Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

I remember enjoying Sakurako-san, despite all the convenient ways she was handed the spotlight for her AmAzInG detective magical skills, but I don't recall any amazing animation out of it. But, out of all these shows, do any of them have particularly interesting animation except for Aldnoah (which was a collab with I.G Production anyway)? I have low expectations for the anime in that regard.

Character design will be handed to Hiroaki, who made the designs for Amagami SS, that I feel could pass seemingly well since we're unfortunately not getting Nakatani Nio's full blown style on this.

last edited at Apr 26, 2018 9:13AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Re:Creators have a really good animation, but it's an action show. YagaKimi needs even less than that. What we need is an atmosphere that fits, and I think Sakurako did that good. Problem with Sakurako was the script not being any special.

Troyca is not a big studio and they contract a lot of freelancer, though, but that's not the point. They clearly are worried about quality given their other projects and I doubt they would approve something bad unless it's an extreme situation.

Fact is that they have only three shows made by them, but all three have some competent animation even though the studio is small. And YagaKimi won't be a hard series to do, since it's pretty slow.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Despite being slow, the atmosphere is extremely important, like you said. I doubt it will ever do justice to the manga, but I hope they don't back down on what makes it special and at least try their best to convey that charm into the anime.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Haven't seen anything from TROYCA, so I can't comment on potential production quality. Not exactly fond of the key visual right now, but I'll wait for the PV to come out to see for sure though. They'll probably release it soon seeing that the anime is already in production.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

As long as we don't get an original ending I'm fine :)

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOW THIS IS THE RIGHT KIND OF YURI TO BE ANIMATED

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

the problem with yuri anime adaptations, is that they don't sell well, and they never get a continuation and are vulnerable to get an anime-original endings. i hope this adaptation sells well and gets popular enough to have a two cour or at least a second season.

26994326_2078073929078257_7549295234998882413_n
joined Jan 28, 2018

I want to see Touko moving & want to hear her voice now (♥ω♥*) October month come already(>﹏<)

last edited at Apr 26, 2018 4:03PM

Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

the problem with yuri anime adaptations, is that they don't sell well, and they never get a continuation and are vulnerable to get an anime-original endings. i hope this adaptation sells well and gets popular enough to have a two cour or at least a second season.

The manga has sold more than 500000 copies and has placed high in many rankings and polls. It was one of the most requested anime adaptations from a recent poll in Japan. The manga is really popular in Japan and I think the anime will be just as popular. It's just that if the adaption fails, the sales will definitely drop on the anime.

joined Jan 7, 2018

I don't think manga sales are an indication for the success of the anime adaptation. Citrus manga sales exceeded one million copies i think and appeared in New York Times best seller manga list five times in 2015 not mention it's huge popularity. yet the anime adaptation didn't sell that much, it didn't sell bad but it was low compared to other anime (check this). and as for popularity it didn't get that much in fact, it did receive a lot of criticism unlike the original work did. well it is to be expected when you expose the work to a wider audience. (you can check the scores and reviews on anime sites)

"It's just that if the adaption fails, the sales will definitely drop on the anime". yes ur right. many anime adaptations are made just to advertise the original work. cuz japanese people unlike us tend to read manga rather than watch anime so even if the adaptation fails people will resort to the original work to see if it is better. and it's hard to find an adaptation that is more popular than the original work. even the source fans sometimes score the adaptation pretty low if it didn't meet their expectations.

Full-on yuri Anime just never sell good or get popular due to many reasons it is sad but it is a fact. that's why anime makers tend to avoid yuri works. and i'm just glad that recently more yuri manga are getting noticed. and i hope other great yuri manga get the same attention so more people will find out how much great the yuri genre is.

P.S.after thinking about it i think this manga chapters are kind of not enough for a second season, unless they slow paced the anime. i could be wrong though. well anyway i'm not that greedy all what i want is a decent adaptation that does the manga justice and hopefully give rise to more yuri anime.

last edited at Apr 26, 2018 6:52PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

full achede

and the raws of the episode are out too but I won't talk about it

last edited at Apr 26, 2018 6:01PM

joined Jan 7, 2018

and the raws of the episode are out too but I won't talk about it

What episode you mean?

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

He means chapter 31, in which the end has made my heart sink

joined Nov 5, 2017

I don't think manga sales are an indication for the success of the anime adaptation. Citrus manga sales exceeded one million copies i think and appeared in New York Times best seller manga list five times in 2015 not mention it's huge popularity. yet the anime adaptation didn't sell that much, it didn't sell bad but it was low compared to other anime (check this). and as for popularity it didn't get that much in fact, it did receive a lot of criticism unlike the original work did. well it is to be expected when you expose the work to a wider audience. (you can check the scores and reviews on anime sites)

"It's just that if the adaption fails, the sales will definitely drop on the anime". yes ur right. many anime adaptations are made just to advertise the original work. cuz japanese people unlike us tend to read manga rather than watch anime so even if the adaptation fails people will resort to the original work to see if it is better. and it's hard to find an adaptation that is more popular than the original work. even the source fans sometimes score the adaptation pretty low if it didn't meet their expectations.

