Forum › Yukari vs Ran discussion

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

1st chapter was really good but i really cant even tell this is touhou it might as well not be a doujin

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

1st chapter was really good but i really cant even tell this is touhou it might as well not be a doujin

It's pretty obvious in it's Touhou'ness.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

It's pretty obvious in it's Touhou'ness.

it was really just the 1st chapter, just finished now and everything after was very touhou, also this is now my headcanon prequel for the games

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Ok upon re-reading the last few chapters, this is freaking amazing and is still my prequel headcanon

joined Nov 11, 2010

Hnnngh. Yukari was adorable in this, wow. Also I love how you know Tohonifun's stuff will always have a bit of meat to it; even if it wasn't quite canon, the way he interwove stuff like Kaguya, the moon, Yuuka, Layla Prismriver, the vampires entering Gensokyo etc. was freakin' great. Really good read.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

This is just full of awesomeness and badassery! Other than that, this guy's Yukari and other casts are so moe that I'd need 10 bags of blood.

GJ~

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think I'm reading this right, in that Ran's sheer horror during the break in the last battle is because she realizes Yukari's become so unbelievably potent that she's able to tie those ribbons around a break in reality as if it were an object unto itself, something utterly inconceivable but now she can do it casually. Which would be consistent with the other references to her gaps, where they start out very rough and become more and more refined as she continues to learn and grow. It's interesting to see a progression like that through the story, especially with the big emotional payoff at the end.

I do think Remi was overreacting a wee bit at Flan's saying she really didn't need all that pride crap to have a happy life. That, and Meiling was awesome.

Images
joined May 1, 2014

im ashamed to admit this but i coudnt figure out who was talking, lol damn speech bubbles. I always have a hard time reading animes speech bubbles shame that is... Well i got first chapter kinda, then second chapter was big load of. Im fucking lost. I almost felt like i may have done some illegal substances which im sure id have known if i had. rating 2.5/5 beers and dont realy recommend it as i was lost and abandoned it on chapter 2.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

That, and Meiling was awesome.

She is. Remilia gave one solid punch and she just smiled and laughed it off. Kind of.

Download
joined Apr 23, 2013

Finding gems like this is always amazing.

0d9c1f8da5c68f44be466e7fdf34f353
joined Jan 13, 2015

So if the fight of Remilia and Ran were to go on for just another minute Ran would have died, Remilia considers it a loss despite the fact that she won.
But whats way more badass is the fact that she clearly won against Yukari, Yuuka, Yuyuko and the Prismrivers all at once but considers it a loss to because she didn´t kill them. I mean What if Flan wouldn´t have intertwined? Flan clearly saved all of their lives and there is not even a ohh hey thank you little girl for stopping your sister from killing us.
Also I love Badass Meiling bribing Flan in living together was such a sly move.

All in all a really great work displaying a very interesting origin story of Yukari and Ran I really like to reread this again and again. Also because of how badass Remilia is in this one (not considering this AHHHH my sister has gone mad thing because this was really kind of just not fitting, of course still better than her killing everyone because hey the whole story wouldn´t work out like this when both MCs die)

last edited at Jan 23, 2016 5:17PM

joined Oct 2, 2014

Did yukari killed cthulhu ?

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

You've been here for two years and that's your first post!? It was epic.

Yes, Yukari slaughtered the fuck out of that elder god.

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

Well, this was one hell of a ride! This one right here really just encapsulates a great character growth story. From the way that their story started to the various points that have shaped Yukari to the person that she would be in the finale, everything is seriously on point with this series.

Honestly an epilogue chapter that helps to tie to the current Yukari and Ran that is known in the Touhou Franchise would be all there is left for the author to make this the official headcanon of the Franchise itself. (Well it indeed already is my official headcanon already.)

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Most interesting,and it's worded in such a way to suggest that Gensokyo was found,not created.

Now begs the question of when did Ran become a Shikigami?...

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

This is still such a classic!

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

So, a highly flustered Yukari and a Flan that's the voice of reason and restraint? Truly this doujin was amazing in many ways.

Also, the art and story were top notch.

C57e189a-cb0f-4ff4-aab4-f866ca57737a
joined Nov 19, 2022

I think I'm reading this right, in that Ran's sheer horror during the break in the last battle is because she realizes Yukari's become so unbelievably potent that she's able to tie those ribbons around a break in reality as if it were an object unto itself, something utterly inconceivable but now she can do it casually. Which would be consistent with the other references to her gaps, where they start out very rough and become more and more refined as she continues to learn and grow. It's interesting to see a progression like that through the story, especially with the big emotional payoff at the end.

I do think Remi was overreacting a wee bit at Flan's saying she really didn't need all that pride crap to have a happy life. That, and Meiling was awesome.

I think it's also because she realised that on top of Yukari being the monster of monsters, she's also Laplace's demon, and has mathematically calculated all of Ran's moves.

To reply you must either login or sign up.