Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

YagaKimi made it into top 10 for the 2018 Nico Nico's annual anime general election voted by internet users: https://twitter.com/islamctear/status/1084455934519328768

It also won the Phoenix award (https://twitter.com/nico_nico_news/status/1083350152549548032 & https://twitter.com/yagakimi/status/1084446935967096833) where it was voted back into the main race for top 10 after being eliminated in an earlier round (top 5 for each season).

A double dose of "A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.".

There was a live stream for the announcement and actual trophies were being handed out as well: https://twitter.com/nico_nico_news/status/1084460076444733441 (You can see YagaKimi's producer holding the phoenix trophy on the right. He's wearing a YagaKimi shirt underneath the grey coat with YagaKimi badges pinning on it around the waist. True dedication lol)

Lol

last edited at Jan 13, 2019 2:44PM

Incredibles_2_international_trailer_2%20(4)
joined Sep 11, 2017

Hello everyone! Been silent reader this whole time and then create an account just to share this.
The synopsis of Yagakimi spin off "Saeki Sayaka ni Tsuite", if anyone interested.
https://greatpassage.wordpress.com/2018/11/16/yagate-kimi-ni-naru-saeki-sayaka-ni-tsuite/

I don't know whether anyone has already share it or not, but here it is for anyone who interested in Sayaka's story.

Thanks for sharing this it was a great read!

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I’ve got a couple of unrelated questions having to do with Sayaka. Maybe the first is just an observation:

Twice we’ve had examples of Sayaka starting fairly significant conversations that we haven’t actually been shown:

In Chapter 23, Sayaka asks Touko to tell her about her sister, specifically what Mio meant to her. The staging explicitly refuses to show what was said, because once Sayaka makes her request, we get 6 mostly silent panels of before and after the unseen conversation (some of which could have been used to show the scene). I assume the matter would simply repeat information that we know from before, but it is a scene of Touko opening up to Sayaka that should be of some emotional significance to their relationship.

Then in Chapter 36, Sayaka asks Miyako to tell her about her relationship with Riko. Miyako agrees, then we cut away to the two of them coming home. To some extent the subsequent special chapter stands in for that conversation (but isn’t a literal reenactment of it—Sayaka asked about the relationship generally, not for the story of how they met and got together).

No big point here, just a pattern that we don’t see too often unless there’s obviously going to be a later reveal—you know, two characters lean in together and one says, “OK, here’s the plan . . “ (Cutaway to something else, with the plan to be shown later).

The second one is a real question: Why is it a given that Miyako and Sayaka going somewhere after school together is “wrong,” and that Riko is going to scold them (which she does)? What rules are being broken, and why do teachers get to scold students for what they’re doing with their free time?

That “What are you thinking, taking some kid around?” implies that it’s a serious transgression of some kind (unless it’s implied paranoia/anxiety about potential lesbian sexual abuse charges or something).

So Nezchan mentioned the uniform rules thing and the "go straight home" thing, which is possible, though we don't know the rules for her school, so maybe that's part of it, maybe it's not.

But honestly, even without that, there are a -ton- of reasons why it could be problematic.

The simplest is jealousy. Not that I think Sayaka is any real threat to their relationship (as I said elsewhere) but some people just don't like their SO doing stuff with other people. That would speak to an insecurity that I don't think is likely for Riko, though. They seem pretty secure and happy in their relationship.

No, I think the others that come to mind are more likely, and it probably isn't just one of them. There's the possibility of the school rules forbidding it, but also:

First, Riko is in the closet at work. Nobody there, including her students, knows she's in a relationship with another woman, and if people found out, she -could- face discrimination. So it could just be "Why are you taking chances by hanging around with my students you're gonna get us outed!" It's not really implied that Miyako ever told her about Sayaka or her feelings for Touko, so she doesn't know with certainty that Sayaka is "a friendly". So it could just be that she's defensive about risks that can get them outed. (Like when she was worried in general about her students hanging out at the cafe too regularly.)

Also, a lot of people, including in Japan, conflate homosexuals with pedophiles. So if it DOES come out that Miyako and Riko are in a relationship, and somebody in Sayaka's class is like "Hey, didn't she go to that cafe with Saeki-san?" "Oh yeah, I saw them there!" "Is she one of them, do you think?" etc etc. I mean you shouldn't have to temper your behavior to avoid getting hostility from douchebag bigots, but it's still a thing that happens.

