Forum › Shouraiteki ni Shindekure discussion

joined Feb 15, 2013

Of course Komaki is chill she's the archetypal straight woman designed to act as a foil to Hishikawa's absurd shenanigans. That's literally her narrative purpose. Most of the people taking issue aren't put off because of how this affects Komaki (because she doesn't exist) put rather because they are responding to Hishikawa's actions with the same reaction they'd have to them in reality: disgust. The fact that a fictional character designed to not take offense to an action does what they were literally written to do doesn't make that action inoffensive. For example, Bella in Twilight being a-okay with Edward breaking into her room in the night without her knowledge to watch her sleep didn't suddenly make that not an insanely creepy thing to do.

People are allowed to express distaste for a joke they think is unfunny and inappropriate. Something being intended as a joke doesn't exempt it from being subjected to critical thought.

No offense to anyone here if they think so, but doesn't it come from the inability to separate reality from fiction?

Because antihero has existed as far as literature go. They often put in unrealistic circumstance and it's interesting for us to see how they deal with it. And I don't even mean unrealistic as in fantasy world with werewolf, vampire and stuffs. Even in this manga for example, seeing two characters, Hishikawa who is passive but obsessed with buying her friend virginity (while fantasizing about her being the assertive one). Komaki meanwhile not only totally cool with it, but even encourage Hishikawa to not giving up, despite constantly deny Hishikawa's advantage.

How's many here have experienced something like that in real life?

If I support Hoshikawa here, does it means I condone sexual harassment? How could you condone something that unlikely to happen in real life?

Simialrly, if I read a manga about succubus raping a human to satisfy her hunger. Does it mean I condone rape? Or condone denying a person access to foods?

last edited at Feb 9, 2018 9:42AM

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

All Majere stated was that some people don't enjoy the series and gave a few reasons as to why. They never went anywhere near criticizing people that do enjoy it. Please don't pursue that line of argument; it goes nowhere and benefits no one.

Even though I used it myself, I'll concede that "rape-y" may be too heavy a term. But the series is still creepy and inappropriate in quite a few ways.

Some people won't like it because of those things; there's nothing wrong with that.

Some people like it in spite of - or even because of - those things. Nothing wrong with that, either.

last edited at Feb 9, 2018 10:17AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

It's not about not liking it, it's about calling it inappropriate when it clearly isn't. There's nothing inappropriate going on here, it's poor criticism. I mean, it's just a girl propositioning her friend for sex and the friend doesn't even tell her to stop trying. So where is the inappropriate creepiness? Some of the most beloved series on this site are creepier with love interests trying to secretly catch a peek at the other changing or kissing them while they are asleep and defenseless. This is pretty low on the creep scale.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This argument is one of the dumbest things I've seen this week, and I've looked at Trump's twitter feed.

This horse ain't gettin' any deader. You've all said your piece, it's time to move on.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan posted:

I've looked at Trump's twitter feed.

That's a really good way to cause brain damage. If not by Trump's stupidity, then from some of the incomprehensibly stupid responses.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I've said my piece I won't waste any more time on a circular argument where my point is just being willfully ignored.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I've said my piece I won't waste any more time on a circular argument where my point is just being willfully ignored.

Everybody has been ignoring the others' points/opinions. No need to play the victim.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And let's not start that little game either, please.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Now that the characters are established, and the plot is in motion, I hope we get to see how they met in the first place.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Now that the characters are established, and the plot is in motion, I hope we get to see how they met in the first place.

Yeah, there's a lot we really need to know about them. Like how she came to the conclusion that offering cash was even an option (albeit the worst one).

joined Dec 28, 2016

I love this story. I hope to see more and I hope it stays good. Chapter 3 was the best so far. "Look at this! You can lift them up! Wow!" Komaki confirmed for being flat?

last edited at Feb 9, 2018 11:07PM

Coollogo_com_262501472
joined Jul 21, 2014

I wish I was rich. I already got the horny and lesbian part down.

Hehe, I concur. I like the girl with the glasses tho.

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

The coercion fantasies are sort of.... um. Pretty 'lay back and think of England'-esque.

But it looks like there's hope for actual development! Glad this reads like a boku-tsukkomi thing, I can only imagine how long this has been going along for both of them to be this used to it from each other. And since Komaki seems to enjoy yanking her chain, that gives me hope. And that climax!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The coercion fantasies are sort of.... um. Pretty 'lay back and think of England'-esque.

I've noticed that too. She basically can't imagine Komaki being an active participant even in her fantasies. I think that works well with the theory that she can't imagine Komaki returning her feelings. So being an idiot, this is the only alternative she can think of.

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I've noticed that too. She basically can't imagine Komaki being an active participant even in her fantasies. I think that works well with the theory that she can't imagine Komaki returning her feelings. So being an idiot, this is the only alternative she can think of.

That's probably the case, since it literally blew her mind when Komaki just touched her breast for a bit, haha

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That's probably the case, since it literally blew her mind when Komaki just touched her breast for a bit, haha

Not that she has a lot of mind to blow. We're talking Christmas cracker levels of armament.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

I like this naive side of Komaki. It shows that she and Hishikawa aren't so different when it comes to bluntness and flying in the face of social mores.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

i'm still debating myself on whether or not Shun is just physically attracted to Komaki or not.

joined Mar 6, 2015

This girl needs to properly study how to court a lady! throws a literal book at her

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This girl needs to properly study how to court a lady!

...before a proper lady takes her to court!

Untitled
joined May 15, 2014

hmm she's annoying. pass

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Oh my god hahahaha I thought it was going to be some kind of traumatic childhood flashback, but boy oh boy, god I love this manga.

last edited at Feb 11, 2018 6:18AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

My theory still holds up!

Asasasasas
joined Mar 28, 2017

Let's be real, even if Shun ended up getting Komaki to spend the night with her there's no way this emotional wreck of a lesbian could go through the entire night without throwing up or having some sort of attack.

I heard there's something to look forward to in chapter 5? I can't wait.

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

I find this story annoying. Also the mouths are so big.

To reply you must either login or sign up.