Dec 17, 2017

Interesting manga! I loved when the car crashed through the wall, and the exposition dump, while silly, isn't that big a deal. Neat setup.

People going SJW over the word gypsy.

Rule of thumb: If it's an insult used by people supporting the nazis in 1940 to describe a group of people the nazis were exterminating, while that group uses a different name for themselves, it's a slur.

If that is a "SJW" distinction, then SJW, as usual, just means "normal person", even if that makes nazis very angry. :)

Mind, gypsy (or gypped) is generally a slur that mostly shows the one using it is not very bright. The entire term comes from Europeans thinking that Romani were from Egypt.

last edited at Apr 28, 2019 3:38AM

joined Feb 23, 2013

I guess a whole genre of music is racist now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gypsy_jazz

I'm sure nazis love their jazz.

last edited at Apr 28, 2019 5:08AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yes, yes, I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that people have used the word since they were kids and don't know a thing about Romani had no idea the term was considered a slur (including, very likely, the manga author).

I'm even more shocked that some folks are trying to find ways to invalidate that it's considered a slur, so therefore they haven't been doing anything bad and don't have to change their behaviour.

I'm mortally shocked that somebody went and dug up an apparent exception as a "gotcha", which surely must bring the whole thing down.

What I'm not shocked by is that some fool intoned the magic word "SJW".

And you all shouldn't be a bit shocked that I'm telling everyone to cut it out. If you still haven't got it out of your system, there's a big internet out there with better venues to argue your point.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

I saw this manga everywhere on Twitter (JP) and I didn't expect a translation for this one:o

joined Apr 8, 2018

Yes, yes, I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that people have used the word since they were kids and don't know a thing about Romani had no idea the term was considered a slur (including, very likely, the manga author).

I'm even more shocked that some folks are trying to find ways to invalidate that it's considered a slur, so therefore they haven't been doing anything bad and don't have to change their behaviour.

I'm mortally shocked that somebody went and dug up an apparent exception as a "gotcha", which surely must bring the whole thing down.

What I'm not shocked by is that some fool intoned the magic word "SJW".

And you all shouldn't be a bit shocked that I'm telling everyone to cut it out. If you still haven't got it out of your system, there's a big internet out there with better venues to argue your point.

I'm having a really hard time trying to figure out if this whole post is satire or not. I don't really care either way, but still.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Comedy, Yuri, Adventure tags: all well-deserved and present...
But there's one tag that I don't see that I think is also well-deserved: What the fuck am I reading?

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

already in love with the art and humor. give me loli

Gintama_sakata_gintoki_man_sword_greeting_smile_35615_300x240
joined Apr 29, 2019

not much real food but girls like snacc, thank u author

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Quite possibly the most shounen yuri start I've ever seen. Looking forward to more...although let's hope the amount of actual, substantive yuri remains high. Long gone are the days I could fully trust Yuri Hime; this could easily fall into another of their low-yuri-broaden-genre-appeal gambits.

Regardless of how it turns out, thanks C9B.

last edited at Apr 30, 2019 2:34AM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This was a pretty interesting start to a yuri
God it's nice to see a yuri without a high school in sight
I'm ready to see more of these gypsies, tramps, and thieves

Shipping Account
Fb_img_1534347820826
joined Oct 2, 2018

A long travel with girls and yuri....I'm in xD

joined Jul 22, 2019

The art style looks so professional!

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Is there going to be any further chapters here?

joined Dec 30, 2018

Still waiting

joined Dec 30, 2018

Still waiting

joined Dec 30, 2018

Still waiting

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Does anyone know if this gets good later, or at least stays good? The author's twitter shows a second volume is out there, so clearly there's more. I'd like to see if it develops some proper yuri romance.

To reply you must either login or sign up.