Forum › Posts by darui

darui
Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

i just want more of ai and chie being lovers

I'm with you, they are the best couple, they need to kiss and hug and fuck and everything.

maybe if we get lucky they'll even hold hands more

oh buddy you have so much to look forward to! be excited!

Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

Which led me to suddenly visualize a scene of Yamada pinching Kase’s butt in public, a scene I now want more than mere words can express.

oh HELL yes. PLEASE.

darui
Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

While talking to drmario, he mentioned that he'd like to work with you more in the future. I swear, you young 'uns should learn to just talk with each other, smh. :p

work schedule permitting, i'd be happy to lend my services as needed!
communication is definitely key! it seems the internet bleeds the nuance out of everything, tho

After reaching the last page, all I can think is "damn, I want more!"

I think this is a sentiment we can all get behind!

darui
Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

ok, too many things to quote, but also not things that can be left unadressed.

A) all those months ago i did ask privately, i did get my answer, and i did leave it be after that. the only reason i brought it up now is because i thought it would be unfair for someone else to put in the effort and end up with the same result when i could have warned them of it possibly being for naught. there's no point in history repeating itself.
B) while it is natural to wonder about updates, i agree that it is rude to pressure the people who are doing this for free on their own time for us. scanlating is time-consuming and finding the right words can be difficult. what little scanlating i did do has made me respect the people who do it on the regular even more. drmario et al. have done some great work and i'm always grateful for their efforts.
C) for the record, my initial tools may have been paint and screenshots, but i quickly got tired of those and moved on to proper raws and gimp. i think they look good, but the resolution of the raws i found is admittedly not as crisp as the ones from drmario et al. but, compared to some other scanlations i've seen on here, they're pretty good. some of my translations were also used in the last chapter that was posted.

i hope that none of this comes across as aggressive or rude. if it does, please know that i did not mean it to sound that way. (ps i'm not a she, i'm a they)

darui
Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

If you happen to know anyone with interest in working on it, then by all means give them a poke instead.

as i mentioned earlier, i was interested, i did a chapter (actually like two or three), submitted upload requests, and nothing happened. finally ended up joining the discord to ask why nothing had been uploaded, and they said that since the current group was intending to continue they wouldn't upload mine. might be different now, though? i guess a lot can change in, what, 6 months?

darui
Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

yikes, ok. for the record, i only suggested emailing for polite inquiry, since that's why they have an email available.

before, when i was considering picking up the series, they didn't have any contact info, so i couldn't ask. it took me doing up a chapter, submitting it for upload, and then hearing back from the people in charge of managing upload requests that drmario et al. were, in fact, continuing the series. that's why the most recent chapter has an email on the credits page--for people to contact them with those kinds of questions

darui
Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

yeah, that was the issue before. i was ready to take a shot at it, but they said they were still doing it.

darui
Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

idk, the group currently(?) working on it posted a chapter in january and haven't shown any movement since. you could try emailing them?

darui
Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

volume 13 (chapters 158-174) just went on sale in japan, but that's all i got as far as news. nothing on the scanlation front, unfortunately.

darui
Image Comments 05 Feb 20:34
Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017
59816953_p0

fyi the note on the package rin is holding says "nozomi's"

she's been caught in the act lol

darui
Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

yeah, i emailed him too, but no reply yet. i don't want to impose, but i also don't want to let this series stagnate since i really love it and i'm sure i'm not the only one.

i have raws up through volume 12 and the most recent few chapters from jump+, as well as someone who's been proofreading for me. however, considering you've been working on this series up till now, i'd love your feedback. i guess it depends on his response, though.

hello, sorry if this is a dumb question, but if you decide to translate where would you put everything? here?

that was the plan if the current group had dropped it, but it looks like they're continuing and should have the next chapter up soon, so it's in their hands

last edited at Jan 15, 2018 1:14PM

darui
Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

I sent an email to DrMario to see what's up. I'm one of the people who had been working on the past couple of volumes with him as editor/proofreader. He did the heavy lifting of scanning, cleaning, translating, etc, and did a fantastic job. If he's tapping out, he may at least be willing to pass on the torch formally and point you to good raws and some tools and tricks for cleanup, as well as fonts etc.

Myself, I am available to continue to help if needed. I have the originals and I do read Japanese.

yeah, i emailed him too, but no reply yet. i don't want to impose, but i also don't want to let this series stagnate since i really love it and i'm sure i'm not the only one.

i have raws up through volume 12 and the most recent few chapters from jump+, as well as someone who's been proofreading for me. however, considering you've been working on this series up till now, i'd love your feedback. i guess it depends on his response, though.

darui
Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

anyways, on a more relevant-to-this-forum note, i've made some headway on why nothing's been uploaded yet and i'm working on resolving that.

darui
Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

@darui
I dunno about other people, but I usually check a dictionary if I don't recognise a word. And as you might expect, "concrit" doesn't show up in a dictionary or any reliable websites, so one would assume it's a typo.