Then there's the responsibility thing. If there was an accident or something, Miyako would be responsible, Sayaka's parents didn't know about it, etc. etc. Parents can be pretty difficult when they're being protective, so that could also be a headache even if nothing serious happened.

But I think the most important thing is she hadn't been told about any of it. Given the way she calmed down after the explanation (Did you have fun being a sempai?) I think this is the main thing. She was annoyed at being out of the loop.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ Thanks, Heavensrun. I had kind of considered all of those possibilities (and Nezchan's too). Maybe the most striking thing to me was that Miyako and Sayaka both assumed up front that Riko would scold them if she knew, while (to me) an upperclassman high-schooler chatting with an adult friend over tea and pastries seems like the most anodyne thing in the world.

We get such limited glimpses of our characters' home lives (except for Yuu's) and of the institutional hierarchy at the school that it's a little hard to conceive of a dramatic parental/administrative intervention at this late date, especially given the "Absurdly Independent" variation of this trope:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AbsurdlyPowerfulStudentCouncil

Do we even know for a fact that any teachers are along on the class trip? (I mean, we assume they must be there somewhere, but most of the authority figures who could conceivably constrain the behavior of the main characters throughout the story are almost entirely invisible to us.)

joined Oct 22, 2018

My brother and I just finished re-watching the anime. Just like every previous time I watched the train ride scene, I almost had a heart attack from sheer happiness... And considering how popular it got and how many blue-rays were sold AND to top it all off with the Phoenix award, I'm convinced that the making of season 2 isn't a matter of if, but when. overly excited mumbling

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I saw some people aren’t happy that Yagakimi is in 10th place. Yes, if we’ll base it to story and direction, Yagakimi could be in higher place. Could be in top 5 if not in top 3. But the awards seems about popularity also, 10th place is kinda high considering it was for year 2018 (2018 has great anime tbh). And to the fact that Yagakimi was voted out but still keep on the race meant it has strong supports. I was laughing how Kusunoki and Nakatani kept tweeting about it, and Goda by sketching. And we know yuri anime not really a mainstream, so yeah 10th place is good.

last edited at Jan 14, 2019 8:43PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

My brother and I just finished re-watching the anime. Just like every previous time I watched the train ride scene, I almost had a heart attack from sheer happiness... And considering how popular it got and how many blue-rays were sold AND to top it all off with the Phoenix award, I'm convinced that the making of season 2 isn't a matter of if, but when. overly excited mumbling

Well, I don't want to be a killjoy, but the problem is whether that interest is still there by the time they would be able to get started on a second season.

They don't necessarily have to wait until the manga is done to start development of another season, but there isn't that much material to make a season out of right now. The play is an episode, with another episode dedicated to the buildup, another after to do Yuu's confession, and another after that for the fallout, and one more still for Sayaka's confession. That leaves seven more, which at the pace they went at last season, is about 14 more chapters. That's another year, probably, before they even have enough material to fill a season, assuming they don't fill in Sayaka backstory with novelization stuff. Will the interest still be here a year from now? It's possible, but it's possible not.

I'm adopting "wait and see" and trying not to get my hopes up. It'd be awesome to see a second season, but I've been burned before. ;p

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

^ Thanks, Heavensrun. I had kind of considered all of those possibilities (and Nezchan's too). Maybe the most striking thing to me was that Miyako and Sayaka both assumed up front that Riko would scold them if she knew, while (to me) an upperclassman high-schooler chatting with an adult friend over tea and pastries seems like the most anodyne thing in the world.

Well, Sayaka might also be assuming that Riko would be jealous, because she's a kid and as mature as she is, she still might have a bit of a childish perspective, but yeah.

You have to remember how much conformity plays into Japanese society, tho.

We get such limited glimpses of our characters' home lives (except for Yuu's) and of the institutional hierarchy at the school that it's a little hard to conceive of a dramatic parental/administrative intervention at this late date, especially given the "Absurdly Independent" variation of this trope:

I don't think it's actually a thing that would happen, but it could still be something that weighs on the minds of the characters now and then.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AbsurdlyPowerfulStudentCouncil

Do we even know for a fact that any teachers are along on the class trip? (I mean, we assume they must be there somewhere, but most of the authority figures who could conceivably constrain the behavior of the main characters throughout the story are almost entirely invisible to us.)

