Forum › Citrus discussion

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

But the thing is, Harumin went silent and didn't have a counter argument when Matsuri said that and she immediately walk off to avoid the issue which only proves what Matsuri said before, that Harumin always run away from conflict to avoid getting hurt. and if you re-read the part where Matsuri teased Nene that Harumin is her girlfriend and told her that Harumin only thinks of Yuzu as a friend. she had this little text that says "As if" I don't know if she's talking about Harumin ever becoming her girlfriend or the "As if" means, As if it isn't obvious that Harumin has feelings for Yuzu. I mean, why should Harumin avoid what Matsuri said if she only think of Yuzu as her friend and nothing more. Besides,every time Matsuri opens her mouth it's always about romantic or sexual relationship and never about friendship. The way she implied it means they both like the same person (romantically). she could have worded it differently. I honestly think Matsuri would have pursued a romantic relationship with Yuzu, if it weren't for Mei.

Gosh, this manga is so annoying because the dialogues are vague enough that they can be interpreted in whatever way you want LOL I actually read this entire part as something like, Harumin hinting that she is not interested in Yuzu that way, because she would be open to Matsuri herself. The fact that Matsuri starts flirting with her right after and from then on cemented that idea in my mind. Oh well, who knows. The "As if" I understood as, "as if Harumin would prefer Yuzu over me", like classic Matsuri being full of herself just as she used to think she was the obvious choice over Mei :P

But hey that might be my bias because I ship Matsuri x Harumin so hard :P Yet Harumin could definitely be "final boss" if the series extends to 12 volumes, and because she is so nice, Yuzu could be happier with her in the long run. The only bad part about that would be fans not ever wanting to see a broken-hearted Harumin in case Yuzu ultimately left her to go back to Mei. I seriously think lots of people would flip out and stop reading the series, Harumin is too loved lol So it would be a very risky move from the author.

Why will it be a risky move? I actually think a lot of manga and anime fans of Citrus wants to see Mei x Yuzu x Harumin. Harumin is like the only character in the manga who can compete against Mei for Yuzu's affection. We know Harumin is not dense as she wants to appear, it has been implied before that she knows Mei and Yuzu's relationship and maybe that's why she said she has no romantic interest for Yuzu. Matsuri did said that Harumin is a suspicious person.

I think people would be super sad if Harumin ends up broken hearted, she is the only character who doesn't deserve it. Also it would be cool (and original) to have a true friendship between her and Yuzu, rather than something influenced by romance.

Mei begs Yuzu for more kisses because she can't contain her feelings for Yuzu anymore. She's completely acting the same way as Yuzu. Mei even starts liking the same thing Yuzu likes. Remember she ate spicy curry because Yuzu like it, even though she can't tolerate spicy food, she cuddle Yuzu and pretended that she's imagining her to be Kumagouru. Yuzu can probably do better but she's in love with Mei and Mei definitely need someone like Yuzu who has lots and lots of love to give for a person like her. Hopefully, she can reciprocate it more openly in the upcoming volumes.

I actually never realized she was only pretending it was Kumagoro. Again, vague storytelling...Anyway as long as she reciprocates openly I am fine with MeixYuzu as endgame.

last edited at Mar 4, 2018 5:09PM

joined Dec 13, 2015

As much as I want Mei to be the one to come clean and fix things, Yuzu has to confront her first and prompt her to let out her real feelings. Yuzu is the only one who can break Mei's "resolve" whatever that means... To take responsibility for her grandfather's school since she is capable of it, and has anyone ever thought that maybe she does give an actual damn about taking over it instead of letting it crumble down. I think she'd feel sad about it closing down or letting someone else take over. She wants to be proud of accomplishing what her father couldn't. If she's doing it out of her own will like she indeed states, that's something utterly different than her acting out of "noble idiocy."

Noble idiocy and doing it out of her own will aren't mutually exclusive tho. She could genuinely want the school to be hers and be a noble idiot who thinks letting Yuzu go is her best shot at the school.

I really REALLY don't want Yuzu to be the one who triggers Mei's true feelings tbh. Yuzu has done enough. Almost every major step forward in their relationship (that i can recall offhand anyway) has been Yuzu's initiative AND now that Yuzu's heartbroken AF cos of Mei seeing her run after Mei again would make me pretty frustrated. Mei needs to grovel and make up for this, she should be the one chasing Yuzu for once.

