Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

Screenshot_2020-01-20%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20there's%20weird%20voices%20coming%20from%20the%20room%20next%20door%20ch01
joined Sep 23, 2013

Date botched!
(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

im glad that someone know about it, we might get a story now :D

edit: not saying I didnt like it

last edited at Nov 28, 2018 9:54PM

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

Smart little sis, but big brother gave her the tickets so has he guessed too I wonder?

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Is everyone saying that 'the date is ruined' not at all caring about the 'date is still going and it's dark and they're all alone part????

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Unexpectedly ...nice. Of all the series I'm following, was not expecting this one to have the most encouraging development. Hah!

Enjoyed the introspection. Really nice touch.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Nanoha's sister knows she's gay lol

joined Jul 26, 2016

I like kid sis already. Also lmao @ Nanoha and Ryou bonding over basically getting put aside by their respective dates

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

It's obvious the sisters have similar taste in prospective partners. Short, dark hair, adorable. Families be weird like that.

Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

Those casual outfits are utterly adorable. Good job, Chidori and Nanoha.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Smart little sis, but big brother gave her the tickets so has he guessed too I wonder?

My assumption is that he received 4 tickets and gave two to each of his sisters. But we really don't know anything about him yet.

Asagi_d4
joined Feb 23, 2017

I'm pretty sure everyone knows they're gay by now.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

That last page though

Drama incoming

(Also the 'two treats for the price of one' line was adorable omg why are these two so cute)

joined Jul 26, 2016

That last page though

Drama incoming

More like "trolling by bratty kid sibling" I'd say.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Wait? There are gay people in my good friendship manga? D:

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

That last page though

Drama incoming

It's not an H-manga. She's not going to blackmail them and then sell them to fat old men.

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

I know it's only been 2 chap but..,
if they keep using this,
"the two of us are dating but"
in the beginning of every chap.
Iswear to god.., I definitely would lose my mind!

I don't know why it's bother me so much wtf :P
plz stop xD

Fucking exactly...

Mind%20as%20judgement%20jpg
joined Nov 20, 2018

Nanoha's sis reminds me of Matsuri from Citrus

Mind%20as%20judgement%20jpg
joined Nov 20, 2018

Is everyone saying that 'the date is ruined' not at all caring about the 'date is still going and it's dark and they're all alone part????

well, primising stuff happened before in the manga and they all led to nothing so I wouldn't get my hopes up this time either.

joined Oct 27, 2018

if they keep using this,

plz stop xD

Fucking exactly...

We need the reminder, because otherwise there would be no way to tell

joined Aug 22, 2016

That last page though

Drama incoming

It's not an H-manga. She's not going to blackmail them and then sell them to fat old men.

Yes, Chidori innocently posing with a penguin and Nanoha's sister is totally scandalous. What ever will they do? It is rare and refreshing to have a little sister that is actually happy and supportive -- be happy.

To be honest I kind of wish this was a date with Senpai (sorry, not so sorry).

Seems like this was a great first date for Chidori: she got to learn so much and hand holding still happened. Also, the ever so important little sister approval. A rather productive date I'd say. Plus we got to see different sides of our two heroines so I think these last two chapters were rather good.

Mm, the Volume 2 Extra show that the friends are likely oblivious to Chidori and Nanoha's relationship. There may be a slight possibility that Kumako (glasses) knows but I think Asumi (tall) and Rei (bob) are unaware. The friends have sort of a distant yet energetic fascination, gushing, to almost scandalous response to Yoshida and Abe dating as well. A response that made Chidori and Nanoha relieved their friends didn't know about them.

In the Volume 2 Extra the friends see Yoshida and Abe walking while holding hands and make comment on the relationship. Asumi expresses jealousy stating how lucky Yoshida and Abe were. Kumako responds with shock while Asumi is "whatever" about the whole thing. Rei comments that Asumi only thinks that way because she watches too much TV and that homosexuality is a global thing: essentially distancing homosexuality away from Japanese culture. Kumko follows Rei up by reminding (I say correcting) Asumi how she always talks about having a boyfriend. I don't know if Asumi may be interested in other girls, there isn't enough information, but Kumako and Rei still dismisses the possibility.

