Forum › Happy End For You discussion

MelisaArtemis
joined Jan 16, 2018

Hmm... while I don't condone violence in any situation, I have to say that the bullies got their deserved justice. Here's the thing... anyone who says "Just ignore the bullies, they'll get bored eventually" NEVER experience being bullied. The only way to stop bullies is to give them a taste on EXACTLY how it feels to be on the receiving end.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

the fuck was that

n o t

o k

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

As someone that has had experience with bullying on several fronts...

This was real fucked up.
Like, that ending is reeeeeeeeally fucked up. I don't like this at all.

Bullies getting what they deserve is fucked up because?

Because any kind of retaliation to bullying proves that the bullies got to you, which is only going to incur more, if not from this girl than from someone else. Not only that, but violence tends to lose you any sympathy with authority figures.

This ending is the exact WRONG thing to do against bullying. Not to mention the characters suddenly snap and pull a 180. I really hate seeing a story like this promoting shit like this

Really, now? Because retaliation actually worked for me just fine. The jerks who bullied me actually escalated things when I simply ignored them; it's when I finally exploded upon them twice by my third year of high shcool that they finally learned that just because several of them are over twice my weight in muscle and could probably break my arm if they wanted to is worth bullshit when me being pissed off enough to actually get physical as a result of their bullying means that I give zero fucks about whether the resulting fight ends up with one or both of us either maimed or even dead... and that I have zero qualms about skipping all the way to the bottom of the barrel in terms of how dirty I get in a fight if I'm given even the slightest excuse.

Apparently, they never expected that full-force biting with the intent to tear into the flesh of an offending hand/arm or purposefuly punching at their windpipes were perfectly acceptable courses of action in my book.

Oh, and for context, I was more or less a model student throughout my school life. Top 10-ish in grades on average, almost never willingly violated a school rule, perfectly well-mannered, respectful and helpful to teachers, and the only fights I got into were either started by others or were in self-defense/defense of others... and I was part of a very rare breed in my school for having all those traits. All of that meant that even when I really resorted to violent retaliations, the teachers always only punished the other party because they understood that I was simply defending myself through the "intimidation through disproportionate retaliation" doctrine, given that not only was I outnumbered but even one-on-one I was at a heavily unfair physical disadvantage due to being lanky as hell (too busy either studying or on the computer to bother putting enough hours at physical exercise to build up my muscles).

last edited at May 30, 2018 7:56PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

MarqFJA87 posted:

Really, now? Because retaliation actually worked for me just fine. The jerks who bullied me actually escalated things when I simply ignored them; it's when I finally exploded upon them twice by my third year of high shcool that they finally learned that just because several of them are over twice my weight in muscle and could probably break my arm if they wanted to is worth bullshit when me being pissed off enough to actually get physical as a result of their bullying means that I give zero fucks about whether the resulting fight ends up with one or both of us either maimed or even dead... and that I have zero qualms about skipping all the way to the bottom of the barrel in terms of how dirty I get in a fight if I'm given even the slightest excuse.

Apparently, they never expected that full-force biting with the intent to tear into the flesh of an offending hand/arm or purposefuly punching at their windpipes were perfectly acceptable courses of action in my book.

Thank you. I tried to make people understand that.

joined Dec 28, 2016

This is one of those things I think would happen if Japanese-style bullying happened at US schools. It's why it doesn't happen here.

Images-1
joined Oct 5, 2013

Lmfao awesome. Crazy bitches love each other, it's sweet

Images-1
joined Oct 5, 2013

Reciprocated love is always nice to see even if it is built upon psychopathic mania and homicidal fury

Omg i love your avatar

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

MarqFJA87 posted:

Thank you. I tried to make people understand that.

Huh. Same here. My bullies only stopped harassing me after I broke the nose of one of them. Yeah, I suffered the consequences, but I survived and was never picked on again.

I never felt the need to bully anyone after that neither. What I did was self-defense with the intent to cease future abuse. I'm don´t believe in the "give the other face" because it didn´t work for me.

I know it´s a harsh thing to say, but it´s the truth: Sometimes, violence is the answer.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I know it´s a harsh thing to say, but it´s the truth: Sometimes, violence is the answer.

I don't know about that, but i'm sure that words are not the answer. I tried turning the bullies words back on them once. It earned me an immediate physical beating.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I don't know about that, but i'm sure that words are not the answer. I tried turning the bullies words back on them once. It earned me an immediate physical beating.

That sucks to hear. I hope every single one of your bullies get brutally beat up at some point.

last edited at May 31, 2018 9:46PM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I think the story is completely separate from how real bullying should be handled just because that's clearly not what the author was caring to display. Page 21 case in point with the yandere font. Personally Ichi is too sadistic for me, and the intentional planning of the violence reminds me too strongly of somebody buying a gun for revenge, only difference being she explicitly makes clear she wasn't going to kill them.