Plus, with the time skip we've we've established Yuzu has resigned herself to the breakup. If she were gonna chase Mei it would've been right after the letter, makes no sense to have it after the timeskip. I think it's more likely that either (1) as we get closer to the wedding Mei realizes she's miserable and decides to fix things or (2) Yuzu/Mei's friends see how miserable Yuzu still is over this and go and talk to Mei/the fiance sees how miserable Mei is and talks to her about going for the future they each want for themselves, which pushes her to be braver and stand up to gramps.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

It would be amazing if the final arc of this series was Mei figuring out what was really important to her and fighting to fix her mistakes.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Mei's character development is subtle? LOL They're probably not reading the manga. If they can remember, Mei is the type of person who has problems expressing her feelings. She helped Yuzu in her own way. she help Yuzu in her academics, cover for her when she violates the school rules, comfort Yuzu and reassure her that there's nothing wrong about their relationship, no matter what the society might think about them, She even risk her position as the Student Council President just not to get Yuzu expelled and we all know how important the academy is to Mei.

All in all, Mei is a good person, she's not that really good at expressing herself and she did struggle to trust the people closest to her because of her family and bastard fiance. that's why she was cold AF to Yuzu when Yuzu tries her hardest to get close to her because she probably thinks that Yuzu only has ulterior motives but she started to change when she realized that Yuzu truly cares for her.

I completely agree with your views on Mei. I did say she was a kuudere which means she has a difficulty expressing her feelings. I think Mei's development is relatively subtle, compared to the other characters. And yeah, people who ignore it haven't been reading the manga properly. The whole point of my ramble was to show that Mei isn't abusive. So I think we are on the same page.

The Tachibana sisters from the school trip? Sara and Nina? The arc when Yuzu confess her love for Mei.

I know who the Tachibana sisters are duh. I was asking which one of them did you find ridiculous.

Why will it be a risky move? I actually think a lot of manga and anime fans of Citrus wants to see Mei x Yuzu x Harumin.

No... Stop it.

Yes...please stop it.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Hey so is the anthology canon? If it's canon then based on the chapters released yesterday it's now established that Matsuri likes Harumin and that she doesn't know whether Harumin likes her back, likes Yuzu or just doesn't like anyone yet. Harumin is impossible to read.

joined Feb 21, 2018

If you have to comb through the manga with a magnifying glass to see the character development then there isn't much to actually find.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

If you have to comb through the manga with a magnifying glass to see the character development then there isn't much to actually find.

Good thing you don't have to do that here unless you're paying literally zero attention.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I tried to stay away from this comment section for a while....

I'm kinda glad to see it's still as toxic as Chernobyl's contingency site...

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Now that the drama is back, I can forget about the original manga and focus on the Matsuri x Harumin in the anthology, FeelsGoodMan.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Yeah that's what happens when a character's schizophrenic behaviour turns the MC and readers into blue-balled neurotics xD Only solution at this point is aggressive Yuzutop or Mei being run over by a truck before the wedding.

Mog2
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah that's what happens when a character's schizophrenic behaviour turns the MC and readers into blue-balled neurotics xD Only solution at this point is aggressive Yuzutop or Mei being run over by a truck before the wedding.

Funny for you to say that. On Chinese forum, readers already made a special thread about nuking the wedding car with the manager and Mei on board. Or other way to nuke Mei... let's wait smoothly the resolution, good vibes will happen after all the drama, that the author's style.

last edited at Mar 5, 2018 1:16PM

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

Chill guys. Its just a manga, about some lesbians.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Chill guys. Its just a manga, about some lesbians.

So are you saying there’s something more important than that?

I’ll believe it when I see it. . .

dropped the anime, too boring.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

And then, let me guess:

Matsuri wins?

joined Feb 18, 2018

She already won by letting the YuzuMei trainwreck follow its course and going for Harumin instead :P Yuzu scarred for life now, only therapy will help lol

joined Apr 17, 2016

I finally had some time to read the lastest chapter. My </3 is broken in two. Please please please let there be a happy ending for these two. Plus is everyone keeping up with the anime? Are they going to have a season 2? I really want to know.

joined Feb 21, 2018

Good thing you don't have to do that here unless you're paying literally zero attention.

But we have a couple of people defending it stating that you have to look hard to see the progress while several others are saying there has been none and I have to agree. Maybe you have to actually be paying attention to notice that nothing has changed. Mei starts out the story putting her family's happiness before her own and we are currently still there 35 chapters later. Mei really hasn't changed, she is making the same decisions with the same justifications and it's disappointing. How can you say there has been progress when we are right back to the same exact issue from the first volume?

last edited at Mar 7, 2018 9:33AM

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

Plus is everyone keeping up with the anime? Are they going to have a season 2? I really want to know.

