Forum › Anime season

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The PV that I was waiting for https://youtu.be/oNnXrQgoqXI The True Bahamut

joined Feb 15, 2013

My fear of Happy Sugar Life came true. As the last 3 episodes, the anime just start to rush through every manga events and cut out every possible details that they can cut.

The fact is:
- Ep 1 adapted 1 chapter
- Ep 2-9 adapted 23 chapters (3 chapters/ episode)
- Ep 10-11 adapted 14 chapters (7 chapters/ episode)
- Ep 12 looked like it gonna adapt like 10 chapters

What's a shame, the anime staffs probably already tried their best. But the last 3 chapters ruined the adaptation for me

last edited at Oct 2, 2018 10:29AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

The PV that I was waiting for https://youtu.be/oNnXrQgoqXI The True Bahamut

I'm genuinely surprised (but happy) that this is still alive. Or got resurrected, what with the all-new staff

In other news, it looks like Double Decker has a yuri couple in the form of the punk girl and the albino girl

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

yama no susume - beautiful frienships

planet with - pretty good super robot anime.

jashin dropkick ova/ep12 -pekola x medusa!!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Warning, don't watch that fishing In space anime... It was so bad and awkward to see... The animation is fine, the opening is fine but the content... Oh My God!! Like they took things from Yuuki yuuna and Yu gi oh and tried to make cute young girls go fishing at the same time, and I know you're not supposed to take things too seriously but when they say things like "marine life disappeared from earth and to make sushi again Japan made in 10 years space aquariums and the ability to summon Gods with an app" you gotta wonder if that's part of the joke or a genuine attempt for story... There's also things like loool girls can't fish xD and some really bad choices in seiyu really 2/10 not recommended ... Maybe I'm just too old for this

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I actually kinda enjoyed it just for how bafflingly bizarre some of the story choices are, but, yeah, it's not good and not something I intend to follow

last edited at Oct 3, 2018 9:08PM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

https://youtu.be/O3VO4zinUOI this looks sooooooooo bad hahahaha

Comedy of the Year tbh.

moar gore anime!

The 1st episode of Zombieland was actually quite hilarious. I went in only expecting a low tier horror series and instead I got death metal zombie idols.

last edited at Oct 5, 2018 5:54AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Girls turn into zombies and make an idol unit... Japan please, no more.

Also I'm worried that no streaming service has took Uchi no maid ga Usazugiru ... VERY VERY WORRIED :(

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

It's not uncommon for animes to be picked up after it was released. While I wouldn't be surprised if some streams would avoid getting it, CR already said they try to localize everything. And they already brought worse things before.

Anyway, Zombieland Saga is pretty fun. Comedic timing is great and the guy is hilarious so far.

Another pretty fun and cool show is Double Decker. Also has some lesbians kissing in the ending:
https://i.imgur.com/vvyhmXQh.jpg

last edited at Oct 5, 2018 8:26AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Just watched Zombieland. That was one BRUTAL DISS of the Death Metal scene! I'm guessing the creators of the anime have a very poor opinion of the genre.

Death Metal fans are depicted as a bunch of cretins who can't tell a musical performance by a real band from the random antics of a group of mindless zombies -- and by random antics I mean grotesque screaming, spastic shaking, vandalizing the venue and biting the audience. They loved it! In fact, everyone thought it was, like, best concert ever.

That was some vicious disrespect...

(Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Actually, I give the authors two thumbs up for a job well done. They sure understand Death Metal. ^_~ )

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wtv posted:

It's not uncommon for animes to be picked up after it was released. While I wouldn't be surprised if some streams would avoid getting it, CR already said they try to localize everything. And they already brought worse things before.

I saw the first chapter, yup! Cr took it... And the animation was better than expected, plus they made a great ending song and visuals too.
They didn't show one part that was very bold in the manga but I think that's okay.

joined Dec 16, 2013

Zombie Land Saga is another local goverment funded anime? similar to Francesca which nobody subbing!!!!
too much goverment influence in anime lately, starting to get annoying.

last edited at Oct 7, 2018 12:32PM

joined Jul 19, 2018

Just watched Zombieland. That was one BRUTAL DISS of the Death Metal scene! I'm guessing the creators of the anime have a very poor opinion of the genre.

Death Metal fans are depicted as a bunch of cretins who can't tell a musical performance by a real band from the random antics of a group of mindless zombies -- and by random antics I mean grotesque screaming, spastic shaking, vandalizing the venue and biting the audience. They loved it! In fact, everyone thought it was, like, best concert ever.

(Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Actually, I give the authors two thumbs up for a job well done. They sure understand Death Metal. ^_~ )

I'm pretty sure the entire point of this show is to parody and mock the entire idol and pop culture scene. The running joke and social commentary for this show is basically the music and idol industry is such a vapid wasteland of manufactured pseudo "talent" that even a bunch of mindless corpses can entertain these drooling imbeciles. I don't know if they are going to stick to the death metal scene, but I get a feeling they are going to end up targeting other genres as well. I guess only time will tell.

joined Jul 19, 2018

Wtv posted:

I saw the first chapter, yup! Cr took it... And the animation was better than expected, plus they made a great ending song and visuals too.
They didn't show one part that was very bold in the manga but I think that's okay.

The animation was freakishly good for UzaMaid! I mean I honestly don't understand how a low profile little yuri comedy ended up with the sort of animation budget and talent behind it to pull off something like that first episode. The frame rate was a little bit on the low side, but the motion was beautifully dynamic and fluid.