I'm not sure violence is the answer either for bullying, but I'm sure it depends on the situation. Eventually you do what you have to do and there's a breaking point for everyone. Can't ever condemn legitimate self-defense.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

This bullied are hilarious, act so arrogant but then react so boo-boo when get hit once.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Midnightgunner posted:

Huh. Same here. My bullies only stopped harassing me after I broke the nose of one of them. Yeah, I suffered the consequences, but I survived and was never picked on again.

I never felt the need to bully anyone after that neither. What I did was self-defense with the intent to cease future abuse. I'm don´t believe in the "give the other face" because it didn´t work for me.

Unfortunately in America that's not really an option thanks to bullshit zero-tolerance policies. It results in such great actions as the bullied getting steeper and steeper penalties because there's one of them but multiple bullies. And most of the time the teachers who are implementing said policies don't actually care.

This (combined with an abusive parent who scared me far more than any bullies ever could who insisted I fight back) eventually resulted in me getting shipped off by my school district to a private school that specialized in anger management because, oddly enough, people tend to get quite frustrated with the system when it penalizes them constantly for the actions of others.

At least the whole debacle ended up earning me a reputation that by the time I left the private school nobody actually wanted to mess with me. Helped by the few instances someone actually managed to make me lose my temper in high school.

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

Ok, that was a nice story. And for those people here saying that this is fucked up, and "i was bullied too but it's not right to fight back", there's a 99% chance that you were never bullied to begin with, or you experienced some inconvenience and you convinced yourself that it was bullying. I have been bullied through highschool, and it doesnt stop. Trying to endure it, persevering, nope. In real life, bullies seldomly get bored with their victims, so please get off your high horse and stop preaching to us. Fighting back is not the answer? Sounds like someone who's "bullying experience" was just getting shoved once. If you really experienced bullying thoroughly, then you wouldn't even think about defending them. And bullying is never a "good experience". Prolly something a bully would say tbh.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ok, that was a nice story. And for those people here saying that this is fucked up, and "i was bullied too but it's not right to fight back", there's a 99% chance that you were never bullied to begin with, or you experienced some inconvenience and you convinced yourself that it was bullying. I have been bullied through highschool, and it doesnt stop. Trying to endure it, persevering, nope. In real life, bullies seldomly get bored with their victims, so please get off your high horse and stop preaching to us. Fighting back is not the answer? Sounds like someone who's "bullying experience" was just getting shoved once. If you really experienced bullying thoroughly, then you wouldn't even think about defending them. And bullying is never a "good experience". Prolly something a bully would say tbh.

Leave it off, please. This is a manga discussion, not a mind-reading one.

You're in no position to dictate what someone else's experience is.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Midnightgunner posted:

Unfortunately in America that's not really an option thanks to bullshit zero-tolerance policies. It results in such great actions as the bullied getting steeper and steeper penalties because there's one of them but multiple bullies. And most of the time the teachers who are implementing said policies don't actually care.

This (combined with an abusive parent who scared me far more than any bullies ever could who insisted I fight back) eventually resulted in me getting shipped off by my school district to a private school that specialized in anger management because, oddly enough, people tend to get quite frustrated with the system when it penalizes them constantly for the actions of others.

At least the whole debacle ended up earning me a reputation that by the time I left the private school nobody actually wanted to mess with me. Helped by the few instances someone actually managed to make me lose my temper in high school.

So, let me see if I got this straight: Your school system penalizes the bullied who fights back but don't take action against the bullies who started the agression, completely disregarding and dauting the right of self-defense? Well, that really is fucking bullshit. Is the majority of american schools like that? (I'm brazilian so I don't know). I sure hope not.

I know that you and I not always seen eye to eye, but I'm truly sorry for all the crap you had to put up with. Hope things are better now.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

We seem to be straying quite badly again.

Focus on the manga, people. If you want to get into a big meta discussion regarding bullying in different countries and appropriate responses, that's what our IRC and Discord are for.

Yukari Yakumo
Yukari%20sweet%20-%20copy
joined Nov 24, 2016

Now THAT is a happy ending

joined Mar 11, 2016

She went overboard but it is a sure fire way to end one's bullying. Gud job.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Some call it overboard, I call it decisive.

Fbphoto
joined Feb 26, 2018

Another vote for "they deserved it" from me. I was bullied all through elementary school. It only stopped in junior high when I broke one girl's nose, three of her ribs, and apparently nearly punctured a lung. Yes, girls are violent too...could be because I grew up in NYC though.

I got suspended, I got in massive trouble, I almost got expelled, but you know what I didn't get? That's right: more bullying. Bullies are cowards, some of them are sociopaths, and the only thing they understand is pain. My only regret is that I didn't do worse to her.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Azuma Hazuki posted:

My only regret is that I didn't do worse to her.

Probably a good thing you didn't seeing as you almost got expelled as it is. That'd only be a win for them.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Um!

9vumhg0
joined Jul 3, 2018

At least pages 22-23 didn't turn out like I though they would. Happy end overall.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Well then, that happened. The starting premise was interesting and promising, but I must admit the direction it went in, I'm not so happy with. Ah well.

To reply you must either login or sign up.