Perhaps no.

joined Feb 18, 2018

But we have a couple of people defending it stating that you have to look hard to see the progress while several others are saying there has been none and I have to agree. Maybe you have to actually be paying attention to notice that nothing has changed. Mei starts out the story putting her family's happiness before her own and we are currently still there 35 chapters later. Mei really hasn't changed, she is making the same decisions with the same justifications and it's disappointing. How can you say there has been progress when we are right back to the same exact issue from the first volume?

This. Mei is crazy for Yuzu no doubt and has her reasons but I am yet to see any meaningful change in her personality other than (reluctantly) warming up to the person she is crazy about. Which I personally don't see as great development; if she kept being cold even after they start dating it would be too unrealistic. As far as I know she still doesn't care about anyone around her other than Yuzu either. She is like that girlfriend that one of your friends brings in to hang out with the gang, and you see all these red flags in her and want to tell your friend to run for the hills. But you can't, because it's none of your business, so you kinda hint at it and leave it at that lol

In the end the only characters who have evolved are Matsuri and, to a lesser degree, Yuzu herself. Harumin has also seen no development. But hey, maybe next chapter Mei pulls a 360. The fact that it would take her MONTHS to do so is super strange though.

joined Jan 22, 2018

@mei is waifu

When I said "The Tachibana sisters", I'm saying both of them DUH

Mei did vent her pent up emotion to Yuzu on the earliest chapter but it did stop after the arc with her father. I don't even know where they got the idea that Mei was abusive.

@matsuri_wins

There's a reason why it's called "character development" and not personality swap/change. You can't expect Mei to instantly change from being a Kuudere into a Deredere character. But imo saying you can't see how Mei change since volume 1 is total bullsh*t.

if Mei's personality had become like Yuzu or Harumin. I bet a lot of readers will also question this. so, you know to each of their own opinions; I mean, Is there like a believable reason why Mei will instantly become bubbly and friendly to everyone? Last time, I checked the story revolves around Yuzu and Mei and not a group of cute high school girls doing cute things together.

last edited at Mar 8, 2018 1:34AM

joined Dec 11, 2013

Oh, guys. Came back to read this after so long and had my heart broken by the last chapter. The suffering is 2 hard 4 my heart I.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Mei warming up to Yuzu is development. Mei growing to see how relationships can be enjoyable for their own sake rather than only for fulfilling obligations is development. Is it well written? Maybe not. But she didn't stay the same.

Also I have to take issue with the idea that since Mei ultimately left Yuzu, that's proof her personality didn't improve at all. Mei's self-destructive loyalty to her family is her most deeply ingrained character flaw, and a relapse was inevitable sooner or later. But that doesn't mean she didn't make any step in the right direction at all. It's just another step on the long road to recovery.

last edited at Mar 8, 2018 2:23AM

joined Jan 22, 2018

Mei warming up to Yuzu is development. Meianother growing to see how relationships can be enjoyable for their own sake rather than only for fulfilling obligations is development. Is it well written? Maybe not. But she didn't stay the same.

Also I have to take issue with the idea that since Mei ultimately left Yuzu, that's proof her personality didn't improve at all. Mei's self-destructive loyalty to her family is her most deeply ingrained character flaw, and a relapse was inevitable sooner or later. But that doesn't mean she didn't make any step in the right direction at all. It's just another step on the long road to recovery.

I guess they would rather have Saburo Uta introduce a new character to force another love triangle rather than see Mei and Yuzu resolving one of the main plot of the story.

I can understand why a lot of readers hates Mei rigth now and it's all because we haven't seen her side of the story yet. But there's a reason why volume 8 and 9 showed Mei reciprocating Yuzu's feelings. it is pretty much to remind us that despite her decision, she had really fallen for Yuzu and she was just a victim of circumstances. I don't get why a lot of readers can't see that.

joined Feb 21, 2018

@themusicman500 Mei warming up to Yuzu isnt really progress. It's not like Mei has never had a friend. Mei also still sees that relationships are just for fulfilling obligations since that's exactly what she continues to do. She is the exact same as we saw at the beginning doing the same exact thing since she is repeating what she did in volume 1. This isn't a relapse, it's apparently been a thing this whole time but Mei refused to do anything about it because she didn't learn anything in the last 35 chapters.

@Yuri_lvl100 No, a lot of us just don't want to see Citrus recycle the same exact plot from volume 1. Here we are thinking that the story has progressed and Mei might actually become worthy of Yuzus affection, but turns out that Mei hasn't made any progress at all and continues to be the cause of every single problem in their relationship. Mei isn't a victim of circumstances as we have seen with her father, she just refuses to tell her Grandfather 'No'.

To reply you must either login or sign up.