Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V2 + FAQ

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

I like to open different images in multiple tabs (and not clicking on an individual image to open it in a new tab and closing it one by one in the same manner), I think it would be good if images with multiple pages (i.e. A Comic) only previews the first image of the comic and all the other pages of it are "hidden" from the images section, so that no one will open an image which is actually a part of a comic.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Girls und Panzer - Motto Love Love Sakusen desu! ch 12 & extra page
uploaded because it comes with the extra page boys version.

last edited at Jun 28, 2014 7:04AM

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

I like to open different images in multiple tabs (and not clicking on an individual image to open it in a new tab and closing it one by one in the same manner), I think it would be good if images with multiple pages (i.e. A Comic) only previews the first image of the comic and all the other pages of it are "hidden" from the images section, so that no one will open an image which is actually a part of a comic.

Only comics with 1-2ish pages are put in the images section, everything else should still be uploaded as a chapter. Hiding images with previous/next attachments would hide other things besides just comics, too, like images that have a continuation or follow-up.

last edited at Jun 27, 2014 11:19PM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Two different scanlations. Although I prefer the Wings of Yuri version, I think we chose to have both of them on the reader, due to neither being notably better or worse to any significant degree.

joined Jun 18, 2014

From the last page

One suggestion, since it's used on some other websites, is to allow individual images in doujins/manga to be commented on.
If distracting from the pages is a problem then it could simply be opened up, so like "Comments (22)" or something like that would be clicked and would open up to show the comments. I suggest it because it will increase activity and can make for more specific discussion for certain stories.

I think it would really help the site (particularly if anons could comment), but I won't bring it up again. :P

Also this was probably brought up before, but a simple private message system might be good, maybe have it store up to 5 messages or something like that if bandwidth is a problem.

last edited at Jul 1, 2014 10:38AM

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

Just wondering if this was already brought up or not.

About the "Read" and "To Read" list for series.
Will it be feasible to automatically tag a series on the "Read" list once all the chapters has been tagged with "Read"?

Thanks!

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

So I was trying to figure out what http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4758071942/ was, and it turns out to be a collection of Shuninta one-shots, a number of which are already on Dynasty. Would it be possible to group those one-shots together under this collection? The title of the collection translates as "The Structural Formula of First Love", and the chapter ordering appears to be:

1. 大人の女は無理をしない。*
  2. 夢見る夜明け (Dream at Dawn)
  3. セルフレームの向こう側*
  4. BACKSHOT
  5. 初恋構造式 (The Structural Formula of First Love)
  6. さんまんえんではかえません (Not For Sale)

*Not yet scanlated, it seems

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Saki Shinohayu ch 10

STOP, the last two pages are fake!! you can get the real pages at http://tmnbe-scans.blogspot.kr/2014/07/shinohayu-10.html and ask him to stop messing around.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

May I request for the yuri tag to be removed from Konno Kita's "Cotton", since it's currently one of the fixed tags? At the end it is established that the main character is going out with a guy and the other female protagonist is entirely okay with her marrying and only wishes to stay with her platonically. Not sure whether they're really spoilers, but tagged just in case.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

...Would it be possible to group those one-shots together under this collection? The title of the collection translates as "The Structural Formula of First Love"...

Here you go!

May I request for the yuri tag to be removed from Konno Kita's "Cotton", since it's currently one of the fixed tags?

I know it's been rejected several times; I also know the main staff was responsible for that originally, so...You'll have to wait for one of the higher-ups to assume a position on it. Though...

other female protagonist is entirely okay with her marrying and only wishes to stay with her platonically.

I never really read it that way, honestly. Accepting that you can't "go dancing dancing" with the girl you love is hardly a sign that you only wish to be platonic. In the real world we typically call it "accepting reality." Though it has admittedly been a long while since I last read it.

last edited at Jul 3, 2014 12:24PM

joined Jul 5, 2014

I think the comments on individual images idea is a good one and was kinda surprised it is not on this site, it really could up the activeness especially if anonymous persons could comment

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

So... um, I'm getting a redirect from the main page of the reader. Says the page does not exist. Obviously other pages I can get to as I am typing here.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

So... um, I'm getting a redirect from the main page of the reader. Says the page does not exist. Obviously other pages I can get to as I am typing here.

You have more information about this? I am not seeing this issue.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Yeah ok.... not sure what was wrong. I got to the page after typing it in the browser, but the bookmark wasn't working.

Two and Two merits a poly or polyamory tag, but no such tag exists.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Would an "abuse" be useful here? We used that for our release of "3/3 Memories" (mostly for people who filter Tumblr tags), and I was wondering if that might not be useful here too for people who want to blacklist it - or who at least want a head-up before reading something that heavy (I noticed some shocked reactions in the comments).

emer Uploader
Hgfd
YuriHouse
joined Jul 14, 2013

Unsure where to ask this really, but is it possible to help out to pay the server bill?
I have yet to spot a thread or function to donate, but I just might be bad at looking.

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Unsure where to ask this really, but is it possible to help out to pay the server bill?
I have yet to spot a thread or function to donate, but I just might be bad at looking.

You're not missing anything. We simply don't feel comfortable accepting money.
Also, we don't actually pay for this server thanks to GOD, who has kindly provided us with said server.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Thanks for the support, but we do not currently accept donations. The server we use has generously been provided to us for free. With no costs there is no need for donations, if this situation changes we would probably start accepting them.

emer Uploader
Hgfd
YuriHouse
joined Jul 14, 2013

You're not missing anything. We simply don't feel comfortable accepting money.
Also, we don't actually pay for this server thanks to GOD, who has kindly provided us with said server.

Thanks for the support, but we do not currently accept donations. The server we use has generously been provided to us for free. With no costs there is no need for donations, if this situation changes we would probably start accepting them.

Really now, a free server? Got to say I'm stunned by your luck, please share some with me for this winter's comiket.

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

Just wondering...
Been using my ipad for reading here... I often encounter a somewhat "freeze" on page loading for "two-paged"page. So I just have to go to google and search for the same manga and browse back on what page I'm missing.
I don't know if it's just me, but, yeah. Would be great if all is well.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

That's mostly because the iPad is not very powerful. Try closing all other processes and click the download page link to get the file without loading the next page.

joined Aug 9, 2013

I know that must have been asked alot of times before, but please let me ask: When will we have a "Load all images" button?
It will really be a great help if we can read a manga without having to flip every page...which takes a few minutes to load

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I know that must have been asked alot of times before, but please let me ask: When will we have a "Load all images" button?
It will really be a great help if we can read a manga without having to flip every page...which takes a few minutes to load

From MrE earlier in the thread:

Not going to happen as long as we're not loaded in cash. The current system is in place to aid in cutting down on bandwidth consumption, which we're currently using quite a bit on. By enabling people to go ham on the both the online reader and the direct downloads, the user experience is going to be shot harder than it is now.

To reply you must either login or sign up.