Forum › Bright and Cheery Amnesia discussion

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Poor Stan will probably have to revise previous chapters that featured Hara-san to reflect how she's mistaken about Mari-san's sex.

Don't worry, he was prepared for it: if you go back, you'll see that Arisa has never mentioned Mari's gender or name while speaking to Hara-san. Otherwise the running gag of her assuming they're talking about boyfriends wouldn't have worked.

Mari-san just keeps breaking hearts wherever she goes. Boys, girls, old ladies, nobody's safe.

Seriously, I love all the little grannies in this neighborhood, and how they all have crushes on Mari, no matter if it's as "the girlfriend with the voice" or "the prince of the balcony". It's freaking adorable.

And I agree that it's sweet that nearly everyone that Arisa comes out to (and outs Mari to) have been so accepting. The only ones who were jerks about it was the old man in chapter 3 and Maeda (but he's kind of a super creep in general). Also sort of that taxi driver, who thought that two girls checking in at a love hotel was a bad idea.

I'm not counting the convenience store clerk, as he doesn't hate them for being lesbians, he just hates them because Arisa is loud and annoying. Which is a legit reason.

last edited at Jan 16, 2018 1:34PM

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Arisa is the hero LGBT needs

Arisa is great, but I'd say that if anyone was a hero in this chapter, it's Hara-san. She abruptly finds out that the boyfriend Arisa has been talking about constantly is actually a girlfriend. But instead of getting weirded out, her reaction is to try and prevent any misunderstandings that could get Arisa into trouble, and then proceeds to help save their relationship solely because she's a great friend who likes to help people. She turned around a super awkward situation and made the best of it.

Hara-san might be my favorite straight girl in a yuri manga ever.

last edited at Jan 16, 2018 2:10PM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'd say I like cucumber-woman better; at her age (that vaguely sounds bad, but it's true anyway xD ) being open-minded is tougher ... but I'm being annoyed by the "what, you're the girlfriend and not cooking?" comment, so... ^^

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

She seems like the type who normally wouldn't be very accepting of same sex couples, but is hypnotized by Mari's masculine handsomeness (just like most people who meet her).
Mari's steadily building a harem of grannies without noticing, it's fantastic.

last edited at Jan 16, 2018 4:19PM

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

That means... she's not a prince but a princess

It's like she doesn't know what site she's on.

last edited at Jan 16, 2018 4:26PM

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Arisa is great, but I'd say that if anyone was a hero in this chapter, it's Hara-san. She abruptly finds out that the boyfriend Arisa has been talking about constantly is actually a girlfriend. But instead of getting weirded out, her reaction is to try and prevent any misunderstandings that could get Arisa into trouble, and then proceeds to help save their relationship solely because she's a great friend who likes to help people. She turned around a super awkward situation and made the best of it.

I do agree with this. While Arisa is the hero LGBT needs, I believe Hara-san is an absolute bro and this chapter's hero. Just look at her and her big mouth go, bless her. She actually instigated progress in their relationship, the mad man.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

I can't stop smiling

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

They are sooooooo cute!

joined Nov 26, 2017

I love the overall concept, a cute story indeed.

14cfe1a9-a4f3-4cf0-9523-8f2b4dae54e8
joined Sep 4, 2017

Yay, they finally kissed

Kotori-chan
joined Jan 8, 2018

I can't stop smiling while reading this. It's cute, funny, and adorable all at the same time.

joined May 1, 2013

.......why don't they just fuck?

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I do agree with this. While Arisa is the hero LGBT needs, I believe Hara-san is an absolute bro and this chapter's hero. Just look at her and her big mouth go, bless her. She actually instigated progress in their relationship, the mad man.

Hara-san = grade A+ ally

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

.......why don't they just fuck?

In the story, it's because Arisa can't remember being intimate with Mari (or anyone), so she's super nervous about it, and Mari has never taken initiative before.

In reality, it's because the sexual tension is what keeps the series going, so it gets dragged out way beyond what's reasonable.
It's not unusual for a yuri manga (or any romantic comedy manga) to take forever for the characters to finally do it, but it feels more frustrating than normal because they start out as an established couple already.

The latest chapter gives me some hope that it won't take eight volumes for them to finally screw, though.

last edited at Jan 22, 2018 3:04AM

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Hara-san = grade A+ ally

grabs Hara-san banner All praise Hara-san!!!

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

She's the perfect friend for Arisa, because her urge for girl talk and feeling like a sex expert cancels out how overwhelming Arisa's bluntness is.
I love the straight, supportive best friends type of characters in yuri stories. They don't get a lot of recognition, and are somewhat rare, but they do their best.

The manga will probably never get to that point, but I just know that Hara-san is gonna be maid of honor at Arisa's and Maris' wedding one day. And it's gonna be your typical sitcom wedding, where everything goes wrong yet ends up heartwarming and happy.

last edited at Jan 22, 2018 7:44AM

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

Thank you Hara-saaaannnn!!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It was cute but bleeerghhhh +__+

joined Aug 28, 2016

Arisa's smug expression on page 2 is the best.

joined Jan 11, 2018

Indeed, kisses count between girls.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

it's quite refreshing seeing Arisa worrying about their relationship

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2018

Adorable as usual but i wish they would have told Mari's friends the truth.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Man, Arisa is the cutest trainwreck ever.

And high school Mari was denser than a Neutron Star.

Doctoraaaaaa
joined Apr 14, 2015

^she looked cool tho
I really like high school Mari ^///^

Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

kisses between girls count double

To reply you must either login or sign up.