Full-on yuri Anime just never sell good or get popular due to many reasons it is sad but it is a fact. that's why anime makers tend to avoid yuri works. and i'm just glad that recently more yuri manga are getting noticed. and i hope other great yuri manga get the same attention so more people will find out how much great the yuri genre is.

P.S.after thinking about it i think this manga chapters are kind of not enough for a second season, unless they slow paced the anime. i could be wrong though. well anyway i'm not that greedy all what i want is a decent adaptation that does the manga justice and hopefully give rise to more yuri anime.

Citrus 1 million "sales" was actually the number of circulation. Not the same thing. And it was worldwide, so it's not a huge number. Plus Citrus is more popular overseas than in Japan. The New York times is a list about the most most sold manga in the West. Yagakimi is the opposite and sells more than Citrus in their native country. I don't expect it to be a big hit (romance doesn't sell either yuri or het) but I'm sure it will sell more than Citrus (consider the magazine where it's published) and at the very least the manga will get a boost.

last edited at Apr 26, 2018 7:06PM

joined Jan 7, 2018

actually it is hard to argue this matter since there is no official records, and we don't live in japan so we can't be sure.
edit: plus even if it was one million sales worldwide. the profits and sales still exceeds yagate ones.
edit2: and yes i know that sales in native country is not the same out of it, but still i think citrus did sell great in japan like yagate did.

last edited at Apr 26, 2018 7:19PM

joined Nov 5, 2017

actually it is hard to argue this matter since there is no official records, and we don't live in japan so we can't be sure.
edit: plus even if it was one million sales worldwide. the profits and sales still exceeds yagate ones.

Yagakimi has 4 volumes less than Citrus. Of course there's gonna be a difference. Even then Citrus has never ranked on Oricon so it does not sell more in Japan. Worldwide? Who knows, Yuri Hime gave Citrus' worldwide number, Dengeki gave Yagate number in Japan (500k as of volume 5). No worldwide number known so far. Regarding profit, I guess Citrus made a deal after the mild streaming success, but the BD sales were a flop and there wasn't much merch.

last edited at Apr 26, 2018 7:22PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

There's one thing bothering me about that topic. They say as if the studio was afraid of losing money, but the studio most likely didn't lose any money at all. That's just not how the committee system works. If they did invest, it was little, because most of the money comes from the committee, with companies like Crunchyroll, BiliBili and Ichijinsha. And those three are probably pretty happy with the anime, because it was a success of streaming and it helped the magazine. Don't remember who else was in the committee, though.
Does that means that a second season will happens? Not really. Could happen, but we never know. But it was a successful project for the companies involved regardless.

Unless the studio actually put money on it to compensate a weak committee, but I doubt it, since the animation wasn't anything spetacular.

joined Jan 7, 2018

There's one thing bothering me about that topic. They say as if the studio was afraid of losing money, but the studio most likely didn't lose any money at all. That's just not how the committee system works. If they did invest, it was little, because most of the money comes from the committee, with companies like Crunchyroll, BiliBili and Ichijinsha. And those three are probably pretty happy with the anime, because it was a success of streaming and it helped the magazine. Don't remember who else was in the committee, though.
Does that means that a second season will happens? Not really. Could happen, but we never know. But it was a successful project for the companies involved regardless.

But why the studio is not afraid of losing money ? i know that they do receive budget and money from producers. but do they really not care about BD sales at all ? in that sense it means studios can never lose money and always profiting even if the sales were horrible. but then why studios like Mangalobe and Artland went bankrupt with really huge debts? ($2.62 million Artland's debt and 350 million yen Mangalobe's debt) is it the producers fault ?

Unless the studio actually put money on it to compensate a weak committee, but I doubt it, since the animation wasn't anything spetacular.

What did you mean here ? sorry but i really don't know much about those stuff and i'd be glad if you explained more.

Edit: one more question: Why there are some anime that sells horribly, but still manage to get a second season ? what's the explanation for this? it's like why make another season if they didn't profit from the first one, are there money resources other than Blue rays or broadcasting ?

last edited at Apr 26, 2018 11:53PM

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

While we're all here complaining about how yuri anime always fail, I'll just mention that Marimite was adapted into 3 full length series and 5 50 minute OVAs. So clearly there is no hope for yuri anime!

To the extent there is an issue, it's that making a long running anime is always dicey. Getting a single season is not hard, but romance anime as a whole - including straight stuff - rarely gets long runs. Maybe a 26 episode run, maybe a bit more. Kimi ni Todoke got 38 episodes, and that was HUGE by romance standards. Nothing like the hundred+ episodes that shonen battle series get.