Edit: fanlore.org doesn't sound like a go-to site for looking up words you don't know, so I'm not surprised that people would overlook it.

It's also convenient if people understand what you mean, especially on an international forum where a large amount of >users' first language isn't English... =A=

again, my bad. i did explain it again in detail. i guess that saying about assumptions exists for a reason.

for the record, i don't even own a paper dictionary, because i find google more useful. this is probably because most of the unfamiliar words i come across are of the colloquial/slang variety and wouldn't appear in a dictionary, as you said. but fair point about first languages (though i myself have googled many the japanese slang word with success).

darui
Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

They were making a joke because "concrit" isn't a word, at least not an English one. Most likely a typo, so they were wondering what word you actually meant to type.

I guess he just didn't consider that people might not understand "concrit" as shorthand for "constructive criticism."

yeah, i guess my bad for assuming people are like me and google words they don't recognize. (this in the second result after googling "concrit" btw -> https://fanlore.org/wiki/Concrit)

anyways, all words are made up and prescriptivism is boring.

(also, not a he, but it's cool)

darui
Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

thanks for the offer! i'm pretty confident in my writing skills, but i'm always open to concrit or advice!

what did you mean

...that i believe my knowledge of grammar, spelling, and syntax is pretty solid, but i am open to constructive criticism and advice from readers as i proceed with translating this work? i'm not really sure what was unclear about that, but hopefully this is easier to understand.

Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

is there some sort of notification system for uploads letting us know when the request has been viewed, or at least that it has been recieved? related: how long does it usually take for manga chapters to be uploaded after submission?

darui
Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

I don't really know scanlation lingo but I'm really good with grammar and spelling and such if you need any help there- otherwise I'm afraid I'd be useless :/ but I think that's basically what cleaning is so I guess you've got that covered, haha.

On another note, I don't know why this series is so obscure given its length. I guess maybe it's iffy beginnings as a borderline hentai and the overload of pairings? But I ship anyone, anywhere, so it's ideal for me, haha.

I'm not patient by nature and I'm dying to see what happens next, like if Miyoshi will ever catch on- if Ayano hadn't lied at the end of this last one I'd guess a Green-Eyed Epiphany would be in the works but now I'm just not sure at all. And then there's Shizuka, who sucks as a human being for stringing along Mio, of all people, all while playing the victim/good girl...people like her and Kaori really deserve each other.

ANYWAY! Shippers lenses off now, if there's anything I can do to help, let me know! I'll try to check back here more frequently!

thanks for the offer! i'm pretty confident in my writing skills, but i'm always open to concrit or advice!

i've actually gone ahead and submitted chapter 89, so i guess happy holidays whenever it gets uploaded! i don't really know the turnaround time on here, though, so i can't say when that will be.

darui
Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

Hey this probably isn't the best place to put this but if you need a cleaner or proofreader I've had a bit of experience in both. I really enjoy this series as well and the upload rate isn't.... optimal haha.
But I mean if you've got that covered that's fine

that would be great, actually! like i said, i'd just be winging it, so any help is welcome!
my email is amarantosian@gmail.com

darui
Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

I'd be totally behind that, I don't know if you need any special permission from anyone before doing so but I don't see why not, if the person who does the updates isn't going to do it anymore (it's been more than 3 months now and from what I can tell sometimes there's like a year between any updates, I remember I started reading this when I was 15 and it was basically just no plot, then it stopped for a long time). I'm super excited to see the relationships pan out now that they seem to be getting more serious (especially Ayano and Miyoshi), and I'm a little afraid that the scanlator isn't going to do this manga anymore, and that would be a tragedy (because my mom wouldn't let me take Japanese in college T.T) So if you decide to do that, I for one am behind you all the way! :)

Btw I'm totally new too, I actually signed up just to respond, haha, so I'm sorry if I'm not doing the correct format for responses!

ok cool! I've been reading it in japanese as it updates and there's some really great stuff happening, so i really want to make sure people who want to can read as much of it as possible. especially since there isn't an official english translation available (to my knowledge).

my tools are, uh, ms paint and screenshots from the ebook version i bought, though. so...fair warning i guess

darui
Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

hey, new here (though i've been lurking without an account for a while i guess). i'm hardly experienced with scanlating, but if there are no updates by the end of the year i can give it a go? i'd hate for people to miss out.