Well, they haven't shown the teachers, but I assume they're there. Riko is Yuu's teacher, IIRC, so she's teaching the wrong grade for it, but the second year's teachers are probably there. There's no way they'd send everyone to Kyoto without supervision.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, they haven't shown the teachers, but I assume they're there. Riko is Yuu's teacher, IIRC, so she's teaching the wrong grade for it, but the second year's teachers are probably there. There's no way they'd send everyone to Kyoto without supervision.

Like I said, we know they have to be there, but it seems unlikely that any school authority figure (besides Riko) would have any significant role to play at this late date, given that they have been almost non-presences so far.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Well, I don't want to be a killjoy, but the problem is whether that interest is still there by the time they would be able to get started on a second season.

They don't necessarily have to wait until the manga is done to start development of another season, but there isn't that much material to make a season out of right now. The play is an episode, with another episode dedicated to the buildup, another after to do Yuu's confession, and another after that for the fallout, and one more still for Sayaka's confession. That leaves seven more, which at the pace they went at last season, is about 14 more chapters. That's another year, probably, before they even have enough material to fill a season, assuming they don't fill in Sayaka backstory with novelization stuff. Will the interest still be here a year from now? It's possible, but it's possible not.

I'm adopting "wait and see" and trying not to get my hopes up. It'd be awesome to see a second season, but I've been burned before. ;p

The first season adapted 24 chapters and it didn't feel like it dragged at any moment, so depending on where the story goes we could perfectly have a season 2 going on as early as next year. The question is: where's the story going?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

As long as the manga keeps going the interest is still there. I'd estimate that at best season 2 will be here by the start of 2020. After the manga is finished of course. Anything earlier than that just asks for another cliffhanger and a season 3 is really unlikely (not enough material either).

From what I can tell the studio would like to finish the story in one clean swipe once they get an okay for a season 2, so it's best to wait. It's far from uncommon for a second (or third) season to appear years later.

last edited at Jan 15, 2019 7:52AM

Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

I have a real unwanted feeling that this will have an outcome similar to that of Aoi Hana (not that it was bad, just didn't like it). The characters are, slightly, going to evolve and end up going their separate ways finding their own happiness. That's my prediction anyway, doubt there will be a 'coupled' ending. Still love this series though.

You need to finish reading Aoi Hana.

You're right. It was a few years ago that I read it (one of the first yuri stories that got me into it after I watched the anime) and re-reading it, it's a nice ending. This wouldn't be a bad ending for Yagate but I still think it'll end in separation (hoping against).

And people need to stop dissing Citrus, sure it painful to read when you're waiting months to month for a new chapter but when you read it all together it's good. Sorry, I just needed to say that.

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Just saw this up on Reddit (https://i.redd.it/aa0m4978oua21.jpg) and you need to see it. Some more here as well (https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=72678446)

Gg
joined Jul 13, 2018

Erm, you know, animes adapted from mangas are usually for advertisement purposes, i.g. to boost the interest (and sales) of manga series. In other words, it is unlikely that there will be a 2nd season, except for like, the manga itself is superrrrr dragged.

Examples would be Citrus and Sasameki Koto, both of which finished a few months after the airing of their respective animes.

9b1d0703-1cf0-4df6-bc19-0b2abfd56881
joined Nov 23, 2015

This is probably off topic, but I really don't want to waste these.
I have Vol. 1 YagaKimi DVD codes that I'd like to gave away so someone in Japan can actually use and not go to waste but I've had no luck giving it away since I think most English communities aren't in Japan/understand enough Japanese? https://twitter.com/f2mo89 I can send you the pictures with the code.

The code valid in Japan only is the YagaKimi Special Event in May pre-application ticket. http://cncn.jp/yagakimi_sp1/pcInfo.asp I'll have more from the Vol. 2 DVD too to gave away.

