Forum › My Master & Furry-eared Girl Mel discussion

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

While there are lots of warm and fuzzies to go around in this chapter, I personally appreciate how Marie's love for Mel causes her to bloom magical floating flowers when she professes her love for Mel. That's some pretty hardcore love. Or some weird Beastkin medical condition we'll never learn about.

You gave it your all, Marie, no one can take that away! TuT

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Marie and Mel, and Stella and master are much better pairings. I'm not a big fan of stories, where the girl passes up the love by her side, to chase new forbidden love. I always feel sorry for the one, the girl left behind, even when, the author turns them into a betrayer so you won't.

last edited at Nov 27, 2018 4:31PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I know. They are going in AMERICA (that's where most japan lesbian couples go to lesbianize in peace).

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

^Not the Netherlands? I've been living a lie...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

blopa posted:

^Not the Netherlands? I've been living a lie...

Strangely, no.

It always puzzled me too. Manga authors would make their gay couple travel to America in order to marry even before it was lawful there.

Reason probably being that average Japanese wouldn't be able to place the Netherlands on a map.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I've also seen Canada and Netherlands. Honestly more than US.

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

Next chapter is the last one but there's a new doujin of the series by the author that they were selling at a recent event I think so there'll be that to look forward to

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Next chapter is the last one but there's a new doujin of the series by the author that they were selling at a recent event I think so there'll be that to look forward to

If someone can provide the raws well more than happy to translate it

joined Nov 11, 2018

I know. They are going in AMERICA (that's where most japan lesbian couples go to lesbianize in peace).

I don't think they were in Japan. Maybe Europe tho.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

I can't help thinking, it is what it is so I won't bother looking for an in-universe explanation, but it seems funny to me the way they really zero in on the human/beastkin divide as the sole hurdle to the relationship. Like, to the point where it's pretty conspicuous the way they all avoid the elephant in the room. Based on the way the publisher character (forgot her name :p) reacted, this isn't some alt-universe where adult/child couples are considered the norm or even culturally acceptable, but nobody else even bats an eye. The same-sex taboo doesn't even register at this point, but even then, I wonder if that's seen as okay? If this story shares a universe with the other beastkin series, the beastkin nation is said to be unique in treating it as normal. Of course the meta reason is that the narrative would be weighed down by dealing with too many taboos, but the mangaka still wanted to tailor the relationship to their, uh, very particular taste.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I can't help thinking, it is what it is so I won't bother looking for an in-universe explanation, but it seems funny to me the way they really zero in on the human/beastkin divide as the sole hurdle to the relationship. Like, to the point where it's pretty conspicuous the way they all avoid the elephant in the room. Based on the way the publisher character (forgot her name :p) reacted, this isn't some alt-universe where adult/child couples are considered the norm or even culturally acceptable, but nobody else even bats an eye. The same-sex taboo doesn't even register at this point, but even then, I wonder if that's seen as okay? If this story shares a universe with the other beastkin series, the beastkin nation is said to be unique in treating it as normal. Of course the meta reason is that the narrative would be weighed down by dealing with too many taboos, but the mangaka still wanted to tailor the relationship to their, uh, very particular taste.

If we assume that all beastkin are female and never age in appearance past age 10 or so, then it sort of makes sense. All the other potential hurdles (same-sex, pedophilia) are subsumed into her race. If that's the case, then if you're going after a beastkin, the other two implied. So that's why they all focus so much on the human-beastkin relationship rather than the other aspects.

On the other hand, maybe that's not the case, and it's just one of those things that isn't addressed.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'm tolerably certain y'all are putting way more thought into the setting than the author ever did.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm tolerably certain y'all are putting way more thought into the setting than the author ever did.

I previously thought the same thing as you, and I believe I said so here, but then why make the endgame depend so heavily on all the stuff (age, species, legal status) that the series had previously ignored?

I mean, I’m used to Itou Hachi’s stuff focusing on the cute and letting the world-building slide, but stuff like the ID number/collar connection (and have any other beastkin ever been seen with a collar?) seems exceptionally (you’ll excuse the expression) random.

(Actually, checking Chapter 3, Marie has a little necklace and Fran wears a ribbon choker, but only Mel seems to wear bondage gear.)

joined Dec 26, 2014

(Actually, checking Chapter 3, Marie has a little necklace and Fran wears a ribbon choker, but only Mel seems to wear bondage gear.)

Master is into s&m

Clipboard00
joined Oct 30, 2015

So many emotions...

Marie is a cutie.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I've said it before and I'll say it again, anything worth analyzing is worth overanalyzing to death.

But seriously, I did agree with you originally, but recent developments in the series have made clear that the author either did put a lot of thought into the social structures of the setting, or accidentally created a very disturbing (and interesting) world. Since the social structures ultimately play a major role in the actual plot of the story, I'd argue that it's intentional, and the setting is something readers are meant to engage with when addressing the themes expressed through this work.

last edited at Dec 1, 2018 11:09AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I've said it before and I'll say it again, anything worth analyzing is worth overanalyzing to death.

But seriously, I did agree with you originally, but recent developments in the series have made clear that the author either did put a lot of thought into the social structures of the setting, or accidentally created a very disturbing (and interesting) world. Since the social structures ultimately play a major role in the actual plot of the story, I'd argue that it's intentional, and the setting is something readers are meant to engage with when addressing the themes expressed through this work.

There’s a sense in which speculating about authorial intent (absent public statements by the author) is sort of irrelevant—the text itself is what it is. I guess I’m just so imprinted by the doujins that it’s hard to imagine this series being quite as intentional as all that.

I do miss the butterflies, though.

joined Dec 26, 2014

Final chapter is posted on our chaosteam page if anyone wants to read. It will be uploaded tomorrow on dynasty

last edited at Dec 2, 2018 8:15PM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Chapter is uploaded but extra will be later :v (one page was missing)

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

ahhhh the fuzzies are over, such a cute series, im glad it turned out good.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I'm still not sure how I feel about this pairing. It's cute and deeply wrong at the same time

last edited at Dec 3, 2018 3:06AM

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

I‘m amazed how those few pages of an „ending“ can turn an otherwise cute story into crap... seems like the author was sick an tired of their work and wanted it to get done with...

joined Oct 15, 2014

Arrggghhhh it's completed!!! I cried reading the last chapter T^T (remove from Subscribed list adding to Favorite list). I don't care what others says about this book I love it!

last edited at Dec 3, 2018 3:35AM

joined May 24, 2014

Well that was one bitersweet strawberry tart

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

Cute story with a happy ending.

To reply you must either login or sign up.