Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

yikes, ok. for the record, i only suggested emailing for polite inquiry, since that's why they have an email available.

before, when i was considering picking up the series, they didn't have any contact info, so i couldn't ask. it took me doing up a chapter, submitting it for upload, and then hearing back from the people in charge of managing upload requests that drmario et al. were, in fact, continuing the series. that's why the most recent chapter has an email on the credits page--for people to contact them with those kinds of questions

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

yikes, ok. for the record, i only suggested emailing for polite inquiry, since that's why they have an email available.

before, when i was considering picking up the series, they didn't have any contact info, so i couldn't ask. it took me doing up a chapter, submitting it for upload, and then hearing back from the people in charge of managing upload requests that drmario et al. were, in fact, continuing the series. that's why the most recent chapter has an email on the credits page--for people to contact them with those kinds of questions

Which I think was a perfectly reasonable thing to do since again we've not seen an update for this in 6-ish months at this point

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

The better option would be to try to help scanlate it yourself or just leave the series alone in the hopes that someone else picks it up. Contact emails should not be used for update requests not only because it's rude, but because basically any answer they give you will be unsatisfactory anyway.
If you happen to know anyone with interest in working on it, then by all means give them a poke instead.

Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

If you happen to know anyone with interest in working on it, then by all means give them a poke instead.

as i mentioned earlier, i was interested, i did a chapter (actually like two or three), submitted upload requests, and nothing happened. finally ended up joining the discord to ask why nothing had been uploaded, and they said that since the current group was intending to continue they wouldn't upload mine. might be different now, though? i guess a lot can change in, what, 6 months?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Try uploading at mangadex instead (would be a shame to waste that effort), if the group here is busy there's not much we can do

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

The issue is that drmario has confirmed that he has not dropped the series and intends to keep working on it, however due to certain circumstances, the scanlation has been delayed. As this site is tries to stick with the same translator's work, the discussion is turning into a manipulative dialogue of either:
1. Update the series, circumstances and real life be damned
2. Give up the series

While the desire for updates is understandable, this isn't the right way to go about it. Attempting to group pressure the current scanlator into giving up their "rights" to the series is just a form of bullying. Privately offering to help seems like a much smoother way to do it, and if that doesn't work out, accept that fact, or try to form a compromise with them, instead of in a public discussion just to fish for people to back you up.

Furthermore, while I haven't seen examples of Darui's work, she has stated that she uses very basic software and raws, and as such, the quality of the scanlation could possibly not be satisfactory in the first place.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

"the discussion is turning into a manipulative dialogue of either:
2. Give up the series"

Literally nobody here is doing this, nor is anyone "fishing for people to back them up" unless you literally are drmario there's no reason to get so pissy about people simply asking about a series and then thinking about alternative ways to keep reading while drmario is busy, also you haven't seen Darui's work so no you can't say the quality would not be "satisfactory"

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rosenakahara posted:

2. Give up the series"

Literally nobody here is doing this, nor is anyone "fishing for people to back them up" unless you literally are drmario there's no reason to get so pissy about people simply asking about a series and then thinking about alternative ways to keep reading while drmario is busy, also you haven't seen Darui's work so no you can't say the quality would not be "satisfactory"

Ok if you are not going to even read past posts to see for yourself whatever someone is pressuring scanlators or not, you shouldn't be responding or actively defending anyone. I let it slide the first time, but you did it again.

Yikuph posted:

What's the deal no one continuing translation?

That doesn't really sound too pleasant. Something like "Is this series dropped?" would be much better, but even if you don't find this one offensive then...

Yikuph posted:

If the current group won't continue translating they should let everyone know it's okay to continue. So anyone can pick it up the translation.

That is blatant pressuring group to either hurry up and drop it so someone else can work on it. And especially not good coming from someone who don't even want to pick it up, but rather just want to read more for free. Also remember we kinda have a rule against pestering groups about new releases etc. but if you don't think that count...

