Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V2 + FAQ

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

(late response...) Yeah, I do get where you're coming from. We've had some discussions about just tagging everything but the main series "doujin" to keep series together. Obviously we decided against it, but it is sort of an issue to have those - as you say - out of "The System." We'll keep our options open for now, and maybe come up with something if we start to get into more inter-connected series'.

In the meantime, if you notice any works popping up that aren't linked back, do let us know.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Is there a way to keep track of which doujins/manga/chapters that one has downloaded? Is easy to forgot what I've already downloaded and sometimes I end with duplicates. Also a way to sort my lists by groupings/pairings/series would be really nice.

Thanks for your hard work!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Is it possible to implement blacklists (and preferably blacklists more than five items long) to the Recently Added Chapters page? I think having a user filter there would be much more useful than just on the search function. I understand this might not be possible, just tossing the idea out there to see what smarter people than me think of it.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Is there a way to keep track of which doujins/manga/chapters that one has downloaded?

As of yet, no.

Also a way to sort my lists by groupings/pairings/series would be really nice.

Completely agree - full search functionality would be very nice too!

Is it possible to implement blacklists (and preferably blacklists more than five items long) to the Recently Added Chapters page?

? I was under the impression that blacklisting only affected the Recently Added page. I just checked and with Touhou Project blacklisted, none of the new uploads show up there. Perhaps this is a bug?

last edited at Jun 9, 2014 12:51AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That's odd, it's working now. I wanted to fiilter out that awful puking/farting/etc. stuff that got posted before but it didn't seem to want to go.

On a related note, the profile page says I can only have 5 items, but it says that when I'm trying to add the fifth. So in fact it's only allowing me to blacklist 4 items. Is this a bug or should it actually say 4?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

That's odd, it's working now. I wanted to fiilter out that awful puking/farting/etc. stuff that got posted before but it didn't seem to want to go.

Hmm. Well if it works, it works. I will note that the awful puking/farting/John K. Peta will always be accompanied by the Hardcore tag. Feel free to just blacklist that, and you'll never see any of them ever again.

On a related note, the profile page says I can only have 5 items, but it says that when I'm trying to add the fifth. So in fact it's only allowing me to blacklist 4 items. Is this a bug or should it actually say 4?

That's a bug we've known about for some months now - unfortunately it isn't something omn has been able to do enough testing on to figure out yet. For now, it's best to assume the limit is 4. Sorry about that.

last edited at Jun 9, 2014 12:59AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Many thanks, it seems to be working out now.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Also a way to sort my lists by groupings/pairings/series would be really nice.

Completely agree - full search functionality would be very nice too!

Boy is my face red now, I got lazy and didn't bothered to scroll down my massive list...sorry about that.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

...could we have a clean-up in Image comments, please?

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Will request bans be handed out when I wake up tomorrow.

Using IRC is a better bet to get the attention of staff/people who can delete things than posting on the forums, by the way.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Can we have a way to filter out tags with no chapters? There are a bunch of them that only have images, and it would be nice to exclude them from the search.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yeah, definitely the best place to ask.
It's kind of an uncommon problem, so we don't really have any standard protocol for it. Go ahead and request it again, no harm done if it happens to be a duplicate.

last edited at Jun 12, 2014 5:13PM

Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

Alright. I just went through all 17 pages to see if anyone has the same requests I have. Here goes.

I think I recall the option to use the escape key to exit full screen mode. Can that be implemented again?

Also, is it possible to separate the discussions of series into chapter discussions? This way the discussions can be cleaned up, there's less chance of people running into spoilers, and users who read at a time later than the release date can be included in the conversation as though they read it when it was released.. Or would that be too difficult to do since you'd have to manually separate the older discussions?

And a support question. Occasionally I get stuck at the "Loading..." message for quite a while. Other sites usually load quickly whenever I get this. Sometimes I can click again to the page after but that would mean having to skip a page. This happened once when reading Ch 9 of Citrus with the 2 page layout of Mei seeing Yuzuru being kissed by Matsuri. I had to go to Manga Here to see that one page because it refused to load. http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_ch09#36

It works now, but it didn't at the time... what causes that?

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

And a support question. Occasionally I get stuck at the "Loading..." message for quite a while. Other sites usually load quickly whenever I get this. Sometimes I can click again to the page after but that would mean having to skip a page. This happened once when reading Ch 9 of Citrus with the 2 page layout of Mei seeing Yuzuru being kissed by Matsuri. I had to go to Manga Here to see that one page because it refused to load. http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_ch09#36

Any number of things, the file could be corrupt and fixed at a later date, you could be out of memory, you could be out of bandwidth, we could be under a heavy load, the internet infrastructure in either location could be heavily taxed, or radiation from the sun could be wiping out all life on the planet. Two page spreads and color pages are far larger than most other pages and often may take more time to load for an of those reasons.

joined Jan 8, 2014

I'm sure you've had this request before...
but recently went to re-read a stand alone in my "read list"(which is long lol) can we add a "sort by tags" option to our lists...
granted I had fun reading some new stuff looking for it...but ya see the thing is I can't ALWAYS stay up super late reading manga ^_^ LOL

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Alright. I just went through all 17 pages to see if anyone has the same requests I have. Here goes.

I think I recall the option to use the escape key to exit full screen mode. Can that be implemented again?

Yea, was just an oversight that it got left out.

Also, is it possible to separate the discussions of series into chapter discussions? This way the discussions can be cleaned up, there's less chance of people running into spoilers, and users who read at a time later than the release date can be included in the conversation as though they read it when it was released.. Or would that be too difficult to do since you'd have to manually separate the older discussions?

I don't think that is a good idea, I think they work better when consolidated by series. I think it is fairly common sense that if you don't want spoilers to not discuss it online if you are not update to with it.

It is most likely just caused by the server being under heavy load. There is not much we could really do except move to a server with more capacity, but that is expensive and not really feasible.

Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

Chapters 12 - 15 of Akuma No Riddle contain corrupted pages and the pages are out of order.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Apologies for that. Better now?

Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

Better! Thanks.

joined Jun 18, 2014

Not really a suggestion but there's a one-shot from 2011 and the person behind the translation back then made a bunch of improvements since then. Is there any way I could contact those with uploading powers to maybe get it replaced?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Not really a suggestion but there's a one-shot from 2011 and the person behind the translation back then made a bunch of improvements since then. Is there any way I could contact those with uploading powers to maybe get it replaced?

Click on your name in the top right corner and it should say Upload Request. Send in the details of the manga you think should be added there, and it should hopefully get added.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Just a few suggestions, I think it would be awesome if it was possible to PM other users and to tag someone's username in the comment section and then they'd get notified so that they know someone has responded to their comment, so that there's no need to quote a message which could be quite lengthy at times.

C0142_9_0
joined Apr 21, 2013

maybe a subscribe button to author will be great just like those in asianfanfics.

joined Jun 18, 2014

One suggestion, since it's used on some other websites, is to allow individual images in doujins/manga to be commented on.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

So I went ahead and uploaded this, but based on your post and the request, I honestly wasn't sure how to credit it. So, who should it be credited to?

To reply you must either login or sign up.