I wish most anime were even half as well animated as this silly little comedy about a psycho lolicon maid.

last edited at Oct 8, 2018 1:54AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I'm pretty sure the entire point of this show is to parody and mock the entire idol and pop culture scene. The running joke and social commentary for this show is basically the music and idol industry is such a vapid wasteland of manufactured pseudo "talent" that even a bunch of mindless corpses can entertain these drooling imbeciles. I don't know if they are going to stick to the death metal scene, but I get a feeling they are going to end up targeting other genres as well. I guess only time will tell.

Cygames is producing the show. They're one of the companies actually making profit with the idol genre since they develop the im@s game. I strongly doubt there's any intended social commentary. It's a comedy, that's all. Seeing anything else is reading too much into it.

Also, apparently from episode 2 towards they'll be proper idols, singing and dancing.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Okay, next season in yuri:

Yagate Kimi ni Naru / Bloom Into You: You should know what this is. I am a bit worried that they'll have to make up an ending, though

Release the Spyce: Spy action series from Namori and the guy responsible for YuYuYu! The question isn't if it'll have yuri, but if it'll have a decent plot

Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru!: Oh hey, onee-loli anime is a thing now. I found the manga to be one of the more off-putting examples, though

Akanesasu Shoujo / The Girl in Twilight: Has an all-female cast. Also features high production values, an interesting concept, and a pretty good writer. One of the more promising shows of the season, in general

Anima Yell: It's a CGDCT series. Animation looks a bit iffy, though

Senran Kagura Shinovi Master: Senran Kagura has always had yuri elements, if just for titillation. This show looks pretty unlikely to be good, though

Sora to Umi no Aida: We skipped over "cute girls fishing" and went straight to "cute girls fishing in space". So, same odds of yuri as any CGDCT shows, but the odds of it being worth watching are less clear

Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san / Ms. vampire who lives in my neighborhood: Yuri crush

Double Decker: Maybe? It's a Tiger & Bunny spinoff, but has a couple female pairs featured as well as the main male one. Also, having seen the first episode, it's quite good

Operation Han-Gyaku-Sei Million Arthur: I really have no idea what the show is going to be like, but I do note that all of the characters have female partners, so it won't be a huge surprise if there's a yuri relationship or two

Zombieland Saga: Mostly female cast, with the one guy appearing to be some sort of weirdo authority figure. Of course, if it's not significantly better than it's PV, even going full yuri won't make worth watching

Other stuff: Some big name sequels in the form of Index, Jojo, and SAO, and I hear good things about the slime show

Seems double decker does have one, going by the ED.
Unexpected, but we'll see how close to the show the ED is/

joined Dec 16, 2013

Dirty pairs is pretty good anime, wish it get reboot.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Dirty pairs is pretty good anime, wish it get reboot.

Dirty Pair Flash was the reboot.

joined Jul 19, 2018

Cygames is producing the show. They're one of the companies actually making profit with the idol genre since they develop the im@s game. I strongly doubt there's any intended social commentary. It's a comedy, that's all. Seeing anything else is reading too much into it.

Also, apparently from episode 2 towards they'll be proper idols, singing and dancing.

Comedies are the genre most apt to poke fun of the foibles of societal norms. That's pretty much the bread and butter of any parody. Look at Dead Pool for instance. It was made by a studio that banks off of super hero movies yet the entire premise of Dead Pool is to poke fun of the super hero genre.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Well, I really doubt it's trying to mock the genre and I didn't see anything like that in the first episode, but who knows how it'll go.
Just remember they're idols trying to help a city. There's lots of projects like this in Japan, some trying to help cities that were struck by natural disasters. And I doubt the show would mock people who are trying to help others. That doesn't fly well in Japan.

joined Dec 16, 2013

trucest anime??
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36632

last edited at Oct 10, 2018 6:07PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wuoooh Akanesasu its pretty good, indeed!

joined Jul 19, 2018

Well, I really doubt it's trying to mock the genre and I didn't see anything like that in the first episode, but who knows how it'll go.
Just remember they're idols trying to help a city. There's lots of projects like this in Japan, some trying to help cities that were struck by natural disasters. And I doubt the show would mock people who are trying to help others. That doesn't fly well in Japan.

You can lovingly make fun of something. Many times there are parodies that are also love letters to whatever it is they are spoofing. Earlier I pointed to Dead Pool as an example of a movie that is poking fun of the very thing the studio that makes it is banking off of which is super hero franchises, but it is also a good example of a parody that was written from a place of endearment. The people who wrote Dead Pool obviously love super hero comics despite the fact they are poking fun of them.

I suppose ultimately humor is subjective and everyone is free to interpret it however they so choose. I'm guessing you also felt that Majo Shoujo Ore was a serious drama and romance story rather than a parody? Anyway, to each their own.

I will continue to watch the death metal zombie idols with the mad scientist manager as a comedy. If you wish to interpret it as a serious idol anime then by all means do so.

=)

last edited at Oct 11, 2018 8:28PM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

trucest anime??
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36632

2 incest(blood related) anime on the same day, so where is my yuri incest anime?

joined Oct 11, 2018

I'm going to give a go to these anime

-Gundam: G no Reconguista
-Danna ga Nani who Itteru ka Wakaranai Ken
-Denki-Gai no Honya-san
-Kiseijuu
-Log Horizon S2
Nice little link for those who haven't been using this https://mangazuki.me/manga/citrus

To reply you must either login or sign up.