Forum › My Master & Furry-eared Girl Mel discussion

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I can't read Japanese so I have to bug girls from Chaosteam more for faster chapters releasing :v

please don't bug us,we don't work under pressure

B-But... it's ME :(

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

I can't read Japanese so I have to bug girls from Chaosteam more for faster chapters releasing :v

chapter 12 is already on translation :)

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

inb4 Fran starts a competition between the three of them over who has the "best" master. Fran's is obviously filthy rich; I wonder how her (obviously has to be a woman, considering this series) fortune compares to Mels' Master.

joined Feb 23, 2016

I’m i sensing someone who is in
love with Mel????( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

last edited at Sep 10, 2018 6:08PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

inb4 Fran starts a competition between the three of them over who has the "best" master. Fran's is obviously filthy rich; I wonder how her (obviously has to be a woman, considering this series) fortune compares to Mels' Master.

Well, we know that the Master had a lot of the estate inheritance scammed from her by the supposed friend, and she seems to work pretty hard as a writer--and we all know how that's the easy road to big bucks. lol

I get the impression that she's hardly poor, but more "pretty well off" than actually rich.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Stella is dangerously Pedo.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Dog gifs truly are the best

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This is more an English language question I suppose than about the translation - not sure, but in the 3rd pannel of page 15, Marie says 'You don't sleep in this bed much do you Mel?'
To which Mel nods and says 'Yes. I sleep in masters bed.'

Shouldn't when answering something negative like this, you agree with a negative too?
Example:-
If someone said to me 'You don't like carrots do you?' I'd shake my head and say
'No, they are revolting'

Answering with a positive, even if it was 'yes i hate them' seems to boil down to saying 'yes I don't' - which sounds silly.

So it seems Mel should of shook her head and said No, I sleep in my masters bed?

last edited at Sep 11, 2018 12:48PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is more an English language question I suppose than about the translation - not sure, but in the 3rd pannel of page 15, Marie says 'You don't sleep in this bed much do you Mel?'

Shouldn't when answering something negative like this, you agree with a negative too?
If someone said to me 'You don't like carrots do you?' I'd shake my head and say
'No, they are revolting'

Answering with a positive, even if it was 'yes i hate them' seems to boil down to saying 'yes I don't' - which sounds silly.

So it seems Mel should of shook her head and said No, I sleep in my masters bed?

“No” is a more standard idiom in that situation, but either one actually works. The meaning would be:

“No, I don’t sleep in this bed much.” OR
“Yes, you’re right—I usually sleep with Master.”

It would be much more common to leave the “Yes” off the last statement, but it’s not unknown (and wouldn’t be taken as contradictory) to say it that way.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

'No, they are revolting'

In general, there's ambiguity in answering negative questions in English. I think answering this one with "No" would be more common (maybe far more common), but the "Yes" is allowed. In Japanese, negative questions are confirmed with "Yes", and so the lines on the page show Mel nodding. Thus I had to use "Yes" or else contradict the art.

Though looking at it now, I could've reworded that to be something like "Mel, you barely use this bed, don't you?" and then the "Yes" might sound more natural. Sometimes the awkwardness of a line doesn't occur to me while I'm working on it.

On a side note, I think this scene is further evidence for my belief that Marie's "special like" is for Mel. She very quickly realized that Mel doesn't sleep in her own bed, whereas Fran didn't notice until it was pointed out to her. Maybe she was just curious, especially after Mel told her she loves her master. But still, I have this feeling that she loves Mel rather than Stella.

last edited at Sep 11, 2018 2:32PM

Ve_honoka
joined Sep 8, 2018

It could be that Marie is jealous that Mel gets to sleep with her Master, since Marie wants to sleep with Stella, too. But I agree that the triangle is more likely.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@schuyguy I think I would of changed the nod nod to shake shake, and rotated the shake lines and used 'No' but It's ok this way too - it is closer to the Japanese for one. I did think it might be that in Japanese it was done different to us - and my English isn't amazing so I wasn't sure if yes or no was strictly 'right' or 'wrong' anyway.

As for Marie- I will have to disagree there :) If you check out the pages in chapter 9 where they are in bed, Marie looks very happy for Mel as she is explaining that Mel's like for her master is a special like - she even tried to get her to understand by having her compare her friendship like of Marie to how she felt for her master, but Mel didn't get it - and Marie again looks very happy for Mel when she says she will understand one day.

I think Marie is just a super happy and friendly and kind girl who loves everyone - and going by what it said in chapter 9, she and Mel used to share a room, maybe even one bed, and thus obviously she is very familiar with Mel's scent - and all the beastkin have very good sense of smells anyways, so I don't think her being familiar with Mel's smell or noting it's absence is any indication of special feelings.

I wont say It COULDN'T be Mel still - but all her reactions and expressions in chapter 9 when they are talking about special likes, just didn't look like she was thinking of Mel - not given how happy she seemed when she knew Mel loved her Master in that way.

It could be Fran, given that they are writing to each other - but there isn't really anything else to suggest that and actually, it looks a bit like Fran might have a crush on Mel too - or maybe it's just her general tsundere shyness showing.

My money would be on Marie being in love with her own master too- or some unknown party.

last edited at Sep 12, 2018 5:50AM

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

Look's like Itou is working on another doujin of this series

qwertyuiop

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ I wonder if they will ever do another series that isn't loli age gap lol?

(Not complaining tho)

last edited at Sep 11, 2018 7:10PM

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

qwertyuiop

Where did you find that?

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

It was on 4chan. Someone was able to save it before Itou deleted it from their Twitter.

I don't like this pic xD and I'm glad it's not Mel (at least I don't think it's her)

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Yeah, no ears, hair's different, and no collar. Must some other lolicon work Itou Hachi has created.

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

qwertyuiop

Oh my <3

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

Yeah, no ears, hair's different, and no collar. Must some other lolicon work Itou Hachi has created.

Ah, my bad, she looked similar so I thought it was some post-series thing Itou was doing.

Also I didn't see it on 4chan I just make sure to grab anything cute Itou tweets that I'm around for before they can delete it.

Photo
joined Feb 24, 2017

Ah, my bad, she looked similar so I thought it was some post-series thing Itou was doing.

Also I didn't see it on 4chan I just make sure to grab anything cute Itou tweets that I'm around for before they can delete it.

Actually, that pic is of her other age-gap couple.. is not even the rabbit loli or the other cat loli.

both are humans

joined Dec 10, 2014

Maybe it's like Loveless and your ears fall off after you do a fuck. /joking

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Maybe it's like Loveless and your ears fall off after you do a fuck. /joking

Ears no need for forplay yes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I for one do not trust Fran's legal reasoning concerning what counts as "acceptable mutual relations" between humans and beastkin.

Bet the Master doesn't either.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

That was kinda sad, but the Madoka Magica/Hataraku Saibou credit page image was cute. It was missing Sayaka and Nagisa tho.

To reply you must either login or sign up.