Forum › After School ch01 discussion

joined Jun 21, 2018

Why do Yuri couples still say "We're both girls, so it doesn't count". That says nothing anymore.

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

This is extremely my shit. 100 chapters please.

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

The name kanji are different but just pronounced the same. Towa is Toma's assistant and yes, they are a couple. A friend of mine confirmed this when she talked to both of them.

What a talented couple

Eriumi-ss
joined Oct 30, 2014

I’m surprised the general audience here seems to not know the OG LL Yuri by Ooshima Tomo, but then again all her works were during 2013-2014 so like >5years ago. 5 freakin years.

let that sinks in. (I feel so old)

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Why is that in many Yuri mangas this "We're both girls so it doesn't count" line is used? What century do these girls live in lmao

The number of yuri characters in series that I've read who say "We're both girls so it doesn't count" who seem to actually believe that is vanishingly small, at least for manga written this century. It obviously provides cover/plausible deniability for two girls kissing for the first time--"I didn't mean anything weird--it's just practice!"

I live in a country where there is ZERO gay content available in the media. People aren't aware about homosexuality that much, or what might be the impact of two people of same-sex kissing. Still nobody, and I mean NOBODY will "practice kissing-with-a-person-of-same-gender-because-that's-totally-not-weird". Comparatively, Japan has way more LGBTQA+ stuff available to the general masses. One would expect two teenagers, who should have a least bit of idea about western culture, will not say stuff like that. Sorry, I don't mean any offense, just find it hilarious how much this cliché line is used.

...That's why sex ed classes should have lab sections with make-out practice.--"hands-on learning," as it were. lol

Oh, how I wish.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Why is that in many Yuri mangas this "We're both girls so it doesn't count" line is used? What century do these girls live in lmao

The number of yuri characters in series that I've read who say "We're both girls so it doesn't count" who seem to actually believe that is vanishingly small, at least for manga written this century. It obviously provides cover/plausible deniability for two girls kissing for the first time--"I didn't mean anything weird--it's just practice!"

I live in a country where there is ZERO gay content available in the media. People aren't aware about homosexuality that much, or what might be the impact of two people of same-sex kissing. Still nobody, and I mean NOBODY will "practice kissing-with-a-person-of-same-gender-because-that's-totally-not-weird". Comparatively, Japan has way more LGBTQA+ stuff available to the general masses. One would expect two teenagers, who should have a least bit of idea about western culture, will not say stuff like that. Sorry, I don't mean any offense, just find it hilarious how much this cliché line is used.

I’m not saying this has anything to do with the behavior of actual schoolgirls in contemporary Japan (or anywhere else, although I’m sure it sometimes happens irl). I’m talking about the role it plays in stories—it’s a quick and fairly efficient way to get the narrative where it’s going. And it’s much more often shown as characters obviously pretending they’re pretending as a cover story than it is as characters who truly believe that “it doesn’t really count.”

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PracticeKiss

Damn, I mean, what percentage of the behavior in yuri manga do people think is an accurate depiction of the everyday lives of people in Japan? 5%? 2%? Less?

joined May 9, 2011

Probably less...
That's why those type of manga are necessary !
Cause reality doesn't provide cute and happy story.
To both Ooshima-sensei : Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

Please, pleeeease do more :)

48415285_590924341357470_2320604137500180480_n
joined Jan 1, 2019

Lvl. 99 Gangster
"Lets fuck again afterschool"

Clipboard00
joined Oct 30, 2015

So goooooooood.

MORE PLEASE.

joined Apr 14, 2018

I’m surprised the general audience here seems to not know the OG LL Yuri by Ooshima Tomo, but then again all her works were during 2013-2014 so like >5years ago. 5 freakin years.

let that sinks in. (I feel so old)

I do know her.
glad to know we're getting old together lol.

however I've been waiting for more from Tomo... I like how she draw two girls who are thirsty for each other and got even hungrier after they kiss lol. it gets my mind rolling... into the gutter. so I'm glad this finally get translated

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

This was very nice, and the art was really cute as well. Loved it.

Schermata%202019-01-10%20alle%2012.23.08
joined Mar 20, 2018

Woah, I loved this

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

Oh man, how I missed Oshimas, I feel good seeing their works again

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Ooshima tomo never disappoints

Makasete
joined Sep 21, 2016

I was just about to buy and scan this when I see it posted, brilliant thank you Yuri-ism love you lot <3

Large
joined Nov 25, 2018

Probably less...
That's why those type of manga are necessary !
Cause reality doesn't provide cute and happy story.
To both Ooshima-sensei : Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

Please, pleeeease do more :)

That's exactly what is my idea to all Yuri manga

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I just want to remind you that this has already 5 chapters and 2 chapters of a side couple. look

joined Feb 25, 2019

It

joined Feb 25, 2019

It is so nice I'm looking forward for the next chapters

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

damn... that was probably the best work from Ososhima tomo

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

*Sakura trick flashbacks *

YES

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

So this does have a continuation right? The story doesn't have it's own chapter selection page though but I think it did. If so, what happened to it?

last edited at Apr 24, 2019 3:33AM

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

It was only a kiss how did it end up like this

IT WAS ONLY A KISS

IT WAS ONLY A KISS

NOW I'M FALLING ASLEEP

AND SHE'S CALLING A CAB

WHILE HE'S HAVING A SMOKE

AND SHE'S TAKING A DRAG

NOW THEY'RE GOING TO BED

AND MY STOMACH IS SICK

joined May 17, 2019

Gosssshhh I hope this continues....... I was really starting to get into it.

joined Nov 5, 2018

So this does have a continuation right? The story doesn't have it's own chapter selection page though but I think it did. If so, what happened to it?

I guess no one will translate/scan, sad I like it.
There's those chinese scans https://www.manhuaren.com/manhua-fangkehou/

Ooshima Tomo is just so good.

To reply you must either login or sign up.