Yikuph posted:

Not pressuring, I simply want to know if they gave up translation already or are they going to make me wait another half year for another chapter.

...then this one should have you cover. Sure. Totally not complaining and pressuring scanlators at all.

Yikuph posted:

Okay that's pressuring (not what I intended) but it's not that fucking rude, stop being a prude ass. It's reasonable for reader to wonder what happen with translation especially series this good and the raw is gotten so far. Again I am not trying to get disrespectful to the translator. I'm just casual reader wondering what happens with translation.

Yea, not rude at all, except it was. You don't know what "prude" means. You (and Rosenakahara) are right. It is reasonable to politely ask for any update on series. But you weren't polite. You actively pushed for group to either respond saying they will hurry up or drop series on the spot so someone else can work on it, so you don't have to wait longer for it and read it as soon as possible. That is pretty ungrateful and inpatient of you.

So Rosenakahara next time you try to defend anyone, at least read what they actually posted, because Yikuph is doing exactly what Meursault said, while being totally blind to how entitled they were acting.

last edited at Jul 15, 2018 5:23PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Rosenakahara posted:

2. Give up the series"

Ok if you are not going to even read past posts to see for yourself whatever someone is pressuring scanlators or not, you shouldn't be responding or actively defending anyone. I let it slide the first time, but you did it again.

Yikuph posted:

What's the deal no one continuing translation?

That doesn't really sound too pleasant. Something like "Is this series dropped?" would be much better, but even if you don't find this one offensive then...

Yikuph posted:

If the current group won't continue translating they should let everyone know it's okay to continue. So anyone can pick it up the translation.

That is blatant pressuring group to either hurry up and drop it so someone else can work on it. And especially not good coming from someone who don't even want to pick it up, but rather just want to read more for free. Also remember we kinda have a rule against pestering groups about new releases etc. but if you don't think that count...

Yikuph posted:

Not pressuring, I simply want to know if they gave up translation already or are they going to make me wait another half year for another chapter.

...then this one should have you cover. Sure. Totally not complaining and pressuring scanlators at all.

Yikuph posted:

Okay that's pressuring (not what I intended) but it's not that fucking rude, stop being a prude ass. It's reasonable for reader to wonder what happen with translation especially series this good and the raw is gotten so far. Again I am not trying to get disrespectful to the translator. I'm just casual reader wondering what happens with translation.

Yea, not rude at all, except it was. You don't know what "prude" means. You (and Rosenakahara) are right. It is reasonable to politely ask for any update on series. But you weren't polite. You actively pushed for group to either respond saying they will hurry up or drop series on the spot so someone else can work on it, so you don't have to wait longer for it and read it as soon as possible. That is pretty ungrateful and inpatient of you.

So Rosenakahara next time you try to defend anyone, at least read what they actually posted, because Yikuph is doing exactly what Meursault said, while being totally blind to how entitled they were acting.

Except I did read the last posts, I just disagree that this was in any way pressuring, pressuring would be akin to constantly sending emails asking where the next chapter is instead of asking on a public forum what's going on with the series and then simply defending their position when they get accused of "pressuring" the translator, not everything is a personal attack against someone.

Yikuph also only resorted to language that could be seen as aggressive after they were accused of pressuring too which while not the right move it's understandable why they did so, secondly what they said is perfectly rational to assume that after 6 months of 0 updates that the person working on it had dropped it, there are several posts above that one asking what's going on and manga being dropped suddenly is more common than people would like so while they were mistaken in that assessment thinking it had been dropped asking for what they did wasn't worthy of this much ire.

Thirdly I really don't like how condescending this whole post is you're acting like I only defended what Yikuph was saying and Darui because I was uninformed, did you ever consider that just maybe I have a different opinion than you on what is considered "pressuring"?

When we ask for an update we mean some sort of post saying what's happening here, don't need any personal details life happens just something instead of dead silence hearsay recovered only from the discord

last edited at Jul 15, 2018 5:45PM

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

I would say that doing these things in public, when the scanlator is readily available in the Discord server, and their email is in the credits, is either just socially numb, or intended to create pressure by attempting to get more people to agree with you. This could all have been done in private.

