Forum › Girlfriends Living Together discussion

Clipboard%20image%20(3)
joined Nov 11, 2018

That fang is too adorable~
Tomboy tag definitely doesn't belong though

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This is, like, the quintessence of waffy and fluffy.

By the way, did you notice the blue/pink pattern? Pink for Momoko, blue for Eri. It kind of gets stronger as you keep reading, too, as the colors get more vivid. I guess it's a play on the idea of "boy/girl" colors... in this case, used as "boyish/femme" colors...

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

This might be the first time I've seen the "oh no, holding hands in public, that's too scary!" and then having the public actually react negatively to it.

Another story that immediately came to mind: Cotton Candy

Sadly I've witnessed negative reactions IRL, too.

im glad i live in a nice part of canada so people would probably get stoned if they did say something bad.

last edited at Jan 11, 2019 1:15PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

This might be the first time I've seen the "oh no, holding hands in public, that's too scary!" and then having the public actually react negatively to it.

Another story that immediately came to mind: Cotton Candy

Sadly I've witnessed negative reactions IRL, too.

im glad i live in a nice part of canada so people would probably get stoned if they did say something bad.

Hail Hydra ver. Canada:

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Great to see more of this author.

Tomboy tag definitely doesn't belong though

Yeah.

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

Basic, yet appropriate title.

joined Jan 5, 2018

So cute love it

Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

That was negative? All they did was say hey look it’s my first time seeing actual lesbians in public. It’s human nature to be curious about rare and unusual things. If they had said it was weird or gross it would one thing, but just acknowledging their existence isn’t particularly negative.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Right, and catcalling are just compliments ...

Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

Right, and catcalling are just compliments ...

I don’t see how that equates to catcalling, but ok.

Unknown%20(3)
joined Jan 3, 2014

this cured my depression

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Cute and wholesome

I love tomboys

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Multiple pages of: Lewd hand holding!
We really need a tag for that, lolz!

Gg
joined Jul 13, 2018

Some random people

Are they holding hands?
Seriously
Are they lesbians?
That's my first time seeing the real thing.

Also those random people, proceed to bend their knees and pray God for bringing this yuri blessing to the world.

last edited at Jan 12, 2019 4:22AM

Gg
joined Jul 13, 2018

Blazing Seraph

this cured my depression

But will definitely make you contract diabetes due to the absurd amount of sugar involved.

Tail_nap_by_twokinds-dc7pz78
joined Aug 11, 2016

AAAHHHHHH my heart, that last panel!!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Never let go~~

Inai hou ga ii ningen
joined May 23, 2018

That was negative? All they did was say hey look it’s my first time seeing actual lesbians in public. It’s human nature to be curious about rare and unusual things. If they had said it was weird or gross it would one thing, but just acknowledging their existence isn’t particularly negative.

Good point actually it only sounds negative if you see two girls dating as a negative thing

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

THE GODDESS OF ADULT SLICE OF LIFE YURI HAS BLESSED US ON THIS FINE DAY

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

LOVE it when the top looking girl turns out to be a bottom

joined Aug 22, 2016

Good point actually it only sounds negative if you see two girls dating as a negative thing

No. Acknowledging that there is still prejudice against homosexuality and pointing that out does not make the one doing so also against homosexuality. Are there people that do so? Yes. But that can not be used as a blanket assumption. Context, personal responses, negative social conventions and etc. need to be taken into account.

The comments made by the background character's are negative, and pointing that out does not automatically make myself nor others that do against homosexuality. I'm accepting of and happy with my sexual orientation. But it can and does hurt to hear negative comments. Eri-chan and Momoko are not negatively impacted by the negative comments because they have a problem with being lesbian but because others do and are treating them poorly. And tragically some do develop feeling of and feelings similar to self-hate or negative self questioning because of the ways we can and are treated. And that's not our fault.

It is important to note the characters' reactions to what was said. Momoko became angry and stated that normally she'd confront people that make such comments. Eri-chan was nervous about holding hands and became scared, even was brought to tears, by the comments. Their responses show that the comments made were indeed negative.

Curiosity is one thing and not always negative, but mockery is another and is negative. The first background character asks "Are they holding hands?" while the second asks "Seriously? Are they lesbians?", and between the comments there is loud laughter as marked with an exclamation point. Either it was "Hahaha! Are they holding hands?", "Hahaha! Seriously, are they lesbians?", or both or all three mutually laughing at Eri-chan and Momoko. The "Seriously?" is not just a response but a crass questioning of two women holding hands followed with not a question of curiosity but an accusing question.

Finally, the third background character says "this is my first time seeing the real thing". We can question what they mean by "first time", but their statement, along with the other two open up disbelief of the relationship. In summary of their comments they're basically saying "Hahaha! Look! Real lesbians! We're seeing real live lesbians! They are real!". This is treating Momoko and Eri-chan as a spectacle to be laughed at and openly commented on.

The background characters are speaking loud enough that Eri-chan and Momoko are able to hear them from a distance. This also seems to be occurring at an open-air cafe therefore others are likely hearing these comments as well, bringing attention to themselves and unwanted attention to Eri-chan and Momoko.

Lesbianism also is not rare nor unusual as you put it. A major reason homosexuality appears rare in public is because society has been prone to treat us poorly, and that was part of Eri-chan's concern of holding hands. Curiosity is understandable when seeing something one may not see often or if ever before, but the background characters are not showing simple and respectful curiosity.

last edited at Jan 15, 2019 1:37AM

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

People react negatively all the time where I live, I actually even had an old dude come up to me and my date and tell us off while making sexual comments, the goddamn gross bigot. This hits close to home, I prefer cheery stories where being homosexual is not even seen as something abnormal, but these more "negative" ones are a good reminder of what society really is like around the world.

Tsundere tag?

joined Feb 23, 2016

What about this is tomboyish? That she wears boxers to bed and has short hair?

At this point the tag "Tomboy" have devolved into "Short Hair"
We seriously need more long-haired tomboys to counter this

cough Their story cough

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

"Dont let go!" ( ◜‿◝ )♡

Four months later

"Let go!" (⁄ ⁄•⁄-⁄•⁄ ⁄)

Make up your mind gurl

To reply you must either login or sign up.