Forum › The Rain and the Other Side of You discussion

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

Am I the only one who actually likes this story

umm, no, of course you're not the only one, stop being so sarcastic lol
worry not, there are so many kinky ppl out there who love obnoxious story

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

and not some perv guy writing out some hentai fantasy.

Girls can't be perv? Isn't Mira a woman who does some of the best perverted hentai on this website ٩(♡ε♡)۶

If Mira isn't a woman, I know more private example and stuff.

Heck yeah girls can be pervs! For some reason, I find women's pery stories much more... lets go with acceptable. Besides an man writing about inappropriate relationships between girls, seems wrong to me, somehow.

I think Mira is actually a collection of authors working under a single banner. But don't quote my on that.

last edited at May 22, 2018 3:27PM

joined May 22, 2018

Hey there! So ahem~ this is my first post on this website, I just think this manga is so cute!!! I never felt so happy!!!
I'll be following it, if you can do that on this website, and uhm. Yeah, I just really like this one, thanks for translating :3

joined Sep 1, 2017

Am I the only one who actually likes this story

Well, probably not; I at least respond less negatively and am more interested in seeing what happens than some others evidently are.

But there's no doubt that this comes off as a more toxic version of Dear My Teacher with a much more disturbing undertone to the younger character's actions and the teacher's responses to them.

So where DMT started off with the MCs both seeming a bit damaged or emotionally incomplete and eventually coming to a pretty healthy place together, this one feels like sooner or later the plot is going to turn over some rocks with some very nasty things underneath them.

But I'm a person who focuses on the question "What are the elements any given story is deploying, and how are they going to work themselves out?" For readers for whom the main question is "Do I like/respect/relate to/want to spend more time with these characters?" there's arguably not much to like and a good deal to dislike.

I wouldn't use the words like or dislike, when dealing with this story, or it's characters. I would say I'm more intrigued by them. Your probably right. there will most likely be some pretty nasty psychological issues to deal with. But I feel, that by the end of it the MCs will heal and grow.
Honestly the only real problem I have with story is why the authors chose to make Madarame-san a middle school student. If she was a high school student I could safely root for the MCs to grow together, and eventually became a couple. As it is, I want to root for yuri, but my conscience wont let me.

joined Sep 1, 2017

So what if this story gets real, and delves into really dark places. I've read my share of lesbian stories. They are not all rainbows and kittens, and they don't all have happy endings. Some of them were so hard to take I threw the book across the room (or I would have, if I wasn't reading them on my tablet.). Those were the ones that made me think the most, and stuck with me the longest, though.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Honestly the only real problem I have with story is why the authors chose to make Madarame-san a middle school student. If she was a high school student I could safely root for the MCs to grow together, and eventually became a couple. As it is, I want to root for yuri, but my conscience wont let me.

Well, I feel you there. I tend to leave my conscience at the door when it comes to yuri manga, at least until I get feel for how things are going to work out, but Madarame is so obviously damaged at such a young age (and the teacher clearly has her own major issues) that I can’t foresee a convincing generic yuri “happy ending” without a very large time skip involving a great deal of therapy. At least.

That said, Momomo Moto is usually an interesting, although sometimes frustrating, creator, so I’m on board for the foreseeable future.

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

That said, Momomo Moto is usually an interesting, although sometimes frustrating, creator, so I’m on board for the foreseeable future.

Momono is doing only the drawing for this series tho.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Momono is doing only the drawing for this series tho.

Right, but I mean her taste level is such that whatever she's working on is usually worth looking at, if not always successful. Again, not always the best taste, but there's usually something going on in the work.

joined Feb 15, 2015

Had to think if the author was serious... 13 years old? I can't see a future for these two mains when the teacher is expected to wait 5 years to do anything intimate with the student, given the fact that they've been doing plenty already without being in a relationship with each other.

Fbphoto
joined Feb 26, 2018

There is no way this is going to end well. Madarame-san is...well, if this were real life, the only explanation for her behavior would be previous sexual abuse. Yuunagi Marbled went into some fairly dark territory, but this looks like it has the potential to be much, much worse, and this time, there's no Ena-equivalent...

SomethingOrOther
joined May 15, 2018

Girls can't be perv? Isn't Mira a woman who does some of the best perverted hentai on this website ٩(♡ε♡)۶

Heck yeah girls can be pervs! For some reason, I find women's pery stories much more... lets go with acceptable. Besides an man writing about inappropriate relationships between girls, seems wrong to me, somehow.

I think Mira is actually a collection of authors working under a single banner. But don't quote my on that.