I don't think the response of the friends would be extremely negative but I also don't think things would go smoothly. Asumi may not have a strong response, I think she accept it rather quickly, while Kumako would likely be shocked but eventually accommodating. My concern would be Rei as in the Extra she appears to show a level of dismissive arrogance. Right before her there is a lesbian couple holding hands yet she still dismisses the relationship as a pop-culture global thing that isn't something truly part of being Japanese. A short Extra but I do think it gave a lot of insight into the friends and their respective views on homosexuality in a Japanese context.

To that end, I don't think the friends know for the time being. Only the Nanoha's cheeky little sister.

last edited at Nov 29, 2018 5:40PM

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

if they keep using this,

plz stop xD

Fucking exactly...

We need the reminder, because otherwise there would be no way to tell

They could be gal pals for all we know, if not for that disclaimer

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I don't think the response of the friends would be extremely negative but I also don't think things would go smoothly. Asumi may not have a strong response, I think she accept it rather quickly, while Kumako would likely be shocked but eventually accommodating. My concern would be Rei as in the Extra she appears to show a level of dismissive arrogance. Right before her there is a lesbian couple holding hands yet she still dismisses the relationship as a pop-culture global thing that isn't something truly part of being Japanese. A short Extra but I do think it gave a lot of insight into the friends and their respective views on homosexuality in a Japanese context.

To that end, I don't think the friends know for the time being. Only the Nanoha's cheeky little sister.

I agree with you that the extra indicates that the three of them are unaware of Nanoha and Chidori's relationship as of that moment (if all three of them had known, then it'd probably have naturally come up during that conversation). However, I disagree with you about Rei's "dismissive" response to homosexuality. I'm pretty sure her response is not an indication of her belief that two girls dating is inherently wrong or meaningless, but just a comment on Asumi's statement "either would be fine" for her personally. After all, all three of them (including Rei) seemed pretty excited when they found out Abe and Yoshida started dating.

I think she's just commenting on something Asumi says that she finds unusual or surprising. Perhaps equivalent to "oh, you have a very cosmopolitan attitude, maybe because of your exposure to foreign culture."

But to be honest, I'm not completely sure what the point of that line was, which is why I tried to translate it very "neutrally". 洋ドラ seems usually to refer to Western, and particularly to American, television, but is literally an abbreviation of "foreign drama". I don't know what the implications of グロバール are in this specific situation, so I just left it as-is. Maybe she's commenting that popular American TV tends to have a lot more bisexuals, or more sexually-liberated characters than Japanese TV (though I have no idea of whether that's true). Maybe she's being dismissive of Asumi sudden apparent transformation (a girl who often talks about how much she wants a boyfriend suddenly says she'd be fine with a girlfriend), and not homosexuality/bisexuality in general. Or maybe she is showing an arrogant dismissal of homosexuality in general.

Anyways, here's the line: あすみは 洋ドラ 観まくってるから その辺グローバル だよねー。
If anyone wants to correct me.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

That last page though

Drama incoming

Really?? That was totally where I thought this was going

For serious though, I don't think the drama is gonna be anything major but at the very least kid sister is gonna be winding up her older sister about this, and it's interesting that the author is now getting other people to find out about the relationship

Bodes well that it's not going to be a secret from everyone forever

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I love how the sister knows what's going on. I'll be looking forward to the following chapters!!!

joined Apr 20, 2013

"it's dark, no one will see us" -- "our relationship is a secret from everyone"
Jeeeesus... Thank god I don't live like that anymore.
Every chapter is emotionally "hard" to read, the feeling I get every time is that they are living in a prison. It's sad. Seriously, I can't enjoy this :( I really feel bad for them!

To reply you must either login or sign up.