As I personally have actually done the unthinkable and asked in person, I know for a fact that he is currently working on the chapter.

last edited at Jul 19, 2018 10:33AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

also you haven't seen Darui's work so no you can't say the quality would not be "satisfactory"

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rosenakahara posted:

Thirdly I really don't like how condescending this whole post is you're acting like I only defended what Yikuph was saying and Darui because I was uninformed, did you ever consider that just maybe I have a different opinion than you on what is considered "pressuring"?

Except even staff considered their posts going over the line and taking a track record of a lot of people posting on dynasty with barely reading anything past few posts or at all, the option of you simply not reading previous comments was more likely. I was actually being polite since I considered your posts a honest mistake.

Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

ok, too many things to quote, but also not things that can be left unadressed.

A) all those months ago i did ask privately, i did get my answer, and i did leave it be after that. the only reason i brought it up now is because i thought it would be unfair for someone else to put in the effort and end up with the same result when i could have warned them of it possibly being for naught. there's no point in history repeating itself.
B) while it is natural to wonder about updates, i agree that it is rude to pressure the people who are doing this for free on their own time for us. scanlating is time-consuming and finding the right words can be difficult. what little scanlating i did do has made me respect the people who do it on the regular even more. drmario et al. have done some great work and i'm always grateful for their efforts.
C) for the record, my initial tools may have been paint and screenshots, but i quickly got tired of those and moved on to proper raws and gimp. i think they look good, but the resolution of the raws i found is admittedly not as crisp as the ones from drmario et al. but, compared to some other scanlations i've seen on here, they're pretty good. some of my translations were also used in the last chapter that was posted.

i hope that none of this comes across as aggressive or rude. if it does, please know that i did not mean it to sound that way. (ps i'm not a she, i'm a they)

joined Jan 11, 2015

@darui
While talking to drmario, he mentioned that he'd like to work with you more in the future. I swear, you young 'uns should learn to just talk with each other, smh. :p

last edited at Jul 19, 2018 10:29AM

joined Dec 4, 2016

I don't know things about translation tbh, like I said just reader asking translation progress. I don't know darui but I think accusing darui pressuring translator is not right, I could be wrong, tell me. Translator is working on chapter? Ok then.

joined Jun 28, 2018

After reaching the last page, all I can think is "damn, I want more!"

Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

While talking to drmario, he mentioned that he'd like to work with you more in the future. I swear, you young 'uns should learn to just talk with each other, smh. :p

work schedule permitting, i'd be happy to lend my services as needed!
communication is definitely key! it seems the internet bleeds the nuance out of everything, tho

After reaching the last page, all I can think is "damn, I want more!"

I think this is a sentiment we can all get behind!

984ee08ca42d308f9bdaa33a06c653e7
joined Dec 24, 2015

So from what I got, no one is working on this manga since a while, but the "translation rights" still belong to DrMario and the squad, but they can't work on it right now?
Why not let someone else translate it while they're away so people can keep on reading? They can always pick up the translation back later when they're ready.
I don't get why the right to translate this manga in particular should belong to a specific group, they didn't buy the rights, no? Sorry if I sound rude, but I don't get why the translation must be locked up for a single group to work on when they can't actually pick it up for now?

last edited at Aug 1, 2018 6:41AM

joined Mar 8, 2016

Lotta rumblings here now I see; I haven't heard anything from DrMario in awhile but I'll reach out to him today to see what's up.

joined Mar 8, 2016

Well, I emailed DrMario more than a week ago and haven't heard back from him. If you want my opinion as a contributor to the project and someone knowing a little about his situation, I'd consider the series abandoned and welcome putting together a new team with darui and any other interested parties. I'd still be available for translation help / proofreading / editing.

