Forum › Lily Marble discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

You didn't get my point. You invoked the disapproval of "society" to invalidate any reason Hikari would be justified to get in an affair with a married man.

Who is that society that has the right to judge her reasons? Even Moe doesn't judge.

As for the wife, her hurting is, as far as we know, totally virtual: what she doesn't know doesn't hurt her (and obviously, the manager doesn't intend to divorce). If anyone is hurt here, it's Hikari herself, but since it's self-inflicted and she's an adult, you still don't have the right to judge.

My point is, Hikari has one or more reasons to be in that relationship. We may think she's mistaken and that she should get together with Moe, and were we her friends, we would probably advise her to break that relationship because it's actually hurtful to her (and possibly to the manager's wife). That's even what Moe tells her.

But you shouldn't judge her to be an horrible person just because her moral code isn't yours.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

You didn't get my point. You invoked the disapproval of "society" to invalidate any reason Hikari would be justified to get in an affair with a married man.

Who is that society that has the right to judge her reasons? Even Moe doesn't judge.

As for the wife, her hurting is, as far as we know, totally virtual: what she doesn't know doesn't hurt her (and obviously, the manager doesn't intend to divorce). If anyone is hurt here, it's Hikari herself, but since it's self-inflicted and she's an adult, you still don't have the right to judge.

My point is, Hikari has one or more reasons to be in that relationship. We may think she's mistaken and that she should get together with Moe, and were we her friends, we would probably advise her to break that relationship because it's actually hurtful to her (and possibly to the manager's wife). That's even what Moe tells her.

But you shouldn't judge her to be an horrible person just because her moral code isn't yours.

I Never said Hikari is a horrible person. I said cheating is wrong. Good people commit murder. Sometimes for very understandable reasons. But, murder is still wrong, and they should still be punished for it.
Also, under your logic, if the victim of a crime is unaware then there is no crime. So if a person embezzles money, carefully enough that they don't get caught, then we shouldn't judge that person as a criminal.
I'm not talking about forcing Hikari to wear a scarlet 'A' or anything. She is already getting what she deserves, in my opinion. A sad and empty relationship, with a man that won't give her the emotional investment she so obviously wants. Hell, even if the manager leaves his wife, for Hikari, then all she's won is a known cheater. Who's to say, he won't cheat on her when the next cute OL comes along.
I know society is full of judgmental hypocrites, that can't wait to tell other people how to live, while their own lives are a mess. I just wanted something to put behind my statement, to give it more weight. Bad choice I know.

last edited at Sep 25, 2018 3:39PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Even if cheating is wrong, it's not Hikari who does it.

And cheating isn't a crime in Japan. Killing or embezzling money are. Your examples are flawed.

Again, my point is, law represents the will of the society, so in my opinion, if there's no law against it, right or wrong is up to the individuals involved, not "society", or you.

Hikari doesn't "deserve to be punished", she didn't commit any crime. Even if the wife is hurt, she still didn't commit any crime. A mistake probably. The Manager is the one who broke the marriage contract, so he may be "punished" by getting an unwanted divorce and losing custody and he may "deserve" it, but Hikari can just walk away from the whole thing and she still doesn't have to answer to anyone. She didn't blackmail that guy into cheating.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think this whole "what is the morality of cheating" is going around in circles by this point, so I'm closing down that particular ride. If you want to talk about cheating, leave it to her personal reasons (which at this point are pretty much entirely speculation) and the narrative reasons for it. Leave the overarching morality discussion for some other venue.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I think this whole "what is the morality of cheating" is going around in circles by this point, so I'm closing down that particular ride. If you want to talk about cheating, leave it to her personal reasons (which at this point are pretty much entirely speculation) and the narrative reasons for it. Leave the overarching morality discussion for some other venue.

I quite agree. looking over the debate, I realised I lost my original point several posts ago, after getting caught up in this morality, issue. I was just going to shut it down, and make peace with Nya-chan myself.

last edited at Sep 26, 2018 12:25AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

My original feeling was that Hikari was victim blamed by some people around here.

I obviously want her to cross the imaginary line she drew between her and Moe, but I don't feel like she should be looked at with contempt just because she's mistaken in her relationship choices.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Man, reading yuri high is such a treat

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

"Is my butt okay?"

drools

"It's VERY VERY okay."

"What?"

432027e9-d7bf-4855-8947-d2e8c86accea
joined Jun 3, 2018

Development damn it, I need development (I’m not going to look a gift horse in the mouth with that butt flash, but I’m itching for a little progress).

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Oh yeah, I was kinda missing this manga today. lol

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Development damn it, I need development (I’m not going to look a gift horse in the mouth with that butt flash, but I’m itching for a little progress).

Hey, you gotta look at it this way: this is develepment. Miyu needs to have her emotional and physical feelings pushed until she can’t take it anymore and puts the moves on Nozomi.

It’s all setup for now. Risa and Aya can be our fairy god mother lesbians.

last edited at Oct 10, 2018 1:51AM

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I can't help but think "poor Miyu," but then I remembered how anti hitting on Nozomi she is. Just call her cute (...etc) already, before you explode!
Do it, do it now!

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I recommended this manga at Sevenseas Entertainment's survey together with Octave. I want to have a physical copies of these manga. xDD

last edited at Oct 10, 2018 2:05AM

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

SHE SHOWED DA BUTT!

joined Aug 23, 2018

I'd love a full manga on the tomboy employee and the businesswoman, that storyline is the one so far that's gripped me. That one has a ton of potential. The other stories are cute though.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I feel like Miyu needs to take a hint or Nozomi needs to get a clue-by-four. ... Well, a bigger clue-by-four at any rate.

joined Jun 30, 2015

Dat reversed heart-shaped pupils

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

I recommended this manga at Sevenseas Entertainment's survey together with Octave. I want to have a physical copies of these manga. xDD

Licensed series are taken down from Dynasty, just saying and by no means I'm saying you did something wrong quite the opposite

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Licensed series are taken down from Dynasty, just saying and by no means I'm saying you did something wrong quite the opposite

But it means that you can have your own copy and that also helps the author when you purchase it legally. I'm a huge manga collector and I really love if there will be more Yuri in my shelves.

last edited at Oct 10, 2018 7:26AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

This author draws some excellent faces lol

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

pls let this manga have 100 chapters and more!

joined Feb 18, 2015

"You go put ice on that... I'll go take a cold shower..."

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

But it means that you can have your own copy and that also helps the author when you purchase it legally. I'm a huge manga collector and I really love if there will be more Yuri in my shelves.

The original is free to read online in Japanese, so why would the fan translation get taken down?

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

More like peach shaped lol

I thought they were butt-shaped?

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

More like peach shaped lol

I thought they were butt-shaped?

Peach=butt metaphor

To reply you must either login or sign up.