Now you know how I feel when male characters are in yuri manga, and when one of the MC's had one or more boyfriends/male lovers/ male sexual partners. Same concept really.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

hahaha sorry that name lol...

really like the art, even if the middle schooler is confusing as all get out lol. i really hate people/characters that expect you to be a mind reader and get mad when you aren't

joined Mar 21, 2016

Had to think if the author was serious... 13 years old? I can't see a future for these two mains when the teacher is expected to wait 5 years to do anything intimate with the student, given the fact that they've been doing plenty already without being in a relationship with each other.

u have to wait for 5 years, seriously? how diligent of u pftt
let me tell u smthn, as long as u don't get caught, everythin's Legal~ u know

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Let's get it straight : this girl is a predator and is sexually assaulting her teacher.

joined Sep 1, 2017

Now you know how I feel when male characters are in yuri manga, and when one of the MC's had one or more boyfriends/male lovers/ male sexual partners. Same concept really.

Actually. I'm not sure what your getting at. Are you saying you don't like het in your yuri?

SomethingOrOther
joined May 15, 2018

Actually. I'm not sure what your getting at. Are you saying you don't like het in your yuri?

Basically. The bisexual tag is also a red flag for me

joined Mar 21, 2016

you should've read fluttering feelings by ssamba, bisexual theme ain't that bad u know

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

you should've read fluttering feelings by ssamba, bisexual theme ain't that bad u know

In my case it's not so much that bisexuality is bad (hell, I'm biromantic myself), but I don't trust manga authors to be any good at depicting it. As a rule they've got a history of being pretty terrible at it.

So bis are great, stories about bis tend to be pretty crap.

SomethingOrOther
joined May 15, 2018

Did that have bisexuality in it? I fail to remember. I mean, it might sound a bit shitty, but as long as the girl didn't have sex with a guy, I don't really mind. I read yuri for the girl x girl interaction and relationship, so a guy is a no go for me, even if only depicted by words and thoughts.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

In my case it's not so much that bisexuality is bad (hell, I'm biromantic myself), but I don't trust manga authors to be any good at depicting it. As a rule they've got a history of being pretty terrible at it.

Didn't you know? Male or female, we only exist to incite narrative drama by cheating on our partners.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Didn't you know? Male or female, we only exist to incite narrative drama by cheating on our partners.

And we always cheat with people of the opposite gender than our partners. Yuri manga have not been kind to bi people, lol.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

And we always cheat with people of the opposite gender than our partners. Yuri manga have not been kind to bi people, lol.

It's not just yuri manga. I read a webcomic where the exact same thing happened with a male couple.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

It's not just yuri manga. I read a webcomic where the exact same thing happened with a male couple.

There could be a small grain of truth in there, although not in the sense of bi people being somehow actually more horrible than straight or gay ones. I talked once (hence this is not really a representative sample) with a lesbian on this site whose girlfriend cheated on her with a guy, she did say the fact it was a guy made the whole experience harder to take. But that does not apply to all lesbians, I imagine, plus, even when it is relevant it is only applicable to situations where a bi person actually cheats, and cheats with a person of the opposite gender, at that. And the chances of bi people cheating are no different than those of gay or straight people.

There is also the fact most yuri fans look at any traces of het in their yuri as the work of Satan himself, and there is no way authors who work primarily or solely in this genre are unaware of that. If I had to guess, I would say the writers are probably using bi characters for cheap shock value, as in, to somehow make cheating even more horrible than it already is in the eyes of the audience. Yaoi genre could be doing it for the same cheap reasons. Mind you, this is just idle speculation on my part.

joined Sep 1, 2017

I find stories where heterosexuality rears it's ugly head hard to read too. But they are more satisfying, in the end, for me. I feel those girls are truly in love, and not just playing a love game, because there are no men in their lives.

joined Sep 1, 2017

There could be a small grain of truth in there, although not in the sense of bi people being somehow actually more horrible than straight or gay ones. I talked once (hence this is not really a representative sample) with a lesbian on this site whose girlfriend cheated on her with a guy, she did say the fact it was a guy made the whole experience harder to take. But that does not apply to all lesbians, I imagine, plus, even when it is relevant it is only applicable to situations where a bi person actually cheats, and cheats with a person of the opposite gender, at that. And the chances of bi people cheating are no different than those of gay or straight people.

There is also the fact most yuri fans look at any traces of het in their yuri as the work of Satan himself, and there is no way authors who work primarily or solely in this genre are unaware of that. If I had to guess, I would say the writers are probably using bi characters for cheap shock value, as in, to somehow make cheating even more horrible than it already is in the eyes of the audience. Yaoi genre could be doing it for the same cheap reasons. Mind you, this is just idle speculation on my part.

I find myself triggered when a cute little yuri girl throws away her purity, on a dirty stinking guy. Hell, I still fume when I think about Yukino and the guy from the cab, in the series Octive, and I read that story 5yrs ago. I think the authors know that's how their readers feal so they use cheating with a guy to really drive home the knife. In a way it lets the reader feel the betrayal as strongly as the character facing it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.