Forum › Fukakai na Boku no Subete o discussion

joined Dec 20, 2013

this...
has some serious potential of greatness... I hope it will not be wasted.

joined Oct 14, 2016

I'm not into trap thing since I prefer Yuri but this kinda cute ahaha , but my question is since Mogu gender is M.F does that mean mogu can choose what he/she wants down there if bird or cat(if you know what I mean) ahahaha ,like the guy in UQ holder.

last edited at Aug 22, 2018 1:26AM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

No. They're just a person who doesn't identify.

joined Aug 19, 2018

Zee is obviously an Apache attack helicopter.
This is not a manga about a cross dresser maid cafe but the story of someone with PTSD coming to terms with what happened in Iraq in 1991.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Whoa, some (somewhat) serious non-binary manga? Where's this coming from?

But that male lead strikes me as 700% stereotypical lead in comparable stories so that makes my interest plummet to unfortunate levels ...

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

But that male lead strikes me as 700% stereotypical lead in comparable stories so that makes my interest plummet to unfortunate levels ...

yeah the surrounding cast do not give me much hope for this to be done well

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

Lead is a cookie cutter MC character. That being said, his big bro interests me greatly!

I just read the kimi Dake no Ponytail stories to get a full understanding of things but I'm still a bit confused. I understand MC in this situation as identifying as Agender or non-binary. I just...Like are the other characters transgender or just no? Beside that I'm going to give this series a chance and hope for the best.

ThatSuccubusGirl
joined Jul 8, 2018

This definitely should be tagged with transgender with our agender protagonist.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

yeah the surrounding cast do not give me much hope for this to be done well

Eh, I dunno. If I was going to do something like this, I would probably couch it in a bunch of familiar tropes. The goal is to help your readers understand something they might have unconcious biases against. Presenting that in a familiar framework can help a lot with that sort of thing.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I just read the kimi Dake no Ponytail stories to get a full understanding of things but I'm still a bit confused. I understand MC in this situation as identifying as Agender or non-binary. I just...Like are the other characters transgender or just no? Beside that I'm going to give this series a chance and hope for the best.

Well, Suzu is a boy, he just likes to crossdress, the other characters we probably will discover over time.

From the general assumptions everybody seems to make about the agender kid, I'd say it's likely they're all pretty similar to each other.

joined Dec 20, 2016

There's enormous pressure on boys to act one way and girls another. So it's not hard to see why someone would want to opt out of that game entirely, even if I personally think the "gender spectrum" is about as useful as astrology.

Img_2543
joined Feb 28, 2013

This just may be me seeing this through my own personal lens, but I believe Mogumo is intersex or possibly trans.

joined Apr 3, 2018

Yeah I don't know a lot about Japanese documentation but considering it's marked with both M and F they're probably meant to be intersex

Untitled172-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

W-Wait, why the sequel part? What's the first story? ;w;

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

There's enormous pressure on boys to act one way and girls another. So it's not hard to see why someone would want to opt out of that game entirely, even if I personally think the "gender spectrum" is about as useful as astrology.

Once the singularity is here and we shed our fleshy vessels in favor of perfect robot bodies these silly notions won't be relevant no more anyway, might as well discard them now.

last edited at Aug 22, 2018 4:05PM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

W-Wait, why the sequel part? What's the first story? ;w;

The maid cafe is the one from the author’s doujin series and one of the boys working there is the MC from it too. The one with the ponytail.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Once the singularity is here and we shed our fleshy vessels in favor of perfect robot bodies these silly notions won't be relevant no more anyway, might as well discard them now.

But does your perfect robot body have female or male bits or both?

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

But does your perfect robot body have female or male bits or both?

That depends, which day of the week are we talking about?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

jaggyd posted:

This just may be me seeing this through my own personal lens, but I believe Mogumo is intersex or possibly trans.

Yes, you are. They are agender or at least don't identify as either male or female.

BellaDante posted:

Yeah I don't know a lot about Japanese documentation but considering it's marked with both M and F they're probably meant to be intersex

Well considering the person themselves clearly said they are neither, this was a attempt at avoiding answering the question, since document asked for their gender and they don't have one, so they wrote both hoping nobody will think much of it. And they were right since brother assumed it was a mistake.

joined Apr 24, 2015

This is one of the dumbest series on here.

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

This is my take on the characters so far;
Mogumo - Non-binary, agender. The fact that they present as female is a source of confusion as most enbies I've met prefer to look as androgynous as possible but it's definitely not unheard of for non-binary people to have male and female preferences depending on the situation (clothing, pronouns, body image)
Mei - Transgender. Born a boy but wishes she was born a girl, fairly obvious. Although, she accepts the label of girlyboy as a way to fit in.
MC's brother - Transgender. Although we don't know that much about this character at this point, and they keep getting referred to as "brother". Need more data.
Suzu - A boy who enjoys crossdressing. Nothing wrong with that! He even uses "Ore" to refer to himself.
Ten-chan - Ten-chan is Ten-chan.

Overall, I'm really liking this!

last edited at Aug 23, 2018 12:35AM

GendoIkari Uploader
RomanticGuy153
joined May 21, 2018

This is one of the dumbest series on here.

I think is the opposite, one of the smartest. The author has clearly made a lot of search for present something that can help to understand more easily the difference between the agender, the transgender and the crossdresser.
It's educational and entertaining, a little bit as the comic of the famous author Sophie Labelle (which i recommand highly for understand the trans reality).

last edited at Aug 23, 2018 7:03AM

dolphinForPrez
810c9214-a5e7-4680-a375-24ae680f7420
joined Feb 25, 2018

Hey this is calling itself a sequel, please could someone make obvious where to find implied predecessor. thanks :)

edit: nevermind its like the only thing the author has on this site. still would like someone to pin it in the comments (thats where i look for sequel directions)

last edited at Aug 23, 2018 7:24AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.