Forum › Citrus discussion

joined Feb 21, 2018

I'm just laughing at people who are reenacting the old joke, "This free food is terrible--and such small portions!"

Except the food isnt free. People paid for this or planned on paying for this in the future.

last edited at Apr 18, 2018 4:49PM

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

Did anyone else get redirected to this page ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAYyPELvyqI ) after reading chapter 37?

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Hmm...a short chapter, well I am not upset or anything, I wonder when will this all end.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Did anyone else get redirected to this page ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAYyPELvyqI ) after reading chapter 37?

I actually got sent here instead.

joined Jul 7, 2016

They could have given Sakura Trick a second anime season. They could have adapted Girl Friends or gone a little more cute with Hana and Hina. Instead, they chose this :-( At least in the last few chapters, I didn't have to worry about telling apart a bunch of identical characters. But who are Sara and Nina?

last edited at Apr 18, 2018 5:26PM

joined Dec 13, 2013

9 volumes in and their relationship are at zero again. What a rollercoaster. I’m pretty sure Saburouta is being obligated to extend the story bc its giving money so they don’t want it to end (?). Seriously Yuzu, just give up on Mei and move on. Find another lover. She honestly doesn’t deserve you. Let her make her grandpa proud and blah, blah with that bullshit. That girl will never be fight any obstacle for you.

If this manga end in yuri, I bet its gonna be Mei’s fiancé that will say something like “i know u dont love me or like this situation so go!!! find ur true love!!” everyone is gonna gasp. her grandfather will die. obama will be there. but Mei will say no and continue the ceremony for obviously drama.

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

uhh so short

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

And you have right @Magnetic. This is how Citrus will probably end.

joined Jan 11, 2018

9 volumes in and their relationship are at zero again. What a rollercoaster. I’m pretty sure Saburouta is being obligated to extend the story bc its giving money so they don’t want it to end (?). Seriously Yuzu, just give up on Mei and move on. Find another lover. She honestly doesn’t deserve you. Let her make her grandpa proud and blah, blah with that bullshit. That girl will never be fight any obstacle for you.

If this manga end in yuri, I bet its gonna be Mei’s fiancé that will say something like “i know u dont love me or like this situation so go!!! find ur true love!!” everyone is gonna gasp. her grandfather will die. obama will be there. but Mei will say no and continue the ceremony for obviously drama.

Let's not forget take the responsibility that's supposed to be her fathers so he can live his dream and shit all over his daughter's at the same time!

F6027a7c125b156932db27aa264cfb2a
joined Jul 3, 2015

I face palm every single time a new chapter comes out...

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

CHP 37 NOW HERE! :D
The wait for these chapters always feels so long.. ;u;
However it sucks waiting for a chapter that isnt that long,
But Sabu and her work is best so I cant complain lol

last edited at Apr 18, 2018 5:47PM

joined Jul 7, 2016

Seriously Yuzu, just give up on Mei and move on. Find another lover. She honestly doesn’t deserve you.

That's been my thought since the beginning. I had hopes of Mei eventually being lightened up by being around Yuzu, but instead, Mei's only dragged Yuzu down. Plus there's no good reason for Yuzu to fixate on Mei so much, especially when there are many better people in her life. At this point, it just feels contrived.

joined Dec 13, 2013

Let's not forget take the responsibility that's supposed to be her fathers so he can live his dream and shit all over his daughter's at the same time!

oh god don’t start me abt this guy.... he’s honestly the worst. if you dont want to do it, at least free your fucking own daughter of this stupid duty....

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I'm actually happy we'll get to see the twins again. At this point, I'm kind of uninterested in whatever happens to Mei.

last edited at Apr 18, 2018 6:13PM

joined Jan 18, 2016

Seriously Yuzu, just give up on Mei and move on. Find another lover. She honestly doesn’t deserve you.

That's been my thought since the beginning. I had hopes of Mei eventually being lightened up by being around Yuzu, but instead, Mei's only dragged Yuzu down. Plus there's no good reason for Yuzu to fixate on Mei so much, especially when there are many better people in her life. At this point, it just feels contrived.

The whole 'Sara and Mei' thing especially, where Mei accepts being in a relationship with Sara (when Mei was clearly not inlove with Sara in the first place). I get drama is to strengthen their relationship, but it was at that chapter it got me noticing something..

To me Mei is not taking Yuzu as seriously as Yuzu is. (Matsuri practically explained it for me here: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_ch33#13)
It feels as though in some chapters Mei is just toying with Yuzu's emotions (and mine too man, chap 36 tho)
I understand Mei now realises how much she really loves Yuzu (after she broke down in that wedding gown photoshoot), but she rarely shows it to Yuzu, and instead is incredibly cold towards her.

