Forum › Bloom Into You Comic Anthology discussion

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Okay, the one with the cheesecake is borderline NTR.

She's got Sayaka taste-testing the cheesecake that she's learning to make for Yuu. Sayaka's worries are 100% founded, but from her perspective it's like -they're- having a moment.

Is it NTR if absolutely nobody involved has the slightest idea that it might be? It’s clear that in this author’s reading of Touko, she has no idea that Sayaka has a romantic interest in her, and Sayaka has no idea that the cake recipe is for Yuu.

Asking your best and most trusted friend to taste-test food ultimately intended for your (secret) lover-like person seems like pretty normal and benign behavior to me.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

That touko in a suit fans self oof

joined May 7, 2017

well this anthology has been quite disappointing to me so far, outside Canno-sensei and Mekimeki-sensei (in part) all other stories were weak, that childfication one the worst

Ryokoayeka2
joined Sep 6, 2017

I feel the opposite- like I'm getting spoiled with all this Bloom Into You and the anime is over and I'll pretty much take anything at this point. Maybe I'll start rereading it again (full disclosure: I bought the cd off amazon.jp to encourage season 2- my first time doing something that extreme but I really loved how it translated to animation).

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

I think it’s great , the different art styles brings a new outlook to it as well.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I think Moke got the characters really close, it almost seems like it could be a bonus chapter.

Mifuyu%206
joined Dec 31, 2015

I think Moke got the characters really close, it almost seems like it could be a bonus chapter.

Yeah, that's what I think too. Especially the last few pages, it really feels like something of the actual manga to me.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Let's Write a Script might be my favorite so far. Really reminds us that we need more Akari. XD Also, I'd totally buy Maki in that dress.

I personally like most of the stories, only Moke's and Yuikawa Kazuno's ones haven't done much for me.

That touko in a suit fans self oof

It works…!!

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Actually, both 8 and 9 feel pretty spot on to me. Headcanon adopted!

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Okay, the one with the cheesecake is borderline NTR.

She's got Sayaka taste-testing the cheesecake that she's learning to make for Yuu. Sayaka's worries are 100% founded, but from her perspective it's like -they're- having a moment.

Is it NTR if absolutely nobody involved has the slightest idea that it might be? It’s clear that in this author’s reading of Touko, she has no idea that Sayaka has a romantic interest in her, and Sayaka has no idea that the cake recipe is for Yuu.

Asking your best and most trusted friend to taste-test food ultimately intended for your (secret) lover-like person seems like pretty normal and benign behavior to me.

I think part of the point of the NTR genre is the sense of jealousy it instills in the -reader/player-? So in that sense, I'd say this qualifies, even though the characters themselves are clueless.

I mean, it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, not a real analysis, but still. ;p

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ I’ve never been crazy about the NTR label at all, since it’s come to mean almost anything from a sexual fetish for watching your partner have sex with someone else to forcing one partner to see the other one cheat to any jealousy in a relationship to (as here) a love triangle where none of the people involved are even aware there’s a love triangle.

(And then there’s the Dynasty forum person (who shall remain nameless) who goes around posting “Oh no, I see NTR ahead! The series must be destroyed!” on no evidence whatsoever.)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

NTR is usually meant these days when someone's love interest/spouse (or perceived as such by the reader) is being taken away, or seduced, by someone else. Be they in an actual relationship or not. That's why the manga of Kodama Naoko is titled as such.

The historical meaning about erogames (instilling a strong emotion of jealousy/despair in the player's mind by making the protagonist's target being fucked by someone else) has been lost along the way.

If taken literally, any resolved love triangle is NTR. So, technically, if Touko chooses one, either Sayaka or Yuu will be "NTR'd"

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

NTR is usually meant these days when someone's love interest/spouse (or perceived as such by the reader) is being taken away, or seduced, by someone else. Be they in an actual relationship or not. That's why the manga of Kodama Naoko is titled as such.

The historical meaning about erogames (instilling a strong emotion of jealousy/despair in the player's mind by making the protagonist's target being fucked by someone else) has been lost along the way.

If taken literally, any resolved love triangle is NTR. So, technically, if Touko chooses one, either Sayaka or Yuu will be "NTR'd"

Right, which is why I don’t see it as being a very useful term, since I also still see it used (although maybe not always in regard to manga) in all the ways I listed. I’m not saying people shouldn’t use it any way they see fit; I just don’t see it as being very meaningful as a descriptor.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

It is useful to remember that "netorare" literally means "being stolen in bed".

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It is useful to remember that "netorare" literally means "being stolen in bed".

Assuming that implies “in bed if you know what I mean and I think you do,” none of our main characters have gotten within shouting distance of it yet.

Although I heartily approve of the emphasis on psychology and emotional bonding in the main series and its offshoots so far, I will also welcome some clothes in wanton disarray action should any ever be forthcoming.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Well, there was that, but…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiqXZjfI8uc

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, there was that, but…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiqXZjfI8uc

Oh, I’m the first person to celebrate the style and panache our dynamic duo display in getting to first base.

Nobody has yet reached scoring position, however.

Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

Crossdressing Maki. YES.

What are you saying, Koyomi, he could totally pull off that role :/

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Chapter 6: Making Sayaka taste test the cheesecake Touko meant for Yuu is some next level cruelty haha
Chapter 7: HNNNG my heart...
Chapter 8: Maki in a dress has made my week.
Chapter 9: If not fluffy, Touko does certainly prefer oversized and wide clothes. Or maybe that just happens to be Nakatani's preference. For all intents and purposes this sweater dress isn't out of the ordinary in that sense.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Chapter 10 is… Hng…

NAKATANI-SENSEI, GIVE THESE TWO A SPIN-OFF ALREADY.

So, uhm, yeah, Miyako and Riko are a bit gay. And Hiroichi artstyle is probably the one that most ressembles Nakatani's in the lot.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Ive been waiting forever for chapter 10 ;u; i love those two so much. This anthology is kind of lacking yuri which is weird.

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

Best couple, best chapter. It was really fukken sexy x3

joined Sep 6, 2018

Chapter ten is the best in the anthology. Students hold hands, adults drink bitter coffee. Good to see this escalation in intimacy as relationships improve over time. It's great to see "Adult Life" in this anthology.

joined Sep 6, 2018

NAKATANI-SENSEI, GIVE THESE TWO A SPIN-OFF ALREADY.

I agree! Keep it going!

Oh, on a side note, how much was actually charged for that coffee?

To reply you must either login or sign up.