Forum › Bloom Into You Comic Anthology discussion

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Someone said in the thread of the main series that Yuu is pretty easy to ship with anyone, and it's true. She's like an asexual lesbian Jesus

Minus the asexual part.

The Japanese is such a fragile creature. Collapses unconscious if it doesn't eat for most of a single day and teeters on the brink of death if it catches a common cold.

I dunno about you, but an entire day without food makes most people weak in the legs. Especially teenagers.

last edited at Jan 13, 2019 5:11AM

Img_20180401_104003
joined Nov 26, 2017

Someone said in the thread of the main series that Yuu is pretty easy to ship with anyone, and it's true. She's like an asexual lesbian Jesus

Minus the asexual part.

The Japanese is such a fragile creature. Collapses unconscious if it doesn't eat for most of a single day and teeters on the brink of death if it catches a common cold.

I dunno about you, but an entire day without food makes most people weak in the legs. Especially teenagers.

im not sure about that... there are many teenagers fasting all around the world for half day and they're ok lol

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

BugDevil posted:

Minus the asexual part.

I was making a joke... But if you're serious: she might be on the ace spectrum, or she might not be. It's not clear, and might never be. A lot of characters in fiction technically could very well be on the ace spectrum, because it's hard to prove either way unless a character explicitly confirms it or denies it, and this is the case here, though Yuu seems to resonate with more asexual readers than most characters do. At the very least, it's an interpretation that isn't directly contradicted by the text. It's a harmless and reasonable headcanon, no?

Let me add real quick it's not the first time this person doesn't take a joke lightly

690ea2d43c833a395aa79e98116d8d2f
joined Apr 15, 2018

So tMnR actually can draw some fluffy stories i see

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Smoltouko

What the world has lost…

By the way, there's a mistake on the anthology's Dynasty page − the third story is written by "Chomoran", not "Chororan".

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I was making a joke... But if you're serious: she might be on the ace spectrum, or she might not be. It's not clear, and might never be. A lot of characters in fiction technically could very well be on the ace spectrum, because it's hard to prove either way unless a character explicitly confirms it or denies it, and this is the case here, though Yuu seems to resonate with more asexual readers than most characters do. At the very least, it's an interpretation that isn't directly contradicted by the text. It's a harmless and reasonable headcanon, no?

What? I'm pretty sure she is actually lesbian jesus though!

Well, ultimately it's up to the author and I highly doubt Nakatani ever imagined Yuu as asexual. Most people who write "seemingly asexual" characters tend to not even know what that is or thought of it in the process.

The only reason I lightly pointed it out is that it might be contradicted by the text by the end of the story and there has been way more counter-evidence to your headcanon.

im not sure about that... there are many teenagers fasting all around the world for half day and they're ok lol

By okay you mean they don't die? Of course not. But don't forget that those who faste for whatever silly reason usually avoid straining their bodies during that time and eat lots afterwards (assuming you are refering to Muslims who can eat once its evening at least). The more often you do it the more your body gets used to it too.

The fact is though that teenagers have heightened metabolism and thus convert food faster. That's why children and teens have such a huge appetite compared to the average adult and often don't get fat as fast.

Let me add real quick it's not the first time this person doesn't take a joke lightly

Let me add real quick that this person is unable to see when someone else makes a counter-joke. It happened before lol

last edited at Jan 15, 2019 7:37AM

joined Feb 11, 2014

Generally, I find if I miss a meal I'll feel very weak after a few hours.

Colds on the other hand never bothered me that much. Sure, it sucks having my nose stopped up but it's more obnoxious then impeding.

last edited at Jan 15, 2019 10:55AM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

But needs no sleep and can find a mate by running with toast in its mouth

joined Mar 18, 2018

If this is "official" how come we get chapters where stuff happens like, Yuu floating in the air & Touko transforms into a kid?...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If this is "official" how come we get chapters where stuff happens like, Yuu floating in the air & Touko transforms into a kid?...

"Official" doesn't mean "canonical"--it just means that it's done with the OK of the author/publisher, and not by a bunch of people going off on their own.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Let's put it this way: There could be official marketing material, drawn by Nakatani Nio herself, where Touko and Yuu are wearing cat-suits and riding a hot air balloon. Does that mean they ever did that in the story? Not at all. Still official though.

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Yuu, that’s TOO LEWD.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Poor Sayaka—the cheesecake that spells her doom.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Having done that carnival game myself, I feel certain they NAIL DOWN some of those targets.

Yes, I'm still bitter.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

The cheesecake obviously for Yuu. But anyway, Sayaka has tasted it first, lol. Though it also means, she’s doomed. Sad.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Hopefully she ate all of it just to make sure no one else did. :þ

Regarding the festival… Is it me or Touko's is a little… dorkier than in the manga in a lot of these stories?

Images
joined Dec 25, 2018

THEIR HOLDING HANDS!!!!!! THE INDECENCY.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Regarding the festival… Is it me or Touko's is a little… dorkier than in the manga in a lot of these stories?

In general, I think it’s because of all the over-the-top comedy reaction shots—Nakatani is much more subtle in depicting facial expressions than many of these artists. In the festival one in particular, it’s basic character design—besides lacking Nakatani’s trademark razor-sharp noses, the faces are wider and the heads not as elongated as in the actual series.

Yuu is actually relatively close, but what really sets that festival Touko apart is that both characters have relatively roundish heads set atop somewhat stalk-like necks, but we rarely see Touko’s neck very fully in the main series—it’s usually mostly covered either by her high uniform collar or by her hair, or both. Yuu’s neck is generally shown as longer than Touko’s, even though she’s shorter overall, and her short hair emphasizes that.

But then there’s the biggest thing about the festival—do we ever see Touko with her hair up except for a couple of panels in the bath scene with Yuu and Sayaka?

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Glad to see MekiMeki being part of this anthology!

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^^ It's not just the art, she just seems… goofier in general − except in the stories with Sayaka.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^^ It's not just the art, she just seems… goofier in general − except in the stories with Sayaka.

Oh, well, yeah—what doujins (of series that aren’t themselves goofy comedy) aren’t generally goofier than the source material?

Nobody’s going to beat Nakatani at her own game, so if you aren’t going to do a straight imitation/pastiche (like several of the stories are), what else is there to do with super-serious Touko except make her funnier?

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Kissu~

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Okay, the one with the cheesecake is borderline NTR.

She's got Sayaka taste-testing the cheesecake that she's learning to make for Yuu. Sayaka's worries are 100% founded, but from her perspective it's like -they're- having a moment.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yuikawa Kazuno's art is absolutely top tier.

Too bad she doesn't write her own manga (yet), except some chapters of Eclair (which she should be credited for here).

To reply you must either login or sign up.