I think the last fairly long running yuri anime was probably YuruYuri, which got 3 seasons and some specials. That said, I'm not unhappy with what we get, rather I think the mediums are different and call for different stories ultimately. If you made a yuri series that fit in 13 or even 26 episodes you could anime the whole thing. Citrus is not that, and neither is Yagate Kimi ni Naru.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

But why the studio is not afraid of losing money ? i know that they do receive budget and money from producers. but do they really not care about BD sales at all ? in that sense it means studios can never lose money and always profiting even if the sales were horrible. but then why studios like Mangalobe and Artland went bankrupt with really huge debts? ($2.62 million Artland's debt and 350 million yen Mangalobe's debt) is it the producers fault ?

It's not that they're not afraid of losing money, but they have no money to lose. Of course, they're losing time, and time is money, but they do keep the BD profits to them. So, of course, they care about BD sales, but it's not a critical thing. That's why a lot of studios can't break out of 1k and are still alive and well. Also, studios do not work only on their series. They do a lot of outsourcing, too, so they have other ways to make money.
Thing is, even if sales are low, the studio was contracted to work on that. They did it as they should, so their work is done. They usually don't invest money of their own, or at least not that much money, so the loss isn't that big.
I don't know about Manglobe, but some studios do invest a lot in their projects, like KyoAni, Toei and Bandai Namco. But these are big companies, and they usually own the title.

What did you mean here ? sorry but i really don't know much about those stuff and i'd be glad if you explained more.
Edit: one more question: Why there are some anime that sells horribly, but still manage to get a second season ? what's the explanation for this? it's like why make another season if they didn't profit from the first one, are there money resources other than Blue rays or broadcasting ?

Two example: Flip Flappers and Marchen Madchen.
In Flip Flappers case, 3hz said they did lose money because the committee money wasn't enough. So they put the studio's own money to compensate. That happens because probably no one believed the project that much to invest, and the studio wanted to deliver a good product. I would say that was a smart idea. Now they have PriPri that had Bamco behind and GGO, that it's a big project. Had FliFla quality failed, they probably wouldn't get projects like these.
Marchen Madchen was the opposite. The staff knew they wouldn't be able to do it right. They tried to warn the CEO, but he didn't want to spend more money, so it became a mess, probably hurting the studio's reputation.

The reason why animes that sell bad still get a second season is that someone on the committee is making money with it. Crunchyroll and BilliBilli were on Citrus's committee, for example. Streaming for the series was good, so if Ichijinsha ever wants to make another season (they probably won't), they probably will have those two investments again.
Then we have things like Wixoss. Wixoss keep getting animes even though the BDs don't sell because the card game is their source of money, and the anime keep it relevant. Also, Takara Tomy have a lot of money.

Really, BD are just a good indication because BD is so expensive that if something is selling a lot of BDs, it's probably selling every other merch, too.

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 1:06AM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Holy shit, I'm really excited that they're going to actually make a anime out of this! It really made my birthday just hearing about it.
I hope it's going to be good, I'll definitely try and keep up with all of it.

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

He means chapter 31, in which the end has made my heart sink

Am I sensing, Unnecessary drama (TM)?

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Unnecessary to whom? It was to be expected the whole time.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Unnecessary to whom? It was to be expected the whole time.

For me, "unnecessary" only to my romance-story reptile brain, which wants Touko x Yuu lovey-dovey idylls in the equipment shed (if not indeed a road trip to a hot springs) like, yesterday.

Otherwise, the consequences and aftermath of the play are what the entire story has been leading up to. I certainly don't want long stretches of angst leading to an unhappy (lizard brain shouts, "Or even bittersweet!") ending, but I'd also be disappointed with an after-school-special, "I think we've all learned an important lesson about being ourselves today," cop-out ending.

The issues have been treated seriously so far in this one, and I'd expect a little heartbreak as they work themselves out as well.

(PS: Lizard brain still votes for "Jeepers, Yuu--you've been right all along, and now I've changed, thanks to you. Come kiss me!")

joined Nov 5, 2017

I did not think it was very dramatic, just sad. Yuu just realised that what made her special to Touko is gone, and she wanted to remain special. She is sad about that but so far I don't see Yuu giving up on their relationship or anything. I think she may be thinking that Touko doesn't need her anymore since she has her family and friends to rely on too. This may cause her to think that Touko doesn't want to keep their relationship or doesn't love her any longer. Of course, Yuu is wrong, and all the hints point that Touko will tell her that she still wants to be with her. And Yuu is still special after all, just not for the same reasons as before. I mean, the love towards your family and friends is different than the one you feel for your lover. I think this little "misunderstanding" will be resolved at the end of the volume, after Touko talks with her family and friends.

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 9:04AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.