DrMario did amazing work; he had a real dedication to quality in both the visual presentation (font choices, redrawing, and other exacting work on the images) and the nuance of the translation. It's big shoes to fill if he can't continue. But I think absent him being available to at least reaffirm his "claim," there shouldn't be anything stopping a new team forming. There's only been one chapter in nearly a year, with nearly a hundred more in the pipe.

last edited at Aug 10, 2018 1:32AM

joined Jan 11, 2015

@Tamahime
I mean, sure... But as I mentioned, I've talked to him and he is currently working on it... :/

joined Mar 8, 2016

You say that, but you seem to be the only one who is able to communicate with him at all.

He hasn't contacted or replied to me, his collaborator.

His last post in the Discord is November of last year.

He hasn't posted at all on this thread to indicate his activity or ongoing interest.

All we have to go on is you saying a month ago that he's "working on a chapter."

joined Jan 11, 2015

Well excuuuuuuse me, princess! :p

joined Jul 31, 2013

This is a great yuri manga. Sucks about the translations.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

NOTE: this list is no longer maintained, the current list can be found here:
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/630687

While we are waiting, thought I might re post this list I made from way back when:

With all the new chapters I decided to read again from beginning.
For giggles I composed a list of all the smooches.

Full kisses:
6.7 - Michiru x Airi
14.7 - Mahimahi
60.5 - Ayano x Miyoshi
85.7 - Shizuka x Mio, 85.9 too
97.2 - Shizuka x Mio (flashback), 97.5 too
98.8 - Kaoru x Shizuka
99.12 - Nao x Nao
100.10 - Ayano x Miyoshi
102.5 - Mahimahi
107.2 - Kaoru x Shizuka (flashback)
107.3 - Shizuka x Mio (flashback), 107.11 (for real)
110.7 - Kaoru x harem (fantasy)
115.12 - Ai x Chie, finally!!
117.10 - Shizuka x Mio
122.6 - Kaoru x Mask, there's a mask in between them, still I'm counting it as a kiss
143.12 - Shizuka x Kaoru, oh no....
149.10 - Ai x Chie, dawww!
156.12 - Kaoru x library girl
186.10 - Mio x Shizuka, through 186.13 Multi-page color kiss!!
189.17 - Kaoru x Mask
192.14-15 - Ai x Chie, color
198.4 - Mio x Shizuka
204.3.4 - Ai x Chie, color
209.10 - Yuu x Marie
216.10 - Elisha x Honoka, a glancing blow, but Eli says it's so

One-sided / near kisses (lip play):
19.6 - Mahimahi
23.6 - Nononon x Yumimi
37.11 - Ai x Chie
39.12 - Elisha x Honoka
45.12 - Elisha x Honoka
46.7 - Kaoru x Hibiki
49.10 - Ai x Chie
68.7 - Kaoru x Shizuka
85.3 - Shizuka x Mio, 85.4 too
92.8 - Yuu x Mari, 92.9, 92.10 too
100.11 - Ayano x Miyoshi
101.7 - Ai x Chie
131.9 - Yuu x Mari, 131.12 too
138.12 - Mahimahi (?)
139.10 - Yuu x Mari
146.12 - Nononon x Yumimi, 146.14 too
156.9 - Kaoru x library girl, 156.10 too
159.9 - Mahimahi
163.7 - Ayano x Miyoshi
163.15 - Micihiru x Airi
168.5 - Micihiru x Airi, 168.9 too
172.13 - Elisha x Honoka
196.3 - Ai x Chie, color
206.10 - Mahimahi
206.10 - Mahiru x Yuu, 206.11 too
206.12 - Yuu x Marie
206.14 - Marie x Mahiro, trouble
209.13 - Marie x Yuu
214.10 - Yumimi x Nononon, 214.11 too
216.9 - Elisha x Honoka 2x
219.3 - Yumimi x Nononon, 219.5 for the reversal
220.3 - Miyoshi x Ayano, virtual?
220.5 - Ayano x Miyoshi, virtual?

last edited at Oct 24, 2020 4:58PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.