The other code is for the complete set DVD bonus mouse pad from Amazon Japan. (They'll need the other 3 codes from DVD bought from Amazon Japan). I only bought Vol. 1 DVD from Amazon Japan; so won't be qualified. https://e-entry.com/amazon-yagakimi-dvd

Steam-community-screenshot-dream-team-demon,-witch-
joined Nov 15, 2016

I'm sorry but I've lost all interest in this story. It's just one big long overly complicated story. In the beginning was good but it kept dragging on. This is just my opinion.

joined Oct 22, 2018

This is probably off topic, but I really don't want to waste these.
I have Vol. 1 YagaKimi DVD codes that I'd like to gave away so someone in Japan can actually use and not go to waste but I've had no luck giving it away since I think most English communities aren't in Japan/understand enough Japanese? https://twitter.com/f2mo89 I can send you the pictures with the code.

The code valid in Japan only is the YagaKimi Special Event in May pre-application ticket. http://cncn.jp/yagakimi_sp1/pcInfo.asp I'll have more from the Vol. 2 DVD too to gave away.

The other code is for the complete set DVD bonus mouse pad from Amazon Japan. (They'll need the other 3 codes from DVD bought from Amazon Japan). I only bought Vol. 1 DVD from Amazon Japan; so won't be qualified. https://e-entry.com/amazon-yagakimi-dvd

Maaan, this may have become the main reason why I regret being broke...

Off-topic:
@tenebrae
What influenced the choice of your username, because it seems pretty damn familiar to me...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm sorry but I've lost all interest in this story. It's just one big long overly complicated story. In the beginning was good but it kept dragging on. This is just my opinion.

At last! With all the threads I’ve been reading here, I finally have Dynasty Forum Bingo!

• It was too rushed.
  • It drags on
  • It’s too cliche [sic]
  • It’s too short
  • It’s too long
  • Needs Bisexual tag
  • Needs Het tag

And, of course, the free center space:

• You people are stupid for liking this
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Lol. Is it necessary to tell you’ve lost interest? Idk. For, me, if I’ve lost interest in a story, I’m just gonna out silently, never bother to see the thread and have to effort to type. Just my opinion.

Anyway, can’t wait for chapter 38 next week!!!!

last edited at Jan 19, 2019 8:15AM

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Lol. Is it necessary to tell you’ve lost interest? Idk. For, me, if I’ve lost interest in a story, I’m just gonna out silently, never bother to see the thread and have to effort to type. Just my opinion.

Anyway, can’t wait for chapter 38 next week!!!!

You probably only read this forum cause people in other forums shit on a manga and call it bullshit. I think it's their right to say they lost interest in a manga instead of saying is shit and should have ended chapters ago

joined Jan 8, 2018

its been 3 month and the central conflict between Touko and Yuu are still untouched,,,
the following chapter will likely be sayaka dealing with the rejection from touko,

I can't wait for so long :( I want Yuu to have more screen time

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I don't think Touko will accept sayaka's confessions. As her character so far has ignored Yuu's confession as Touko has issues of self loathing and has stated that she doesn't want anyone to love her. For Touko to go and then accept Sakya's confession makes no sense character wise. As so far from a narrative point of view we have not seen Touko see Sayaka as a romantic partner but rather as a friend. For her to suddenly accept Sayaka's confessions will make me tear my hair out. (Not that I hate Touko X Sayaka ship I just don't think it fits the story at this point)

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

It's interesting how people "lose" interest, all of a sudden, when another perspective, involving a third party as love interest of one main protagonists, is presented to the reader/viewer, the same thing is happening on Moonlight Garden right now, the kids be like: "Boo, boring, I want Dohwa x Hyewon" and I'm like "Yeah, give me all the perspectives, I want them all"

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

its been 3 month and the central conflict between Touko and Yuu are still untouched,,,
the following chapter will likely be sayaka dealing with the rejection from touko,

LMAO Yuu (a protagonist that I love), had like 33 chapters focused on her, Sayaka barely 4, BARELY ...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

LMAO Yuu (a protagonist that I love), had like 33 chapters focused on her, Sayaka barely 4, BARELY ...

I think all of us get greedy (and I don’t mean that in a bad way) with serialized stories—the more invested we are in a series the more urgent the next chapter becomes to us, especially as conflicts start to move toward a resolution.

I like AnoKiss, but as each episode came out I would get a little frustrated whenever a chapter or arc veered away from the main Shiramine and Kurosawa story. But now when I reread everything so far, I see it as all of a piece.

Our lizard brains wouldn’t be quite so forceful if we had the finished volumes in front of us.

To reply you must either login or sign up.