Im sorry, but to me it doesnt matter how much you love a person. It really feels a lot like emotional abuse.

joined Jul 7, 2016

if you dont want to do it, at least free your fucking own daughter of this stupid duty....

I was under the impression that he didn't care whether she did it or not, but it's been a while since I read that part

joined Feb 21, 2018

oh god don’t start me abt this guy.... he’s honestly the worst. if you dont want to do it, at least free your fucking own daughter of this stupid duty....

How is he suppose to free her from her own self imposed prison? She is the one who decided to take care of the school while he was gone and then chose to take his place after he said he was never coming back to that life. This is exactly why Mei is the absolute worst, no one is forcing this on her. She is volunteering to cause Yuzu as much suffering as possible. Its a shame that the two will end up together in the end instead of Yuzu doing the logical thing and move on to find someone else.

joined Jul 7, 2016

The whole 'Sara and Mei' thing especially, where Mei accepts being in a relationship with Sara (when Mei was clearly not inlove with Sara in the first place). I get drama is to strengthen their relationship, but it was at that chapter it got me noticing something..

Who's Sara and when was Mei in a relationship with her? I am so lost.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

To be fair Citrus is truly educational, it's basically the story of What Not To Do With Your Love Life for all the young disaster lesbians out there.

joined Jan 18, 2016

Who's Sara and when was Mei in a relationship with her? I am so lost.

Spoiler:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_ch14#35
Sara Tachibana is the short older sister of Nina (white haired girls)

joined Jul 7, 2016

Over half the girls have white hair (including Yuzu) and are all identical.

I looked at the link. Thanks for the reminder. Since it was only like 2 chapters many years ago and seemingly before Yuzu told Mei anything, it seems rather unimportant now. Frankly, reading over it, it feels more like Mei wasn't sure of Yuzu's feelings and was trying to get over her own for Yuzu by dating someone else. I guess it's on everyone's mind now though 'cause that seems to have been recently in the anime (from what people are saying).

last edited at Apr 18, 2018 6:27PM

joined Jan 18, 2016

Ah sorry forgot that lol (used to manga and doujins now lol)
I believe they are light blue haired in the anime (give it a quick search and you'll find Sara Tachibana)
They are from another school and Sara met Mei during a school trip, where both of their schools got together

joined Jun 30, 2016

Yuzu really needs to move on, that shit of a coward its not worthy at all, no one force her to do this, she choose this by her own with the stupid excuse that "its for the best for Yuzu"she just took the easy way out by throwing all that support, friendship and love to the trash, we all know that somehow she will get together at the end with Yuzu but damn! she havent done nothing for her, nothing at all to be worthy of her love and heart, suffering and pain, thats the only thing this stupid chick is good at.

joined Jan 18, 2016

I looked at the link. Thanks for the reminder. Since it was only like 2 chapters many years ago and seemingly before Yuzu told Mei anything, it seems rather unimportant now. Frankly, reading over it, it feels more like Mei wasn't sure of Yuzu's feelings and was trying to get over her own for Yuzu by dating someone else. I guess it's on everyone's mind now though 'cause that seems to have been recently in the anime (from what people are saying).

Tbh I dont fucking know anymore and Ive been an avid fan of Citrus since 2014.
Mei is like the weather in England. Cant make its own damn mind up.
Kiss Yuzu? Be cold towards her? Touch her? Assault her? Love her? Leave her?

Dear god. I feel so bad for Yuzu.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Looking through the comments every time a new chapter is out just makes me wonder why people bother to follow the series if they will always complain about the series not having the development they have on their heads. I mean, I have no idea what is Saburota thinking and she has thrown so many curve balls that I think is pointless to try and guess where will the story go. Like, did anyone seriously expected for Nina and Sarah to show up again?

Anyways, the chapter itself while short was far from being pointless, and personally I appreciated the insight it provided of Matsuri and Harumin's current standing regarding Yuzu's situation and furthermore, the way it actually develops their own relationship by showing the way they compliment each other.

Now I've seen people say that Harumin doesn't give a fuck about Yuzu or that she's so dense to no realize Yuzu's in pain but honestly I don't know how is possible to get to that conclusion after reading this chapter. The only explanation I can see is again, the fact that people expect the series to follow their own ideas instead of Sabu's. Harumin obviously realizes Yuzu is in a bad spot now but she deciding to not get involved unless Yuzu opens to them is a perfectly understandable course of action and one that is completely in line with Harumin's character.

Anyways, all in all it was an enjoyable chapter and is certainly makes me look forward to the next one.

To reply you must either login or sign up.